Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RAW EDITING  (Read 812 times)

umbrelladroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RAW EDITING
« on: August 15, 2021, 10:30:14 am »

Hi Guys

Have been going arounf the forums looking for an answer that I just cant get. Maybe some of you can help.

I Like to RP alot with Dwarf Fortress and to do this i need to edit the RAWS.

Specifically "Creature_Standard" Raw File.

So here is my problem.....

I am looking to make Yeti's Trainable so that I can cage them and maybe trade them ( kind of like a labour camp trade ect ).

I have made edits to the RAW .. in the yeti creature i ahev added Biomes for desert, glacier, forest ext... I increased population and also littersize.. remvoed [Savage] but for some reason teh yetis still are not appearing in any map that i enter.

I am using the Lazy Newb Pack ( specifically "Spacefox" Tileset )

Can someone help me here???

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RAW EDITING
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 11:54:28 am »

Have been going around the forums looking for an answer that I just cant get. Maybe some of you can help.

I need to edit the RAWS. [snip]  Specifically "Creature_Standard" Raw File. [snip] I am looking to make Yeti's Trainable so that I can cage them and maybe trade them ( kind of like a labour camp trade ect ).

I have made edits to the RAW .. in the yeti creature i *have added biomes for desert, glacier, forest [snip] I increased population and also littersize.. removed [Savage] but for some reason the yetis still are not appearing in any map that i enter.

I am using the Lazy Newb Pack ( specifically "Spacefox" Tileset )

Really when asking modding questions, you ought to check for similar threads in the DF modding subforum where there's a couple of big threads that filter through some non-specific raw questions like yours such as the 0.47.x General modding questions thread. All the tokens with some information (modding forum can be a nice area to share HOW to use these tokens creatively) can also be found on the DF wikipedia

A bit of impartial advice from me is that yetis are rare creatures in vanilla, usually only having 5-10 creatures per whole area, take 10 years from a child to mature into a adult, and have a [FREQUENCY] token of :1, meaning they'll only appear 1% of the time compared to other animals who without having it written down appear 50% of the time more.

This makes them very rare even with adding them more commonly to biomes, and are likely to go extinct locally after you've caught/killed them all. I dont want to discourage your plan but i think you've underestimated the amount of additional work you would need for achieving your vision goals, though im quite sure people would be happy just watching you play even without the theme, DF turns up a lot of amusing content.

umbrelladroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 06:23:44 pm »

Cheers for the reply.

I o recall this, but i remember i made and edit in raws a long time ago and the map i embarked on had 20 of them.   Am i missing something? Is there anyway to get them more available?

IS there multiple files i need to edit other then the original df file and the save file ??

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2021, 12:30:35 pm »

If you are editing frequency of animals and such then you probably will need to gen a new world to see the effect.

You'll need to turn up the frequency in order to get them to show up more often. Upping the population number would help as well. If you want to also breed them then I suggest increasing the litter size a tad.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531