Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: CYOCGTCG Preparatory School - Core Thread (Day 1: Mad Science Class)  (Read 5959 times)

Fimbulwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOCGTCG Preparatory School - Core Thread (School is in Session)
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2021, 02:56:10 pm »

((Bunger, for reference))
((I'm not sure what game this is, but I need it in my life immediately! Whosoever shall useth this theme for thy deck is hereby based, so say we all.
Book of Based - Wintericus 13:9))

((I am not saying that because I'm biased and have my own anthromorphic food setting. Nope, not at all.))
NO: roseheart | MAYBE: TamerVirus, Naturegirl1999

Sigtext (PENDING)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2021, 04:07:28 pm »

*Card Creation
*Name: Gray Wolf
*Image:
*Color: Gray
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2021, 04:24:43 pm »

*Name: Alert Serval
*Image:
*Color: Tan
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2021, 05:02:22 pm »

A number of grey robots bring in lunch. After that comes Math, where you are taught basic numbers. For example, when a card is destroyed before combat resolves, the cards still take damage. This is because damage calculation still happens as part of combat. Likewise 2+3=5, the standard for non-effect 0 star cards, though such are rare for new players.

As newer than new players who's SOULs are still stabilizing, this will be a while. However, you did learn a new Tag. Combat cards trigger their effect through battle. However they are typically much weaker than other cards as a result. (This isn't always the case for higher stars)

*Card Creation
*Name:
*Image:
*Color:
*Tag(Combat):

Grey Wolf and Alert Serval were created. Check your gallery.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 05:04:34 pm by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2021, 05:06:39 pm »

I do not know what you mean by "Check your gallery".
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2021, 05:15:58 pm »

(opps. Did I forget to send the link to anyone else?)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2021, 05:38:36 pm »

Lina eagerly devoured any provided food, her cheeks swelling cartoonishly before the entire plates worth of lunch vanishes in one grand gulp. Then, she looks down at the empty tray and blinks, slumping forward dejectedly.

... until she pries open her backpack, and begins snatching snacks to stuff into her maw as they practically spill out of the bag.

*Name: Scoopy
*Image:

*Color: Neapolitan
*Tag(Combat): Combat
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 06:46:24 pm by Failbird105 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2021, 05:43:05 pm »

At first Harry is amused and titillated by all the little robot servants, lightning up his eyes as wide as could be. Truth be told, he's been gyrating with excitement since class started. Having whipped up his first two cards, he couldn't wait to get stuck in and beat Gary to a pulp play a rousing game!

However, not a few moments after the math lesson begun, those wide eyes of his were doing little more than twirling in circles, smoke billowing out of his head. All while making a dull groaning noise. At least he still managed to create another card. . .

*Card Creation
*Name: Hardycoat Lion
*Image:
*Color: Tan
*Tag(Combat):
I've lost control of my life.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2021, 06:30:39 pm »

Gary fared a bit better at math class. Some time ago, Harry must have mentioned that he doesn't like math, so naturally Gary had to make sure that he was good at it.

Gary asks a question. "Is it possible to subvert a tag to deliberately avoid that specific tag? For example, could you prevent a card from having a combat effect by entering 'Not Combat' in the tag field?"

*Card Creation
*Name: Leader of the Pack
*Image:
*Color: #9c77c9
*Tag(Combat):

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2021, 06:41:46 pm »

Gary fared a bit better at math class. Some time ago, Harry must have mentioned that he doesn't like math, so naturally Gary had to make sure that he was good at it.

Gary asks a question. "Is it possible to subvert a tag to deliberately avoid that specific tag? For example, could you prevent a card from having a combat effect by entering 'Not Combat' in the tag field?"

*Card Creation
*Name: Leader of the Pack
*Image:
*Color: #9c77c9
*Tag(Combat):

"A good question Mister Shags. While it is possible to do so, such is often the province of second year students in generalized schools due to the difficulties in denying a part of the creation process. It's much easier to bring part of creation to the fore than the reverse."

Orbot hovers over to your desk, surprising some.

"If I may ask, what type of card are you trying to make with this?"

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2021, 06:45:52 pm »

Gary Shag responds, hoping that his answer is not a 'wrong' one. "What I am trying for, is a card that will provide a benefit for my other cards in play, or possibly the inverse - one that gains a benefit itself from having other cards in play"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2021, 06:48:56 pm »

Gary Shag responds, hoping that his answer is not a 'wrong' one. "What I am trying for, is a card that will provide a benefit for my other cards in play, or possibly the inverse - one that gains a benefit itself from having other cards in play"
"Well, I am sure that desire will show in the final result. Now do any others have questions?"

Fimbulwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2021, 07:10:51 pm »

- CARD CREATION -

*NAME: Sub-Zero Golem
*IMAGE:
*COLOR: #3f7eb3
*TAG: Combat
NO: roseheart | MAYBE: TamerVirus, Naturegirl1999

Sigtext (PENDING)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2021, 07:21:06 pm »

(That leaves NG. Other cards are now in the Galleries.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2021, 07:22:57 pm »

((You better get used to Bugsnax, because they can easily make up like, an entire goddamn deck on their own, and they perfectly fit the Deck Theme))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11