Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Nu Gods - A Ye Gods Clone IC Thread - Tick 2: Essential Living  (Read 5372 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Nu Gods - A Ye Gods Clone IC Thread - Tick 1: Hollow Planet Penrose Power
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2021, 07:51:04 pm »

"I didn't see anybody do that."

(Bruh)

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2021, 07:55:11 pm »

Story Maker

"Fair warning to all, mess with my records and I will not be shy about deorbiting a large object onto your worshippers. I have plans for the moon I just put the core in, stay out of that and I will stay out of your business as well." The Pyramid threatens
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2021, 08:06:56 pm »

Rex Auri Stultum

Also make one of the moons be shaped like Rex's face. It's a nice face, okay?
"As the person rocking such a nice face I agree!"

"Anyway I shall start work on my own personal domain on this planet! Holler if you need me!"

On the surface of the planet high atop a artificial mountain create a hous- no wait a mans- no wait A PALACE MADE OF GOLD! It shall be splenderous and all mortals and deities shall be in awe at its beauty and craftgodship!

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2021, 08:18:36 pm »

Wait where is the OOC thread?
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2021, 09:45:25 pm »

Oikeon
It took time for Oikeon to wake up. He was not a creator god after all, but a god of emergence. And it took him even more time to decide wheter to act or not. No one can tell if took days or aeons, for what is time in the age of Gods? But in the end, the song of the sporeflies and the doiVRoots, so inexorably interwoven called him to action. With a bow he introduced himself to the other gods: "Greetings, fellow divinities. My name is Oikeon and i hope we can all work together to create something beutiful he said in a chirpy voice.

Than he started to work. The new planet was nice but still mostly lifeless. The deep chasms however inspired hip: So he began to dance in them, and where his lower body touched the ground, some of the vines that composed it fell off and took a life of their own.Soon most of the chasms were crossed by a thick canopy of vegetable strands, a mat of suspended vines that ran from border to border of the canyons. This vines supported a flourishing ecosystem, were giant insects and agile reptiles fed on the vines, only to be eaten by monkey like apex predators. But his best creation was still to come. He touched below the mat of vines and soon it began to grow hives of wood. Inside there were the larvae of the first Drawinia, the second sapient race to bless the planet.

Spend 2 essence to create and spread the Sky Vines Ecosystem all over the hollow world.
Spend 9 essence to create the Drawinia (singular: Drawinium)
Spoiler: Drawinium (click to show/hide)
I believe my life and interdependence sphere should both grant me a discount on my first creation, and my life sphere should grant me a discount for the second.

Spoiler: Sky vines (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sky vines ecosystem (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 08:25:48 am by Leonardo8 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2021, 09:56:44 pm »

AUTAN
WELL NOW, IT IS TIME TO BEGIN MY WORKS. THANK YOU, OIKEON, FOR YOUR EFFORTS UPON THE SURFACE; NOW, ALLOW ME TO ATTEND TO THE WORLD BELOW.
The land below the land is dark, aetheric mechanisms attending to the dark star of the world's core, leaving glints of impossible colors twinkling across the "sky". It is here that Autan sets to his efforts.
Autan heaves his shovel, and swings it down - up? - toward the ground; as its head travels its many miles, it shifts, until a great rake strikes the earth. And Autan walks, rake carried behind, carving shallow furrows into the raw stone of creation.
The inner surface is raked and carved and tilled and worked and under Autan's careful ministrations, the uppermost stone turns to a thin layer of soft and fertile earth, caressed by penrose energies of the world's black and iridescent heart. But he was not done shaping the ground.
A spade was taken to hand, great boulders unearthed, in some cases even cut from the ground. This was the world below, meant to be as much of stone as of soil, and so it should be. Stonecutter in deft and dexterous hands, archways were carved, great stalagmites were structured, and the building blocks of mountains were cut, arranged, and smoothed to their final shape of imposing faces and sharp, towering peaks. Where stone was taken from the ground would be lakes, chasms, and more. And so the work of shaping the fields was done.
But the crop had yet to be sown.
Autan dipped a hand into his satchel of spores, pulled out a handful. Some dripped from his palm; others drifted "upwards", high enough to be dragged toward the core. It was no matter.
Autan brought his palm up toward his face, and blew, scattering the spores to the winds. Smaller than the shards, smaller than the seeds, where a handful of his other crops might fill a field, the spores could fill a hundredfold, a thousandfold the land. Let them come to rest where they may; some would be lost to the core, but no matter. There were enough.
Done with the spores, Autan went to the pouch of shards, pulling out a handful. Unlike the spores, these would be carefully sown. Here, he pressed them into the shore of a lake; there, he decorated the top of an especially tall pillar, almost an imitation of a tree. Here, a great field of crystal, where the stone beneath may not even be visible; there, sparsely set, that one may only just see the glow of the next crystal on the horizon. He takes care. The soil will catch most of the spores; where stone stands in abundance is where the crystals shall grow greatest.

