Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars  (Read 16863 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2021, 03:09:58 pm »

Arturia was quiet for a few moments as she considered the man's comments. "If it's an ambush hunter, don't we want to give it the least amount of time to prepare possible?" She looked like she was about to continue, then glanced down at her chest, and thought better of it. She didn't stick out in a crowd quite as badly as she usually did. . . though, with her luck, she'd just be back to the normal amount of unwanted attention.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2021, 07:13:36 pm »

Alexandria shrugs philosophically, taking a hit from the blunt and looking at it with mild disappointment when it doesn't do anything much to her, "If they locate and confront us, that cuts out a lot of trouble for us, right?  If they don't, it's business as usual.  Besides, even with our current status, we will definitely stick out in a crowd.  Hiding ourselves is unlikely to work, so why not let them come to us, if there are any hostile individuals around?"
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2021, 02:57:34 am »

Shaggy tilts his head back and forth thinking at Lyra's continued questions.
"It might know you're here, it might also still be wrapping its head around linear time, hehehe."

Scooby pipes up to answer Arturia's.
"Ron't ralk into raps.  Reep it rooving."

For a few seconds Alexandria does indeed feel little-to-nothing from the hit, long enough for her to contemplate and finish her words before the drug actually hits.  Her sensors and data bank suddenly slide into overdrive while her perception makes the world slow to even more of a crawl.  A feeling like being hit with Haste and Slow at the same time crept over her while the magic of the drug fed a patchy stream of information impossible for her sensors to have ever detected.
She sees a vision of bodies adrift frozen in space, a shooting star streaking across the night sky, a letter being placed in a mailbox, and the sound of rain on a tin roof at night, only for lightning to strike and reveal nothing but worms falling.  Then the segment ends in darkness.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2021, 01:46:35 pm »

"Either way, the sooner we get this dealt with, the better." Arturia glanced about at the rest of the group, vision lingering on Alexandria as she watched the woman's range of reactions to the drugs. "Anyone, uh, have any other questions? I know there's some weird time freeze stuff going on but it still feels a little like we're dragging our feet."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2021, 02:20:58 pm »

Dani had contemplated taking a hit, but the fact the smoke was purple was plenty reason for him to decide side with his usual reluctance to smoke. Besides, it would mess with his focus, and that's one thing he'd need if his hunch was right... Just to confirm though, he turned back to "Shaggy". "So the target is hiding... I take it they probably can cloak their presence from magical forms of vision then? Something like what you've got going on?"

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2021, 04:18:22 am »

"Whoa," Alexandria takes a second look at the blunt, smiling, "Delayed reaction.  Nice.  I can dig how you let your guard down before it hits.  Does this stuff give you magic visions, or just normal visions?  I saw...  Someone frozen in outer space, a falling star, an envelope being delivered, and worms falling from the sky.  Not all of that matches what was shared about the events that led Shaggy and his crew to this manor, but enough does to make me suspicious..."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2021, 09:00:34 am »

Shaggy squints and furrows his brow, twisting a smile at Alexandria's question like it was painfully obvious.
"Magic duh.  Why would I have offered if I didn't think it would help?  Picked it up from these four armed blue guys on one of my trips, they liked it well enough."
He takes the bong back and taps the smoldering ash before taking another hit, coughing slightly as the purple smoke starts going white towards the end.  He nods at Dani's question as he lets out the last puff.
"You could say that.  This world seems to lend itself towards masks.  Like look at yourselves!"
He throws his hands out to gesture at the party in their "disguised" state.
"You can hardly tell she's a robot, those two are from futures, or that you're from some different timeline."
He points out Alexandria, Arturia and Liliya, and Dani and Joan in order.
"But she's got a point-" He points back at Arturia again, then lets out a wide yawn, "And it's nap-time for the Shagster."
As he puts his hands up and closes his eyes that sound of the engine slowly fades back, the shaking and bumping of the rough road, and the small talk from the front seat.  The small talk cuts off abruptly though as the Mystery Machine rounds a corner and Daphne lets out a shocked gasp.  Fred tilts his head back slightly to address the back.
"Hey uhh Gang you might wanna look at this."
Sure enough anyone who sits up to look out the window would see the one-street downtown of your average mid-western nameless town.  Except for the large dunes of dust blown up against businesses and shops and covering small swathes of road, the blown transformer off one of the powerlines, or eerie stillness and lack of any real amount of people around.  Only three buildings seem to actually have power, a large governmental building obviously the Townhall, a Church towards the end of the street with an older man in a suit attempting to unload water from the back of his truck, and a building on the block with a sign reading "Dan's Bar", it's door open and half-blocked with dust.  Most all of the other building are quiet and or blocked by dust and debris.  A few dust covered cars litter the sides of the street, but Fred pulls up to one of the more empty lots in front of Townhall and beside another relatively clean car.
"Well this is it, pile out I guess."
"And somebody wake Shaggy, I can hear him snoring."
Scooby takes the responsibility of gently smacking Shaggy with his paw until he wakes up.
By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2021, 03:07:29 pm »

Lyra stepped out the van and looked at the sand-clogged town. "I'm... going to assume this isn't normal." She pulled out her wrench anyway. Better safe than sorry, after all.

The relatively dust-free car next to them caught her attention, and Lyra moved over, looking over the license plate, and then checking what could be seen from the outside. If this car was relatively clean, that suggested that someone from the outside had come in, too - and that might be someone worth asking a few questions to. Lyra just hoped their target couldn't see through masks as well as Shaggy could.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2021, 04:52:54 pm »

"Future. . . ?" She looked at Liliya questioningly, if only because she was the other one pointed out. "I guess relative to someone like Utzi I am, but this place doesn't really seem that far behind the time I'm from." The knight shook her head. The question was going to sit in the back of her head and bother her for a while, but there was the matter of a suddenly-ghost town to look over.

