Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: CYOCGTCG Preparatory School - Core Thread (Day 1: Mad Science Class)  (Read 5963 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOCGTCG Preparatory School - Core Thread (Day 1: Biological Fallacies)
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2021, 05:01:02 pm »

"Go ahead." Looking at it, it appears to be shot from a rather high vantage point, as if from something flying.

"As for the Black Card.. Well, I suppose I can let you in on some of the process."

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOCGTCG Preparatory School - Core Thread (Day 1: Meeting the Gym Teacher)
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2021, 05:12:47 pm »

((Hoping that Darkness NPC shows up again. I love light/dark themes and KH. Can't think of a card at the moment but will come up with one soon.))
((Personally, I've made sure to gather dozens upon dozens upon dozens of images from which to cook up some interesting cards, and that's not even considering the immense largely untapped resource pools I have in the form of Bugsnax, Viva Pinata, and Cookie Run. But like, when in doubt, you can always consider what cards you can make that could be traded with other players))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2021, 05:33:38 pm »

(Viva Piñata is rather old. Though I did watch it as a kid.  :) )

(I also wouldn't send that monster against anyone who couldn't beat it. That much Attack and Hearts is silly. As is a bunch of heartless appearing out of nowhere.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2021, 07:24:02 pm »

((I currently have more than 100 images at the ready for new cards to be made from

Edit: I messaged Blackpaladin a while back, he's responded. Apparently something came up, so he has to drop this game.))
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 08:44:54 pm by Failbird105 »

Fimbulwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2021, 04:06:06 pm »

((I currently have more than 100 images at the ready for new cards to be made from

Edit: I messaged Blackpaladin a while back, he's responded. Apparently something came up, so he has to drop this game.))
((You do card requests?))
NO: roseheart | MAYBE: TamerVirus, Naturegirl1999

Sigtext (PENDING)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2021, 05:07:47 pm »

((You do card requests?))
((Depends what you mean by that? If you want me to toss some ideas to you I've got plenty of frozen treat options. I will however ask that we both do it so we can share them.))
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 09:44:27 pm by Failbird105 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2021, 05:38:52 pm »

If you want to play a game of CYOGTCG in 'free play' mode where you just make an entire deck at the start, you can make a deck and play in this thread:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=178735.0
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2021, 05:44:04 pm »

Card Creation
*Name: Hyperspeed Cheetah
*Image:
*Color: Tan
*Tag(Combat, Facedown, Agile): Agile
I've lost control of my life.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2021, 09:49:15 pm »

((You know, I've been kinda considering like, a grid/hex based turn-based-strategy game, using elements of the CYOGTCG system? I think I'd call it CYOGTTG or CYOGWG. Sorta like that one game Roseheart did a while ago. I feel like the card making mechanics can translate fairly well into unit making.

Also, some deck themes I'm surprised haven't been used yet considering the fucking bottomless lists of options they'd give you:
Pokemon
Digimon
Any Other Existing TCG(MTG, Yugioh, Hearthstone, Shadowverse, all sorts of options)

Or even go broader and do like, entire game companies instead of just individual franchises/series))
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 09:55:15 pm by Failbird105 »

Fimbulwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2021, 10:05:08 pm »

((It's a bad idea for me to play. Consider me non-existent from here on.))
NO: roseheart | MAYBE: TamerVirus, Naturegirl1999

Sigtext (PENDING)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2021, 10:20:54 pm »

((And with that the number of trade options I have grows dramatically smaller))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOCGTCG Preparatory School - Core Thread (Day 1: Art of the Soul)
« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2021, 03:10:05 pm »

After creating your cards, you head to your neck class, Art! Looking around, you don't see your teacher, though there are a number of statues about depicting various cards.

Suddenly, one of the statues moves! "Good day class. I am your teacher Professor Means. Here in this class we will mostly focus on art and the effects it has on card creation. If you would take your seats." Professor Means presses a button and a stautue of of the world turns out to be a holoprojector. He then takes out a pen to write on the projection, somehow..

"Our first lesson will be frames, specifically the use of them to expand upon the artistry of cards." The guy with the full grey beard, hair, and creepy smile/small glasses proceeds to teach the finer details of card art. You manage to pick up about a third of it. You can now create frames to go with pictures.

*Card Creation
*Name:
*Image:
*Frame(optional):
*Color:
*Tag(Combat, Facedown, Agile):

(Fimbulwinter, I would like to slot your character in as a NPC for now, if you don't mind/no one else applies. Lunch comes after this class)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 03:19:54 pm by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 06, 2021, 03:44:42 pm »

Gary, having tried to actually pay attention in class, attempts to get the frame thing done. "From what I gathered, a card frame will not function if it incorporates very dark colors, infringes on the mechanical aspects of the card even slightly, or is 'misleading' in some way. Could you confirm if I am doing this right?"

*Card Creation
*Name: Werewolf
*Image:
*Frame(optional):
*Color: Grey
*Tag(Combat, Facedown, Agile):
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 06, 2021, 04:28:27 pm »

There is a method to use darker colors through the use of a secondary transparent box for the effect and stats. As for mechanical infringement, sometimes cards with frames interfere with the color of a card, which can cause it to fail. This card looks splendid though, have a Gold Star.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2021, 05:45:38 pm »

Lina slurps up the last noodle of her somehow fresh-seeming spaghetti, and a lightbulb seems to go off in her head. An idea.

*Card Creation
*Name: Saucesquatch
*Image:

*Frame(optional):

*Color: #D7BB64
*Tag(Combat, Facedown, Agile): Facedown
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11