Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars  (Read 16869 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2022, 03:24:43 pm »

Arturia

"Sorry, wasn't trying to sneak up on you. Uhh. . ." Arturia glanced around at the rest of the town, and the conspicuous lack of life and surplus of dust. "What happened with all this sand? Like, uh. . . it looks like this place has been abandoned for years, but I don't think that's the case?" She shrugs awkwardly. "I don't really know, I'm not really from around here."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2022, 06:06:31 pm »

Lyra

"Strange." The contractor turned back to the door, checking for any signs the place might be closed. "Do you think we should holler for someone to serve us, or...?"

Had most of the townsfolk fled the area? And had they left so quickly they hadn't switched off the jukebox?

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2022, 08:06:40 pm »

Osada

With their location finally reached, Osada was quick to get down to business. And by business, he meant wander the main streets as he took in the relatively uninteresting sight of what seemed to be an actual ghost town now, aside from the few people brave enough to come out to do their business. In a way, it was a bit eerie, just how quite things were. The sheer amount of dust was... Quite impressive, honestly.

And not normal. Osada doubted he could find anything that told him why there was so much dust blown into the city, to the point of blocking doorways, but there had to be something of note around.

Osada takes a look around the Mainstreet
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2022, 02:23:18 am »

"Young miss?  Oh, good sir, flattery will get you everywhere," Alexandria chuckles, "You're in Townville.  The founders had quite an abundance of creativity.  I am Alexandria.  We're helping to investigate...  Well, we're not entirely sure yet, but strange things are happening in this town and the surrounding area.  Wouldn't be investigation if we had all the answers."  Alexandria will move over towards the broken transformer as she talks to Sabots, and have a look.  Perhaps she can figure out what's wrong with it.  The locals would doubtlessly appreciate having the power back on, and the damage might shed light on what we're dealing with.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2022, 03:06:46 am »

Sabots
"A pleasure to make your acquaintance! My name is Sabots. When you say strange things, do you mean of the sort that includes people appearing out of nowhere to find themselves here, or are you merely referring to these abominable piles of dust that seem to be littering the street? Because in either event, I do love a good mystery, though I will admit the first is slightly more relevant to myself." With a calm, measured movement, Sabots turns around to get a good look at the scene as he talks, eyes lingering on the dust piles and the empty streets.
"This place has perhaps a bit too much infrastructure for how quiet it is. Do you suppose it's some variety of religious holiday or event that would require people elsewhere, or..."
As he speaks, Sabots crouches to the ground to get closer to one of the dust piles, which he sticks his finger in, before bringing it up to his nose and taking a light sniff. "Do you think something else may have happened to the people of this town?"
Take a small sniff of the dust piles. What do they smell like?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2022, 02:55:06 pm »

Dani and Joan

With the others splitting off, Dani and Joan had a short "conversation" of the former pointing at the town hall and being met with a shrug from the latter, before walking in, the meister activating his Soul Perception to check for any signs of life besides the nerd that already went in.

Dani and Joan enter Town Hall.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2022, 10:57:10 pm »

The Church
Father Richardson nodded to Cicivexa and reached out to shake his hand.
"Good to meet you C-...Ci-....Young Man."
He gives an awkward smile before turning to answer Arturia's question with a head scratch.
"Well it's a quiet little town, but no not usually this quiet.  It's the strangest thing, I got a call telling me to head to the Church and prepare the tornado shelter.  By the time I got here the storm was already rolling in, only Doug made it here before we lost power.  I...don't really know where anyone else went."
Fred steps over to the truck and takes the case of water.
"Let me grab this."

The Bar
As Shaggy opens his mouth to reply(and fill it with peanuts) a sudden banging on wood in the back room causes him to freeze in place.  A faint shouting accompanies the banging.
"Let me outta here!"
Shaggy slowly peers back at the door to the backroom, shaking as he did.
"G-g-g-g-ghost?!"

Townhall

Dani sees only one other person in the building, a human sitting in a desk further into the government office.  As he, Joan, and Velma step into the main hallway though they can hear a voice from the Mayor's office.
"Jerry is that you?  Damnit man you're late and I've been trying to reach you for hours!  We had a fire in the substation, looks like it melted down because of y-"
The mayor at this point had just opened the door and stepped out, realizing he wasn't talking to who he thought he had been.
"Riiight...Uhh can I help you with anything?"

