Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars  (Read 16872 times)

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TotM:V2: Scooby-Doo and the Worm-Man from beyond the Stars
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2022, 11:45:17 pm »

Sabots listens as the man speaks, his eyes narrowing ever so slightly as he speaks. Upon the conclusion of the man's explanation, the little old man simply utters a single "Quite."

Once the Mayor has moved out of view to attempt to call Jerry, Sabots makes himself at home in his office, taking a careful look around to try to get a sense for the man's character. The man was either profoundly stupid or hiding something. "Strange how that man made no reference to all of the worms in the dust. Either he's made no effort to step outside and look at it himself, or else he knows more than he lets on. What say you all?"

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2022, 06:49:08 pm »

Osada

"Worms in the dust?" Osada comments, raising his brow slightly, "Hm. Not something I noticed when I looked around. Then again, I've never been too good at investigating. I mostly came here to see if anyone could decipher the importance of this" he continued, lifting up his hand and presenting the small, singed piece of black fabric to the group, mainly Velma, "Looked around the street when I saw a pole with some markings burned into it, plus this bit of fabric just above the line of dust. Figured that it might be important to bring up."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2022, 07:13:19 am »

Martyr

Arturia nodded. "Alright. Thanks for your help." With not much else to keep her in place, she headed toward the town hall, hoping to catch the mayor walking about.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2022, 12:09:22 pm »

Lyra

"Don't worry about it, all right? I'm not keen on folk who abuse their authority either." After a moment, Lyra asked, "Hey, you wouldn't happen to know anyone with the initials 'F.G.S.', would you?" As she asked, she checked in her pocket for any money. She wasn't sure Shaggy had enough to pay for all three of them, and even if he did, she didn't want him to have to do that just for her.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 05:52:11 pm by AzyWng »

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2022, 11:59:05 pm »

"I say to never assume malice for what can be explained by ignorance or incompetence," Alexandria whispers, glancing back at where the mayor had gone with no small amount of distain, "He did not seem to be to be overly concerned about anything other than getting back to business as usual."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2022, 06:54:45 pm »

Dan's Bar

Dan thinks for a minute then shakes his head.
"Nobody I know off the top of my head, sorry."
Searching her person reveals a small fold of paper bank notes in Lyra's pocket, a few five and one sized denominations.

Nothing of Interest remains at Dan's Bar...for now!

Town Hall

Those that move into the office find it a small room, but still generous for what it's meant for and well cooled by a device in on the back wall.  A desk and chair sits towards the back facing the doorway, with four more chairs around a short table towards the front.  Three filing cabinets sit by one wall, along with a bookcase build into the wall lined with many books and a handful of knickknacks.  An off-white CRT monitor sits in the other back corner on a smaller desk, with a similarly colored computer tower beside it.

Velma glances back and forth after entering the room to make sure the coast is clear before picking up a stack of loose paperwork on the desk and starting the leaf through it.

Sabots own investigation reveals a small metal basket full of red, white, and blue pins with the words "Vote Douglas Chester for Mayor" on them.  Among the knickknacks on the shelf are a small wooden globe, a pendulum, a miniature telescope, a picture frame with a photo of a much younger Mayor and an unknown woman in wedding attire, and a lion-headed book-stop.

Velma sets back down the paperwork she'd been looking at and adjusts her glasses as she takes the piece of cloth from Osada to get a closer look.
"Hmm.  It's coarse and heavy, but it doesn't look like wool or cotton, maybe its a synthetic blend?"
She pulls out a magnifying glass and sets the fabric on the desk, examining it in detail.
"It's got tiny wispy burns on the surface, like someone was walking through sparks, and there's a hole where it caught and tore off...maybe they were running from something?"

As Martyr enters the town hall she's greeted with a long hallway leading down to a four-way intersection.  On the opposite "arm" of the hall she can see the bulk of the party moving into a small room.  Standing in the hall next to some kind of booth and wired telephone is a fairly well dressed overweight man she doesn't recognize at all.  He seems frustrated as he works the rotary dial.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2022, 10:14:56 pm »

Sabots's eyes light up as he spots the small basket full of campaign pins. "I see someone is up for re-election. It simply would not due for such a man to potentially frighten a senior citizen they've never met before with details about strange worms in an election year. There are few things more desperate than a politician trying to get re-elected. While it's obviously not a sign of guilt, it is a potential motive. Do let me know if those papers of his reveal anything the good mayor may not want us to be seeing."
Sabots shakes his head as he stares at the computer tower and monitor with a degree of uncertainty, but and quickly turns his gaze to something he may be more familiar with: The Bookshelves. He scans over each of the spines with an attentive gaze, trying to see if anything at all there may pertain to the dust, the worms, or any supernatural elements.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 11:15:44 am by nuclearwhale »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2022, 02:45:12 pm »

Lyra

Lyra nodded at Dan. "Well, thanks for answering all those questions." Quickly she turned to Scooby and Shaggy. "So, what do you think? A few others already went to check out the town hall, so I assume they're already chatting with the mayor. Maybe we should poke around the rest of the town. See what else turns up." Lyra looked over at the destroyed kitchen. "Or I guess we could try to help him clean up. What do you think?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2022, 02:01:14 pm »

