Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers v2: Griftlands: The Bog Brawl  (Read 17756 times)

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Trespassers v2: Griftlands: The Bog Brawl
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2022, 06:23:34 pm »

Utzi

Utzi narrows his eyes as more Erchins erupt out of nowhere to replace the ones that flee. "Stupid beasts, you'd think they'd know to run when their pack does."

Realizing that the smaller creatures are so prone to flight, the hunter turns his attention to the Erchinlord, where he pauses for a brief moment of contemplation, his eyes darting over the creature and taking note of it's movements. After perhaps a second of looking, Utzi seems satisfied with whatever he saw, nodding to himself slightly as he notches a spear into his atl-atl and sending it hurling through the air in a low arc that sends it at just the right angle to hit the creature between the ribs.

Skillful Toss!
Utzi throws one of his spears at the enemy. It does 4d8 + Dex. If the enemy happens to be an animal that weighs over 1000 pounds (GM’s discretion) This attack deals 6d10 + Dex + Str instead. Expends spears, which can be retrieved later.

The shard of bone that was scattered across the battlefield also retreats back into the ground and appears elsewhere as the Mercurial Rachis continues to do its thing!
Spoiler: Utzi Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 07:08:30 pm by nuclearwhale »

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2022, 09:32:11 pm »

Ehto
"Huh... I see. Which means if Glofriam's gone mad and the rest are still following him, there's a good chance..." that anyone who bore the parasites might be under his influence. Or anyone who happens to get infected after the fact. Ehto looked them each in the eye, unable to truly comprehend the true extent of their inner conflict at the moment, but trying to empathize nonetheless. Glancing over to confirm that Arint was still occupied by the stranger, she softened her voice so that only the three of them could hear. "I know this is hard for you right now, but any specific knowledge you can give about what the parasites do will be a big help in getting us prepared. Really."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2022, 09:28:11 pm »

The demon slayer breathed steadily, feeling the creeping weakness in her veins and fighting past it. They weren't kidding about this thing. I can already feel it sapping my strength. She'd had worse, though; her grip remained solid as she centered her mind, then struck in a brilliant flash.

Tsubasa uses Second Form: Eye of the Storm, gaining 1+(Yin) damage resistance and +1 Yang.
Tsubasa  expends her Reaction and uses First Form: Bolt from Blue Skies on the Erchinlord, dealing 2*(4d6+14) damage and gaining +1 Yin!
Yin: 0 -> 1
Yang: 2 -> 3
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Machiavelli Corleone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2022, 08:38:55 pm »

Carlito

Carlito grimaces as he is presented with the images of the Flead in their natural form. "Christ, you letta' infestation get really outta' hand here." In truth, the tolerance that Carlito had accrued in years of fighting human foes did not give him a stomach for more entomological enemies, or even vermin in general. He had given up on chasing a target when the quarry dipped into a rat-infested storm drain.

But he was not here to pick and chose preferred enemies. Inscribed in the Book of Revelations was prophecy that absurdly large and deadly loci would fill the skies in the end times, and this appeared to fit the bill. Working up the courage after a few moments, Carlito responded, "Yeah, I'll still take it. Even with the Queen being so big with her sonic link and alldat'. For all the freaky shit built 'round these parts, you'd think someone could construct a big-ass can of Raid and solve this problem, yo?"

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2022, 08:05:32 am »

Hibiki and Sal

Sal nods, keeping watch over the assassin in case he wakes up. The Barons continue their work, and eventually one of them gets the assassin in for processing. "Guess not. One question, though... The bounty was just for us to stop him. Why bring him in alive?"
Hibiki simply shrugs in response, "I figured that he still deserved to stand trial for what he's done. And at the very least his confession should be enough to prove his guilt. Wouldn't want any of you to think that we just dragged in some random corpse and called it a day after all."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2022, 01:06:42 am »

Friedhold regains 2 Eve.
Friedhold uses ThoughtSeize on the Erchinlord, marking it.  Seized targets reveal their intent for their next action at the end of the round, be it to attack, debuff, defend, support, etc.  Costs 1 Eve.

Stats:
Eve 8/9
Adam 3
HP 72/72
Armored Shell 20/20

Loadout
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2022, 03:31:12 pm »

Tsubasa, Utzi, Friedhold and Nessa, and Shel
Utzi’s Mercurial Rachis repositions itself. It lands at INIT 11. No units are in range.

