Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 49

Author Topic: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 2: Gladly, Keiko Kuroda Seeks Vengeance  (Read 37294 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 1: The Melancholy of Momo Mitsui
« Reply #330 on: October 20, 2021, 06:36:46 pm »

(Whole lotta delayed reactions cause I wasn't around)
"That's... actually really cool. Ya think I could spy in on one of your meditation sessions in the future? It might help to have a set of eyes who's knowledgeable in mahou energies to make the process of figuring out the armor quicker."
"...Unfortunately we will have to pass on the offer. We barely know each other, and it should be no surprise that we had to deal with folks hoping to 'help' us before just because of our armor."
"...And with the intent of stealing said armor."
"Now's really not a good time for games Miyako, especially given our current situation." His eyes drift towards Rin as he says that. Still can't believe how calm she is. Two assassination attempts and bring dragged into a rebellion, Traxesa would've been shaken just after one before he became a mercenary. He turned his head back to Nullstar, "Either way, we just got a sense that the Rabbit is close by. However, if the rumors of where she went after escaping are true she shouldn't be an enemy."
"...Rabbit? Another cursed wandering around? We can't tell if this we should feel lucky or unlucky meeting so many cursed after only hearing stories about them."
Before he could ask anything, he felt the carriage suddenly stopping, making him raise an eyebrow. He couldn't tell what was going on the carriage ahead of us, but it was safe to assume it was related to their current topic.
"Well then, it seems our special guest is here..."
For the time being, he just inclined his body just enough to be able to hear that conversation instead of bothering to stand up and see who was the new cursed. There would be time for introductions later. With them eventually reaching their destination, Nullstar pretty much leaps from his seat to set himself free from that darn carriage.
"...Finally. It felt too cramped there."
Nullstar turned his attention to the figure introducing himself, giving a brief nod in response.
"Nullstar, we are pleased to meet you."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 20, 2021, 07:20:57 pm »

Daisuke disembarks, offering a hand to the others in his wagon after a quick bow to the (unbeknownst to him) Snake cursed. He still didn't have much to say, but that was mostly because he was looking around curiously, particularly at the soldiers that were presumably training.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 20, 2021, 07:31:22 pm »

"...Unfortunately we will have to pass on the offer. We barely know each other, and it should be no surprise that we had to deal with folks hoping to 'help' us before just because of our armor."
"...And with the intent of stealing said armor."

The lad jumps back after hearing that, "A-ah sorry, I didn't mean to impose! Just to make sure, I have no intention of wanting to steal your armor. If anything, I thought doing a bit of research on it might help craft a new method to better control a cursed's transforming problem." He settles down, drooping a bit, "Either way, its understandable that you don't feel comfortable yet. If you ever change your mind though, I'll be here."

Meanwhile, Traxesa and the Kaneko twins suddenly realise something is going on. Specifically, their Gnoses are pulsing gently, as if sensing something nearby.

The boy wasn't quite sure how to react to Momo's shenanigans, but one thing did catch his attention. Looking down, he gently plucked out his his Gnosis from his shirt and examined it in his hand. "Hmmm..." Traxesa didn’t quite know what to make of it. He’s never seen his Gnosis act like this, even when resonating with a burst of the same element. Foreboding to say the least.

"You told them I was the funny guy?" Kazuki looks at Traxesa with slight concern, then lets out a laugh.

The boy was startled back into the conversation. "AH!- ha ha ha... Y-yea! You're the funny guy alright! Heh heh heh..." The boy has a hard time remembering if he did ever tell her that.

When the cart had finally arrived at their destination and everyone was getting off, Traxesa leaned in subtly towards Kazuki's ear and whispers to him. "Keep an extra close eye on Rin. My gnosis was acting strange earlier and I’m not quite sure what it means. I don’t think I can be good though so keep your client safe." With that, the boy kept to the side of Kazuki when they exited the cart. Keeping silent for the most part as well as keeping tabs on the surrounding area. Just in case tm.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 07:54:45 pm by Aurorix »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #333 on: October 20, 2021, 07:39:43 pm »

Madoka bowed to their host after disembarking, but elected to keep her words to herself to the moment.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 20, 2021, 07:43:28 pm »

"...Hm." Kazuki lowered his eyes at Traxesa's whisper, but gave a swift nod. "Gotcha." He was sure to stick close to Rin afterward— if Traxesa was going to tip him off, he was not going to squander that knowledge.

"Ohara Kazuki, nice to meet ya and thanks for the hospitality," Kazuki kept his introductions brief. He was going to stay on alert— try not to be too suspicious, but at least be cautious about the whole thing. He kept an eye on Rin and made absolutely sure that she stayed in his sight range if he had to look away (such as to introduce himself); no blind spots allowed.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 07:26:04 am by RedMageCole »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 20, 2021, 07:51:43 pm »

"Thank you for understanding our reason. We would rather not give you the details, but we are very cautious when folks offer or suggest things related to our armor."
"We are sure you will eventually find something to help you with your research."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Prologue: Yusuke Yamada Gains His Freedom
« Reply #336 on: October 21, 2021, 12:52:32 am »

"Nice to see you again, Kensuke."

