Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Nu Gods - A Ye Gods Clone IC Thread - Tick 2: Essential Living  (Read 5386 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Nu Gods - A Ye Gods Clone IC Thread - Tick 2: Essential Living
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2021, 07:29:51 pm »

Story maker

Story maker looks to his new creations and begins to instruct them
I give the Calvites the gift of written language, that they may record and interpret history. Then I tell them that they are to build a city around the grand crystal to defend it, and that they are to study the knowledge recorded by the crystal, and categorize it.
"To all the Gods, I ask, what form should the magics of this world take?"

Every form! Also, May a kind god spare a essence or two for me please?

The Corrupter

I create a divine race to worship me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 07:31:49 pm by Knightwing64 »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2021, 07:30:10 pm »

(How supernatural can the traits be? Is there a limit?)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 07:33:05 pm by Knightwing64 »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2021, 07:37:23 pm »

(( Just ask in the ooc
Also please If you Guys want a Discount then state how much it would Cost without Discount and then again the discounted amount. Thank you.))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2021, 07:47:11 pm »

AUTAN
DOES ANYBODY HAVE REQUESTS FOR FURTHER LANDSCAPING? I HAD INTENDED TO BUILD SOME MEASURE OF AN ECOSYSTEM ON THE OUTER SURFACE AS WELL AS THAT WHICH I MADE WITHIN, BUT IT FEELS AS THOUGH THE SKY VINES MAY HAVE MADE THAT UNECESSARY.

Story maker
BY MY NATURE, I AM INCLINED TOWARD THE RITUALISTIC AND RUNIC, THOSE MAGICS WHICH REQUIRE GREAT EFFORTS TO INVOKE, EVEN AS THEY GRANT GREAT UTILITY IN RETURN. HOWEVER, ANY SORT OF ARCANERY THAT MIGHT BENEFIT FROM THE HARD WORK OF A LIFETIME WOULD APPEAL TO ME. I SHOULD NOT APPROVE, HOWEVER, IF SUCH CAPABILITIES WERE HEREDITARY, RANDOMLY GIVEN, OR OTHERWISE SPREAD CAPRICIOUSLY, WITHOUT REGARD FOR THE EFFORTS OF THOSE WHO DESIRE TO UTILIZE IT. NONE SHOULD BE BARRED THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2021, 08:22:49 pm »

The Watcher

The Watcher begins creating various small to medium sized mammals, birds, and other creatures to fill the evolutionary gap between the Monkeys and the insects.

The vines are the ecosystem of the chasms and ravines, the world we have created is vast on a level incomprehensible to the creatures that live upon it. There is no end to the potential creations, no end at all. As for magic... I have a proposal.

My proposal is thus: Within all living things, plant or animal, hill or stream, there shall be a soul. If a Mortal is tolerated, or beloved by the souls around them, those souls shall be granted the power to make small changes to the world, insofar as they are able. A stream could slow down to let a traveller pass, or a hill could subtly lead the traveller towards the best path. I propose that when the soul of a sentient Mortal does not go to the Afterlife for one reason or another, it becomes a soul of the land and the plants and animals again, until perhaps one day it may have another chance at life in a Mortal, and may reach the Afterlife. To exist, and to sleep. Even we will sleep one day. No amount of pride will ever change that.

Some spirits may like familiar rituals, some Spirits may prefer that Mortals obey etiquette when around them, with enough Spirits working in unison, mountains may be moved. I am not proposing that this should be the only system of magic, but I am suggesting it as a possibility. I would appreciate it if you could tell me our opinions soon, as what I use my essence for shall depend on what path the proposal goes down, though I have plans for either possibility, and I do not mind if the proposal is rejected.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2021, 08:42:12 pm »

Chemra
“Armamemnon, you must be more careful with your strength, lest you starve yourself. Since you’re currently too weak to make something without dying, tell me something you’d like made and I’ll make it. Here’s some Essence to keep you going, I advise either resting, or if you do decide to do something, make sure not to use Essence while doing it”

Chemra gives Armamemnon 2 Essence
Chemra thinks about the costs of future actions she will take.

