Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: [IC] SimpFEF: Lunatic Advance  (Read 10965 times)

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] SimpFEF: Lunatic Advance
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2021, 08:08:32 pm »

Valerie moves to H7 and pops a heal on ya boi Hagen, along with activating Creepy Smile on Ynold
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2021, 08:16:28 pm »

Amara to G7, Pull Valerie back
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2021, 07:14:02 pm »

Valerie
Hagen recovers 14 HP
Valerie gains 10 EXP
Creepy Smile actives on Ynold

Enemy Phase
Ynold recovers 5 HP

Ynold attacks Hagen with Ruin
~~Attack 1~~
Ynold attacks! Hit!
Ynold deals 11 damage!

~~Attack 2~~
Hagen attacks! Hit!
Hagen deals 10 damage!

~~Combat End~~
Ynold's Ruin loses 1 durability
Hagen's Saufeder loses 1 durability
Hagen gains 10 EXP

Turn 12
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ally Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy Status (click to show/hide)

Player Phase
Noble Purpose wears off on everyone
Creepy Smile wears off on Ynold
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 10:34:43 am by Takosher »
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2021, 07:29:46 pm »

G8, Javelin go yeet once more.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 07:32:24 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2021, 07:36:27 pm »

Valerie moves to H7 and heals Hagen once again, along with giving Ynold the most menacing smile she can muster.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2021, 12:07:29 am »

Cadence takes another stab at Ynold
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2021, 10:42:04 am »

Astrid vs. Ynold
Astrid's Noble Purpose activates on literally the entire party!

~~Attack 1~~
Astrid attacks! Miss!

~~Combat End~~

Valerie
Hagen recovers 9 HP
Valerie gains 10 EXP
Creepy Smile actives on Ynold

Valerie Levels Up!
HP: 1
Str: 0
Mag: 0
Skl: 0
Spd: 0
Lck: 1
Def: 1
Res: 1

Cadence vs. Ynold
~~Attack 1~~
Cadence attacks! Hit!
Cadence deals 5 damage!

~~Attack 2~~
Ynold attacks! Hit!
Ynold deals 5 damage!

~~Attack 3~~
Cadence attacks! Hit!
Cadence deals 5 damage!

~~Combat End~~
Cadence's Iron Sword loses 2 durability
Ynold's Ruin loses 1 durability
Cadence gains 11 EXP

Cadence Levels Up!
HP: 0
Str: 0
Mag: 0
Skl: 0
Spd: 1
Lck: 0
Def: 0
Res: 0

(OOC: Basically over and IK what KJ will do so...)
Hagen attacks Ynold with Saufeder
~~Attack 1~~
Hagen attacks! Hit!
Hagen deals 10 damage!
Ynold dies!

~~Combat End~~
Hagen's Saufeder loses 1 durability
Hagen gains 73 EXP

Battle Finish
MVP: Cadence

Ynold writhed angrily as Hagen's mighty spear finally brought him low. He'd fought hard, harder than any bandit had a right to. Even in his final breaths he was still fighting. Like seriously this was an angry dude. He refused to give in, cursing his foes even as he heaved unbreathable breaths.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 11:09:39 am by Takosher »
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2021, 11:45:00 am »

"Oh shut up already, you squealing boar." Cadence snarled at the bandit in fluent Enfirian. Her eyes regarded him with the cold disgust befitting a sight of rancid dung as she strode over to where he lay. "This fate is doubtless kinder than what you gave to Alkethi commoners. How many of my people screamed and cursed your name even louder in their final breaths?"

Knowing already that only a fool left a prisoner, even a dying one, with their weapons close by, Cadence kicked his hand axe and hefty tome alike into a far corner of the room well beyond his reach. Her blade, still slick with his own blood, leveled it's tip at Ynold's throat. A completely impractical gesture given he was going to be dead soon regardless, but Cadence didn't seem to care. In her own tongue she addressed the dying mage once more.
"Who are you really, Ynold? You're clearly not just some wayward fool who took up brigandry for the sake of it. You had some status back in Enfir; I can see it on your clothes, your reflexes, hear it in your accent, feel it every time you cast. You used to be something. So why is it I find you here in this border fort, terrorizing my people who have done you no wrong? Or am I correct in suspecting that you are no bandit, but in fact part of the ongoing invasion of Balthar?"
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 03:22:18 am by Stratos »

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2021, 01:19:45 pm »

Ynold

Between coughs, Ynold looked around at Cadence's companions. He seemed to come to a decision about something, meeting Cadence's eyes firmly. "Don't read into it so much, missy. I'm just a greedy dropout." he told her, "I don't know nothin' about any invasion. Me an' my boys were just tryin' ta make it in Renmar, youda done the same. We alls got to care for our own. Ain't no one else that matters."

