Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars  (Read 16859 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars
« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2023, 01:58:57 pm »

Martyr takes a moment to cease heaving before she holds the book out toward the local magic experts. "I think he was trying to banish whatever weird thing showed up, and it uh. It didn't appreciate it very much. The mayor's involved, too."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 02, 2023, 04:00:33 pm »

After doing a quick sweep of the area for any threats, Lyra looked through the mess of papers, then had a glance at the computer monitor.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 03, 2023, 10:44:00 am »

Fire House - Second Floor

Two notable things crop up in the papers and Lyra rummages through, firstly a small stack of papers clipped together detailing divorce proceedings.  From the look of them a one "Fredrick Gerald Samson" is initiating a divorce from his wife "Pam Anabelle Samson", the reason for the divorce is listed as adultery.  The second thing she finds are several strewn papers from a police report, looks like Fred's "Uncle" died of "Exsanguination through Lightning Strike" and Father Richardson was the one who found him.  There's only one picture from the scene, the body is covered off to the side and in the middle of this field is a large circle not unlike the one downstairs, intricately built from hundreds of pebbles.

Moving to the computer Lyra wakes it up and is presented with a screen asking of login credentials for the user account "Jerry".
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 05, 2023, 03:52:19 am »

Sakura

"Did you find anything of interest?" Sakura asked, looking over Lyra's shoulder to see that the computer required a password. "Of course. Would've been too easy otherwise..."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 05, 2023, 10:20:12 pm »

Lyra moved over to a window and called out "Alexandria? You've got the most technical knowledge out of all of us, right? We found a computer with a password lock! Username 'Jerry'!"

Moving back to the others and showing them the notes she found, Lyra mused, "Wonder if this Pam is still around.

Also, as someone who's used electricity before, it generally does not exsanguinate people before killing them. So... that's odd."

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 06, 2023, 03:13:12 am »

"This computer should be unable to offer much opposition to me," Alexandria moves up to help Lyra, "I imagine the human equivalent to this would be bullying a monkey, but ah, needs must.  Let us see what secrets this Jerry has attempted to conceal in his computer..."

Alexandria will use her Drive-Cracker trick to attempt to gain access to the contents of this computer.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #231 on: April 06, 2023, 05:56:59 am »

Arturia belatedly realized that none of the local magic experts were actually on the floor with her. With a sheepish look, she called out. "Cicivexa? Sakura? I found something!"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 10, 2023, 06:12:02 am »

Sakura made her way back down as she heard Martyr shout for help from somebody more inclined with Magic and it's applications. She came down to the same level as Arturia to look at the book she held out for her and the magical ritual that supposedly took place.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 12, 2023, 09:16:48 pm »

Fire House - Garage
Giving the circle in question a glance and the pages around it a quick read Sakura finds it smacks of a summoning circles and reversing it could potentially banish whatever it summoned.  She also notices there's reference made to a special amulet that binds the summon, giving the summoner control, the same way some magic circles might contain a summoned Demon.  Trying to summon or banish it without that would be a sure way to get yourself killed as there would be no reason for the creature not to fight back.

Velma looks up from taking pictures and notes and scratches her head.
"I can't imagine anything capable of doing something like this."
Daphne recoils in disgust and gags as she comes around the corner with Fred, while Shaggy and Scooby stop just out of view.
"Like, Scoob and I are gonna see if there's any foul play in the kitchen."

The security on this computer isn't really any better or different from the one in the Mayor's office, making it a piece of cake for Alexandria to extract all relevant information.  The first thing she finds is in the email list, it seems "Jerry" the Fire Marshal was the same mysterious F.G.S. you've seen on previous paperwork and the email list, which means he was the one in cohorts with Fred's "Uncle" and the Mayor.  The next thing she finds is a series of emails with a divorce attorney, according to them Jerry and his wife, Pam, had a falling out and were living separated while he was getting ready for a divorce.  Jerry strongly suspected Pam was having an affair with the Mayor specifically.

