Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: The Galaxy of Gray: An exploratory scifi RTD game (10/10) (Turn 3)  (Read 2855 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile

Hello, and welcome to my new game. This ones a bit unorthodox. It contains an entirely explorable, procedurally generated galaxy, with unique stars and planets included. Each of them are special, and I have myself generated each of them using my very own generator. It is a bit simplistic and cartoonish, but whatever.

This is a scifi-fantasy strategy/RTD game, where each one of you play as hyperadvanced A.I of prefereed origin and features that seek to establish themselves as the most prominent one. You may fight, ally, or isolate, its all your choosing.

You will have 6 action points each round that you can use to make whatever you wish, will it be ordering your robots to open new mines, constructing a planetary shipyard with those resources, or mass-scale terraform an entire planet.  It is all up to you.

While mundane things, such as moving units, scouting, or communicating are free,  things like constuctions, attacks, and resource gatherings are not. Each of them will cost you one point. Your success will be determined by a 10 sided success dice, which can be gradually boosted +1 by researching, using 2 points, with the bonus coming in the next same round. The success of research can also be boosted by researching exactly on itself. Research has limits though, as each specific thing can be researched 5 times before it can’t be improved anymore.

It can also be influenced by the environment, planets conditions for example.

Some actions may be impossible. Such as trying to move from one star system or cluster to another without the necessary technology.

There is a strict 10 player cap, as there are only 10 starter planets, each altered from their original states by me to allow the players an acceptable start, as some planets have been generated to be totally garbage in comparison to others. But they are not cardboard copies, so some of you may have it a bit harder than others. Nothing serious though, I made sure of that.

The game will start when there are 10 players. When you join, post a random number from 1-1000. This way I can randomly choose which players gets a particular starter world.

The planets and moons are the main focus, so there are no asteroid belts, and stars are just things that give various amounts of light, and their type has no correlation with a planets climate. Planets are also like the ones in Spore or Astroneer. They are quite small, and do not have that much diversity in them. But they do have actual surfaces which I will map in text. They are no simple icons. 

You all start in resource rich, habitable planets of varying, but not extreme attributes, with a single unit of general purpose drones, along with some mining and industrial resources and the single-use colony ship you came with and its inbuilt powercore.

Please do not meta-game, as it will ruin the immersion. But you are free to use espionage to spy on others by ingame means.

You may begin with your own names. Oh, and you can name any planets, moons and systems other players haven't named anything you want, as long as it is within reason and decency.

Join in now, while you can, for there is no such thing as late joining in this game.

Begin!

The List of Turns
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 01:47:38 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: The Galaxy of Gray: An exploratory scifi RTD game (0/10)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 01:24:07 pm »

I guess I'll join. The random number I generated is 367.56
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: The Galaxy of Gray: An exploratory scifi RTD game (0/10)
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 01:26:56 pm »

AI name: Dominus
Start location seed: 18.72717
Homeworld name: DTRX-18-01
Text Color: cornflowerblue
it's over

ghost armor 1337

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Galaxy of Gray: An exploratory scifi RTD game (2/10)
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 10:52:16 pm »

Joning...
AI designation: Durandal
Start location Seed: 741
Text colour: GREEN

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 11:20:34 pm »

Machirétis. 295.61. Bio-Converged Machine.
#B7950B This is the true face of evolution.
I've lost control of my life.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2021, 01:01:57 am »

Name: Factotum v2.3
Random number: 815

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2021, 01:09:12 am »

Google

Random number: 1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2021, 01:20:45 am »

Name: Penrose
Random Number 541.311

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2021, 01:34:06 am »

Initializing...

XIPHOS
▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒ Hybrid biO-coprocessor System.
=================================================
Starting thaw of 100~T neurons...
Estimated time since entering hibernation: 1 386 975 cycles.
Aproximate location: 903.48

Setting console color: DodgerBlue

>
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2021, 03:00:14 am »

Name: El Diablo
Random Number: 666.666
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2021, 03:45:52 am »

sure

name: Agrulicka
type: rogue servitors

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Galaxy of Gray: An exploratory scifi RTD game (10/10)
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2021, 04:54:03 am »

...And that is 10 players indeed! The frist turn report will be coming soon that will be you landing on your starter worlds.

