Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: CYOCGTCG Preparatory School - Core Thread (Day 1: Mad Science Class)  (Read 5946 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOCGTCG Preparatory School - Core Thread (Day 1: Mathematical Assistance)
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2021, 09:11:22 am »

After lunch comes Math. You are brought to a room filled with a number of high-tech computers and gizmos that look like they belong in science class. Your teacher for this class has a evil looking mustache and purple suit, with brown hair.

"Hello everyone, I am Lui Evilwaa, your math teacher, but you call me Mr. Evil. If you would all choose a station, we're get started on your brains. Er, filling them full of numbers."

"As part of teaching you card design, you will find a program with the title, Numbers on your desktop. This technology will help you learn how to alter the numerical value of cards before creation. Meanwhile I'll be walking you through the math behind it." You can now assign Attack and Hearts to a card, up to a max of 5 points assigned. "Some of you may find yourselves in possession of star cards from before. Using this method however will not allow you to create star cards, so keep that in mind. It is possible to assign a value of zero to both, but at least 1 point must go into hearts if you assign an attack value. A value of 5 hearts meanwhile will often create a card with only hearts and nothing else. However this isn't always the case. For example, assigning tags can cause negative mutation of the final card, it's effects becoming a drawback for the effect occurring."

"If you have any questions, I will be glad to assist."

*Card Creation
*Name:
*Image:
*Frame(optional):
*Color:
*Attack(optional): [0-4](Outside of Math/Science Class, the max value is 2)
*Hearts(optional): [0-5](Outside of Math/Science Class, the max value is 3)
*Tag(Combat, Facedown, Agile):
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 11:47:10 am by TricMagic »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2021, 11:00:44 am »

*Card Creation
*Name: Gingerbread Hold
*Image:

*Frame(optional):

*Color: Gingerbread
*Attack(optional): 0
*Hearts(optional): 5

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2021, 04:11:28 pm »

Gary considers the Mr. Evil's lesson... It sounded as though assigning points to a card would prevent it from having a Star cost. This didn't seem like it was necessarily a bad thing.

*Card Creation
*Name: Pouncing Grey Wolf
*Image:
*Frame(optional):
*Color: Grey
*Attack(optional): 4
*Hearts(optional): 1
*Tag: Combat
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2021, 02:52:08 pm »

((Have you pinged the two late-responders yet Tric?))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2021, 05:40:13 pm »

(You don't have to take this guff you know. Its okay to proceed to the next class without them after three whole days.)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2021, 06:29:33 am »

(( Sorry about being continuously late recently. I've been consistently lacking time and drive as of late. My activity here has plummeted. It would be best if I don't hold you folks back any longer. Hopefully I can fit the forum back into my schedule in the future. ))
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2021, 07:47:55 am »

Anyone interested in this game for the replaced slot? (Kinda figured it would be something like that Unraveller, may you be blessed in free time and drive.)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2021, 06:51:09 pm »

So... Got an ETA on the next update?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2021, 12:28:17 pm »

(Can't really run the game well with only two players. I'll poke NG one last time.)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2021, 04:00:48 pm »

Sure you can. In fact, that's what I did at the start of the original CYOGTCG RPG!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2021, 04:09:56 pm »

Kind of an issue trimming down the number of characters though. (Removing X and Hikari is a no-go, but I was looking forward to Miles playing. And then there is Jack. I got too many plot threads going.)

Anyone want to play 'guess the character' for your teachers in the meantime? And inspiration for the NPC Students, though two of them are very obvious.

I'll give NG till Friday at the latest. Or if she posts in Unraveller's game but not this one. After that I'll start cutting threads.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2021, 02:34:49 pm »

Its Friday.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOCGTCG Preparatory School - Core Thread (Day 1: Mad Science Class)
« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2021, 03:04:54 pm »

(That it is. No NG in sight. Which means trimming things down some.)

With that done, Mr. Evil tells you all to wait a bit for your next teacher. You can spend some time on the internet in the meantime.

Shortly thereafter, Dr. Robotnik bursts into the classroom. "Welcome all, to Science! I'll be your teacher into the intricacies of the modern era."

"Of course, time is short today. I've been informed of a few issues going on around town, so make sure you head home with someone. Apparently there are monster attacks occurring regularly during the evening hours. So for now I'll simply guide you through the process of creating some cards that will help you out. As you learned last class, you can assign a number of points to a card. In this one, I will be aiding you in assigning a star value to them. Star Cards normally receive an extra 4 points for each star. As an example,"

"This card has the maximum value for normal cards. Quite bulky with a touch of attack. You can also choose to assign 0 points to attack and hearts to create a Spell card, with powerful effects."

"Now, I'm sure you're ready to make your first star card. Intentionally that is. Think carefully on what you create."

*Card Creation
*Name:
*Image:
*Frame(optional):
*Color:
*Stars(optional): [0-2] (Outside of Math/Science Class, the max value is 1)
*Attack(optional): [0-4](Outside of Math/Science Class, the max value is 2)
*Hearts(optional): [0-5](Outside of Math/Science Class, the max value is 3)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 24, 2021, 03:57:43 pm »

Lina felt like it sounded silly to make cards that costed stars when you don't have a way to gain stars, so she decided that, even though it might mean her cards are weaker for now, she'll put that off for a bit. Instead.

*Card Creation
*Name: Star Sprinkles
*Image:

*Frame(optional):
*Color: Light Blue
*Stars(optional): 0
*Hearts(optional): 0

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 24, 2021, 04:08:28 pm »

Gary found that he was much more interested in having a method of preventing a card from costing stars than actually making cards cost stars.

*Card Creation
*Name: Wolf Lair
*Image:
*Frame(optional):
*Color: Green
*Stars(optional): 0
*Hearts(optional): 3
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11