Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Would this mod race be easy to do?  (Read 829 times)

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Would this mod race be easy to do?
« on: September 18, 2021, 04:05:59 pm »

I was thinking about life games like altis life, or games that say it will try to be hyper detailed, like star citizen or earth 2 or the failed identity rpg.

While thinking about it, I was thinking about if a society made of gamers would work, I am talking about that because gamers dont play a game 24/7, while at real life people exist 24/7 (unless they die).
The question is, is a complex real life like game even work, since their society is made of species that "do nothing" most of the day?

Then some idea came into my mind, the idea of using dwarf fortress to test this. Dwarf fortress is a very complex/detailed game and could be used to see if this society would work.

Anyway, the race would be this:
1-Like humans but with those changes:
2-If at the future there is a chance higher than 0% that at this time, during the previous 24 hours, you spent less than 21 hours sleeping, the character will automatically sleep. (this basically means you need to sleep a min of 21 hours per each consecutive 24 hours).
3-You can set yourself to sleep, at any moment at any time. And can wake up at any moment you want while sleeping as long you follow rule 1.
4-While sleeping you don't dream but can know the amount of time it passed since you slept.
5-While sleeping you dont feel pain (but the effects of being hit still happen), cold/hot and you can't hear sounds.

Basically this race emulate a human that plays a game just for 3 hours a day, everyday. But unlike most game, the player character don't log out, and stay there at the game sleeping.

Would this race be easy to create?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 04:08:56 pm by exdeath »