Tsubasa takes a moment to focus on her resilience. Then she slices the Erchinlord with a single swing.
Tsubasa uses Second Form. She gains 1+Yin Damage Resistance for the rest of this battle. Her Yang increases by 1 (Now 3).
Tsubasa uses Reaction to attack the Erchinlord with First Form. She deals 44 [2*(1+3+3+1 + 14)] damage.
Her Yin increases by 1 (Now 1).

Shel rushes forth, slashing at the Erchinlord in a frenzied assault.
Shel goes Berserk, attacking the Erchinlord for 10 (7+3) damage 4 times. She deals 40 damage.
Shel gains 1 Defect (Double damage received from the next attack)!

Utzi takes aim and flings a spear at the Erchinlord, sinking deep into its flesh.
Utzi uses Skillful Toss. It hits the Erchinlord for 30 (8+8+7+1 + 6) damage. Utzi uses one spear, which can be retrieved later.

Beneath the onslaught of attacks, the Erchinlord stumbles, then falls, then fails to rise.

Seeing their leader collapse, the remaining Erchins dash out of sight - but the sounds of flamethrowers make it clear what happened to them.

The two Barons moving to clear up the site don’t do much to improve the smell - it turns out burning Erchin nest smells pretty bad, too. At least the shills they give you seem okay... though if you linger too long, that might change.

The party gains 150 Shills!

Utzi retrieves his spear.

The Erchinlord’s corpse is present. One can try to get something off of it for use, though it’ll probably leave them much smellier for a good while.

Or they can just ask the Barons to burn the thing.

Ehto

Through halting dialogue and a bit of arguing, the trio of Boggers manage to tell Ehto that these Bog parasites can give people immense physical strength and resilience under the right circumstances, and that it can also provide a sort of psionic connection to other people who are infected. Beyond that, the true capabilities of the Bog parasites are unknown.

Carlito

It looks like Arint rolls her eyes for a second. “If it were as simple as dousing the location with chemicals, we would already have done so. But it turns out filling a dig site with toxic gas is bad for public relations and worker morale. Not to mention the risk of winds spreading it into populated areas, the act of contracting enough Bilebrokers to create pesticide in sufficient quantities... At any rate, we just need to wait on some other Grifters to return from the other pest control issue, and we can proceed.”

Hibiki

Sal just nods, seemingly waiting for the others to return from their mission before the task to take on the Flead Queen.

Spoiler: Party status (click to show/hide)

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2022, 07:50:18 pm »

Utzi

Utzi wrinkles his nose as he breathes in the dead Erchinlord. "Definitely not good meat." As he gathers up his spear, he gets a closer look at the beast's face, his eyes briefly focusing on it's horns before reaching to his side where his hands grab at... nothing.

"... no hand axe." The caveman mutters to himself, before standing up and looking at the Barons. "These... shills. Do you know where I can get a hand-axe from with these?"

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2022, 12:18:23 am »

Friedhold & Nessa

Friedhold pauses for a few seconds after the beast falls still, waiting for the residents of its riddled body to revolt, but when no such explosion of gore comes he finally lets out a breath and relaxes a bit.  He shifts a hand, allowing Nessa to approach the beast while he turns his own attention towards Tsubasa.  He knew she'd been hit as he'd watched the beast scrap with her, but she wasn't showing signs of obvious injury, at least ignoring the blood.
"Let me clean the wounds.  Before infection takes hold."
His tone implied that the request probably wasn't really a choice beyond the curtesy, something reinforced with the hand of white-green flames he was holding.

At the same time, Nessa rushed towards the beast with a sort of morbid glee most comparable to a child on Christmas morning. 
"Finally an Aaaangel!  And that means Adam!"
Just as Utzi turned to question his lack of handaxe, Nessa pulled up her long needle and drove it into the chest of the creature's corpse, producing a distinct scrape of metal-on-bone.  Thick red liquid began welling up in the vial at the top of the needle, not quite the same as the blood it had lost in combat minutes ago.
By the hands of power.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2022, 12:43:18 am »

Utzi
Utzi freezes as the little girl dashes past him holding a strange, clear tube with intense glee in her voice. Glancing over at Friedhold with only a slight mote of concern about letting the child near the obviously ill beast, he relaxes a little when he sees the man seems fine with it. With a fond nostalgia in his voice, he speaks. "I remember when I was a child and I got to help butcher the latest hunts. It's good that she has an interest, even if your tribe does not require it."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2022, 12:50:08 am »

Tsubasa

The hunter looked between the three with concern. The creature was very obviously not good eating, or. . . well, whatever the girl was doing was definitely not getting food.

