Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM uhhh 5? King Bubba of Rug!  (Read 14158 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
SPAMKINGDOM uhhh 5? King Bubba of Rug!
« on: September 05, 2021, 03:34:56 am »

You know the drill.

And if you don't: pick the choices below and we shall start a (hopefully) fast-paced dynastic game!

Name: Of the future King of Rug
Name's Trait: Martial, Charismatic, Wise, Healthy, Lucky
Kingdom's Bonus: Happiness, Population, Economy, Army

Spoiler: List of Kings of Rug (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 01:41:40 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM uhhh 5?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 03:48:15 am »

Name:  Bubba
Name's Trait: Martial
Kingdom's Bonus: Population
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 03:49:58 am »

Name:  Bubba
Name's Trait: Martial
Kingdom's Bonus: Population
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 03:59:26 am »

800 NWE*

You are Bubba, the new King of Rug!

This small nation of plains and forests have long suffered at the hands of your uncle-slash-cousin-thrice-removed, who levied high taxes, made his way with peasant maidens, and was generally unpleasant to have around.

So you and your friends rallied those suffering from his rule and while his body is being dumped in a ditch somewhere, you are crowned as a king. Your martial ability allowed you to easily triumph against your late uncle's supporters and militias (not that many of them decided to stand against you).

Kingdom of Rug enjoys a great population of peasants and artisans alike, its cities and settlements being envy of many neighbours for decades.

Here comes the Advisor, an old man who was in charge of state affairs while your uncle did his thing. He brings the fabled Scrolls of Kingdom Status for your perusal.

Happiness: 4
Population: 6
Economy: 4
Army: 4

Those mystical numbers look crazy to you and the Advisor's confusing babbling doesn't help. Oh well!

You will learn as you go, hopefully.

800 NWE, Spring

A minor lordling came to complain, alongside with a pudgy, hairy, dwarf alongside him.

"My liege! This dwarf and his family has been found digging tunnels under the soil of my land in search for ore and gemstones!" The dwarf curses the man in dwarvish, then plants his hands on his waist while staring at you.

"Human aware of human law, yes? Dwarves under, humans above, is the ancient law. Forefathers agreed to it. If he does not dig for metal, then why keep it off our hands?" He scoffs.

You decide to...

A) Forbid the dwarf from mining any further.
B) Forbid the lordling from interfering with work of the people of the underworld.
C) Offer to negotiate between the two, perhaps to establish a sharing of profits?
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM uhhh 5? King Bubba of Rug!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2021, 04:19:19 am »

B) Forbid the lordling from interfering with work of the people of the underworld.

The Dwarves are a noble and honorable folk. It would do us well to have them as friends.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 04:27:58 am »

The Dwarves are a noble and honorable folk. It would do us well to have them as friends.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2021, 05:20:42 am »

You forbid the lordling from interfering with the dwarves' mining underneath the lands.

The nobleman leaves unhappy, the dwarf smiles.

"Good choice, human king." He says rather ominously and also leaves.

800 NWE, Summer

Terrible news! A comet has been sighted in the skies above Rug!

The bright fireball with a tongue of red and gold trailing behind it is so bright it is keeping people awake at night.

Priests of the New Church claim this a bad omen to your ascension, while the commonfolk believe the Old Gods have not been paid a tribute in return for your swift and successful victory over your uncle.

You decide to...

A) Do nothing.
B) Donate to the churches of the New God, asking Him to reverse this bad omen.
C) Deliver tribute upon altar-stones of the Old Gods, asking them for forgiveness.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 05:22:14 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2021, 05:30:10 am »

C) Deliver tribute upon altar-stones of the Old Gods, asking them for forgiveness.

Where was the New Church when we fought our civil war? The commonfolk were responsible for our victory, if not by force of arms, then by their spirits.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2021, 06:00:54 am »

You decide to put money and valuables upon the altar-stones of the Old Gods, and, in presence of the Deer-faces and Water-men and other priests, beg for forgiveness over being so slow in paying for the Gods' providence.

800 NWE, Midsummer

Your tribute was a valid choice! The comet moved away from the near-skies, and within just two weeks, its tiny red spot was undistinguishable from all other stars on the night sky.

800 NWE, Autumn

"You should marry as soon as possible." Says the Advisor while you munch on your night meal.

"Do you know what befalls monarchs who delay marriage and siring of heirs? They follow the footsteps of your distant ancestor, Bep, King of Rushia."

A) "I'm only twenty, I still have time."
B) "Fine then, tell the court I am in need of a wife."
C) "Bep of what?"
SigFlags!

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2021, 07:30:55 am »

Let’s do c.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2021, 08:11:18 am »

C

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2021, 10:02:12 am »

C

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2021, 10:18:42 am »

"Bep of what?"

"Bep of Rushia!" The Advisor scoffs. "Don't you know the tale of Bep of Rushia? Youngsters these days..." The Advisor sighs overy dramatically.

"King Bep of Rushia ascended to the throne at age of fifteen. For thirty years, he has toiled to build a strong economy, foster good ties with some neighbours and conquer some others. Always busy, always doing something, he didn't marry or have a heir for all those thirty years, always saying 'I've still got time!' to the courtiers pestering him about. Finally, nearing his fifties, he decided to think about having a family."

"Did he get one?"

"No, because one faithful day, when munching on his favorite beefnuts, he choked on one and died, leaving Kingdom of Rushia without a leader."

"I never heard of Kingdom of Rushia..."

"Because it got wiped off the maps by late Bep's siblings, uncles, rebellious vassals and scheming enemies, all wanting a piece of the Kingdom for themselves. Do you understand the importance of this story, sire?"

A) "That I've got thirty years of bright future before me!"
B) "That I should get a heir. Fine, tell the court I need a wife, then."
C) "That beefnuts are a dangerous snack and should be forbidden for consumption!"
SigFlags!

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2021, 12:30:09 pm »

C obviously

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2021, 02:20:26 pm »

You outlaw consumption of beefnuts at the palace out of concerns that they might be dangerous to the courtiers' lives!

800 NWE, Winter

Brr! It's exceptionally cold this winter.

Or, its just you, unable to withstand the cold of the snowy months.

What's the best way to warm oneself?

A) By feeding the fireplace a bit more, obviously.
B) By getting a warm body beside me, obviously.
C) By drinking some mulled herb wine, obviously.
D) By stopping to complain so much, obviously!
SigFlags!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23