Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: SPACE BRUTE: A Suggestion Game  (Read 5897 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
SPACE BRUTE: A Suggestion Game
« on: August 15, 2021, 09:51:47 am »

SPACE BRUTE: A DUMB and VIOLENT ADVENTURE through the STARS.

All VIOLENCE Actions result in a critical success.
Other Actions will usually result in critical failures.

A: SPACE MARINE: Square Jawed and armed to the teeth, the Space Marines are at the forefront of every conflict the Republic gets itself into. And you were among the best, from boarding hostile ships to planetary smash and grabs. In addition to your heavy guns, grenades,  and MKIII power armor, you also have the power of friendship with your squad! Unfortunately, you may have seen a few too many things and the Republic Black Ops group wants you dead. Luckily, you are very good at killing things. You just need to assemble your… Brute Squad.
-Skilled in the use of all military equipment.
-Can assemble a team to cover your other shortcomings

B. TRUST FUND BABY: You are obscenely, obscenely rich. Your family owns multiple planets and a fleet of cargo vessels. You, of course, have no idea of how to turn a profit, how to balance books or manage a group of people. So your family sent you off with a yacht, a baby sitter and a trust fund that is only enough to buy a single planet. But of course, you want more!
-Businessman/woman, terrible at business.
-Vast wealth and resources. Can buy the best equipment.

C. CYBORG, BRUTE CLASS: Killing Machine and Flesh married into one form. You are a Cyborg, upgraded with augments and prosthetics that no mere mortal could dream of. You have walked through walls, bent ultrasteel bars in half, and disintegrated many, many people with your plasma cannon.  Unfortunately, the corporation you worked for reclaimed most of the tech you had (including your beloved plasma cannon). You just have the basic arms, legs, sensory upgrades and hardware points that any self respecting cyborg would need. Of course you are going to need to find some better gear soon before your former colleagues find you.
-Upgrade your body with a wide array of parts and special abilities!
-No penalties to using your parts, but if they aren’t Violence related you don’t get the auto success either.

D. The Apprentice. Raw Power and Will is your inheritance. Crafted from both alien and human genomes, and trained nearly from birth to be the perfect defender of humanity. Your prowess in hand to hand combat rivals legends, and your Will Powers are growing, enabling super human feats. All was going according to plan until the Order was destroyed by a scorned son. And so you are alone, Last of the Order.
-The Most Brute of the Brutes.
-Built like a brick shithouse.
-Limited to melee weapons and some precision weapons (Bows great, sniper rifles okay, machine guns no.) (Could change in the future.)
-Develop your Will to do impossible feats.

This is going to be similar to original Brute.You have something of a power level so you can’t start off punching space ships to death. You can talk to others without penalty, but persuading them to do something you don’t want to do is out of your wheelhouse. Enjoy!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE BRUTE: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 10:07:29 am »

Either spess mehrine or Rogg’s apprentice, please. I’m thinking I prefer the latter; being able to hubris gravity to our will would be fun. But building a team is likely one of the best decisions we can make.

Suggested start: We are on the deadliest Death World in the known galaxy, where the local wildlife could quite literally eat all but the mightiest of militaries for breakfast.
We want to prove ourselves its superior.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 10:17:33 am »

Apprentice apprentice apprentice!!!
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 12:53:38 pm »

The Apprentice, and, when we kill somebody, we say, "you're fired!"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2021, 01:00:51 pm »

when we kill somebody, we say, "you're fired!"
Let’s not.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 01:11:26 pm »

when we kill somebody, we say, "you're fired!"
Let’s not.
Yeah.  Unless we kill them with a flamethrower.  Then we say “you’re fired”.
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2021, 02:31:45 pm »

D: Apprentice

Suggested start: We are on the deadliest Death World in the known galaxy, where the local wildlife could quite literally eat all but the mightiest of militaries for breakfast.
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2021, 04:19:49 pm »

B. TRUST FUND BABY
BRUTAL BABY

+1
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2021, 05:05:35 pm »

C Cyborg

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2021, 06:04:14 am »

The Apprentice, and, when we kill somebody, we say, "you're fired!"
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2021, 09:17:28 am »

Turn One: Salicore

You are the Apprentice, and you are being hunted. You are not sure who is hunting you,  only that they are dangerous and that they killed the rest of the Order. Your master told you to get to Tychon Five, an urban world on the rim, and hide there until its safe. You didn’t have much, so leaped at the chance of a much cheaper berth on a freighter that was guaranteed to make it to Tychon Five. They even winked at you as they said it, you felt so reassured.

The journey started off lonely, but the passengers of hold 4 gradually started to welcome you. A little girl named Susa started it off, asking if you wanted to play some games with her and the other children. You had just finished your meditation session, and so agreed. You, of course, easily defeated the children, they were physically incapable of keeping up with you, but they were very impressed by your backflips over them. After the game the other passengers began to open up to you, inviting you over for meals and you would impress them with a feat of strength or agility. You made some of your first friends on this trip.

After a month and a half, all the passengers including yourself were ushered into shuttles to be taken down to the planet. They weren’t very comfortable, and there were several complaints about the lack of windows, but overall the air was filled with a nervous hope and excitement.

The shuttle shook roughly upon entry, and a cheer went up as you all felt the shuttle touch down. You smiled and briefly checked your robes, pouches and sword were all still in their proper place. The crew member taking you said no weapons, but you told them it was an artifact and you had to keep it close. They looked at it and shrugged, said it looked like a hunk of metal to them, and let you keep it.

The shuttle door opened slowly, and you were all hit by a wave of humid air. At the bottom of the shuttle ramp stood a line of soldiers in power armor, carrying rifles. The other passengers began to cry with dismay as you were shuffled of the ship. You were surrounded by tall walls, with an energy field arcing overhead. The landing pad you were on was connected to a large gray compound in front of you, bristling with weapons. You saw one cannon fire, a big ball of plasma arcing out beyond the walls.

A man with a short cape stepped out to greet you, “Welcome to your new home on Salicore.” You frowned. You heard of Salicore, some of the monsters you trained against were from here. You didn’t think Salicore was particularly close to Tychon Five, but maybe there was some mistake.

“Don’t worry, we have already secured your accommodations, and have provided you with jobs to pay for them! A few trips out into the wilds and your debt is paid!”

This did not happen to calm the crowd. You shrugged a bit internally. As long as you eventually get to Tychon Five, you wouldn’t mind working for a bit. You might even get some good training in.

Ileia, Susa’s mother, clutched her daughter to her chest. “What about the children?!” She cried. Without hesitation, the caped man stepped out and wrenched Susa from her mother’s grasp.

“There is no room for useless mouths on Salicore!” the captain shouted, and pulled out his pistol and pressed it to Susa’s head.

Oh no.

What do you do?
A. Nothing.
B. Disable the captain, make sure the others are safe, and try to de-escalate the situation.
C. Kill the captain and the rest of the guards.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2021, 09:21:12 am »

B.
Punch the captain in the stomach, and take and crumple his gun. Nobody hurts the children.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2021, 09:32:56 am »

B.
Punch the captain in the stomach, and take and crumple his gun. Nobody hurts the children.
I don't think you caught the sarcasm. Also, you might not have quite gotten the premise of this game...

C.
Obviously. Punch the captain's shit in. Then follow up with his cronies.
I think the options here should have been HOW to kill the captain... But that might have been too obvious.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2021, 09:41:02 am »

Strik3r, I was here for the first version of Brute. I know how the game works.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2021, 09:47:29 am »

Crush the captain’s head. Do this to the guards too
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8