Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars  (Read 16865 times)

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2021, 06:28:29 am »

Osada

"Ah, so you folk did handle the candles. That's one false alarm down and done with" Osada stated, immediately tossing out his idea as the two finally left the cellar and rejoined the others, the wandering swordsman walking around the great room while the others spoke to each other. It didn't seem like there was much else to this room, or house for that matter, but there could always be a missing detail that people had glossed over.

... But he could wait on doing a proper search for those. He didn't want to interrupt people's desire for food.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2021, 12:03:24 pm »

Arturia

"If that's the case, I'm with Shaggy here. Although, uh. . ." Arturia patted at what pockets she had, expression becoming rather shy and awkward. "I didn't exactly get a chance to made sure I had money for snacks on this trip. When was the last time I ate. . . ?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2021, 01:57:20 pm »

Velma tapped her chin at Alexandria's mention of what she saw.
"I don't recognize that description, be it's suspicious to say the least."
"A man in weird clothes out in a freak storm doesn't seem that far off the normal creeps we bust."

Cicivexa finds the dust ring in the Great Room to be a large rectangle that matches the description of a TV.  In the Office he finds a few more complex "rings" on the empty desk.  One rectangle to the right, a round ring in the middle, and soft wear marks at the front edge of the desk.
(Tech familiar characters would recognize the description as a computer setup)

The books left are largely mundane and uninteresting.  There are a few religious texts relating to a "Holy Bible", some historical books on "World Wars" and a few other subjects, a few maintenance manuals dated between "1928-62" they look to be for complex agricultural machines, there are a few books on physics, chemistry, and astronomy.  There is also one shelf full of books describing things and places more familiar to him or more like some of the descriptions he's gotten from his companions, though they miss in specifics by a wide margin.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2021, 04:30:02 pm »

Alexandria will follow Cicivexa through the office, both to help with tech support if he needs it, and also to stand between the wizard and anything that looks dangerous.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 08:14:31 pm by DragonRage »
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2021, 09:03:53 pm »

Lyra

"Hm... Well, I guess when we're in town, one thing we should ask about is this 'F.C.S.' person. As for the mysterious figure..." Lyra shook her head. "I'm pretty sure I've seen someone wearing a coat like that before. In the meantime... well, it can't hurt to look around a little more."

Unless anyone decides they should go to the town, Lyra decides to poke her head into the tiny bathroom to see if there's anything unusual in there.

Opera House Smee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2021, 10:10:52 pm »

Kino and Enma

The storm having cleared and new companions found, the group had gone on in search for the paranormal...though the sisters themselves could be considered such.

Having been newly led to the office, the books were what stood out to Kino over the dust rings dotted about the choky atmosphere. Even dating years past, books were a familiar concept to Kino, though she could see that they were also far more illustrated than what she and her sister had been allowed to be exposed to as nuns. Part of her youthful innocence itched to have a look, though the ominous circumstances made her resist the idea.

"Are we allowed to examine these?" Kino asked as she pointed at the books on the shelves, addressing Velma, whom she instinctively found would be the most comfortable to talk to. "Perhaps there may be something of note among the pages, unfamiliar as I am to the cultures and books of this world."

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2021, 12:25:14 am »

The House

"I don't recognize the name, but we'll keep a look out for it.  Maybe we could ask the Mayor or someone at the Postoffice, I'm sure they'd know."

Looking over the bathroom the weirdest things Lyra notices are a shag toilet seat cover in a jagged white and black stripe pattern and a number of new cans of compressed "Hair product" that she's pretty sure the chemicals listed are both highly flammable and atmospherically corrosive.

Alexandira helps reveal the cause of the dust marks to Cicivexa.

Velma shrugs at Kino's question.
"Sure I guess, if you think they'll be useful.  They aren't exactly rare or anything."

Once everyone makes it back to the Great Room Fred makes a sort of announcement.
"Alright gang we're going to head into town to pickup some breakfast and investigate the situation with the house and letter more.  You guys are welcome to ride in the back with Shaggy and Scoob if you want, I'm sure there will be enough room."

Shaggy stands up at the mention of food and gestures to Scooby sitting on the couch.
"Go get the stuff Scoob."
"The rack ripe Raggy?"
Shaggy gets a look of disbelief and stares at Scooby for a second.
"We've got guests man, what do you think?"
"Reed it is den."
"Hey and don't forget the hooka this time!
Shaggy shouts a Scooby as he trots to the back room and comes back with a backpack.

The Mystery Machine

Sure enough with a bit of corralling after Fred, Velma, and Daphne climb into the front seat the first few people follow Shaggy and Scooby into the back of the van filling it up.  But with a bit of urging from Shaggy to "Scooch down a bit." and "Sit a little closer together" everyone, miraculously, fits in the van.

As Fred pulls out of the driveway he comes to a stop by the mailbox and postwoman filling it.  He rolls down the window and their conversation is hard to hear, but he shows her the letter and they exchange pleasantries before he rolls the window back up and turns to the back of the van.
"She said she didn't recognize the initials or handwriting, but she did deliver the letter a while back."

