Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: CYOCGTCG Preparatory School - Core Thread (Day 1: Mad Science Class)  (Read 5955 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOCGTCG Preparatory School - Core Thread (Day 1: Meeting the Gym Teacher)
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2021, 07:30:46 pm »

It's the first full day of Prep School, and after everyone gets here, a grey robot directs them to a gym. Featuring a swimming pool, numerous workout machines, and a single table for some reason you don't know anything about. Standing behind it is what looks to be a young teenage girl with blonde hair and an unruly spiky white-haired guy.

"Welcome students. I'm Kama Soul, your fitness teacher. I'm to instruct you in the various exercises to get you fit enough for battling monsters if you have to, as well as the high energy workouts the Doctor will put you through at the end of each day. The guy behind me is my partner, who will be working with the males of the class."

"sup."

"First things first, Yagami-san, Shags-san, Doctor Robotnik wants to see you in his lab. Just follow the robot back out. The rest, it's time for lessons."

After a fairly rigorous bit of book study on proper warm up forms, you have time to challenge others to a match. Note you are specifically warned away from the Table. (Except for Gary and Hikari.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2021, 07:37:43 pm »

(Honestly, I don't really think I... want to challenge other players right now? I don't think we're exactly ready for such a thing when we have a total of 4 cards available to us each and one of them can only have 1 copy in the deck.)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2021, 07:37:56 pm »

For a moment Gary thought that his brother Harry might have done something wrong, but after a bit it became apparent that Gary was the one that good doctor Robotnik wanted to speak to.

Seeing no reason to refuse Gary headed to the principal's office.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2021, 07:46:56 pm »

(we can move on to the next class if no one wants to. But it's bedtime for me, so that will be tomorrow Night..)

(And yes, Doctor Robotnik is certainly good : > )

Fimbulwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2021, 08:24:25 pm »

It's the first full day of Prep School, and after everyone gets here, a grey robot directs them to a gym. Featuring a swimming pool, numerous workout machines, and a single table for some reason you don't know anything about. Standing behind it is what looks to be a young teenage girl with blonde hair and an unruly spiky white-haired guy.

"Welcome students. I'm Kama Soul, your fitness teacher. I'm to instruct you in the various exercises to get you fit enough for battling monsters if you have to, as well as the high energy workouts the Doctor will put you through at the end of each day. The guy behind me is my partner, who will be working with the males of the class."

"sup."

"First things first, Yagami-san, Shags-san, Doctor Robotnik wants to see you in his lab. Just follow the robot back out. The rest, it's time for lessons."

After a fairly rigorous bit of book study on proper warm up forms, you have time to challenge others to a match. Note you are specifically warned away from the Table. (Except for Gary and Hikari.)

"I'm not one for gym. Don't like sweating. I'd prefer to go over the game, if you don't mind. Some of us may need a refresher."

Spoiler: Question for TricMagic (click to show/hide)
NO: roseheart | MAYBE: TamerVirus, Naturegirl1999

Sigtext (PENDING)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2021, 09:32:12 pm »

“We might as well see what our decks can do so far, anyone else ready for practice?”

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2021, 09:56:14 pm »

(While I will understand if there are other players who want to duel, yeah I just feel like there aren't enough cards available to the individual players at this moment in time for us to actually do duels right now. While we did technically have less card creation turns in Supernerds game, that game also used the core card system, which meant that everyone had way more cards by Day 2 than they had the chance to make themselves. The fact that one of the 4 cards we've been able to make we can only have 1 copy of means the problem is even worse.)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 10:06:20 pm by Failbird105 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2021, 10:31:18 am »

"sup."

"I'm not one for gym. Don't like sweating. I'd prefer to go over the game, if you don't mind. Some of us may need a refresher."

"I can't particularly help with that, I mostly specialize in combat and physical fitness. If you want a game though, I can oblige." She holds up one of the Doctor's card cases, this one having a scythe on it. "Part of my job is to teach you how to play, so I've got a deck ready for your level of skill made up of some of my cards." Assuming you accept, the battle will take part in Thread 1 while the rest of the day moves forward.

The two of you enter into the Doctor's labortory, where he seems to be watching Gary's fight against the monster.