Miyako hung back, allowing her new friends and acquaintances to greet Kensuke. She could break decorum soon and get to the point, but she knew how important first impressions were for him.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 21, 2021, 03:01:32 am »

Kaori offered a fairly stiff bow to Kensuke, a little overwhelmed by all the Big Important People she was meeting today.
"It's, um, very nice to meet you, sir. My name is Tsunomaki Kaori. Um, thank you for your hospitality?" There was a certain upward tilt in her voice, as though she wasn't entirely certain how to properly address all these Big Important Clan People but also found it a little too awkward to ask.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 04:58:25 am by ctsun »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 21, 2021, 08:27:36 am »

Kensuke has a light smile.
"To those of you I have yet to meet, it is good to meet you. Miyako, it's nice to see you again. As it is for me to see you, Setsurou, Taiga. It's been a while. My father sends his regrets he could not liberate everyone when he came for me."

"As I live and breathe! The Twice-Dead and the Unscarred Blade!"
The old man training the soldiers stops for a moment, heading towards the party with a loud, boisterous cry.
"Uncle Hiro. I didn't expect you to stop training for visitors."
"Nonsense. With such esteemed visitors, I couldn't help but come and talk. Kubo....so they do still make them like they used to. And you...the Unscarred Blade, right? Though....you don't look unscarred."
His finger is pointing at Todoroki, who lifts the eyebrow on his remaining eye.
"Not me. Her."
He points to Madoka. The old man laughs.
"My apologies, how rude of me! Hahaha! They make them different now, too! No matter, I'm sure your friend is an excellent warrior! I should want to duel her, to test her skills for myself! Hah, I should introduce myself."
He makes a sweeping bow.
"I am the Thunder Lance! The Defender of Miyashita Pass! The Great Bull of Amatsu! But....you may call me Hiroyuki Honda."

Momo, meanwhile, whispers to Miyako.
"Now, do you get it?"

Despite identifying himself as Hiroyuki Honda, being of the same age and former career, there is something missing.

Specifically, the Cursed cannot feel a connection to Hiroyuki. The same connection that binds all of the Cursed does not seem to be present here. The sense that would normally identify which of the Cursed he is isn't present here.

Whoever Hiroyuki Honda is, he is not the Cursed Ox.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 08:29:57 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 21, 2021, 10:07:33 am »

Being a newcomer to this group of Cursed, Kaori instead shoots a meaningful glance towards Momo and Miyako. Was there something wrong? No doubt, Sir Honda is very impressive but was there something else she was supposed to 'get'? Kaori pursed her lips a little but kept silent. There was far too much about all this she didn't know. Not yet.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 21, 2021, 02:03:25 pm »

Miyako whispered back to Momo.

"I get it. What do you think; imposter or cured? I wouldn't dare hope, but I guess we'll see if he's the real deal if he duels Madoka."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #341 on: October 21, 2021, 02:30:52 pm »

"Horiuchi Madoka," she replied, doing her best to hide her irritation at being confused with Todoroki. Again. "We could duel now."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 21, 2021, 02:41:16 pm »

Hiroyuki sizes up Madoka. The impressed look on his face gives way to an excited look, not that this is apparent given most of his face is taken up by impressive facial hair.
"As a young man, I trained Todayama men, Kiryu men, even Tokiwa Sarutobi himself. My last student before I retired ten years ago was a young woman. Todayama Tomoe, heiress to the Todayama. You remind me of her a little. Both of you had steel. Both of you had potential."

He twirls his spear, propping it up next to his foot with practiced ease. The Kamisato men form a half circle around Madoka and Hiroyuki, without hostility and with great interest; they hadn't seen the old man this fired up since he arrived.
"In my time away from the army, I have only heard of six people I had wished to test my skill against. The Dragon of Tokiwa. The Dawnfire Blade, which as I remember it now, must be your companion. A pleasure to meet you, Todoroki. The Twice Dead Man. The Unscarred Blade- you. The Jadeite Sword. And the Empress herself."

He steps into a fighting pose, lance at the ready. Hiroyuki's geniality is still there, but with the underlying steel expected of a former Imperial general.

"I accept your challenge, Horiuchi Madoka, as the Great Bull of Amatsu. To first blood we go. Are you ready to show your skills to an old man?"
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 02:44:05 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 21, 2021, 02:53:55 pm »

Miyako set herself in a spot where she could observe the duel intently. There would be much to learn from a match between two masters, and even if there wasn't, this was a chance to learn if Hiroyuki, or at least the person claiming to be him, was truly a master of battle. She hadn't seen Madoka's style very closely either, though the flashes she saw back in Kamihama spoke of high skill.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #344 on: October 21, 2021, 02:56:59 pm »

Madoka inclined her head in a slow nod, stepping up to more properly face Hiroyuki. She moved into a ready stance, partially crouched with both hands ready at her sword. The diminutive swordswoman was nearly motionless as she observed her opponent, letting the world outside him and his weapon fall away. He had the reach advantage and more than a little experience on her; rushing him recklessly would get her a swift loss. No, best to force him to come off the defensive, where his polearm was strong. Thus, she waited, tension wrapped up in every muscle in her body and yearning to be unleashed.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 49