Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers v2: Griftlands: The Bog Brawl  (Read 17749 times)

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Trespassers v2: Griftlands: The Bog Brawl
« Reply #225 on: December 16, 2022, 12:02:47 am »

Friedhold & Nessa, Rory

Once the bandits are gathered together Freidhold approaches the one he'd put Thoughsieze on before.  He levels his right hand at them, a rash of blisters forming, writhing and betraying the dozens of insects just below the surface even as the first ones start chewing their way out and crawling along his arm.

"The Barons helping you, what are their names?  Or do I have to dig deeper into your mind myself?"
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 12:11:04 pm by StormLord »
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 26, 2022, 11:57:42 am »

Ehto
The sorceress nods. "Alright, I'll try not to get too rough with it then. Do you have any pieces of the machine, or samples of this 'Spark and Lumin' material? I need something to help me identify the scent."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 30, 2022, 11:11:04 pm »

Friedhold & Nessa, Rory
Rory took one look at the man sprouting an insect hive in his arm, and promptly decided he really didn't want to wait around to hear the rest. Instead he went to the giant snail, approaching slowly with his hands spread to show he had no weapons to hopefully calm it so he could conduct a search of its cargo.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 16, 2023, 08:34:49 pm »

Ehto

"We don't have any pieces of the machine, I'm afraid. Much of our equipment uses Spark, if you need that to help pick up a trail." Indeed, much of the camp seems permeated with a sort of acrid, oily stench. "As for Lumin... it's got its own distinct smell, but I'm afraid we don't have any of that here."

Tsubasa
Arint turns to the demon hunter, saying, "The contact is the one who'll be picking up the weapons... apparently... and once that's done, you'll be making sure they don't get attacked before they leave Grout Bog. The roads out have Admiralty patrols, not to mention other travelers - so the risk of an attack there should be minimal." Despite the assurance, the expression on Arint's face makes it clear things haven't been going as they should for a long while.

Friedhold and Nessa, Rory

In between screams, the bandit rattles off a few names, none of which you recognize - but he seems too scared to even think of lying.

Meanwhile, the giant snail, seeming to have calmed down now that it's moved away from the danger, allows Rory to conduct the search without any biting.

And inside, Rory finds... glowing spark canisters as well as a variety of weapons that seem to be powered by Spark. Looks like this was what these bandits were after.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 08:38:17 pm by AzyWng »

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 16, 2023, 10:36:25 pm »

Ehto
The sorceress takes a few sniffs of the air. Not the most preferable lead given how spread out over this whole place it was, but it should be simple enough to narrow down what direction it struck off in. She nods to Arint. "I'll be back."

She leaves the tent and begins following her nose near the edge of the camp, paying especially close attention to any spots where she detects the scent of Spark extending deeper into the swamp.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 17, 2023, 12:50:46 am »

Rory

The giggles of glee from the hunter couldn't be contained as he took a couple canisters and any weapons he could hide in the loose fabric of his armor for himself. After acquiring his prize he started taking the bags off the snail to pretend that he was a dutiful mercenary.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 17, 2023, 08:39:16 pm »

Friedhold & Nessa

Friedhold nods with a smile and takes mental note of all the names.

"Good, good."

He retracts the insect swarm, dismissing the effects of it and walks over to Rory.

"I have the list of offending Barons.  However what should we do with them?" He gestures to the ground of bound and kneeling Bandits, "I believe I am right to assess the Barons as rotten to the bone.  I cannot say if they are more likely to avoid punishment through corruption or be tortured to death by them.  I do not think they will receive a fair trial either way."
By the hands of power.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #232 on: January 17, 2023, 09:07:57 pm »

Tsubasa

"I'll be ready, then." Without further ado, she heads out the building and toward the meeting point.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 19, 2023, 10:22:34 pm »

Ehto

The scent of Spark eventually snakes off into a trail that leads Ehto deeper and deeper. The heat is nauseating and the bugs are everywhere. Some of them even try to bite Ehto, but seem to lose interest once they fail to... actually be able to get anything. As Ehto continues, the smell of Spark mixes with... something else. Bitter and pungent.

Eventually, Ehto follows the trail to a small cave entrance. In front sits a wounded man, covered in armor. The armor itself is unfamiliar, but its colors are strikingly similar to what Llullably was wearing when the party met her outside the gate.

As Ehto approaches, he raises his head, blearily. "F-finally come to finish me off, wretched beast...?" The way he slurs his words makes it clear he is not thinking clearly.

Tsubasa

The trip to the meeting point is uneventful, and the contact - a Shroke woman in a hat that seems just too small - moves towards Tsubasa as she approaches, as does another woman - Shel.

"Finally! Do you have any idea how long I've been waiting to get the Hesh out of this muck? Now come on, let's get going, we're wasting precious daylight already!" Without even waiting for Tsubasa's response, the buyer begins heading towards the meeting point.

