Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars  (Read 16870 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars
« Reply #120 on: August 06, 2022, 10:44:28 am »

Lyra

Lyra popped her share of the nuggets into her mouth. "Thanks for doing this." She tried not to worry herself too much with how Scooby and Shaggy seemed to behave. They weren't going to lead her off on a wild goose chase or something, were they?

When they had finished eating, Lyra asked "So, where do you think we should go next? The church or the town hall? I know the others were going there..."

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 06, 2022, 11:59:27 am »

Sabots frowns. "I see that rapscallion Arthur Conan Doyle has left quite an impression on you, young lady."

Shaking his head, Sabots turns back to the bookshelf. "Very well, if magic is not involved at all, but this man was studying topics relating to yesterday's incident from a magical perspective, it must mean he was either attempting to use magic as a hoax to cover up what's truly going on, or else there's someone else tricking him into thinking that they are the ones accomplishing this with magic. However, I do not know why one would create a hoax of a magical ritual involving human sacrifice. After all, murder must be more frowned upon than whatever it is they are actually covering up. However, if the mayor himself is being tricked, I suppose all bets are off. Perhaps we should see if that accomplice from Mexico is in town at all."

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2022, 10:56:24 am »

Dan's Bar

"Like, Scoob and I have a rule against going into churches since the Gargoyle incident."

Just as Dan is about to open his mouth and comment the four of you hear a shout from outside through the cracked door, it sounds like Fred.

"Hey!  What are you doing!"

Mayor's Office

Velma grabs a book, flips through it, then repeats a few times as Sabots is talking.
"Mexico hmm... What about these two?"
Velma points to the two books "Magic Bananas" and "Bug Collecting", but as she goes to pull them out the door opens once again and the Mayor comes back into his office.
"I did ask politely for you to not touch my things."
He gives a glare in the direction of Velma and Sabots as he goes to sit at his desk.
"But well I couldn't reach Jerry, and with how few other people have come into town I'm worried about him.  Plus he's the only one who knows how to get the damn power back on in town.  I've got things to do here, but if you kids could head down to the fire station and check on him, maybe give him a ride up here if he needs it, I'd really appreciate it."
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2022, 06:02:01 pm »

Lyra

In a moment, Lyra had risen from her seat and moved over to the door, peeking through the crack to see what was on. She put a hand on her wrench just in case.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2022, 04:24:52 am »

Main Street

As Lyra peeks out the door she can see a figure crouching oddly behind the Mystery Machine opposite Fred on her right.  A figure in the same kind of heavy black coat as the one from Spicy HG's world that had captured the Trespasser.  Though whoever was wearing this coat was physically significantly taller and bulkier.

There's a split second of stillness and the figure attempts to hide before they glance up and look directly at Lyra.  As soon as they realize their hiding place has been foiled they jump and at starts a dead sprint away from both her and Fred, towards the alley at corner of the Town Hall.
By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2022, 08:07:32 am »

Lyra

Old instincts awakened and Lyra threw open the door to give chase, pulling her wrench from her belt and preparing to throw it when she got close enough.

Whoever this was, they had information - and Lyra needed to get it.

She just hoped this wasn’t a trap.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2022, 09:28:09 am »

Main Street

Despite the figure's lead Lyra gives chase well and starts to gain on them some before she hurls her wrench.  The figure pulls down at the last second, dodging the blow to the back of the neck and letting the makeshift projectile impact with the nearby brick, leaving a nicely sized crater.  Lyra hears a nearly silent electronic hum as the figure turns the corner, leaving large hoof(?) prints in the pile of dust as they do. 

By the time she catches up to the alleyway she finds it still and empty, sheer brick walls block the sides and at the far end is a fenced area that looks like it has some electrical equipment.  Soot streaks tell her there's been a recent fire.
By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2022, 10:07:22 am »

Lyra

Lyra quickly retrieves her weapon and looks over at the soot streaks and hoofprints. Were they… they weren’t Glitchers, too, surely… Lyra pulled out her Swapper, but then thought better of it. Wouldn’t do to just glitch blindly. Instead she examined the soot and hoofprints in as close detail as possible, as well as examined the scene to see if they left anything behind.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2022, 10:47:52 am »

Main Street

The hoof-prints are large, about as big across as her hand outstretched, but also not the regular crescent shape.  Instead they have two slight protrusions like toes from the center mass of the hoof.

The soot stains on the other hand are mostly localized on and around a few specific parts of the substations on the other side of the fence at the end of the alley.  There's some other damage, but it looks like whatever fire deposited all this smoke damage started and went out sometime during the storm last night.  In order to get a closer look she'll have to jump the fence or go around through the maintenance door in the town hall.

Thinking on the shape and behavior of the figure, though she never got even a glimpse under the coat, Lyra is sure whatever this was couldn't be human.  It moved too wrongly, its back arched too much, and its gait wasn't quite right.
By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2022, 10:54:07 am »

Lyra

Not to mention those hoofprints… Lyra walked back to Fred, telling him: “I… I lost them. They just turned the corner and were gone. Left hoofprints behind - I don’t think that was a human that ran off. Looks like there’s some electrical damage, too - from a fire I think started last night during the storm… most of it’s on the other side of a fence, though. That person didn’t mess with the van, did they?”

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2022, 11:36:26 am »

Main Street

"That explains the power being out, and hoof prints...?"
He trails off for a second before holding up a small egg shaped electronic device made of silver plates around a central light pulsing a faint red.  It seems to be far higher tech than anything she's see on this world so far.
"Yeah this was stuck under the edge of the Mystery Machine, what do you think it is?"
By the hands of power.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2022, 06:33:46 am »

Vi-Ra-Nor

Martyr shrugged. "Sure. But, err, Mayor?" She wasn't 100% certain this was the guy she was looking for, given this was her first time seeing him. "Have you seen anyone wandering around town in a big black coat?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2022, 07:55:38 pm »

Lyra

Lyra's heart sank. "I... if they were fixing that to the van, that's probably a tracking device. Or something to disable the van. Or even a bomb. At least, that's the only things I can think of. Dammit, that means we'll need to keep this thing safe... wonder if any of the other cars in this place have got this treatment... "

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2022, 06:58:33 pm »

Mayor's Office

The Mayor looks oddly taken aback, squints at Vi-Ra-Nor, tucks his chin, and blinks, giving himself a frog-like appearance as his head shifts.
"I can't say I have.  Though...oh I saw someone out last night in what I guess was a bit much for a rain coat, but that's hardly strange before a storm."

Main Street

Fred blinks twice and looks down at the devices he was holding, his eyes go wide as Lyra casually mentions it might be a bomb.
"It's uhh awfully small to be a tracker.  What do you think we should do with it?"
By the hands of power.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2022, 08:09:52 pm »

Martyr

Arturia squints a bit back, not quite sure what to make of the man's response and suspicious of him because of that. "I mean, weird black cloaked guy shows up, then a bunch of other weird stuff happens? The guy at the church said he saw a black cloaked guy a few weeks ago, are you sure that's not the same one?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19