Arturia

Vi-Ra-Nor moved to meet up with the rest of the group once she saw them, holding one arm across her chest as she jogged a few steps. "Hey, you guys get anything new? I talked to the guy out there, he said something about seeing a weird black-cloaked guy a few weeks ago and that he hasn't seen anyone other than the mayor since yesterday."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 02:04:30 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2022, 06:42:48 pm »

Alexandria turns towards the computer and looks it over with a sigh.  "So I'm back to kicking primitives I guess.  Well, let's see what secrets your owner left on you."  She looks the computer over for a place to plug in and have a look through its poor, defenseless memory.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2022, 12:04:54 am »

Dan's Bar

Shaggy deflates a bit rubbing his stomach with a audible growl to it.
"Zoinks, if I don't get something to eat Scoob' and I'll wither away!
"Rither!"
Scoob follows up with a pair of giant puppy-dog eyes.
Dan lets out a long sigh and points to the back.
"Might have a bag of frozen nuggets back there, they'll be microwaved though.  Hold on."
Shaggy and Scooby's eyes light up like children on christmas morning.

A few minutes pass before Dan walks back with a plate full of slight-soft chicken nuggets.  He takes a few for himself and Shaggy and Scooby both dig in, but leave enough for Lyra if she grabs them.
Dan shrugs.
"I got the cleanup.  Really it's not as bad as the brawl over the super-bowl a few years back."

Mayor's Office

Looking over the shelves Sobots finds the top shelf to be mostly political & business strategy, a little history, and a book that he recognizes at least(if he hasn't read it) in The Art of War.  The bottom shelf is entirely taken up by a set of matching volumes that form an Encyclopedia Britannica, about 30 in total.  The middle shelf was the most interesting, containing a varied assortment of archeological and historical books the likes of "A Metric Study on the use of Dynamite in Excavation and the Moral Implications", "The Moral Implications of Human Sacrifice", "Shots in the skull: History of early cranial injuries", "Magic Bananas: History of Farming Rituals in Central and South America", "Bug collecting in the | |ǀ || |_ Tribe", "Those People", "A Glimpse into the Past: Dirt Eating and it’s Mineral Importance", "Stars in the Desert: Delirium or Aliens?", and "Himalayan Goat-herding and You".

Velma looks up form her stack of papers and squints at Vi-Ra-Nor.
"Hmm...Whoever this guy is he keeps coming up, he can't be good news."
She pauses and takes a small piece of paper inlayed with a metallic foil strip, fancy background ink coloring, and oddly stamped patterns of writing.
"A check stub?  It says the account is with a bank in the Yucatan.  Transactions were done in person too, strange."
She quickly stows it in her sweater pocket and puts the stack of papers back.

"Kicking Primitives" is an accurate description as the hardest part of Alexandria accessing the hard drive on this machine is the throttling caused by such basic access ports.  Never the less in only a minute or two she dumps all 8 megabytes of the hard drive into her memory stores.  Most of the contents detail email logs between the Mayor and various other government officials.  A few of the emails stand out though, including several older ones sent or received from a F. G. S. and a Franklin T.  The emails are written in some kind of code, making metaphors to personal events and references that Alexandria lacks proper context for, such as in-person conversations.  She does find a few key phrases though, references to a "the book", an "amulet" purchased on the Mayor's vacation, and a comet storm scheduled for last night based on the internal clock.  The conversation seems to peter out with some disagreement a few weeks ago, with only a couple more threatening ones sent between him and F. G. S. since that time.
By the hands of power.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2022, 01:20:04 am »

Cicivexa, perhaps uninterested in being isolated without anyone else capable of fighting, quietly followed "Martyr" to the Town Hall. Disappointed, though not surprised, by the lack of details on the hooded man thusfar, he once again immediately began scanning the interior with the Kanohi Akaku.
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2022, 07:02:14 am »

Martyr

Arturia nodded at Velma's comment. "Weird." She had no idea where the Yucatan was, but it didn't sound nearby. She paused for a moment to glance over the bookshelf. Something about the book on the tribe annoyed her, but she couldn't quite place it. . . "Do we know that the mayor actually doesn't know who he is?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2022, 05:52:22 pm »

Sabots
Sabots's eyes narrow as he glances at the books lining the mayors bookshelf. "Someone's been keeping up to date on the works of Mr. Nobel, I see. Books about dynamite, dirt, worms and stars... and that jolly old topic human sacrifice. It's no silver bullet answer to these strange goings on, but it seems the good mayor has been working on something thaumaturgically significant. I wonder if there's been any important magical events in the leylines or the sky that he had to wait for until yesterday?"

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2022, 08:37:36 pm »

Mayor's Office

Cicivexa finds exactly what one might expect, much to his disappointment.  Books made of paper, cabinets full of files, computer make of computer parts.  Really not all that much of interest.

Velma continues, opening a draw and poking through it.
"We haven't directly asked him yet."
She stops short while looking and straightens up to raise an eyebrow at Sabots.
"There's something going on here, but 'magical events'?  No such thing.  Vampires, Werewolves, Ghosts all of them have a logical explanation, and usually it's someone too greedy for their own good."
She pauses again and bumps the drawer closed with her knee, then moves towards the bookshelf to look for herself.
"But...that doesn't spot people from thinking they're real.
By the hands of power.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19