Shel just smiles sheepishly at Tsubasa as she follows.

Friedhold & Nessa and Rory

The weapons are bulky, and Rory can only fit two and some Spark canisters under his armor. But with all the other weapons and equipment the Oshnu is carrying, the loss of some

Spark Blaster
Weight 4.
Level 1 - Deals (2+number of shots remaining)d4+DEX Energy Fire damage. Each canister provides the Spark Blaster with 4 shots.
"I'm not here to tell you the safety tips on using this stuff, just know that there probably are a bunch and they are probably very important."

Overloaded Spark Hammer
Weight 6.
Level 1 - Deals 4d8+STR Physical Blunt damage. Can hit up to 4 times. On the fourth strike, the hammer will explode for 4d8 Energy Fire damage to oneself and the target.
"This is dangerous technology! We still don't really understand what it's capable of!"

Spark Canister (x4)
Canisters of Spark meant to reload a Spark Blaster.

The Spark within could be used for other purposes, however...

Upon hearing Friedhold speak of executing the bandits, they all fall into a ruckus. Some seem to grit their teeth and one even tries to spit in Friedhold's face, while a few others shake and one of them tries to talk about someone called Nadan before another one threatens them into silence.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 19, 2023, 10:33:18 pm »

Ehto
The sorceress bares her tellingly inhuman fangs at the insult but refrains from acting on impulse. "No. I came here hunting a runaway machine. It's only chance that I found you instead."

She holds out her hand and a black circle spins to life at her fingertips. Shadows embrace the wounded soldier, going to work undoing his wounds through the exploitation of uncertainty, and hopefully righting whatever else might be wrong with him.

"Who are you? And why are you out here half-dead?"

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2023, 02:00:23 pm »

Friedhold & Nessa

Freidhold barely glances down as the bandits rail against their bindings.

"I believe we know their opinion, but first someone has volunteered more information-"

Friedhold turns and snaps his hand out, drawing in the one who had mentioned "Nadan" with Undertow and using the watery tentacle to hold him up for questioning,

"-Please.  Tell us everything you know of this "Nadan"."
By the hands of power.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #236 on: January 20, 2023, 07:44:11 pm »

Tsubasa is silent as she follows, not deigning to acknowledge the woman's rudeness. And to help focus on the environment, of course.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2023, 04:02:33 pm »

Rory

Finally looking up after stashing away the last of his ill-gotten gains Rory looks to the bandit to continue, commenting loudly in a way that's pointed directly at the rest of the group. "Yeah, and after you tell us, I suppose we'd be obliged to let you go! After all, a list of names our employers can use is far better than a bunch of dime a dozen thieves!" Rory looks to Friedhold, prompting some form of agreement even if it was a lie.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 25, 2023, 06:28:46 pm »

Ehto

The man flinches as the shadows do their work, and once it's done, he stands up, healthy but still wary. "I-I... how did you do that? Never mind. I am Mallowi, faithful servant of Hesh, sent to cleanse the world of that Spark-Lumin abomination. If you are after a runaway machine, then we pursue the same prey. I managed to track down the abomination and the other machines it had brought under its sway, but... they were too numerous, and I only barely managed to escape. Now that my strength is returned to me... I shall sally forth once more. And there will be no retreat this time. Accompany me if you must, but the abomination is mine to kill."

Mallowi brandishes his weapon - a big scythe with a glowing blue edge - and begins heading into the caves.

Tsubasa

The woman's complaints cease as soon as the group travels to the pickup point and begins to load the merchandise onto the back of a giant snail. However, the woman seems to take her time examining each of the weapons in detail, even going as far as to aim and dry-fire a few to ensure that the triggers work and the sights are lined up properly. Shel looks a little suspicious but deigns not to comment.

Rory and Friedhold and Nessa

"Okay, okay!"

"You're seriously going to sell out your comrades?"

"To Hesh with Nadan. I didn't sign up to get murdered by some mutant freak." The bandit realizes what he's just said. "Uh, no offense."

After a little more arguing, listening, and threats on their lives, the bandits do eventually give Rory and Friedhold some pretty important information - that there is to be an all-out assault on Grout Bog tonight. Spree forces will storm the main gate, while a number of Barons sabotage the defenses and join the Spree when they make a move on the HQ.

After that... all that's left is to deal with the bandits.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 25, 2023, 06:39:59 pm »

Ehto

She rolls her eyes at the priest's gusto but follows him into the cave nonetheless. Most creatures would need some time to adjust after moving from light into darkness and vice versa, but Ehto saw just as fine in here as she had out there. Better even, as all her senses expand in the dark and she moves through it as if she were part of it, because she is.

As they walk she slips her hood down and asks "So what's a Hesh, and why is it so angry about this golem that it specifically sent you to risk life and limb destroying it?"

The irony of her words aren't lost on her. But she hadn't been the one found half-dead on the ground, now had she?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 06:42:31 pm by Sutoratosu Akira »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21