So, the names and given information of the players are;

1) Supernerd | Seed: 367
2) Dominus | (0cra_Tr0per) | Seed: 18
3) Durandal | (ghost armor 1337) | Seed: 741
4) Machirétis | (Unraveller) | Seed: 295
5) Factotum v2.3 | (RulerOfNothing) | Seed: 815
6) Google | (Maximum Spin) | Seed: 1
7) Penrose | (Devastator) | Seed: 541
8 ) XIPHOS | (Strik3r) | Seed: 903
9) El Diablo | (King Zultan) | Seed: 666
10) Agrulicka | (Egan_BW) | Seed: 69

I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Galaxy of Gray: An exploratory scifi RTD game (10/10)
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2021, 12:55:06 pm »

Okay, the first turn is here, you will each get your small introduction to your starter planets.

Google

Your ship lands in an high, spindly pillar-like rock formation, lifeless itself due to its sheer altitude, surrounded by an almost impenetrable forest of extremely tall, black strands that vaguely resemble plants, weakly glimmering from the single red dwarf that this planet orbits, only disturbed by the volcanoes and active, sluggish lava flows that glow a bright fiery red. You landed here due to the sheer untameness of the common ground. The light is dim, even though it is still afternoon. The sky is only somehow distinguishable from the blackness of space, while stars take the advantage of the weak sun to fill the moonless sky all by themselves. Yet you sense gentle, warm breeze, even at this altitude, carrying humidity, and sounds of the unknown fauna that calls this planet home, as they float and fly through the jungle, exploiting the very low gravity.

Name: GGT-1-c

Description: A large, yet extremely low-density planet orbiting a monoary an M-type star. It has a thin, yet very humid atmosphere that contains the majority of the planets water content. The planet is extremely geologically active, lava flows and volcanoes are a common sight, yet explosions of any degree are rare as the gravity too low to cause geological activity of its own. Its entire surface, from the equator to the poles is covered in a jungle of black, leathery plants.

Details: It has no moons or rings, and shares the system with other two other planets.

Dominus

You effortlessly land on a field of coarse sandy soil, dotted with all kinds of thinly built, sickly black plants that look like solid shadows. The sky is pitch black, with the stars and the galaxy muffled out from the dense air, yet still discernable, along with three adjacent balls of light that barely break through the thick air with their distinct, weak and reddish glow, their closeby appearance suggest them to being three moons. It must be night, about midnight. Lanky, yet mostly landbound fauna of all kinds prod and scratch around the colony ships metal hull, investigating the strange object that broke any and all moods. The vague outlines of several mountain ranges can be spotted along the horizon. There does not seem to be any source of light aside from your outward cameras and the bioluminecant markings of some animals and plants.

Name: DTRX-18-01

Description: Low gravity desert world of average size. It has a dense, obscuring atmosphere. Water is scarce, only found in the atmosohere or in small hypersaline lakes across the atacama-like desert. Planet is geologically inactive, no signs of recent volcanic activity is present, yet the earth may still quake weakly. Ancient mountain ranges can be found randomly rising from the desert, rounded and smoothened by the eons of wind erosion. They have different conditions than the surrounding global desert, featuring dry mountain savannas.

Details: It does not have any rings, but has three moons on its orbit. It shares the system with three other planets.

Agrulicka

A hazy, extremely humid air welcomes you as your colony ship land on the only suitable landing spot you could find in your decent, not excepting the planets condition. A small, rocky shallow that reaches just below of the surface of the global ocean. It is just saltwater, large and slow waves and partially cloudy blue sky as far as your many camera eyes can see. You already see the first form of life in this underwater world, a mat dark brown algea covers the rocks you just landed on. Aquatic fauna of all shapes, creeds and sizes are already starting to calm down from your landing, and are on back on their bussiness, some flying ones have even landed on your ship. Two red dwarf stars glimmer on the upper horizon, signalling that it is morning, along with the bluey outline of a wide, shiny metallic rings that rise and decend from the horizon, to the south.

Name: MQA-65-a

Description: An almost completely submerged, habitable planet teeming with organic life. It is very large, yet it is composed of very light minerals, so it has a lower amount of gravity than it would have been assumed to have. It is geologically stable, meaning that it is moderately active. Seafloor is reachable and varies in depth, ranging from shallows to being abyssal ocean floor. Atmosphere is rather erratic and unstable, weather may turn violent, and cyclons and typhoons are common around the equator. Planet does have some isolated volcanic island chains, but they are not of large significance.

Details: Planet has wide and prominent rings, and has a single moon on orbit. It shares the system with three other planets.