Mainstreet

Alexandria's examination of the transformer tells her it looks like it was hit by a power surge that overloaded it.  Based on the powerlines and burn patterns she'd say the surge came from the high voltage side, behind the Townhall.

The dust smells like, well, dirt.  But Sabots detects something else while sifting through it.  Buried just an inch or so under the dust are dozens of dead worms and maggots.  All baked alive and desiccated by the hot and dry environment.

Osada's wanderings eventually bring him to a power pole at the T where the main street splits off to the rest of town.  The pole shows three round burn marks about four inches across and that gouge nearly an inch into the wood.  A shred of singed black fabric it caught on a nail near the base of the pole, above the level of the dust.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2022, 11:15:48 pm »

Cicivexa tried to hide his aggravation at the priest's inability to get his name straight, and resumed his questions. "Given you have plans and preparations for this, I assume this area is not a stranger to storms like this?"

Cicivexa looked towards one of the piles of dust, and adjusted his "glasses" by the corner, activating the Kanohi Akaku, and scanning through the dust (relying on his 17 Intelligence in the event of a stat check).
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2022, 12:13:30 am »

Sabots reaches into the dirt with little fanfare, pulling out one of the worms with an a slight shakiness that almost looks like it stems from lack of practice. Holding it in front of his face, he speaks once again. "Fascinating. These dirt piles are positively chock-full of worms! This is America, correct? Perhaps a tornado swept over some poorly-tended farmland and swept away the topsoil into this town! Or... perhaps there's something else afoot! I'll admit I've heard of rains of frogs and toads in my time, though I don't know of any creatures that would do it on their own off the top of my head. Perhaps there's a coven of witches in the area the locals have made angry? Either way, it's strange how desiccated these creatures are. I was under the impression that agricultural pests were of the sort to be able to survive a little bit of a drought, but this one is positively baked dry! It may not hurt to try to see if any locals might know where creatures like these might've lived. All this stuff must've come from somewhere, after all."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2022, 12:22:16 am »

Lyra

Someone trapped? Lyra rushed over to the door, opening it quickly. Only afterwards did she think about whether Shaggy had a point - this was another world, she couldn't assume anything. But she'd already opened the door.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2022, 08:11:39 am »

The Church

Cicivexa's investigation reveals something similar to what Sabots found, a series of desiccated worms buried a few inches from the surface.  Though the advantage of the Kanohi is that it reveals the paths the worms took as the dove under the soil.  Something brought the worms here somehow, only for them to shrivel up and die with alarming speed.

"Well we may not be in tornado alley, but we get a might few twisters here from time to time.  We built the church to act as a storm shelter."

The Bar

Pushing past Shaggy into the back room Lyra makes a somewhat alarming discovery.  A series of circular burned patches dot the room and much of the cookery and supplies have been tossed as if a struggle happened.  There is a hatch in the wooden floor presumably leading down from the small kitchen into some sort of basement where the shouting and pounding are coming from, but someone or something has pulled the stove off the wall and drug it over the hatch to block it.  Lyra could probably move it.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2022, 09:58:35 am »

"I see." Arturia pauses, turning the situation over in her head. Investigation wasn't really in her database of experience, and the brushes she had with it weren't something she cared to remember. She was oddly still as she tried to sort out the next direction logically. The storm sounded like it had rolled in at improbable speed, and some of the details didn't feel like they quite lined up right. "That doesn't really sound like natural weather behavior. . . um, did you see anyone weird walking around town before you left?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2022, 08:14:00 pm »

Osada

It took a little but, but eventually, Osada came across something that caught his attention. Namely a series of burn marks upon a wooden pole, coupled with a piece of fabric stuck on one of the pole's nails. For a brief moment, the swordmaster traced the edges of the gauged markings, briefly wondering what could've caused such a thing before ultimately plucking the fabric off of the nail, spinning on his foot and making his way to the Townhall. He wasn't much of a detective, but perhaps one of the gang would figure something out with what he had found. All Osada could do was pick out some small details.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2022, 07:18:47 pm »

Lyra

Lyra just dashed to the stove and pushed it out of the way, then opened the hatch. As she did, she got her wrench ready, just in case it was some kind of trick.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2022, 06:11:51 pm »

"It is worth asking," Alexandria nods to Sabots, "Perhaps someone over at the town hall may know?  Or perhaps there's a library in town?  Either way, I think I'll be heading towards the Town Hall.  It looks like the power surge that overloaded this transformer came from that direction.  There may be clues to find, and even if there aren't getting the power back on would surely help the locals quite a bit."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19