"Welcome you two. I'm sure you're wondering why I called you here. The answer is quite simple, my drones caught footage of your fight yesterday. Imagine my surprise that Monsters showed up!" The doctor acts suitably shocked. "Of course, I had planned for such an eventuality, but you two didn't need my help at all. Though I also note that you picked up a card they had. If you would trade that in, I have the nessaceery setup to purify it for your uses. And the data I get from it will go to advancing Science."

"If you have any questions, go ahead and ask them. Though note that if you plan to just keep them as trophies, I have a device to store them safely as well."

Docotr Robotnik has offered to take those Black Cards off your hand(s). In return you will obtain a new card of similar effect after a short conversation.

Hikari's smile seems to twitch for a moment, to those watching and obsevant enough. "Sure, go ahead."
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 10:33:03 am by TricMagic »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOCGTCG Preparatory School - Core Thread (Day 1: Biological Fallacies)
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2021, 10:42:46 am »

You are taken to your first class of the day, entering into a terrarium environment of some sort. Following the path, you see a number of desks in a clearing of the plants, your teacher standing there. Having brown spikey hair and a wide grin, he welcomes you in his black lab coat. "Welcome children, I am Doctor Kruosaki, your biology teacher. I know it's not what most people think of when they hear about CYOGTCG, but the study of relations between cards is of extreme import. Now please sit down and we'll start your first lesson of the day."

Today, you learn about Agile cards, those that can attack on the turn they are played. Their weaknesses are a bit scattered, either having average stats, restrictions, low hearts, or a combination of the three. However their power isn't to be underestimated, being able to deal with an enemy card when they least expect it is a pretty powerful force, both in game and in nature.

Learned the Agile Tag. You also get to create a new card.

*Card Creation
*Name:
*Image:
*Color:
*Tag(Combat, Facedown, Agile):
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 04:26:36 pm by TricMagic »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2021, 11:32:39 am »

((Google is probably very confused right now on why I started searching for images of bacteria and puppets))
*Card Creation
*Name: Large Clawed Puppet
*Image:
*Color: Grey
*Tag(Combat, Facedown, Agile): Agile

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2021, 12:15:11 pm »

As Lina travels through the terrarium to the clearing where they would hold class, she began to closely examine the various fruits without a moments hesitation.

*Card Creation
*Name: Pasta Pioneer
*Image:

*Color: Pasta
*Tag(Combat, Facedown, Agile): Agile
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 12:16:46 pm by Failbird105 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2021, 03:53:32 pm »

Gary comments. "Come to think of it, I don't actually know how card trading works. Could you explain that one to me?"

--- Later ---

*Card Creation
*Name: Howl at the Moon
*Image:
*Color: Navy
*Tag(Combat, Facedown, Agile):
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2021, 04:14:23 pm »

Gary comments. "Come to think of it, I don't actually know how card trading works. Could you explain that one to me?"

"Trading cards to another requires they have a compatible theme. Without it the card cannot rest within the Soul, and so it fails. My method of purifying the card is only possible because it is Black in the first place. One could also give over Black cards to others theoretically, regardless of theme, though use of them will degrade one's SOUL. It's one of the dangers Monsters pose to those with more greed than sense. Even just handling them for periods longer than a few days is dangerous. Thankfully they don't force themselves in like the normal cards they use, though those can be Refined into something appropriate with the right training or an overseer."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2021, 04:39:45 pm »

Gary continues. "Next... Honestly I don't think the card I got really suits me even if it is possible to use. Would it be possible for me to trade it to you for some kind of wolf card? Like... Some cool Robot Wolf? Also... Mind if I take a look at that video of me?"

Fimbulwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2021, 04:44:15 pm »

"I can't particularly help with that, I mostly specialize in combat and physical fitness. If you want a game though, I can oblige." She holds up one of the Doctor's card cases, this one having a scythe on it. "Part of my job is to teach you how to play, so I've got a deck ready for your level of skill made up of some of my cards." Assuming you accept, the battle will take part in Thread 1 while the rest of the day moves forward.
"I don't see why not. I have nothing better to do. Let's have a match."

((Hoping that Darkness NPC shows up again. I love light/dark themes and KH. Can't think of a card at the moment but will come up with one soon.))
NO: roseheart | MAYBE: TamerVirus, Naturegirl1999

Sigtext (PENDING)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11