Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars  (Read 16867 times)

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2022, 01:27:32 am »

Sabots
The old man places both hands onto the head of his cane and smiles in approval. "A positively superb idea! The local government would likely have some idea of where these worms could have come from."

Sabots stares at the worms for a few seconds before departing, his mind running over information he'd gathered so far. The burn marks lining the street were inconsistent with a burning mass hot enough to dry out the worms in such a short time. While both were indicative of high heat, the temperature ranges for each event didn't seem to quite add up. Sabots glanced around the street, taking in the streetlights hanging overhead. While this was clearly America, going off the accents, he didn't think Mr. Edison's bulbs had become quite this widespread yet, even in the man's own home country. Quietly, Sabots mutters to himself.

"Time travel. Time travel at least."

Closing his eyes in defeat, Sabots resolves to get just a bit more information before he leaves for the town hall.

"Tell me, young lady, before we go, are there any things that are common nowadays that roam the street burning hot enough to damage power poles and dry out living matter in an instant? It may seem a silly question, but in my days I've found one can never be sure with all these newfangled technologies about."

Depart for the Town Hall.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2022, 08:32:51 am »

The Church
"Hmm..."
The old man screws up his face in thought at Arturia's question.
"Well no I didn't see anyone strange last night, but there was this one fellow a few weeks ago.  Came in after the evening service wearing a long black coat, said something about being a traveler.  He said his prayers in peace then left, but he stuck with me as odd."

Town Hall
Osada, Alexandria, and Sabots all manage to make it into the hall just in time to hear the Mayor's rant echo down the hall, and walk up behind Dani & Joan and Velma as he's stepping out of his office.

The Bar
As Lyra pulls up the hatch there's....A person!  A scrawny middle aged man with greasy dark hair, he looks up with excitement at her.
"Thank God you saved me, I thought I was going to be stuck down here eating raw potatoes for a week!"
He starts climbing up the steep wooden steps out of the basement.
"I'm Dan, I own the ba- MY KITCHEN?!"
The man looks like he's about to drop to his knees at the sight of the tossed room.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2022, 11:12:16 am »

Arturia

"I see. Did anyone else talk to him? Seems like as good of a place as any to start." Mysterious black-robed strangers causing trouble? That was. . . almost stereotypical. But, it was worth looking into anyway. At minimum, it was a direction.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2022, 12:27:40 pm »

Lyra

Lyra raised her hands in a "don't shoot" kind of gesture. "Woah, woah, calm down! The kitchen was like this when we arrived. I'm Lyra, this is Scooby and Shaggy... What's your name? And how'd you get trapped down there, anyway?"

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2022, 11:45:54 pm »

The Church

"Well he was sitting next to Mr. and Mrs. Smith that evening.  They aren't very talkative, but I could see if they know anyth..."
He trails off and frowns as he stares out down the half-ruined road.
"I- I'm not actually sure where they are.  I haven't seen anyone but you folks and the Mayor since last night to be frank."

The Bar
"I'm Dan, I uhh I own the bar."
Dan walks over to a stack of tipped over containers and starts righting them, then some pans and utensils left nearby.
"The basement is a storm shelter, it looked pretty bad out so I decided to hide out.  Then I heard an awful crashing and shouting above the hatch, I thought for sure half the building had come down on me until I tried to open it and only saw the oven through the cracks."
By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2022, 11:58:08 pm »

Lyra

So he'd been hiding from a storm. Probably the one that they'd taken cover from earlier. "Does this happen often, Dan? The storms, I mean? And how have things been in this town as of late?"
She took a quick glance at Scooby and Shaggy, trying to prompt them to ask whatever questions they had. They were the more experienced investigators, after all.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2022, 08:50:28 am »

Martyr

"The mayor?" The only person up and about besides him seemed to be a decent place to start. "Where's he at? If he's the only one you've seen, he might have an idea where everyone else went."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2022, 10:07:19 pm »

"Perhaps you can assist me," Alexandria smiles at the mayor in what she intends as a disarming fashion, "I am an experienced electrical engineer, and I saw the blown transformers outside.  I am attempting to trace the cause of the malfunctions so as to begin repairs.  It sounds as if you may have had some investigating done?"
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2022, 09:19:44 pm »

Dani and Joan: Town Hall

Joan stood a bit behind Dani, letting her partner do the bulk of the talking for the pair. "Yeah, or could you at least tell us what's up? Looks like a natural disaster blew through but we haven't been able to get any weather reports since the radio went on the fritz."

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2022, 06:29:45 am »

The Church

"Oh he should be in the Townhall.  Said he was going to call the Fire Marshal to help clear the roads for folk and check something to do with a fire."

