Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 49

Author Topic: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Chapter 2: Gladly, Keiko Kuroda Seeks Vengeance  (Read 37302 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Chains of Horai IC Thread: Prologue: Yusuke Yamada Gains His Freedom
« Reply #240 on: October 10, 2021, 10:44:35 am »

"We sure did. And we can only hope the payment is as big as the problem we got ourselves into."
"We don't see ourselves being able to roam freely until we get this problem sorted out. Chances are those guards will spread the word to the neighboring towns."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 10, 2021, 11:12:11 am »

"Guess that makes a little more sense, you were never exactly a Terra-type of person-" Just as he continued, Rin started running off in the corner of his eye— yelling something about Kaori. "Ooooh boy. Sorry, Traxesa, I gotta jet, I don't think the new boss can so much as read a book without needing me to stand behind her the whole time— at least not now, anyways."

Kazuki hurried over, eyes widening at the sight.

"Geez, what the hell happened here? And who are half of these people, Kubo? I know Her Mysteriousness and Todoroki are one thing, but you got the duel viewers in on it as well? And who are you guys-" Kazuki looked briefly over, before shaking his head. "You know what? Never mind. Not in my contract to ask. Love the armor, looks awesome and imposing," Kazuki quipped at Nullstar before he continued following Rin— quickly turning his pursuit into a stealth mode as to give this obvious private conversation some more privacy. Not that he was interested in knowing why Miyako was talking to a sheep (yet another Cursed, probably, one that Hidekazu would just love to get his hands on, probably,); he just wanted to keep an eye on Rin.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 10, 2021, 11:45:26 am »

Daisuke nods, scratching his chin before nodding.
"Well, I'm sure that when you meet again he'll be proud of your growth."
Hearing Madoka's comment he turned to the small girl once more.
"Hey, I was an Ashigaru, show some respect."
He chuckles to himself, clearly not actually offended by the comment. He almost responds to Kazuki but the most he gets is opening his mouth before the other guard continued moving.

mastermepp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 10, 2021, 02:53:38 pm »

"The cursed huh..." She begins, recalling what she knew. Not much, Haru believes she might've read  some tale but that would've been years ago. She does look shocked at the "rumors". "I've never been big on politics as I'm not a big fan of authority in general, but good Gods, don't tell me that's true."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 10, 2021, 11:47:21 pm »

Nullstar tilted his head a bit in response to the stranger talking and throwing a compliment while passing by, giving him little time to respond.
"...Thank you?"
Honestly he was left a tad puzzled, as he was not given enough time to properly introduce himself nor explain who the 'other guys' were. Instead he turned his attention to Haru, crossing his arms before speaking in an amused tone.
"Oh? Don't tell us you are worried about those silly stories."
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 12:01:07 am by Praefectus Screptum »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 11, 2021, 07:51:15 pm »

Chidori sheathed her sword with a flourish.

: "And that's the last of them. Victory is ours!"
: "Great. Except now we're wanted outlaws for fighting guards. Plus we can probably kiss the deposit on our room at the inn goodbye."
: "Bah, they were out of line. All we did was defend ourselves. As for the deposit, so what? Gold comes and goes." The woman scrunched her face up momentarily in thought, then spoke in an undertone:

"Weep not for money
For though gold may pass, there knocks
Opportunity
"

Chikara looked confused for a moment, then he looked around at the other combatants...and started paying attention to the prospect of getting paid for all this trouble.

: "Hey, so who's responsible for all this? Whatever got the guards riled up, my sister and I have gotten tangled up in it. We need to have a little talk." The man raised his voice, speaking to the group in general. Somehow he didn't think the big guy with the eyepatch or his cloaked friend were to blame.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 11, 2021, 08:13:44 pm »

Daisuke looks towards where Kazuki had run off before shrugging and raising his hand toward the green haired people.
"That'd be my employer and her new friends from what I can tell, sorry! She's something of a bleeding heart so she probably said something grand about protecting that naked guy and got the guards in a tizzy."
Daisuke pretended that this was a normal occurrence, despite it by all logic not being so.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 11, 2021, 08:29:15 pm »

Chidori perked up at the mention of "naked guy", but Chikara stayed on topic.

