Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 49

Author Topic: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 2: Gladly, Keiko Kuroda Seeks Vengeance  (Read 37242 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"This went better than we expected."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

"Thank you so much!"
"L-let's just get in already."

The guard waits for everyone to dry themselves at the door, hand on the handle.
"When you're ready, the door is open."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Very well. Let us go in and meet the master of the house. And the... other guest."

Setsurou wasn't sure if the guard knew Kuroda was a Juunishi or not, but didn't feel it prudent to mention it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Having dried enough not to drip water everywhere, Miyako stepped into the house, looking around with curiosity. That the guard knew to ask about Momo confirmed Keiko was at least willing to meet the group, and trusted the host enough to tell them about it. A good sign.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Indeed, there is no point on standing still, least you enjoy the rain's company."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...other guests? So you know Lady Kuroda?"
As the group steps inside, they find an opulent mansion, well decorated and well furnished, but the sort that feels like it was decorated by someone a few generations older than yourselves. The vases look fine but aged, the lanterns give off a soft yellow light, tinged with red. A sickly sweet scent of lavender lingers in the air.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"A little."

Setsurou wasn't comfortable talking much about the woman; he really didn't know that much about her as a person, and that made him uneasy. It was better to keep his mouth closed than to say something incorrect.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I see. I will make sure the master of the house is ready for dinner."

The guard disappears up a nearby staircase. Momo frowns as she looks around the place.
"I dunno about this place. It feels all....musty and stuffy. Sorta....I don't know how."
"Beats being out in the rain."
Yusuke seems to have finally stopped shivering and looking weak, now that he's safely inside.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Setsurou took a cloth out of his vest and shook it out; it turned out to be a very compactly-folded sheet that had the pattern of the walls of the Imperial District on it - clearly a tool for hiding.

"It's only thin cloth, but here."

He held it out to Yusuke.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"We think this place will do for now. It certainly is better than standing out in the rain-or hiding in a barn."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yusuke gratefully takes the clothe, drying himself off.
"Thanks. Damned rain...."
"You must be our visitors."

A young-looking man appears down the staircase after a bit of waiting. His robes are plain, but the material is fine, clearly that of a wealthy man. His eyes are closed and his lips are curled in a slight smile as he takes a bow.
"My name is Sawatari Kiyomaru. I am the master of this humble abode. To what do I owe the pleasure of visitors?"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

"Ah, we were just on our way to Kaedehara, and this storm surprised us. We just need a bit of shelter for the night, really. But of course, I'm always up for learning more about people. Say, what is your family most famous for?"

As Miyako didn't know this noble's disposition towards the rebellion, it was best to keep the subject elsewhere for now.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kiyomaru nods, his expression unchanging. His accent feels old-fashioned, somehow.
"We Sawatari have maintained this abode for a long time, travellers. It's not often we get so many of you for dinner."
He gazes towards Momo.
"Will your friend be staying? He looks rather.....discomfited."
"This place just feels really musty. Also, I'm a girl."
"The air in here is rather stuffy. But....with the storm outside, it would be rather odd to have our windows open, no?"

Indeed, you notice the windows are all covered by curtains or veils.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

". . ." Madoka maintained her silence. She was thoroughly out of her depth here, and she didn't know who could be trusted or why. She shuffled closer to Todoroki, giving a slight glance at him as if to ask his thoughts on the matter.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Say. You got food in this joint? My partner and I are pretty hungry. We been travelin' a while."
"Todoroki!"
"Honest question."

Kiyomaru simply laughs.
"Worry not about your friend, apothecary. We have much food for everyone. Even for someone as....big as you. I assume your friend is shy?"
"I'm the talker here."
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 49