She hefted herself out of the vehicle, absentmindedly touching one hand to her chest as she glanced around. Spotting someone living and doing something, she hurried her way towards him, raising her hand to wave him down. "Hey! Uh, sorry to bother you, but could I ask you something?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2022, 10:59:16 pm »

"I wouldn't know for sure, but I don't think this level of dust contamination is healthy for organic life forms," Alexandria observes, "The transmission station I am sure is not supposed to be damaged like that.  Something's not right here.  Let's go have a look around and see if the bystanders have seen anything."

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2022, 11:59:46 pm »

Lyra's examination reveals an older style convertible in an off-white color with just a few stains of sand around the wheel wells and in the foot compartments.  The top is down and she can see some campaign fliers stuck out the opening of a documents bag on the passenger's seat.  The fliers read "Douglas Chester for Mayor reelection." in bold red, white, and blue patterns.  The license plate reads CHST-0R, with the state name in smaller letters and the word "vanity plate" in even smaller letters on one corner.

Arturia's sudden question causes the old man to gasp and practically jump out of his skin, nearly dropping the case of water.   He does manage to steady himself on the tailgate of the truck though, before he take s a few labored breaths to straighten himself up.
"Don't scare me like that!"
He gives her a suspicious look for a second before settling on something and continuing.
"Oh you're with those new kids aren't you?  Franklin's nephew right?  I'm Father Richardson.  Glad to see you kids are okay."

Fred looks around for a moment at the town and nods as Alexandria finishes.
"Right gang, we should split up!  Velma why don't you go talk to the Mayor and see what's going on, Daphne and I will go to the Church, and Scooby and Shaggy you should go see if you can find anything to eat at the bar."
He scratches the back of his neck looking at the rest of the crew from the ship.
"The rest of you can go wherever you want I guess."

Daphne, Fred, and Arturia are now in the [Church] area.
Shaggy and Scooby-doo are now in the [Bar] area.
Velma is now in the [Townhall] area.
Everyone else is in the [Mainstreet] area.
Feel free to move around and explore, in the new areas or out in the street.
By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2022, 01:41:59 am »

Some kind of leader, presumably. Lyra took a few steps back - wouldn't do to be caught eyeing up someone else's stuff out in the open like this.

Also wouldn't do to just wander the town aimlessly, so she turned to follow Scooby and Shaggy. Getting a bite to eat sounded good, though... She checked her pockets. If she didn't have any money she might have to ask Shaggy to pay. She didn't like that, but needs must. Whether she got a meal or not, she figured information tended to flow through places where food and drink were served, so she might pick something up there, too.

Lyra heads to the [Bar] area.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2022, 02:32:29 pm »

The Bar

As Lyra, Shaggy, and Scooby approach the bar the faint sound of a jukebox can be heard playing an upbeat tune somewhere deeper inside.  A shallow pile of dust and sand "pools" around the door and flows into the small rectangle building with the wind.  The long side of the rectangle faces the street, with the actual liquor bar on the opposite side and the rest of the room filled with tables and chairs.  The lights are on, and there are two doors on the back wall, one labeled "Restroom" and the other "Employees Only".
"Well zoinks looks like nobodies home."
Scooby wanders over to a dish on the corner of the bar and pulls himself up on his hind legs, sniffing around until he locates the shallow bowl of peanuts and crunches a few down.
"Roo reanuts Raggy!"

Somewhere Beyond

Sabots wakes up with a pounding headache and the drained feeling of being nearly out of mana.  His vision was dark a blurred and the...space he was in was poorly lit.  Two men in dark obscuring coats leaned over him discussing something.
"I found him drifting between.  What do you want me to do with him?"
As the first spoke the second man took a puff off a pipe before responding.
"Probably the meteor storm interfering.  Drop him with the rest of them."
The first man bends down to lift Sabots off the ground and pauses as he realizes Sabots is waking up.  The second man lets out another puff of smoke, acrid but sweet, and effective at knocking Sabots out again.

Mainstreet

The next thing Sabots remembers is waking up in the metal interior of the Mystery Machine.  Notably looking like a human no less.  He was an old man, glasses, brown tweed suit, and goat-head cane to complete the look.  He was also wearing a simple prosthetic leg on his left side.
By the hands of power.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2022, 02:57:03 pm »

Cicivexa approached Father Richardson, and offered a hand. "Glad to meet you. The name is Cicivexa Vivivexa. I assume you're in charge of this church?" Despite appearances, Cicivexa was himself an ordained priest in his home reality (a path in life he took exclusively to study his order's destructive funeral rite magicks), so he figured that despite the inevitable differences, if anyone could pick up anything useful it was him.
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2022, 03:16:46 pm »

Sabots
Sabots was no stranger to waking up in strange places that smelled strongly of medicinal herbs. Indeed, he was no stranger to being polymorphed out of his normal form. What was new and exciting, however, was everything else about the situation. Most of the time when he woke up in a state like this, it was after participating in some ritual of some far-flung tribe or biting off more than he could chew in the documentation of a dragon. Instead, the only memory that sprung to mind about how he got where he was were two men standing over him and claiming they found him wandering. The room he found himself in was strange, too. It's walls and floors were metal, and several seats lay in front of him, facing a strange panel of mechanical controls.
"I say, this is quite puzzling indeed."
The old man mutters to no on in particular, as he unsteadily makes his way to his feet.
Looking out the window of the box, he sees several people mulling about outside. Taking longer to figure out how to open the door of the Mystery Machine than he'd ever admit, Sabots steps onto Main Street, where he spots a large woman with silver hair. Slowly hobbling his way over, he glances up to speak.
 "Excuse me, young miss. Do you happen to know where we are? I appear to be rather lost."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19