Yes, this shall be a beauteous work.

Autan changes a relatively thin layer of the interior world's stone into fertile soil, creates mountains and various cave features, and spreads both mushrooms and crystals throughout the interior world.
Plant Name: Mycril
Plant Description: Mushrooms, of many shapes, sizes, and colors. Most of them are fairly drab, but some of them glow funky colors under the black light.
Special Abilities: N/A
Mineral Name: Aucite
Mineral Description: Translucent crystals in myriad colors, that take in the energy of the world and use it to grow, as well as power their slight luminescence.
Special Abilities: They carry some energy, pretty much the same amount as a similarly-aged and -sized plant. They're basically meant to be the mineral equivalent of grass.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 10:36:03 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2021, 11:46:52 pm »

Quote from: Shuddha Rama
The Rama that can be seen is not the Shuddha Rama.

(Whatever manner of speaking this represents, 😄✨🤣✨👍 is quite clearly unable to comprehend it.)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2021, 12:04:47 am »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2021, 03:24:25 am »

Gilda
"Things sure do move fast here, one second we're talking about what kind of world we're making then suddenly the thing is built and people are adding stuff, shit I need to move faster than I have been so I don't get left behind. Any way this planet lacks minerals needed for advanced technology and I'm gonna do something about it."
Add various metals and minerals to the stone of the world so that the people that will and are being added will be able to use, once they figure out how to get them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2021, 09:29:19 am »

Kong Long Li

Kong Long Li stumbles in from the [East] edge of existence, before muttering about how blackholes are rather poor for Feng Shui.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2021, 05:38:27 pm »

Defender

The god, pleased to see others seeding the new creation with life, turned his eyes heavenward. He set to work with his great hammer and a steady hand, slowly chiseling himself a new realm on one of many orbiting moons, one that would hopefully surround him with the virtuous dead.
Quote from: The Realm Justicae

The Realm, where it has not been built over, is an echo of the mortal realm, much as the Defender himself echoes the mortals themselves. A soft light illuminates it as if it were perpetually dawn, casting rays through the leaves of otherworldly trees. All "life" here is a sort of spectral impression of what exists on the mortal realm, given physical form. It is said that words have more weight here; the plants and animals behave more as people believe they ought to, an apology could heal both the offender and the offended, and particularly egregious lies might form actual chains that weigh the one in question down. The landscape, while also drawing from the mortal realm, tends towards gently rolling hills and thin forest with thickets dotted haphazardly about it.

Upon the tallest hill stands the Hall of Judgement, and the various celestial buildings that shall eventually house the angelic staff that mans it, as well as virtuous mortal souls that have chosen to rest there. These structures range from the spartan to the opulent, each resident choosing where they may reside within the bounds set by the Defender or (eventually) his judges; the more just one was in life, and the more good one does, the better one's station in the next. All mortal souls come to the Realm Aurum for judgement; after such, they are returned to the care of their respective deities, should they have a plane to contain such, or may stay in the Realm as either a retiree from life or a servant of the Defender, whichever they desire. They may also choose to be welcomed into the embrace of the Last, and cease forever, or to reincarnate as a new mortal. Wicked souls are similarly returned to their own patrons marked as such; those under the purview of the Defender, or with no patron, are set to serve out a penance of harsh labor in the afterlife proportionate to the suffering they caused in their mortal ones.

The Defender begins work on an afterlife. (Price check?)
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2021, 06:21:42 pm »

