Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers v2: Okami: Stains upon the canvas (part 2)  (Read 3660 times)

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Trespassers v2: Okami: Stains upon the canvas (part 2)
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2022, 02:22:42 pm »

Ako

"You have no idea" Ako replied to Aurora, taking a step back from the door as she let out a sigh, "He is the local guardian of the place. A descendant of Nagi who fought alongside Amaterasu when the Demon King first woke up. Apparently he had a bad habit of this kind of stuff before, but then he married the local Sake maker, so honestly? I doubt it's possible for his problem to get any better" she explained, right before turning to Mitsu, "Well, the village is small, and he doesn't really travel that far outside of Shinshu anyway, so he's bound to be in the area. The villagers should know where he is, and if they don't, then the Tree's bound to."

As she said that, Aurora began getting a proper read on the hut in front of her, quickly noticing the underground portion that did show signs of life. Two, in fact. Though, the signatures seemed rather small, and simply asleep, rather than intoxicated.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2022, 02:52:24 pm »

Aurora

"I see," Aurora pursed her lips, "well, be that as it may, I think we're wasting our time knocking. I sense nothing in there that could be a grown man in a drunken stupor, but there's something down below the house. Two creatures, small and slumbering... did he have any pets that you know of? Children, perhaps?"

Even as she asked, the goddess was focusing her attention on the two signatures she described, trying to ascertain what exactly they were.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2022, 03:58:44 pm »

Mitsurugi simply let out an exasperated sigh, then moved toward the old woman washing clothes. "Excuse my interruption, but would you happen to know where the guardian of this village has gone off to?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2022, 09:24:47 am »

Ako

"I... Hm... I recall that he did have a kid, but he disappeared one day and hasn't been seen since. But Kushi was pregnant the last time I was here... Perhaps he had twins?" Ako suggested, and sure enough, focusing on the two signatures, it was more and more clear that the two were simply human babies. Who had somehow slept through Ako's knocking.

Mitsurugi

Upon the Goddess's arrival, the old woman paused with her cleaning, turning slightly to regard the new arrival. As far as people went, the old lady didn't seem to stand out much... Aside from the seemingly random orange perched upon her head, "Oh, do you mean Susano? That boy's been sulking around the village lately, but I do recall seeing him head up to the lookout just this morning" she stated, pointing towards the path that led further into the village and curved around the massive, jutting hill, "Never saw him come back down, so he might still be there. Though tell me, do you happen to be a friend of miss Ako?"
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2022, 11:23:08 am »

Aurora
"Well, that certainly accounts for the two sleeping babes then," Aurora said "But where is the mother? She at least should be somewhere nearby..."

Even as she said it, she'd already noted the infants' mitochondrial dna and began to expand her search outwards, excluding all other signatures in the village except those that could closely match her findings.

Such concepts were entirely foreign and unknown in her world, but she had meddled with Life for thousands of years now, and had long noticed such minute details about it that still eluded even the most astute scholars. Hell most of them didn't even know what genetics were period, beyond some surface level observations about bloodlines and lineage. Even she herself found it difficult to work with the stuff, but that was entirely from the difficulty of exerting so much of her power on such a small level without completely burning subjects into nothing.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2022, 09:29:54 am »

Mitsurugi

"That would not be inaccurate to say. She has entreated me to assist with her current tasks." She gave a small, polite bow of thanks. "Your information is helpful. Did you have something to request of her?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2022, 10:05:25 pm »

"He left a wife and children behind in his drunkeness?  And this does not sound like an uncommon event either," Lexiel's lip curls as she looks past the babies, "Disgusting behavior.  Remind me why we need this man's help?"
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2022, 04:52:45 pm »

Ako

"Because Susano'o is the only person I know who has defeated the Demon Lord before. He and his ancestor both did, in fact. Just wish he didn't pick now to go back into a drunken stupor" Ako commented, pinching the bridge between her eyes. As she did so, Aurora spread out her senses, quickly finding another ping somewhat identical to the children. Or rather, two, coming from the direction of the jutting hill, one seeming to be coming down and one perched right at the top.