Machirétis

You land on a forest clearing, among dark green trees that stretch and elongate in the low gravity, their leaves and branches softly lit by an orange dwarf star. The environment is filled with the calls of fauna as they inspect the ship, and leave as the please. The air is familiarly comfortable, and allows easy observation by sight. A small stream flows nearby, and a a herd of bipedal herbivores graze absentmindedly in the distance. A high mountain rises where the stream comes from, and the river stretches and dissapears into the horizon.

Name: OUB-91-b

Description: A planet dominated by temperate forests of large, broadleaf trees, dotted and intersected by rivers, lakes, and high mountains with snowy peaks. Planet is geologically stable and balanced, so earthquakes and volcanoes are expected. It is a small planet, with low gravity. It orbits an K-type star.

Details: It neither has rings or moons, and shares the system with 4 other planets.

Supernerd

The very strong surface gravity of the planet pulls you makes your landing very hard, and you had to manuever alot to not tip over. But at last you reached to the ground unharmed. The sight that is before your eyes is rather dull and depressing. An empty, thin and starless pale blue atmosphere that reaches over an uniform, lime flatland covered with an endless looking bright lime colored mat of coral like plants and carpet-like animals. Not one, not two, but three stars, all of them being orange dwarf stars form a equilateral triangle in the sky, shining brighter on the vast plains than a yellow dwarf through their shared brightness. Fauna crawl around the ship, not comprehending the happenings around. them.

Name: SSS-27-b

Description: A rather small, but very high gravity world covered in mirror flat seas and corally ''grasslands''. It is geologically active, earthquakes are rare, but can be devastating, but volcanoes are nonexistant due to strong gravity preventing magma from even rising. It orbits a trinary system of three K-type stars, which added together give a rather strong light.

Details: It does not have any moons or rings, it shares the system with one other planet and its three moons.

Penrose

Where you land is somewhere cold, very cold. Even though the sun here is a large white star, everywhere you look is all but giant icebergs and piles of snow, only interruptes by the magneta and purple weeds, reeds and bushes, and a pack of large, blubbery fauna that are passing by, occompanied by these small fuzzy critters that stick to their fur to presumably stay warm. Two moons loom over the horizon, adding to the otherworldly ambience. Winds are rather strong here, you can feel it from your ships outer hull. It is exactly noon, and the ice and snow glimmer strongly under the pure white light.

Name: SSS-505-b

Description: A large, but low gravity, frigid planet covered in ice and snow, orbiting around an A type star. It has a moderately thick atmosphere. It is geologically inactive, not even earthquakes have much of an impact due to the ice sheet absorbing the shock. Volcanism is nonexistent. Animal and plant life are limited, but resilient. Purple and magenta plants form small collective growths all around the snowy flatlands. The omnipresent glaciers and snow flats turn into a thin belt of wet tundra around the equator.

Details: It has two moons and no rings. It shares the system with 4 others.

El Diablo

You find yourself in somewhere warm.  A calm shoreline of soft sand, separating a serene, cyan sea from a wide open field of stout grass that is dotted with squat, thick bodied trees. It is lit dimly, but comfortably from the binary pair of red dwarf stars. The sky also houses three other bodies, two just like the one you stand, the other is larger, a planet. You realise that you are on a habitable moon. The planet looks grey and lifeless, with a orange tint to it, likely a very thin atmosphere. A herd of large, decapodal animals with pillarlike legs and large mandibles can be seen eating from one of the trees.

Name: TFO-5-a2

Description: A large moon with a high amount of surface gravity. Most of its surface is covered in open savanna, tropical dry forests and shrublands, along with inland seas and rivers. It is geologically stable, but its surface is mostly uniform in height. There is a belt of desert around the equator, and forests are concentrated in polar regions.

Details: It is a moon, so it neither has moons nor a ring system. It shares the system with many planets and moons, about 15.

Durandal

You land on a freshly cooled basalt flat, illuminated by the dim light of a single red dwarf that is somehow even dimmer and almost twilight, bordered by pretty weird looking trees, that lack branches and instead are more like very woody bamboo with a single bundle of leaves at its top, like a palm tree. As you take the environment in, a rumble makes itself heard, and you see a volcano overflow a bit, starting a fire. You ignore that and inspect the sky. A thin, greyish blue sky, constantly polluted by the ashes from the planets many volcanoes that dot its surface with fiery reds, oranges and yellows. Some flying creatures take flight from among the trees, landing on top of you to satisfy their curiosity.