Story maker
“I’m not sure of an original idea but”
AUTAN
DOES ANYBODY HAVE REQUESTS FOR FURTHER LANDSCAPING? I HAD INTENDED TO BUILD SOME MEASURE OF AN ECOSYSTEM ON THE OUTER SURFACE AS WELL AS THAT WHICH I MADE
Story maker
BY MY NATURE, I AM INCLINED TOWARD THE RITUALISTIC AND RUNIC, THOSE MAGICS WHICH REQUIRE GREAT EFFORTS TO INVOKE, EVEN AS THEY GRANT GREAT UTILITY IN RETURN. HOWEVER, ANY SORT OF ARCANERY THAT MIGHT BENEFIT FROM THE HARD WORK OF A LIFETIME WOULD APPEAL TO ME. I SHOULD  NOT APPROVE, HOWEVER, IF SUCH CAPABILITIES WERE HEREDITARY, RANDOMLY GIVEN, OR OTHERWISE SPREAD CAPRICIOUSLY, WITHOUT REGARD FOR THE EFFORTS OF THOSE WHO DESIRE TO UTILIZE IT. NONE SHOULD BE BARRED THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN.
”Autan, this idea sounds good, perhaps by this system, the more purposeful someone’s action is, the more magic energy said creature would get, and the kinds of things that magic can help with are linked to whatever action allowed them to absorb it? Like if a sapient crafted something, the magic they get from doing that would be stored in them until they use it, and said magic can be used for crafting related things. Perhaps thought can also influence said magic? Like thinking general purpose things like hunting would give a weaker amount of hunting magic than a specific technique, like leading prey to a trap would give more trapping magic than the general hunting magic, the more specific the purpose, the more powerful the magic, but also the more specialized said magic would be. Does this make sense? Also yes I’m planning on building an ecosystem. I need to find out how much power it would take to make a type of aquatic plant that can collect various gasses and hydrolyze water to get the materials for growth, as light is rare, and I don’t know if there’s enough crystal light in the water for them to use that…if the organisms don’t use photosynthesis, would they even be considered plants? They’d be chemotrophs. I plan on making creatures too, I just need to find out how much of me will be left after all this, I don;t want to end up like Armenenmon, I’m giving him Essence since he nearly starved himself making but one race”
The Watcher

The Watcher begins creating various small to medium sized mammals, birds, and other creatures to fill the evolutionary gap between the Monkeys and the insects.

The vines are the ecosystem of the chasms and ravines, the world we have created is vast on a level incomprehensible to the creatures that live upon it. There is no end to the potential creations, no end at all. As for magic... I have a proposal.

My proposal is thus: Within all living things, plant or animal, hill or stream, there shall be a soul. If a Mortal is tolerated, or beloved by the souls around them, those souls shall be granted the power to make small changes to the world, insofar as they are able. A stream could slow down to let a traveller pass, or a hill could subtly lead the traveller towards the best path. I propose that when the soul of a sentient Mortal does not go to the Afterlife for one reason or another, it becomes a soul of the land and the plants and animals again, until perhaps one day it may have another chance at life in a Mortal, and may reach the Afterlife. To exist, and to sleep. Even we will sleep one day. No amount of pride will ever change that.

Some spirits may like familiar rituals, some Spirits may prefer that Mortals obey etiquette when around them, with enough Spirits working in unison, mountains may be moved. I am not proposing that this should be the only system of magic, but I am suggesting it as a possibility. I would appreciate it if you could tell me our opinions soon, as what I use my essence for shall depend on what path the proposal goes down, though I have plans for either possibility, and I do not mind if the proposal is rejected.
”I see no reason this conflicts with Autan’s suggestion, maybe the soul would be where acquired magic is stored”
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 04:08:49 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2021, 10:02:03 pm »

Oikeon

The Watcher

Oh, I love this idea. If i may add to it, maybe the rituals can run on some kind of sympathetic system. So above, So below, the part for the whole and things like that. Everything is connected, and mortals who recognize this connections should be rewarded.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2021, 10:03:59 pm »

Story Maker
"I would propose that Rituals and other forms of magic also be able to tap conventional power sources, like the Cores and the Black Hole."
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2021, 10:11:02 pm »

Chemra
Story Maker
"I would propose that Rituals and other forms of magic also be able to tap conventional power sources, like the Cores and the Black Hole."
”I don’t see why they woulldn’t, just that you need magic stored before being able to combine it with said power maybe”

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2021, 10:22:28 pm »

Story Maker
Chemra
”I don’t see why they woulldn’t, just that you need magic stored before being able to combine it with said power maybe”
"Seems sensible. Should someone write out this version of the entire system that has been dreamed up? So I can store it later."
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2021, 02:42:57 am »

😄✨🤣✨👍

"Perhaps we could work in our Divine Symbols as part of the magic system? It would be a shame if we didn't use them for anything, you know. Each symbol could represent that god's sphere!"