. . . Probably. The green flames did very little to reassure her, but she had no real reason to mistrust him either, and it was supposed to help. "Just don't inject me with anything permanent." Three ragged gashes on her arm were all the injuries she showed; the way she moved, you'd think she hadn't been hit at all.

The two made her intensely uncomfortable, in a way that made her sword hand twitch. Neither of them was human, now that she thought to look clearly. They did a decent job of pretending, but they weren't. Friedhold's skin didn't fit a normal human skeleton right, it rose in the wrong places, and Nessa. . . She'd seen something moving under her skin. They didn't seem to be demons - Nessa probably would have called her delicious by now - but they were wrong.

". . . Also." Her gaze fixated on him like a hawk's, golden eyes unconsciously narrowing slightly. "What are you two?"
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 12:59:42 am by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2022, 01:50:25 am »

Friedhold & Nessa

"I do not want to be picking worms out of your blood or trying to cure some alien fever that tears through the castle next we travel."
Friedhold steps forward and waves the flames over her arm, letting a few jump from his hand into her wound.  They burned, but not exactly like fire, more akin to alcohol, peroxide, or other chemical, a cleansing scouring of the flesh and a stemming of the bleeding.  He pauses as she asks her question, blinking and sighing at it before returning to work.
"I come from a world where man defeated all his monsters, and in so doing became the worst of them all.  She is a just a victim of that cruel world."
As soon as he finishes the flames on Tsubasa's arm and his own hand vanish as he straightens up his posture.
"I suppose I was a man once, but I gave up on my humanity long ago.  Now I just Am."

If Friedhold heard Utzi's comment he doesn't show it, instead staying focused on his conversation and helping Tsubasa.  After another stab or two Nessa retracts the needle device and tips back the now-filled container at the top to drink the foul liquid.  She wavers slightly and her eyes gather a slightly reflective silver sheen to them as she finishes and looks back to Utzi.
"This angel's all done.  Why don't we go make some more?"
Her voice echoes slightly, like two spoken together and her eyes are wide and unfocused as she stares up to Utzi waiting for a response.
By the hands of power.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2022, 02:01:34 am »

Tsubasa

She gave a slow nod. If anything, the explanation made him sound more like a demon, but whatever humanity had done in his world, it wasn't what she was faced with. It sounded worse, but Friedhold at least sounded regretful. I'll just have to keep an eye on him. Giving up on his humanity. . . what has he done? Tsubasa's eyes flicked toward Nessa, expression pinching slightly at what she could only assume was some kind of drug use. Did he do that to her? Her hand drifted toward her waist. But he regrets it. I can see it in the way he moves, that tension of faking feelings isn't there. Her hand fell. Gah, this is too complicated. If he does something bad he loses head privileges. If he doesn't then whatever, it's not my problem. I'm finding food. Wordlessly, she turned to head back to town, idly scratching at the places her wounds had just been.
GM of Trespassers V2.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2022, 02:24:39 am »

Utzi
Utzi shakes his head, a small, knowing smile growing on his face. "I know much of this beast is not good eating, but we were not lacking for food anyway. Hunts are dangerous, and while the bounties of meat are not to be ignored, we should not hunt more than we need. Unnecessary risks like that may mean the tribe doesn't have enough hunters when it actually needs them. But it is good that you are so excited to try. Has your..."
Utzi glances over at Friedhold after a moment to try to determine their relationship, before deciding it's best not to assume and offend either of them.
"Has he brought you on many hunts? While I don't think we should go... "Make more Angels" right now, I can teach you how to use tools like mine if you want to learn to make your own one day. You probably won't need to often, since a young woman has more important things to tend to than the slaying of beasts, but it's important that every member of the tribe can, if they must. Just get Friedhold's permission and I'll teach you to throw."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 02:37:37 am by nuclearwhale »

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2022, 01:22:50 pm »

Ehto
Thanking the boggers, she left them be and began jotting down notes as she returned to Arint and the stranger. She briefly caught something about pesticides and the logistics issues of gassing large swaths of the swamp, but decided not to probe too deeply into what might have prompted that line of discussion.
    "Sorry to interrupt but," she began "I've found out a bit more about those parasites you mentioned. You wouldn't happen to still have any specimens I could study, would you?"

Having the world's premier geneticist as your father had its perks. Chiefly that Ehto actually knew the few spells and rituals necessary to conduct such examinations and lacked any instinctive disgust or horror when it came to potentially bio-engineered creatures.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21