Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: SPACE BRUTE: A Suggestion Game  (Read 5891 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE BRUTE: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2021, 07:31:52 pm »

A, I absolutely want to go the route of channeling a deathworld.

And of course we keep the Ralqarth, we don't need to worry about such paltry things as melee weapons!
Her name is now Unicorn.
+1 although should keep our machete handy. Not as good as a well made sword, but still a decent weapon.
+1
+1

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2021, 12:00:29 pm »

You awake from your meditations to the roar of an approaching shuttle. You look out through the (heavily reinforced) window in time to see what looked like a fat heavily armored transport and a lean looking gunship. That must be the pickup from Susara.

Then the gunship opened fire, green lasers pulsing out into the compound. Explosions rocked the building as you grabbed your gear and rushed out the door. Luckily most of the people were deep in the center of the building.
Ileia’s voice comes over the intercom, “Remain calm, they are only targeting the weapon emplacements on the compound. They are telling us to surrender. ” You can hear the tension in her voice.

You reach the outside of the compound, and looking out you can see the transport landing and disgorging troops, heavily armed and highly alert. You can see them shout at and roughly throw an unlucky volunteer perimeter guard to the ground. Unicorn (Susa was very excited to see a fabled Unicorn for the first time, and no one had the heart to tell her otherwise) was currently sitting in the holding pens very agitated from the explosions. She could reach you if need be.

You can hear a loudspeaker form the transport and gunship demanding the immediate surrender of everyone in the compound.

What do you do?
A. Unconditionally surrender.
B. Try to negotiate, surely this is just a misunderstanding.
C. They started attacking you, disable their troops and weapons.
D. Kill them all.
E: Something else?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2021, 12:18:18 pm »

C
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2021, 02:34:08 am »

D
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2021, 02:44:55 pm »

d
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2021, 09:15:34 pm »

C

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2023, 05:50:43 pm »

Spoiler: Welcome back! (click to show/hide)

These soldiers, clad head to toe in black armor, pointed their weapons at you as you slowly approach. One lets loose as you refuse to stop, bright green laser burning through your chest. They stop and stare as the burning hole begins to heal.

To their credit though, they retain enough discipline to fire a volley to try to bring you down. Their laser fire fills the air, their weapons enhanced and powerful enough to bring down the monstrous beasts to be found in the jungle.

But not you.

You leap through the air, your large frame twisting above the lasers, and land among them. Your first slap cracks the faceplate of a stormtrooper, sending him flying into this compatriots. Your hands break the guns in their hands. A kick crumbles the chestplate of another. You move gracefully, never stopping inyour movement and soon only a handful still stand, disarmed and terrified.

The gunship breaks from strafing the compound's defenses to start an attack run on your position. You figure it would do more harm to their allies, but it would damage the transport that would be your friend’s ticket out of here. So you.

A.Throw your magic boomerang at it.
B. Throw a guy at it.
C. Throw yourself at it.

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2023, 06:13:58 pm »

C

BRUTE

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2023, 01:40:11 am »

C

Obviously.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2023, 02:40:59 am »

C
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2023, 12:01:57 pm »

You launch yourself from the ground, hurling through the air at the gunship. It tries to evade but much too slowly as you slam into the reinforced cockpit. It breaks underneath the force of the impact, crumpling in a messy mix of blood and metal as the gunship shrieks and twirls to the ground, where it explodes and sends a wave of fire washing over your body.

You emerge from the wreckage, clothes mostly burned off but your skin shines a ruddy red, freshly remade from the flames. Your eyes narrow as you see the fat armored transport engines thurm as they prepare to exit. That would be rather inconvenient to you, so you jump once more and land on the nose of the craft. The terrified pilots stare at you as you shake your head at them. They understand the message and the engines.

You drop down and glare at the scattered, trembling soldiers.

"Talk." You demand.

And they do. They are indeed from Susara, a floating fortress city, widely considered the dominant power on Salicore. They didn't believe the messages coming in, and seeing the outpost's defenses immediately decided to neutralize the possible threat.. Having said that, their leaders would surely be more than willing to accept your people as refugees, their officer claims. They wouldn't, couldn't, turn down a warrior of your caliber.

"I don't trust them," Ileia leans back. You have returned back to the compound and the soldiers confined in cages.  "They started attacking us, unprovoked. And you brought down one of their gunships, they are not going to be happy with that. But staying here isn't viable either. You are fine in the death jungle, but... we can't stay."

She points to the map. Far from your position is a blue mark.

"There is another option.  The United People's. A democracy, if you can believe it. Too far to ask for help, but considering we have our own transport now, we could make it the trip ourselves. Susara is definitely not going to be happy with us stealing their transport though, and they might try intercepting us before we make it out of 'their' territory." She shrugs.

What do you think?
A. Join the Military Government, Susara!
B. Flee to the UP!
C. [Heart of the Jungle] We can make it work here in our isolated Jungle compound!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2023, 12:10:26 pm »

B

We're the Guardian and we're the Brute, Susara can try intercepting and they can suffer for it.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2023, 04:12:30 pm »

The transport lumbers into the air, laden with the people you've promised to protect and some of the goods you've taken from the jungle. Also Unicorn, your murderous regenerating pet monster. One of your people was a pilot, and he seemed confident he could make it to the United People's cityship.

Left behind were the soldiers and pirates. Someone would pick them up.

You watch the radar. You figure that a response would be coming. A few hours pass with nothing showing up.

Then two dots appear. Moving fast.

You get to your feet. You have work to do.

Two fighters are coming in hot after the transport.What do you do?

A. [Heart of the Jungle] Call a flying beast from the jungle below to ride into battle.
B. Use your body to block their shots.
C. Throw yourself at them.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 04:14:24 pm by chubby2man »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2023, 04:26:29 pm »

A
A
A
A

Any opportunity to ride a dragon is an opportunity that should be taken.

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2023, 01:01:01 am »

Amogus
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8