Anoint a Superiourling as Divine Hero Of Freedom.
Cost 18E x0.8 = 14.4 rounded down to 14E. Using Corruption sphere since a non-superior god meddling with a Superiorling corrupts their creator's intent.

Hero Name: Hero Of Freedom
Hero Description: As a normal Superiorling.
Sapiant Powerlevel: +8 Cha
Special Abilities: Just (Bound to a just code of conduct, as defined by The Defender.) Squishproof (Cannot be directly smote.)

Create Rats, Basic race. Place them in the inner shell.

Creature Name: Rat
Creature Description: Short in stature, humanoid rodent. Have thick teeth for crunching up and eating Aucite crystals, and fond of digging for shiny things and tinkering. Worship all gods equally.
Sapiant Powerlevel: +1 str +3 dex -1 con -2 int -2 wis +1 cha
Special Abilities: nones

Also keep reshaping a moon into the shape of Rex's face.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 02:47:45 am by Egan_BW »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2021, 04:17:01 am »

Gilda
"I like the idea of letting people just go hog wild with magic and do whatever they want, it'll make things more interesting in the long run."

Create various types of trees and smaller woody plants and spread them allover the planet.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2021, 06:03:34 am »

The Corrupter

May I have some essence my good gods?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2021, 07:24:40 am »

The Defender

The Defender, quiet in thought, continues his work, starting to pour Essence into ensuring his domain is well-protected.

Spend 10E on fortifications and divine wards against intrusion and interference for the Realm.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2021, 09:11:18 am »

AUTAN
HMN. IT IS TIME, THEN, TO PRODUCE MORTALS? VERY WELL, I SUPPOSE. I SHALL PARTICIPATE.
Autan scoops out a great lump of stone, and begins to work it like clay between his hands, softening it, readying it. He takes a half-handful of Aucite shards and works them in as he does so; stretched and deformed, they leave long but faint bands of color through the material he works with, mortality in potentia. Satisfied with his material, Autan truly gets to work.
His enormous fingers are too great in size to shape mortals on the same scale as others; even with his dexterity, the details could not be achieved. So he molds them twice, thrice the size; they would stand as giants among the races. Though their bodies seemed mostly stone, they were still interlaced with crystal, leaving each with their own distinct patterning of iridescent swirls and lines. Two legs to carry them, that when they chose might allow them again close to the earth below. Two arms to serve them as one, for it is in doing one task with all your focus that work may be done without faltering. Their heads left largely blank, save two fathomless eyes, reflecting the black hole of the world’s core.
They should be powerful, and creative, and capable of many crafts. But most importantly, they should be able to truly work, for the fruits of our labors are always the sweetest rewards.
They stood ready. Unknowing. Unliving. Until Autan made final his work.
A gentle breath. A giant’s roar. A divine command.
LIVE, MY CHILDREN. LIVE, MY WORKINGS. LIVE, LITTLE ARTIFEX, AND GREET THE WORLD.

Autan creates two (2) units of an elite race, the Artifex, using the Work sphere alignment discount (both for the process involved and the proclivities of the created mortals). They are placed in the underground.
Price: 2*9*.8=14.4, rounds down to 14 (would have been 18).

Creature Name: Artifex
Creature Description: Giant humanoids that appear to be made of stone and crystal, each having a unique crystal pattern. They have a proclivity toward work and crafts.
Sapiant Powerlevel: +2 Con, +1 Str, +1 Dex, +1 Int, -1 Cha
Special Abilities: Tireless (don’t need sleep), Material Production (can produce a spidersilk-like crystal one filament from their hands, for various uses)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9