Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49

Author Topic: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 2: Gladly, Keiko Kuroda Seeks Vengeance  (Read 37299 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 1: The Melancholy of Momo Mitsui
« Reply #285 on: October 19, 2021, 01:28:06 pm »

"Interesting."

Setsurou considered that idea.

"We've never talked much about your past, have we, Yusuke?"

There had never been enough time to sit and talk, sadly. His duty hadn't allowed it, and he'd had to keep to it else be reassigned. It had eventually allowed him to help, though, so at least something came of being steadfast for so long.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 19, 2021, 01:33:01 pm »

Kazuki might have normally been more than willing to sit in a caravan away from Rin for once, but he was insistent that he stuck to his job. Thus, he sat and stayed there, silently listening to the conversation without many inputs himself. He didn't have the energy to do much; even weapon maintenance wasn't currently on his mind. All he did was listen and watch the scenery go by.

"Why do I always get stuck with the icky jobs?" He smirked slightly at his stupid joke that wasn't even really audible to anyone but himself and the winds that drifted by, but the smirk didn't last long. At least being a rebel was for a good cause— better than most of the crap that he's gotten up to for the sake of the contract.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 19, 2021, 01:49:07 pm »

Traxesa wasn’t quite the best at getting to know new people. Rather, he made it a point to sit next to the person he felt most comfortable with. Therefore, Kazuki would always find the side that Rin wasn’t on would be filled by the tiger boy. He was half listening in to the conversation as he had a pencil and a journal out. His previous boss told him to keep a journal to record his past actions and before anything major just in case the worst happens and mercenary gang could better understand what may have happened. The habit just kind of carried over and Traxesa began to catch up on the previous days of travel. Though, there was nothing much to add. The lad sighed before closing and storing his journal.

"Man... Out of the frying pan and into the fire." He spoke out loud to no one in particular. It was obvious the boy wasn’t enjoying the current situation. Doesn’t even have a book to read to pass the time.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 01:56:00 pm by Aurorix »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 19, 2021, 01:53:35 pm »

Nullstar wasn't particularly pleased with the whole part of spending so darn long without doing much. But there really wasn't anything else to be done until they arrived on their destination, he didn't really have the opportunity to get himself books or at least SOMETHING to distract his mind with.
"We feel...that the excitement we had a few days ago has thinned out. By a lot."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 19, 2021, 02:06:55 pm »

"No, not really. I....well, I didn't want them to come after dad."
"Aren't you old friends, Setsurou?"

Alice sits down next to Takeru, noticing his boredom.
"I know how you feel. I'm practically itching to get off this carriage already."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Prologue: Yusuke Yamada Gains His Freedom
« Reply #290 on: October 19, 2021, 02:07:30 pm »

Miyako hadn't spoken much during their travel so far. That Lord Kiritani was one of the Cursed troubled her.

For someone so prominent to not be who they say they are... But haven't I met all of the other Cursed? He'd have to be... or maybe...? Maybe even...? But that'd just raise further questions. Ugh, I need a distraction.

Though she made sure to keep an ear to Setsurou talking to Yusuke, Miyako latched onto Nullstar's comment on excitement.

"I was taught to savour the boring moments, otherwise you'll miss them when the excitement starts. But yes, I'm bored too," Miyako lied. "What do you mercenary types usually do when you're bored?"
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 02:09:27 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 19, 2021, 02:13:01 pm »

"It is more like... I was his warden and his guardian for several years. As the eldest son of the head of the Yugen - as well as divinely favored, being a Misaki - I was assigned to head the watch over the Cursed while my father Shinsuke and his chosen men watched over the Empress."

"Eventually I came to understand that how the Juunishi were being treated was not right, and I helped plan their escape. For that, I am a clan traitor, and marked. But I wouldn't change my decision for anything. It was the right thing to do."

He put his hand on his Gnosis, but did not pull it out of his vest. Once blessed on his birth, and now twice-blessed because of his choice. This was surely the correct path.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 01:31:02 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 19, 2021, 02:19:14 pm »

"...That is our current feeling yes, a very strong one too. The desire to be able to move freely again and put these blades to work."
Nullstar raised an eyebrow at the other speaking up.
"Unfortunately we don't enjoy the taste of boredom. It is bitter and underwhelming. We aren't used to spending so much time idling like this either."
"You are asking the wrong person, for we normally don't work as mercenaries. We just take a few jobs here and there due to necessity...however when we feel bored we either meditate or look for artifacts. Especially the artifacts made to enhance the wielder's strength. But we cannot do either of those things if we are stuck here."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 19, 2021, 02:30:27 pm »

"It's not the usual kind of meditation, then, if you can't do it here?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 19, 2021, 02:35:49 pm »

"It isn't the usual kind, no. And even if it was...meditation requires a quiet and peaceful place to be able to clear your mind."
"We don't think a moving carriage full of people can be described as a quiet and peaceful place."

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 19, 2021, 02:48:01 pm »

"I mean yea I'm bored but that really wasn't why..." The boy trails off meekly as they continue their conversation. There really was no reason to force a correction, just go along with it!

"I was taught to savour the boring moments, otherwise you'll miss them when the excitement starts. But yes, I'm bored too," Miyako lied. "What do you mercenary types usually do when you're bored?"

"Back with my gang there really was not much time to get bored. Every day there was some mission to accomplish and usually me a Kazuki would meet up and hang out for what time we had left after we got our jobs done. But on the rare occasions I did have free time I'd read up on a novel or a Mahou textbook. Though I'd mostly spend my time trying to figure out a cure for the curse. Though I only got so far as to reverse engineer already documented ways to relief the systems. Found lots of trails but all led to dead ends..."

"It isn't the usual kind, no. And even if it was...meditation requires a quiet and peaceful place to be able to clear your mind."
"We don't think a moving carriage full of people can be described as a quiet and peaceful place."

"What's so special about this meditation of yours? Is something you do while preforming it out of the norm or does it have more effects than just calming one's mind?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 19, 2021, 04:13:03 pm »

"As a matter of fact, yes. It is our way of slowly unlocking the bindings of this armor and releasing its full potential."
"Twisting and shaping its form until we can make better weapons."
"For now it is extremely limited, so we had been using a special type of meditation to help us to get there."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 19, 2021, 05:08:37 pm »

"I see. That's....very kind of you, Tsubouchi. I'd do the same thing, I think. My mom used to tell me stories about the Juunishi, and I always really felt for the Cat. I...never thought they were real but, well, I guess we're here."
Yusuke looks slightly amused.
"Those are just stories. Did you seriously come along because you got told a fairy tale?"
"Hey! I....it was my favorite fairy tale. I always dreamed I could, you know, maybe....help the Cat and all the others live happily in their next life, you know? It's some of the reason I wanted to be a Mizuno healer. If I ever found one of the Juunishi, I'd help them."
"I just didn't dream it would be this way..."

As Miyako and the other Cursed on the carriages settle in, they sense something.

Specifically, somewhere, in the fields around them, they can sense the Rabbit.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 19, 2021, 05:38:43 pm »

Meditation to prepare for war, not to be at peace? I'll have to keep an eye on this one.

Just as she finished that thought, Miyako visibly perked up at feeling the Rabbit's presence.

Could it really be her?

She quickly caught herself, and smiled mischievously.

"Either way, it seems like things won't be boring for long. I don't know what exactly is about to happen, but it's going to be flashy."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 19, 2021, 08:05:43 pm »

"What is that supposed to mean?"
"Did you hear something we didn't? Are we about to fight more foes?"
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49