Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49

Author Topic: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 2: Gladly, Keiko Kuroda Seeks Vengeance  (Read 37227 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Setsurou hid Rin's note away inside his gauntlet quickly.

"Let's go. I have something to discuss with you soon, Yusuke."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Todoroki reluctantly stands up.
"We done already? Sheesh. Alright. Well, I'm kinda beat anyway. We ready?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And so, after the awkwardness of dinner, Lord Kiyomaru dismisses the dinner guests, Todoroki looking slightly annoyed but shrugging it off as everyone prepares to go to their rooms.

Yusuke and Rin seem to be waiting by the stairs for Setsurou, Yusuke with arms folded and Rin looking around.

As the others prepare, however, Tomoe approaches the group.
"Do you have a moment?"

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile

Well, dinner seemed a dud so she may as well head to her room and have a good night's sleep. Not to mention a convenient place to change back.

Well, that was until Tomoe decided to approach them.

"Yes? Um, is something the matter?"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Miyako was a little sad the dinner went so poorly. Lord Kiyomaru clearly thought it should have been fine, and Miyako couldn't really blame him for an honest attempt.

"Of course, Tomoe. I presume this is about either the lord of the house, or maybe Keiko?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Madoka nodded, then glanced at Todoroki.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Figuring Miyako and Madoka had Tomoe's concerns in hand, Setsurou went over to Yusuke and Rin.

"Let's go investigate."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tomoe
Tomoe nods.
"Something has been bothering me since we went in here. Tanjiro and Yukiko were with us before we went in here, but we haven't seen them for hours."

"I would be inclined to suggest they'd gone to tell the Empress of our location, but....if you trust Todayama, then I won't. Still...."
Keiko looks around.

"Something is off. Those wards I had in that room we were in earlier were being eaten away by some force or other. I had the opportunity to check. Whatever is in this house has the power to rip at Mahou."

"Kuroda, what are you saying?"

"There are only three types of beings that can get rid of magical wards that quickly. A Gnosis wielder. I do sense one that isn't among us....but I don't think it was them. Another mahoutsukai, but that seems unlikely. Both of those would leave detectible traces of elemental energy or Mahou in the air."

Keiko pauses, letting the house servants pass them without speaking. When she's sure they were out of earshot, she continues.

"The third possibility; there is a Shiryo somewhere in this house, hunting us."

Rin and Yusuke
As Setsurou approaches, he sees Rin and Yusuke talking briefly.
"Yamada, are you sure you want to come with us?"
"Yeah. Something's been bugging me about this place."

Setsurou approaches them, and Rin and Yusuke turn to him.
"Tsoubouchi, I think....we have a problem. I've been sensing a faint Gnosis trace from somewhere in the house, like.....one similar to mine in this house. And..."
"Momo just disappeared somewhere after dinner. I had my eye on the little twerp for a minute, but something happened, and she's gone. Something about this house is deadening my ability to feel the other Cursed."
"I'm planning to follow the elemental energy, see where it is, and see if we can find Momo."

Yusuke pauses.
"Actually, now that you mention it, Momo was complaining about how weird the place felt to her. She's been complaining the whole time....."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"She's correct to be suspicious. We don't know this house nor its' allegiance. If you are going to look for our wayward ally then of course I am going to come with you."

"It is my purpose to ensure your safety, Yusuke. Even should this lord and all his men stand against us I'll protect you."

"...And you too, of course, Rengoku. Lead the way."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Madoka glanced at Todoroki, eyes widening under her hood. A Shiryo? She'd known there was something wrong with this place, but that wasn't expected in the slightest. Her hand gripped her sword.

"I'll hunt it down."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"How does one hunt a Shiryo, Madoka? I haven't done it before. I know Gnoses are supposed to help with fighting it, but how can we find it?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tomoe
Tomoe visibly shudders at the idea of a Shiryo. You remember that among your current crew, though she is Cursed, she is the one who lacks a Gnosis.

Then again, of course, Todoroki fought one without a Gnosis either, and all he lost was an eye.

"The beast is somewhere upstairs. I think. This house may well be a Domain, so if there is a Shiryo in here, we're at a disadvantage."

"A Domain? Damn it."

"While in here, the Shiryo has full control of the area. If we are in one....swordsman, lead the way. I will need to use my full concentration to help us find the beast."

Keiko points upstairs, towards a corridor heading off into the bedrooms.

Rin and Yusuke
Rin nods, pointing down a corridor downstairs.

"It's coming from somewhere deeper in the house, that way."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Madoka nods, then, without another word, heads in the direction indicated.
GM of Trespassers V2.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Miyako follows Madoka with the rest of the group.

Full control of the area? If this becomes a contest of engineering, I'll have to be ready to both build and tear down.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"An unexpected turn of events, but we will assist. Then MAYBE we will have a proper meal."
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49