The trip towards town starts pretty smoothly, the roads are old with only the occasional hill or farm to twist around.  After a while the front seat gets kinda quiet and the road noise and bumps fade away.  Shaggy opens up the backpack and pulls out a baggie of somewhat crushed green plant material and something glittering blue.  He loads the hooka with a generous portion and lights it.  He takes a couple deep puffs off of it and exhales thick purple smoke towards the top of the cabin with a single long "Groovy"

He passes the hooka to Scooby who takes a puff and exhales more purple smoke through his nose, then pulls out a what looks like a baby wipe to clean the rim.
"I bet you've got a lot of questions like 'Why are we here?' or 'Who am I?' well feel free to ask, we've got all the time in the universe."
He leans back against the wall of the van, any hint of sound or vibration from the engine and outside world gone by this point.
"And like feel free to take a hit man, just remember to puff puff pass."
By the hands of power.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2021, 11:45:53 am »

Arturia side-eyed Shaggy as he took his hit. She wasn't exactly unaware of this kind of thing, but the knight hadn't quite expected this to just sort of happen. Not that she held it against the man (except perhaps the irritation the smoke caused her nose;) she was just certain that any kind of substances she tried to use would make matters worse. "Uh. . . I guess first question is why your dog can talk? I can't say I've ever seen that. . . well, not really." She scratched at the spot on her head the ears of Vi-Ra-Nor normally occupied.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2021, 04:11:43 pm »

Lyra tried not to frown too hard at Shaggy's drug use. She was pretty sure investigations went better when the investigators had a clear mind... Then again, a lot of those private eyes had their own vices, so she supposed it was wrong of her to think less of Shaggy for the ones he had. Ignoring the smell of smoke (she'd smelled much worse in her time), Lyra followed up on Martyr's own question. "That reminds me, we never did get much info on who you folks were, or what roles on the team each of you played, exactly. Could you tell us more about that?"

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2021, 10:06:00 am »

Shaggy raises an eyebrow at Arturia's question and Scooby answers himself.

"rI'm just a raverage rog writ a 'uman rike mind."

"The poor speech is entirely from the way his mouth is shaped."
Shaggy adds in addendum.  He blinks and tries not to roll his eyes at Lyra's question.
"Like Norville 'Shaggy' Rogers and his friends are a ground of paranormal debunking PIs.  But you go digging for the supernatural long enough and you find something you might not like.   Shaggy was a compatible willing vessel that wouldn't fry in a few seconds even with my powers dormant.  I've been laying low since an incident with the time-cops a while back, big misunderstanding but they don't really care ha-HA!"
He takes another puff, blowing the smoke up and away.
"Look man I know why you're here and if I could turn the space-squid into calamari without alerting every cop in ten millennia and fifty planes I would.  Just do'n this is a bit of a risk, but the kind of red tape that follows sanctioned groups like you around makes small power disturbances tough to track."
By the hands of power.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2021, 10:53:16 am »

Osada

"So you're some kind of phantasmal spirit inhabiting a human body? I'd ask if it's like a... What was it called, Pseudo-Servant, but I don't think that applies in this situation" Osada commented as he brought up a hand, brushing away some of the purple smoke, "Still, it's rather surprising. I came to the conclusion that your group was just a bunch of regular folk, aside from the dog, obviously."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2021, 03:50:30 pm »

"I, uh, see." She supposed this wasn't too odd. It wasn't unlike Layla and Lilith, though it didn't seem like there was any risk of. . . Don't think about that. The girl froze for a moment, a subtle change in her mannerisms that lasted for only an instant as she emotionally reset herself. "So basically, we're supposed to follow these guys and then kill whatever we get pointed at?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2021, 05:03:18 pm »

Lyra wasn't really sure what to make of that reveal - but she figured that if he wasn't going to reveal the team's true nature, she shouldn't reveal his. "So, what's your take on the situation? We, uh, couldn't really find much more than that letter from "F.C.S.". Have you come up with anything we might've missed?"

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2021, 05:35:47 am »

Shaggy nods at Osada's comment and then shrugs at Arturia's.

"Sure, if that's what you wanna do.  But remember they live in four lousy dimensions.  Their minds haven't been-" He raises his fingers to his temples and mocks an explosion, "Opened like yours have.  They'll be able to find clues, but it's up to you to figure out what they mean."

He leans back at Lyra's question, staring at the ceiling of the van for long enough she wasn't sure if he was thinking or completely lost until he answered.
"I think it's like, an ambush hunter.  Put it in a corner and it won't be able to fight its way out.  Move too soon and...-" He smacks his lips together, "Baaad trip man."
By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2021, 12:34:26 am »

For a moment, Lyra considered questioning whether Shaggy truly was willing. But that wasn't what they were here to deal with. Besides what was Lyra going to do, anyway? Hit him over the head with a wrench?

Lyra tried to discard the thought and move on to the more pressing matter of their target. What "Shaggy" said about their foe didn't sound good at all. "So on top of finding our target, we also need to make sure we don't reveal ourselves to them?" Lyra glanced around nervously. "How do we do that? If they're pretending to be one of the town's residents or something and we ask after the house or 'F.C.S.' we're definitely going to get noticed. Void, the fact that you set off with five and returned with almost thrice that would already raise eyebrows..."

The contractor put a hand over her face. Already Lyra was wishing she'd gone with Mitsu or went somewhere she'd be more useful. But this was where she'd chosen to go, so she'd just have to try her best.

Assuming, of course, she didn't make things even worse.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19