Dan's Bar

Dan crosses his arms and forces a sort of shrug.
"I guess?  Tornados tear through every few years, but they don't usually have crazy people ranting and raving through them."
Shaggy and Scooby are just now reentering the kitchen.  The latter climbing down from the former's arms to ask about Dan's statement.
"Razy people?"
"Yeah! I told Fred those corn fields we passed in Nebraska were suspicious.  I bet its the goblin people come to take their revenge on us for not paying tribute."
Dan begins to answer Scooby before coming to a full halt at Shaggy.
"Yeah they-  W-wai-what?  What the hell are you talking about?  Look I'm not sure what I saw, but this guy in a black coat was walking down the main road reading out of some book in the rain.  Something was off about him, I couldn't make out his face under his big hat and it sent a chill down my spine.  Next thing I knew people were walking out into the street, I don't know why and I didn't stick around to find out.  I ran to the shelter and closed it behind me."

Town Hall

The mayor furrows his brow and squints slightly at Alexandria as he closes the gap between himself and the party as to not need to shout.
"You're an engineer?  Right well I guess they'll let anybody work for the state these days.  The substation's behind the hall where we park the city vehicles.  It caught fire sometime during the storm, we only got power in here because of the backup generators."
He gestures down one of the hallways that leads to presumably the back door, then turns a gives Dani a bit of a withering look.
"Yeah well as you might've noticed one did blow through.  So much for clear skies 'till Monday.  I can't announce an official state of emergency without state approval, but as far as I'm concerned we're in one until further notice.  The church is the newest safest storm shelter in town so I approved Richardson to distribute the town's emergency supplies from there, food, water, etc.  If you need anything."
By the hands of power.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2022, 07:42:28 am »

So the disaster involved fire... troubling.

"Return to the subject of the hooded man. Can you recall the words of his prayers?" In Cicivexa's experience, false worship was often the root of widespread catastrophe. How and what did this probable enemy worship?
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2022, 11:46:36 pm »

Making sure his face isn't in view behind the backs of the far taller people surrounding him on all sides, Sabots frowns. This man clearly either knew very little about this situation. Still, he was the mayor, so, Sabots decided, he might know some things. Putting on his best "Weak old man" voice, Sabots walks into view of the mayor, taking care to exaggerate his limp. "Pardon me, young man, but do you know anything about all this dreadful dust that's been building up in town? I don't think I've seen anything quite like it in all my years."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2022, 12:16:30 am »

Dan's Bar

Lyra had definitely seen that guy before - just after exiting that cellar. For him to show up both before and after the storm... Was it really that simple? It couldn't be. Well, even if they had an identity, it wasn't exactly a face and name, and the team still had no clue where he (if he even was a he) could possibly be.
"Was there anything special about the book that you could see? Did you recognize any of the people who were walking out into the street? Was there anything unusual about them or the way they behaved? And... do you have any idea where they might be now? There weren't exactly a whole bunch of people out in the street when we arrived. In fact, besides one guy unloading water and a car belonging to a 'Douglas Chester'.

S-sorry about all the questions, Dan,"
Lyra added afterwards, a bit flustered, "but we're just about as confused as you are, and... I think I've seen the guy you mentioned before. Worries me."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2022, 12:45:13 am »

Martyr

The girl nodded. "Alright. I'll probably go try to talk to him, then?" She shifted as if to leave, then paused. "Unless you needed anything. I wouldn't mind helping out."
GM of Trespassers V2.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2022, 08:36:31 pm »

The Church

The man waves to Arturia as she goes to leave.
"Oh don't worry about me, I'll manage just fine."
Then he turns back and furrows his brow at Cicivexa's question.
"Well I can't rightly say I remember, memory isn't what it used to be you know?"

Dan's Bar

Dan scratches his head a shrugs with a frown.
"Well...not really, it look like it was leather bound I think?  Yeah they were all locals, people who came into the bar for lunch or beers during the week, not the kind of crazies I'd expect to run out in the middle of such an awful storm."
He rolls his eyes widely and lets out something between and sigh and a scoff.
"Doug.  Yeah he's the mayor, supposed to take care of town, but he's usually more concerned with making himself look good politically.  I think he wants to run for state governor or something."
He freezes, and gives Lyra a quick side eye.
"Hey uhh don't tell him I said that cool?  I'll have the health inspector up my ass for months if he catches wind of it."

Town Hall

"Yes Sir!"
The mayor takes a step past Alexandria as Sabots limps into view to speak with him.
"I think it's just some debris blown in from the storm last night, no cause for concern.  As soon as I can get Jerry on the line I'll have him down here with the plow to clear the road."
He clasps his hands together a looks over the motley group, almost shaking his head in bewilderment.
"Actually I'm about to go give the phone another try.  You're welcome to take a seat in my office if you'd like, there backup is running a window unit in there, just don't...touch anything."
He gestures to the open office door down the hall, and the small stand with a rotary dial phone on it across the hall.
By the hands of power.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19