The last thing of note she finds is an extra block of hardware under the desk that isn't part of the computer, it's a recording device hooked into a CCTV network.  The tapes inside are still running when she finds them letting her rewind and play them back.  From it Alexandria sees the last few hours of Jerry's life while he sets up the circle as an unnatural storm rages outside.  Just before dawn he begins the ritual and the candles flare, a few minutes in there's a brilliant flash of light as something comes in through the ceiling.  When the light fades Jerry is crumpled on the ground where you all found him and a figure in a dark coat and broad black hat is standing over him.  The figure takes a moment to adjust themselves before slowly walking out of the building, leaving a trail of slime and writhing worms in their wake.  Hours of nothing follows before all of you show up and head inside by various moments until Alexandria reaches the very end of the tapes where The Gang heads inside and she sees only a scant few frames of the same figure with the hat walking towards the building from the street.
By the hands of power.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 13, 2023, 02:17:28 am »

Cicivexa was able to catch the video feed before returning to Martyr. Aside from the foreign ritual, he was shocked by how... standard the scenario now was. A Voidsent-comparible being was summoned and is on the loose. It needs be banished to whence it came from. It was somehow comfortably horrifying. Or... perhaps only horrifying, if the ending was what he thought it was...

"Alexandria... I lack familiarity with these machines, but that is supposed to depict the recent past with accuracy, yes...?"

Not a moment later, he began scanning the building once more, starting at the entrance and tracing any possible paths it might have taken.

"Stay alert. Alert the others. We are not safe until proven otherwise..."
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #235 on: April 13, 2023, 07:04:58 am »

"Okay, so we need to track down this amulet. Anyone see any weird trinkets in the mayor's office?" Arturia asked. "I doubt it's here, otherwise the fire marshal would probably ne more talkative."
GM of Trespassers V2.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 14, 2023, 04:26:45 pm »

Fire House - Garage

While Daphne recovers Fred takes a second to read over Sakura's shoulder and raises an eyebrow at her and Martyr.
"You don't actually think there was?...This has to be some kind of extravagant hoax right?"
Velma walks over to put her camera away and takes a quick look at the book herself before shrugging.
"If the victim believed it then it was real enough for the killer to use it against them."

As soon as Cicivexa activates his mask and starts scanning the entrance of the building he finds his target.  The figure seems to be stopped about a dozen paces from the entrance, or about three or four from the Mystery Machine, out in the open.  They simply stand there, motionless and ominous, hands folded behind their back.  Seemingly waiting for you all to encounter them.

Scanning the rest of the building reveals no new changes or activity, aside from the Gang making it inside moments before the figure approached.
By the hands of power.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 16, 2023, 03:19:41 pm »

"Well, all this scandal is interesting," Alexandria hefts her hammer and turns towards the doorway, "But the simple solution is usually the best.  Let's just go out there and take this obvious Trespasser down."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 16, 2023, 04:09:32 pm »

Most unsettling. Is it letting us buy time out of pride? Or to create a false sense of security? Cicivexa studied the surroundings (in particular, the building's entrance), before heading towards the stairs. "Gather in the ritual room, with the others. Our quarry awaits us as soon as we leave this building, and we needs must form a plan of action."

Upon returning to the garage, Cicivexa slammed his 'cane' into the cold floor twice, in an attempt to gather attention. "Companions. Collect your nerves. I have confirmed that our inhuman quarry stands just outside of our carriage, and appears to be waiting for us. We likely are not leaving the area of this building before the final confrontation."

He then began to examine the book that Martyr requested him for. "This tome purports to be about... botany? On my star, I read of foreign botanists turning to voidsent out of desperation, but not in the aim of... improving harvests. Then I suppose it is at fault for not only the worms, but our mysterious lightning storm..."

He began explaining what his party found upstairs, both in the documents and the machine's images. That the cause of the worms was a demon or demon-adjacent entity ("...for what minimal meaning that concept carries in our context..."), summoned with the involvement of the Uncle, the Mayor, and Frederick Gerald "Jerry" Samson (who had probable motive against... the mayor? The auricular parasite had to be tied up in this plot, but these spats were not in his paygrade). The demon's arrival and destruction was marked by a flash of lightning, with the initial summoning killing the Uncle several weeks ago, and the failed banishing killing F.G.S. and marking the catastrophe of this past night.

"That window of time tells me that this demon possesses patience; that makes it incredibly dangerous. But if this 'amulet' that binds it was involved in this summoning, it has not been used as of late. The failure of banishing tells me it is not in this building. Unless someone inexplicably happens to already carry it in our possession, Two plans come to mind. Either one of us manages to sneak out to the hospital, interrogate the mayor on this amulet (if he is capable of speaking on the matter), and locate it... or we fortify, and we ambush this smallfolk-drunk abomination where it stands."
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 16, 2023, 04:19:20 pm »

"Well good thing that Angels aren't the only thing I'm good at kicking out of our reality." Sakura proclaimed, getting her parasol ready (which meant that she put it on as one would with a regular parasol)

"If we're going to dance, let's make it quick. Most demons tend to be quite strong, and playing a long game with them never ends well. Especially not if they're so sure of themselves..."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19