Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49

Author Topic: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 2: Gladly, Keiko Kuroda Seeks Vengeance  (Read 37231 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Food is very much welcome. We are starving."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

"Sure, finally. Some dinner. Right, Madoka, let's get eatin'!"

Momo looks on somewhat awkwardly, as the soldier backs out of the room.

"Excellent. If you would all follow me...."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Setsurou, of course, fell into step just to the right and a step behind Yusuke, where he could move to protect him from most angles if he could.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

"Yeah, let's go. For the record, I kind of hope I'm wrong. I just don't know of any other possibilities."

With that, Miyako went to follow the soldier.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile

Kaori simply trailed after the group, seemingly lost in thought. What Miss Kuroda had revealed had been very enlightened, so to speak. And what Miyako had deduced after was...even more shocking, she supposed. It was apparent that she had missed out on quite a lot. A lot that would now be affecting her life in all sorts of ways, being both a Cursed and a Gnosis wielder. Kaori had to fight to keep from sighing. This...this was going to be her new life, all complicated and puzzling, she...

Her thoughts were quickly interrupted by a loud rumble. It had become apparent that her stomach had reacted first when it heard about the upcoming dinner.

"Ah...well..ah.", she began to stammer, growing more and more flustered. How embarrassing. Everyone must have heard that. She was so embarrassed she could die. "Awa...awawawa"

There was a loud puff of smoke and a small sheep now once again took her place.

"Some fresh grasses would do nicely, thank you.", Kaori mumbled, trailing after the others and looking very intently at the ground. Please, let the floor just open up and swallow her whole now.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Luckily, before the soldier can turn around to see, Rin scoops up the sheepified Kaori, hiding her inside her robes.
"K-Kaori!"

The soldier turns at the sound of the startled Rin.
"Is something the matter?"
"N-no, nothing at all, everything's fine! Really!"

The soldier simply turns back around and continues down the corridor. Todoroki snorts.
"Quick thinkin', Rengoku."

Yusuke simply pats her shoulder once, before heading up with the others, as Rin hangs back to keep the obvious bulge bearing Kaori hidden.

The party arrives to a table well set out for them, with countless stews and roasts ready for them.

You note that Momo seems a little....discomfited.

At the head of the table, Kiyomaru stands, welcoming his guests.
"I apologise for the humble offering I provide tonight, my guests, but we did not expect so many tonight. Please, gorge yourselves."

Todoroki rubs his hands.
"Hehe....finally. A proper meal after a week on the road."
"Is all you think about food, Todoroki?"
"A man my size didn't get so big eating riceballs and fish, catboy."
"The hell did you say...?"
"H-hey, you two! Come on, play nice. We should eat, show our appreciation to Lord Sawatari!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Madoka has wasted no time, apparently doing her best to rival Todoroki's consumption as she mauls the plate in front of her.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Hold a moment, Yusuke."

Setsurou took some of the food set before the Cat and ate it. After about fifteen seconds, he nodded.

"You may eat."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Setsurou finds that the food is.....off. Not poisoned off, but it feels stale, as if it's several days old. Perfectly serviceable for Yusuke and the others to eat, but...

He also sees Rin surreptitiously doing....something to a small spoonful of food, her Gnosis faintly glowing. Her eyebrows scrunch slightly, coming to the same conclusion as him.
"Well? Come on, quit givin' Yamada bedroom eyes and eat up already, Tsubouchi!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

". . ."

Madoka slows down her rate of consumption. This was strange. This food wasn't fresh at all, and that wasn't just her parents rubbing off on her. Why would they serve this to guests?

". . . How old is this?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"You noticed too? At least it isn't poisoned."

Setsurou turned to Rin.

"What was that Gnosis art you attempted just now?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"And here we were hoping for a satisfying meal."
"There is more to this, isn't there? What is the catch?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rin stares right at the head of the table, where Kiyomaru is sitting, seemingly blissfully unaware. She simply smiles at Setsurou, as if nothing is wrong.

Nothing of course, except for the small sheet of torn paper she has just passed him under the table.

"Food not poisoned. No illusion. Food odd aura. Used small healing spell on Yamada to protect him and small spell to dispel any poisons."

Kiyomaru looks puzzled at Madoka and Eisuke.
"I assure you, there is no catch. The food is my gift to you as my guests. It is quite fresh."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Madoka shakes her head.

"It doesn't taste right." She sets her utensils down. "It's not fresh," she declares, bluntly.
GM of Trespassers V2.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Setsurou tucked the paper fragment into his vest.

"She is right. It is not poisoned, I can assure you of that, but it is stale."

The shinobi tilted his head slightly.

"Can you not taste?"
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49