Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49

Author Topic: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 2: Gladly, Keiko Kuroda Seeks Vengeance  (Read 37240 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

"What about the Imperial Seal? It seemed to keep Gnoses from working while my friends fought her. Well, most Gnoses."

Miyako glanced subtly at Momo, as if to ask her to come forward. Miyako wasn't entirely sure why Momo was keeping up the act of her power being a Gnosis, but if any place was good to ask for that secret, it would be a warded room like this.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

"The Imperial Seal...well, I'm not as familiar."
"Um...I could speak up here, I guess. Sorry. Um..."
Rin thinks carefully.
"...the Imperial Seal, according to legend, was granted to the Yamauchi clan by the gods. The ancestors of the Yamauchi were the humans who fought alongside the Gods of the Land against the God of Curses, and as a reward, the Gods of the Land rewarded the head of the clan with the Imperial Seal, which was said to grant them power over other Gnosis wielders. It's not just the ability to block Gnosis abilities, but also additional power on top of that of a Gnosis."
"Sorry. Uh....Folkloric Studies was....one of my favorite subjects back at the Pharmacy."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 08:53:08 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, if we were looking for it, there we have her source of power. Or at least one of them."

"And I'm sorry I have to confront you about this, but this is a safe place to talk and... Momo...

Miyako suddenly spoke much more firmly.

"Why is your Gnosis a counterfeit, and how did you perform all those feats without it?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Eh? A fake Gnosis?"
Momo raised an eyebrow.
"Hm? What do you mean a fake?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Truly? Mmm...this Empress might prove to be a bigger issue than we thought."
"Not knowing what our foe is capable of nor being certain where they tap their power from isn't a fun combination."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"What I mean is, you've been flying, for all the Gods' sake. And you created wind barriers that the Empress couldn't dispel. While those are things I could believe a very strong Gnosis could do, yours hasn't shown any sign of being particularly powerful; in fact, from the glimpses I've had of it, it's dull and not very energetic at all."

"Look, I don't mean to accuse you too much. If it's something that you really can't tell us, that's fine. We all have secrets."

"But if we're going to fight together, we need to trust each other. And since it's something the Empress can't take away from you, it's practical for our plans."

"I also think I saw you with green eyes, but that might have been just me..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, I could say that I'm secretly the goddess Fuyin herself incarnated in a human body and that's why I'm so strong...."
"Or I could say that I just have really powerful Mahou, which the Imperial Seal can't block anyway."
"Dammit, Mitsui, this isn't the time!"
"Ehe~"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"What?!"

"But that's impossible..."

Miyako thought for a moment, as if looking for a way to contradict the claim, then raised a finger, triumphantly.

"Ah-ha! Isn't the whole Gnosis system to prevent gods from directly acting? How could you be Fuyin?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Who said I was Fuyin? I just said it could be a possibility, you know."

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile

"Ah-ha! Isn't the whole Gnosis system to prevent gods from directly acting? How could you be Fuyin?"

"Well, there are those stories of the gods walking amongst us and judging who are most worthy of their blessings. So, uhhh, oh no...

Kaori turned toward Momo suddenly, sounding slightly panicky.

"Um, If you're Fuyin, should we start praying? Oh, uh, I'll go find some scented candles. No disrespect. We need to go start a shrine!"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You know those ARE just stories right? Although....they might have a little truth to them. Who knows, huh? Ehehe~"
"Again, Mitsui! Not the time!"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The more you speak, the less inclined we feel to trust your words in general."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"It is difficult to trust one who won't trust us with the truth."

Setsurou turned away from Mitsui and back to Kuroda.

"A question. There are eleven energies, you said? Why would it be such an odd number? Is, perhaps, the absence of these energies not an energy unto itself, and that's what the Shiryo are tapped into?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Eleven energies, for the eleven Gods of the Land. The ten who exist now, and the God of Life."
Rin raises a finger.
"Wait. Uh....I remembered...something. Kuroda, you know about the Prohibition, right?"
"Yes. The divine restriction on the Gods that prevents them from acting directly upon Horai. The reason Gnosis wielders exist. Why?"
Rin looks over at Momo.
"....theoretically, it would....prevent a God of the Land from telling us directly if they were a god?"
"Why would it do that? That's not really helpful."
"Well, if I WERE under such a restriction, maybe...the restriction would prevent me from telling you guys. Maybe, say, because the restriction MIGHT prevent me from telling you honestly. If it's sarcastically, or say, stated as conjecture, well, as long as you DON'T treat me like a god, it's all fine. But, you know, it's all conjecture, right?"
"Plausible deniability to prevent the Prohibition from working. Are the laws of the gods so easily subverted?"
"Maybe we're in a bit of an unexpected situation~ I can't tell you~"
"Does anyone else get what I'm trying to get at?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Madoka nodded quietly. She wasn't sure how all these things were connected, exactly, but that much she followed, at least.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49