: "Could you point your employer out to us? Whatever went down, we weren't in position to see it, so we wouldn't know her from any other random woman."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 11, 2021, 11:55:33 pm »

Daisuke scratches the back of his neck sheepishly, but points to where Rin had went.
"I think she went that way but uh... I get the feeling you should wait, on account of them.... Changing."
He helpfully flaps his coat.

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 12, 2021, 12:13:59 am »

"I do. And the Rat, more commonly. It's a long story, but I'm one of the Cursed who answered the Empress' invitation to join her at the Imperial Palace. I don't know if you've heard the stories, but the truth is that it was a gilded cage with little personal freedom, and the Empress is just as mad as they say. I went there already planning an escape, with support from a particular group.

"I had to improvise when Yusuke, the Cat, made his own escape attempt, but most of us got out. Yusuke didn't, and that's why we're here.

"But the reason I wanted to talk to you is that you were unaccounted for. The Empress wants to gather all of the Cursed for her madness, and I don't want that upon you. The others are talking about how they're fugitives now, but you already were, I'm sorry to say."

"Oh, I see." That would certainly explain that man's threats. If imperial troops were to march through Yamanaka...Kaori couldn't help but shudder at the thought. "But, um, why would Her Majesty ask everyone to come to the palace? What did she claim to want?" Besides, even if the Empress wanted her, it didn't mean she knew her face. So far as Kaori knew, she hadn't done anything to have been worth hunting for...Well, not before this, anyway.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 12:16:00 am by ctsun »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 12, 2021, 12:44:16 am »

"Don't ask me to understand a mad woman's desires. The original decree was to 'cure the Curse', but if that really was the goal, it was forgot long before I went there."

Miyako was clearly not a fan of the Empress, from how cynically she treated this matter.

"At this point, I don't really even care if it's possible. Curing Amatsu of her mad leader is more important. Have you ever heard of the resistance?"

If Kaori hadn't heard of the Empress' decree... Miyako dialed back on her assumptions of things "everybody" knew. She hadn't known the Sheep's identity, after all, and it stood to reason that none of the other Cursed knew either, or they probably would have clued her in.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 13, 2021, 09:28:50 am »

Rin pops in just as Miyako finishes her explanation, staring at Miyako and Kaori up and down.
"Miyako, where's Kaori? Where....wait, is that...that's Kaori in your hands, right?!"

The young man takes the letter to examine it, before his eyes widen.
"Wait....Dad sent this? Dad....Dad's working with the Resistance?"

Todoroki grins.
"He better be. 'Tween me and Madoka here, we've kicked the asses of every swordsman between here and Yasoinaba. 'Course, Madoka here wants a real fight."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 13, 2021, 09:37:01 am »

Kazuki wanted to, so badly, come out with an annoyed expression asking who else was keeping secrets about being one of the Cursed. He wouldn't mind, normally— he might even have been somewhat jealous, because who wouldn't want to turn into some cool animal in the middle of a battle?... Then again, if Traxesa was anything to learn from, he'd probably hate it. Kazuki knew that he was the worst clothes shopper. He could sit there for hours while Rin picked out clothes, but him? He had zero fashion sense.

No, he minded because if his old boss found out that he was palling around with a jackpot full of Cursed... Kazuki inaudibly groaned. C'mon, Ohara. Worry when there's something to worry about. Live in the moment, alright? Yeesh...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 13, 2021, 10:04:06 am »

"Miyako, where's Kaori? Where....wait, is that...that's Kaori in your hands, right?!"

Miyako didn't say anything. She only turned to Kaori and cocked her head for a moment surreptitiously, to either ask for permission or to give her the initiative.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 13, 2021, 10:25:42 am »

Chikara's palm met his face for a few seconds. Just how many naked people were in this bunch?

: "Look, just...tell me what she looks like so I can find her later." Or direct me to someone more willing to be helpful.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 49