Tick 2: Essential Living
Soon after the creation of the planet Chemra creates a vast amount of water for 1 essence. They spread it to all corners of the planet that are covered in dirt, creating vast lakes and oceans in the process. Some water flows down the chasms.
😄✨🤣✨👍 begins creating atmospheric chemicals to make the planet more habitable, soon there is a proper amount of them to support life. They then bring in some random gases to spice things up. This process will take a while.
The Story Maker dedicates time and energy to the cores and spends 8 essence. It seeds the moons and the ring of gold dust with these knowledge recording, energy producing crystals. The centrepiece of this gigantic core crystal project is the humoungous Grand Core. The grand core is linked to all the cores of this reality and serves as a storage for all knowledge recorded by the cores. The Story Maker thrusts the Grand Core into one of the many moons. They create the Calvites for 6e, creatures of crystal shaped like crabs. They are studious and clever but they are a bit blunt in their communications. They are however able to only feed off of Core energy. They begin wandering the grand core and studying the records.
The Watcher creating the first insects and various forms of mosses, lichen, algae, seaweed, and other plants. All of these creations carve their own niche on the planet and begin to spread slowly over the surface of both sides (inside outside of the planet).
The Corruptor puts seeds of eldritch life into pockets of darkmatter. One will have to see what comes of it. They then begin adjusting the planetary temperature to a life supporting level.
Armamemmnon begins to create the Superiourlings. Truley magnificient four handed, bipedal beings with a dedication to be the best and the ability to restructure their beings to accomodate different situations. They soon begin to wander the planet and squabbling amongst themselves who is the best. -20E
Shuddha Rama saves Armamemmnon from starving with 1Essence.
After this the Story Maker threatens the other deities to not mess with his creations, especially the moon of the Grand Core. If this was wise will show in the future.
Rex Auri Stultum creates a Palace of pure Gold on the top of an artificially made mountain. This palace is awe-inspiring yet relatively devoid of description.
Oikeon uses 2 Essence to create the Sky Vines ecosystem, spreading it over the entire planet. Sky vines are thick vines that grow on top of each other in chasms and canyons, sharing nutrients so they can eventually grow big enough to cross the chasm. Individually they are not very large, but together they form a mat that could confortably sustain an elephant in midair. Within these constructs of vines you can find the insect clade, these insects are beetle like and can range in size from a few centimeters up to 4m weighing up to a ton.
The lizard clade is made up of brightly coloured lizards that in some cases grow up to 1m in size. They are fast climbers and have sharp senses to be able to escape.
The monkey clade makes up the predators of the sky vine ecosystem. They are different monkeys with callous hands and sharp teeth. They also have pretensile tails.
Oikeon then produces the Drawinium. They are relatively big insectoid creatures, they grow up to 50 cm in lenght and look like oversized fuzzy ants, except for their articulated and very complex mandibles, capable of fine manipulation. They live in hives of vegetable metter on the underside of the Sky Vines. Unlike true eusocial insects they have no queen, everybody can and (mostly) does reproduce. They are robust, wise, and quite strong for their size. Beware their mandibles and take awe in their climbing abilities. They quickly begin colonizing the undersides of the sky vines.
Autan creates a thin soil layer on the inside of the planet out of rock, They begin shaping the interiour with mountains, cave features and spreads mushrooms and crystals there. The mycril are a clade of mushrooms that come in many sizes and colours, some producing funky light effects in the light of the black hole.
The Aucite he uses to cover parts of the floor. They are translucent crystals in myriad colors, that take in the energy of the world and use it to grow, as well as power their slight luminescence. hranslucent crystals in myriad colors, that take in the energy of the world and use it to grow, as well as power their slight luminescence.
Gilda spreads some minerals and metals to the world, so that the future generations may use them if they learn how to reach them. This creates minor insignificant earthquakes.
The Defender begins creating an afterlife, but there is still much work but no essence to be invested. Unless they want to create special reality affecting changes to the afterlife that is.

Many moons undefined, yet covered in cores. Whilst the world is bombarded constantly with earth, sand and rocks from the doiVRoots, creating interesting light effect on the outside of the planet. It is unclear what effect this bombardment has on the moons and the core though.

Spoiler: Essence (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chevaleresse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fluffle9911 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: kinghtwing64 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Maximum Spin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leonardo8 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stirk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Imic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blackpaladin99 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dgr11897 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Naturegirl1999 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Glass (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 06:28:53 pm by Detoxicated »

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nu Gods - A Ye Gods Clone IC Thread - Tick 2: Essential Living
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2021, 06:53:14 pm »

Oikeon

Oiekon looks fondly at the ecosystem he has created, complex yet sturdy. But his work has just started. He looks at the new creation of the microbe-goddess, the ocean, and he finds it unbearably empty. So much water and no one to inhabit it. That would not do. With a flick of his wrist, he threw his new creation into the saltwaters of the world. Immense beings of titanic proportions, kilometres in lenght with shells as big as mountains. The Leviathans would become nomadic ecosystems, providing the perfect enviroments for innumerable lifeforms. Then he shakes his hands once more, creating all the smaller lifeforms in the sea fishes, crustaceans and the likes, miniature versions of the great titans that find in their oversize ancestors both a refuge and a tomb.

Spoiler: Leviathans
(click to show/hide)

Spend 1 essence to create the Leviathans
Create normal acquatic lifeforms

« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 10:21:01 am by Leonardo8 »

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nu Gods - A Ye Gods Clone IC Thread - Tick 2: Essential Living
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2021, 06:58:24 pm »

Story maker

Story maker looks to his new creations and begins to instruct them
I give the Calvites the gift of written language, that they may record and interpret history. Then I tell them that they are to build a city around the grand crystal to defend it, and that they are to study the knowledge recorded by the crystal, and categorize it.
"To all the Gods, I ask, what form should the magics of this world take?"
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 07:13:47 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9