Mitsu

"Not entirely. There has been some strange happenings around the village, but Ako rarely comes all the way here for anything other than business, so I figured she already knew. My concern lies mostly with how she feels about Susano'o. The two are at each other's throats on the best of days, and the lad's been in some sort of wreck recently. A few days ago he was ranting about being possessed by an evil spirit, and then he started distancing himself from the rest of the village, including his own family" the woman explained, letting out a sigh as she turned back to the clothing rack, "If you're going to try and talk some sense into that boy, make sure miss Ako doesn't try to pick a fight with him. It wouldn't do if they started going at each other at a time like this"
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2022, 11:28:08 pm »

Mitsurugi

"Possessed by an evil spirit. . . ? That is troubling." It seemed she was not the only one potentially dealing with external influences. "I cannot speak for Susano'o, but I can assure you that Ako will refrain from being bothersome." She gave a short bow to the old woman. "I'll be heading up to the watch. Good day, and thank you once more for your assistance." With that, barring something stopping her, she moved toward the lookout, avoiding simply flying to it at the moment.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2022, 11:05:11 am »

Aurora
"I found someone," Aurora announced before she promptly marched off towards the hill. "Two people, likely the mother and grandmother. Come! We'll learn nothing more standing here, it's not like the babes are going to get up and answer the door."

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2022, 08:02:28 am »

Spicy HG shook her head at the empty house, then turned to speak to Ako as they moved on with Aurora.
"So any idea what's so special about Susano'o that makes him and his ancestors able to defeat our foe?  Is it just a 'destined hero' situation or something more specific?"
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2022, 03:43:32 pm »

Mitsurugi

“That’s good. Take care dear” the woman replied cheerfully, giving Mitsu the best bow she could given her old age before turning back to her cleaning.

Ako

“Destined Hero situation? I… Hm… I’m not fully aware of any destiny revolving around them, just that Susano and his ancestor both bore swords that drew power from the moon, allowing them to slay Orochi. I believe Susano always called his ‘Tohenboku’. The only other thing I can say is that he apparently fought alongside Amaterasu, and her previous incarnation fought alongside Nagi. Of course, I wasn’t there, so the only word I really have to go off of is Susano himself” Ako explained, following behind Aurora… Though taking a moment to think about the latter’s words, “Grandmother… Hm. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen Susano’s parents before. They certainly don’t live in Kamiki, that’s for sure.”

The Group

With everyone reunited again, the next destination was clear: The top of the overlook that stood  high above Kamiki Village. The path towards it was fairly simple, with the only deviation being a path that seemed to lead out towards the gigantic Sakura Tree, with the other leading through the stone further up. Only two people were around the crossroads, specifically being a strange looking man in a brown robe and a straw basket covering his head, sitting on a bench and comforting a beautiful, middle aged woman wearing a yellow and red kimono, looking rather despondent as she sat on the bench as well, staring into the ocean with an empty expression.
OOC
IC

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2022, 04:21:28 pm »

Spray

As he had done before, Spray decided to hang back and observe, letting the others do the actual talking. Restlessly he held onto his binoculars, wondering what he could see with them from up here.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2022, 04:46:48 pm »

Mitsurugi

She moved up toward the pair and inclined her head in a polite nod. "Greetings." She debated between inquiring as to the source of the woman's despondency and getting the task they arrived at accomplished faster, and ultimately landed on the latter, even if it might come off as a bit rude.
"I do not suppose either of you has seen one Susano'o come past here?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2022, 03:05:46 pm »

Aurora

Brother and sister? Fair enough, I suppose that's also a valid for this tie.

"Something tells me getting his aid won't be as simple as merely finding him..." She muttered as she noted the mother's expression. The pain etched on that stoney face was one all too familiar to her. She'd wondered what type of mother would leave her children completely unattended and beyond their ready reach, even if the babes were fast asleep. But seeing her state, it all made sense now.

"Mitsurugi," She whispered to other goddess, "if you might let me handle this one?"

There was no accusation of wrongdoing to her tone; it was merely a simple request.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4