A peace seemed to come over him and he smiled weakly at Cadence. "Life is perfect, Death is just." he whispered in Enfirian. With those final words, the light escaped his eyes.

Cadence recognized the phrase as the final line of the Reapers' Code. If the origins of Ynold's skills were ever in doubt, that doubt was long past. To know the words was one thing, but to speak them with reverence and peace in his final moments was another. This man, Ynold, was once trained by the Enfirian Reapers.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 19, 2021, 02:00:14 pm »

She was right. Not about the invasion perhaps, but he had indeed been something once upon a time. A dropout, he said... makes sense. She sincerely doubted that as she was now, she could've faced a full-fledged Reaper in single combat and survived. And she had trained for years to hunt mages, so the rest of them would fare even worse, except for perhaps the black armored knight who had rescued her. Come to think of it that woman reminded her quite a bit of the caliber warriors like the Reapers were held to, but for the life of her she couldn't place why. She knew for a fact she'd not been part of the Royal Guard, for she would've heard tales of that woman's service at some point.

"So that's it, eh?" She sighed, wiping her blade clean before sheathing it. Something about her expression softened as she turned away from the body, whispering.
"In the end you were just someone picking up the pieces of a broken dream. I understand that pain. But you are not the one I'm looking for, and duty demands sacrifices of us all..." She shook her head and then glanced at her cousin. "Well Hagen, now that this nasty business is resolved I think it's time we caught up. A word outside, if you would?"

And with that she walked over and vaulted herself back through the same window she'd entered from.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2021, 04:09:34 pm »

Jerking his spear back from the dead bandit, the most dignified way he could think of to remove it from the body at the time, Hagen stepped back giving a nod to his cousin as he flicked the majority of the blood from his spear, and then turned to follow. He briefly looked for a slightly more dignified exit for his armored form before shrugging and pulling himself through as well. The Earl looked Cadence over for a brief moment before smiling at her.
"I see you're doing well for yourself, Cos. How'd you end up getting out here all by yourself?"

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2021, 05:06:21 pm »

"Someone has spirited away an artifact of great importance from the royal vault. Given the measures taken to ensure it's safety, whoever stole it had to be a mage of incredible power, capable of binding deep magic. My father tasked me to investigate given my... expertise. What about you? I know you have to have a reason to be so far from the Duke's realm, but your woman-at-arms wasn't exactly eager to say why. And who is that armored knight accompanying you? I've the feeling she could've slaughtered this entire band of thugs single-handedly."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2021, 05:47:55 pm »

"Mm, I can see why he'd be worried, given the war brewing. Could be an act of early sabotage given the circumstances.... Well, the reason me and my friends are heading through here is bandits were attacking a village we stayed at, so we came to end the threat as it were. The knight is actually one of the villagers, not to mention one of the Regal Knights, Amara the Dauntless!" He pauses for a moment, beaming with pride simply from associating with her before he continues on. "Anyway, I was chosen by Uncle to deliver a message to Balthar offering Alketh's support in their war, which is why we were nearby in the first place. Good thing too since it looks like you were struggling until we met up." If it was someone else, Hagen's words could have been taken as an insult, but the way Hagen said it made it clear he was mostly glad to have found Cadence before she got into real trouble.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2021, 06:15:53 pm »

"Wait, the Amara the Dauntless?!" She wanted to balk at the very idea, but it made far too much sense to be otherwise. Who else but a Regal Knight would possess such an air about them? Recalling herself Cadence shook her head, squinting at the mention of the earlier mishaps.
"Tch, please. Aside from Ynold the rest of them were hardly formidable. I struggled only for my lack of healing supplies- had I even a single Vulnerary I'd have probably cut a path right to him myself. Speaking of, I'm curious, you haven't found any merchants with them in stock on your travels, have you? I've noticed they, along with several other typical sundries, have been suspiciously hard to find ever since news of the war broke..."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2021, 08:16:19 pm »

The other noble nods in response to the outburst as he thinks for a moment before nodding again at his Cousin's query.
"No, but I suppose I wouldn't expect there to be an abundance of them anywhere nearby when hostilities have broken out. The warring kingdoms surely want a stockpile of medical supplies in addition to what they produce on their own.... Not to mention there's likely mercenaries that have caught wind and those who would buy up supplies to profit off of those less fortunate." He frowns with a sigh and a shake of his head before continuing. "Anyway, would you like to come with us back to town Cos?"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15