Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars  (Read 16868 times)

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars
« Reply #150 on: December 26, 2022, 11:07:17 am »

Mayor's Office

After a few moments of tense waiting with just the worm squirming freely on the ground Velma hurriedly comes around the side of the desk and produces a vial and pair of tweezers as she bends down to pickup the creature.  After securing the lid on the vial, vent holes included, she shoves it into Cicivexa's hands.

"Take this, I'm going to check on him."

She bends down again and checks for breathing, then for a pulse on his neck.  Then she looks at his bloody ear.

"He's got a pulse, but his breathing is weak.  I don't even know what to do about...worms in the ear?  Any ideas?"

Around that time the door opens again and Fred lets Daphne and Lyra in before following himself to turn and the situation.  Daphne lets out a yelp as soon as she sees the blood and worm-in-a-jar.
"Jeepers!  What happened!?"
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #151 on: December 26, 2022, 12:14:43 pm »

Arturia

"Uh. Brain worms, I think?" She shakes her head. "Don't look at me, I didn't even graduate high school." The teenager eyes the worm warily, visibly still disturbed by the sight of it leaving the mayor's head. "I think we need to find the guy he was talking to, though."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 28, 2022, 12:03:12 pm »

Lyra

"Guy he was talking to? Any idea who that was? And... uh... What do we do about the guy? I-is there like a medical center we can send him to?"

Shit. Brain worm... parasite things.

Dan over at the diner didn't seem to have been affected - at least, not as far as she could tell. So at least he could safely be ruled out as being... connected to this guy somehow.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #153 on: December 28, 2022, 12:13:08 pm »

Vi-Ra-Nor

"I don't know where the nearest hospital is, I kinda figured at least one person of the group would have some weird mystical way to fix him up." Martyr shakes her head. "He was talking to some weird guy in a big black coat, which is probably the person we're after."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 03, 2023, 02:21:27 am »

"You know," Alexandria comments, "This strange cloaked figure matches what I picked up for a few moments while we were examining the premises of Fred's dubiously assigned property.  Multiple matching testimonies suggest that this being is related to the problem, even if we have no firm evidence that it is our culprit."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 04:20:34 am by DragonRage »
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 03, 2023, 10:07:34 am »

Osada had been rather quiet as the investigation continued, mostly sticking to the back of everyone and staying out of the way. But when the worm wriggled out of the Mayor's ear, Osada properly snapped to attention, a hand brough to his chin as he comes over to look at the worm himself. He had heard of some mages who used parasites to control other people, and a worm coming out from someone's head was... Concerning in most situations, but extra concerning if a mage was involved. So, he approached Cicivexa, taking a personal look at the worm to see its features.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #156 on: January 03, 2023, 10:38:39 am »

Martyr

Arturia looked back and forth between the members of the group expectantly for a bit. "Uh, anyone feel like whipping out something to help this guy, or are we just assuming the local hospital can patch his brain?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 03, 2023, 11:19:17 am »

Velma looks up from checking the Mayor.

"I don't know if there even is a nearby hospital, Fred?"

Fred looks back and forth as he's thrust onto the spot.

"Uhh I think I saw an urgent care clinic, but with everyone missing there's probably not anyone there."

"Wait, I saw the Father with an awful lot of medical stuff back there, maybe he can help.  I'll be right back."

Daphne steps out of the room and quickly over to the bank of phones.  She dials something and then talks for a moment.

Taking the jar for a closer look Osada sees it's an off-white color with a slightly green undertone and dozens of thin lines separating the worm's segments.  As he looks at it Osada watches the worm several times twist and tense its body up before snapping straight and hurling itself into the jar lip with enough force to make a popping sound.  It would be mighty effective at launching up into victims had it been left free.

"He's on his way."

Velma gets a hand from Fred and pulls herself up.

"This man in a black coat sure is suspicious, I think our next lead is the firehouse.  Though if we're suspecting some kind of foul play it might be worth taking a look at the substation the Mayor mentioned."
By the hands of power.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #158 on: January 03, 2023, 11:27:26 am »

Martyr

Arturia raises her hand. "I can go check out the substation. I don't stand out that much and I can defend myself pretty easily if something goes wrong."
GM of Trespassers V2.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 03, 2023, 11:49:44 am »

Lyra

“Think I should come with? Might be trouble over there. In case something happened, might be good to have a battle buddy.”

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 03, 2023, 01:12:01 pm »

Cicivexa wasn't pleased with the flask thrust onto him, less so when it actively tried to escape. He kept both hands firm on each end, one on the lid.

"I shall follow as well." His gaze fixed on the unnatural vilekin, he could hardly pay attention to the merits of each location (never mind whether this 'firehouse' referred to the metaphorical or actual; it could easily be anything). He tried examining it with his mask, though he doubted it could give any useful information.

"...Are all in favor that one more worm be scorched? We know not what its full capabilities are. What it did to the mayor, its true intelligence or strength... and I would most prefer my full vigilance be available elsewhere."
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 03, 2023, 09:11:19 pm »

Mayor's Office

"I think we should keep it, no sense in destroying evidence and it's contained."
"I agree, I'll take it back if you want."

Velma offers a hand to take the jar back.

Substation

Those who choose to head out back to the substation find a small fenced gravely area with a mess of grey metal boxes, pipes, and wires.  The main transformer on one side and the wall nearby it are covered in soot and burnt oil where the containment drum ruptured while burning.  Several burned wires lead from the transformer to the fuse plates that have blown to spare the rest of the grid.

Curious examination reveals a series of circular gouges or craters of burnt or vaporized metal along the surface of the transformer drum, almost identical to those seen in the telephone pole outside by Osada.  There are also several holes punched through the nearby chain-link fence at the same level as the gouges.
By the hands of power.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2023, 10:09:56 am »

Arturia

"These don't look accidental." Martyr peers closer at the damage, trying to get a better sense for what might have left it. "You guys seen anything that could leave marks like this?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2023, 05:33:52 pm »

Lyra

Lyra looked over at the gouges and craters, trying to recall what kinds of tools would cause this sort of damage. It obviously wasn't a simple cutting tool due to the burns...

In fact, she was pretty sure that, from what she'd seen, it wasn't any tool so much as it was magic. "You know, I've seen this before. Ran down an alley chasing a saboteur." Realizing Martyr had't been there for that, Lyra added, "Someone was trying to attach some kind of device to the car. I chased them into an alley, but they disappeared. I noticed the burnt stuff at this power station then. Oh, and the someone... I don't think they were human. They didn't move right, and they left behind hoofprints, not shoe or footprints. I... don't know what connection there is between that saboteur and this damage, but it's something to keep in mind, at least."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 07:39:29 pm by AzyWng »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2023, 07:51:08 am »

"Then we just need to find whoever or whatever that was. I'm more of a bodyguard than an assassin, though, I have no idea where a weird hooved woman would hide out." Martyr shrugs. "Unless we could bait them out, I guess."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19