Name: TFO-8-h

Description: A very volcanic planet covered in volcanoes, basalt flats, and forests of rapid growing vegetation. These conditions are global, with no significant changes anywhere on the planet. Planet only has semipermanent sources of water, such as small lakes and puddles, and the rare rainfall. The animal life is rather rash and agressive, as they have evolved on world that is inherently hostile. The planets geological formations are erratic, but can be all summarised together as tracherious and mountainous.

Details: It has no moons or rings. It is the furthest from its star, among 7 others.

Factotum v2.3

You land onto one of the only places on the planet that is constant, the south polar region that houses a hypersaline sea. You land onto the shores of this sea, that are actually very large salt flats. Most of this planet is covered in searing hot sand dunes that rapidly shift with the everraging scorching wind, under a pure white star that shines on the sand and makes it glimmer. Only vegetation that can be found is small, cooksonia like blue plants that grow around the southern seas neighboring salt flats. You look around to see small hexapodal insects hopping around the growths of these plants, with a reptilian, snake-like creature eating them. A thin, far-stretched ring can be seen going almost parallel with the horizon.

Name: YUF-69-b

Description: A very hot, dune planet with little stable ground. Wind roams free and the sand shifts as the it pleases. It orbits an A type star. Only place with any form of ground permanence is the southern salt flats and the hypersaline, lifeless sea that covers much of it. This sea and the surrounding area is also the only place that macroscopic lifeforms can inhabit.

Details: It has no moons, but has a large, but thin ring around it.

XIPHOS

A tiny, clearly young volcanic island greets you from your decent, surrounded by many others, some erupting still. You take a look at the sky, realising that you are on a moon of a lifeless, grey planet with an equally grey, yet beatiful and wide rings. The closer one out of the two, as an another closeby sphere makes itself seen at the other side of the ashen horizon. It glimmers as it is out of cold ice in near vacuum. Sea is churning and the ground is still shaky. Yet you are sure from your observations that the island you are on is a dead volcano. Some gliding pentapodal creatures can be seen moving above the sea surface in a group but you can't see the seafloor from here.

Name: ZAD-708-c1

Description: A very geologically active oceanic moon filled with islands, archipelagos, and even entire microcontinents of volcanic origin. The atmosphere is always a bit hazy from the ash even though the atmospheric density is Terran-Average. It is rather small in size, but the gravitational effects of this is nullified by its mass and density. The planet is warm all around and in some places even quite balmy, and established landmasses house tropical rainforests and beatiful beaches.

Details: It is a moon, so it does not have any moons or rings.

(Sorry, accidentally presses ''Post'' instead of ''Preview''. Come back later.)

(Okay, it is done. You can all take a look at your planets now. Some of you may have started rougher than others, but none of the planets are impossible. You can trust me on that. They are even better than most others in some aspects.)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 02:37:45 pm by Magmacube_tr »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: The Galaxy of Gray: An exploratory scifi RTD game (10/10) (Turn 1)
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2021, 03:34:21 pm »

Argulicka organizational system. Beginning overcycle.

Observation: abundant life of all forms. Will prove useful for further research.
Observation: environment is hostile to terrestrial organics.
Conjecture: submarine fauna are hypothesized to be unlikely to found civilization due to limits of the submerged environment. continue to monitor.

|   Build automated luxury cruise ship to keep organic sapients safe, happy, and contained.
||| Build 3x drone naval destroyer as escort to above.
||  Research researching organics.

>   All units remain stationary. Scan for possible threats.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 05:55:08 pm by Egan_BW »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: The Galaxy of Gray: An exploratory scifi RTD game (10/10) (Turn 1)
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2021, 04:05:51 pm »

XIPHOS
▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒ Hybrid biO-coprocessor System.
=================================================
STDOUT:

Initial planetary analysis complete; planetside conditions appear to be HIGHLY FAVORABLE.
Planetary body may favor:
Large-scale DEUTERIUM harvesting.
GEOTHERMAL energy generation.
BIOTECHNOLOGY research.

Further analysis required.
Resource and planet overview:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Allocating tasks...
Task slots available:|▌▌▌▌▌▌|(6)|

Allocated tasks:
ALLOC(#)TASKDESCRIPTION
========================================================================
▌▌(2)RESEARCHResearching construction
(1)BUILDGeothermal powerplant on volcanically active island
(1)BUILDMining facilities on volcanically active island
(1)BUILDManufacturing facility
(1)MANUFACTUREDrones
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 09:09:11 am by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5