Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31

Author Topic: (SG) Petty Kingdom of New Mahallo: Reign of King Arawn  (Read 20133 times)

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Petty Kingdom of New Mahallo: Minority
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2021, 07:17:31 pm »

Tutelage: Study with Matriarch Mire
Illusions AND hexes are perfect for my plans

Let Andre go off. Having him as a champion AND having him for influence in the military are extremely useful. Tell him we love him and to take care of himself.

Let Anders go off. I’m... not wholly sure on the matter of regency, though.

Free Time:
Attend the Lich’s Court PLEASE let us convert this to a meaningfully close bond
Contribute to the Dire Kangaroo Rat Business this is basically the market option AND socialize with exotic peoples AND bonding with Pennete
Socialize with Imperials I think doing this once in our minority is essentially mandatory given our home situation
+1 to most of this, but without socializing with the imperials for now. We really need to get as much as we possibly can out of the court of the Lich, so spreading our downtime in only 2 directions as opposed to 3 seems like it'd get us more success on that front.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2021, 07:31:24 pm »

Let Andre go off. Having him as a champion AND having him for influence in the military are extremely useful. Tell him we love him and to take care of himself.

Free Time:
Contribute to the Dire Kangaroo Rat Business this is basically the market option AND socialize with exotic peoples AND bonding with Pennete
Socialize with Imperials I think doing this once in our minority is essentially mandatory given our home situation
+1 but let him be our regent its possible it may backfire but I dont think he means any harm to us or our kingdom and ultimately will be a useful asset in the future I say its worth a shot plus getting in good terms with the people who run a major religion almost always comes with major benefits if you can suck up to them enough (and major headaches if you dont)

Also replace Socialize with Imperials with Organize Hunts in the Desert with your Peers
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 10:32:46 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2021, 07:52:47 pm »

(Nah, Dragons are cooler and with an eventually specialty with necromancy we could make undead dragons of course and dracoliches, also it

Education: Study the Dragon Gods

Let Anders go off, but he doesn't become regent,

Free Time:
Attend Texulchimum's Audience Chamber
Contribute to the Dire Kangaroo Rat Business
Study in Texulchimum's Grand Library: Study the School of Transmutation

We really should fit one Study in the Grand Library Option in our career, multitudes of knowledge is possible so why aren't we taking advantage of it?, transmutation magic so that we eventually get shapeshifting magic of course.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2021, 08:03:01 pm »

Free Time:

+1 to all this EXCEPT switch Socialize with Imperials for Seek Romantic Attention (mostly from Imperials).
Since we're learning "etiquette" from the quasi-Imperial vampire queen, our free socializing can be more, er, targeted. For those sweet alliances who bring huge tracts of land, or something like that. We're only nine, that's what grownups are always talking about, right?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2021, 08:57:28 pm »

Options for Education –
Study Biomagic with the Vermant
What do you do with Andre?
Let Andre go off.
Do you allow Anders to leave? If so, does he have your blessing to help run New Mahallo once he comes of age?
Let Anders go off. Do not promise him a regent position.

Possible Free Time Activities:
Organize Hunts in the Desert with your Peers

--
Seems like the biggest threat right now is the Bloodstone Plateau. I’m thinking violence is probably going to be needed to repel the Bloodstone Plateau. That’s my reasoning for hunting in the desert, prepare Arawn to lead a mobile strike force against hostiles.

I'm against promising Anders a position as co-regent or regent. I think it's better to wait and see what skills he has when he's 17.
Max avatar size is 80x80

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2021, 09:15:15 pm »

But

But Biomagic

We can invent a breed of mounts to turn our canoe raiders into cavalry raiders. And a breed of raiders to turn our cavalry raiders into oh gods what are they please learn necromancy instead.

Options for Education –
Let Andre go off.
Do you allow Anders to leave? If so, does he have your blessing to help run New Mahallo once he comes of age?

--
Seems like the biggest threat right now is the Bloodstone Plateau. I’m thinking violence is probably going to be needed to repel the Bloodstone Plateau. That’s my reasoning for hunting in the desert, prepare Arawn to lead a mobile strike force against hostiles.

I'm against promising Anders a position as co-regent or regent. I think it's better to wait and see what skills he has when he's 17.
+1 to all this.

I don't trust Anders. I don't specifically distrust him either, but if Penteram offers him a cushy post and the clergy starts fawning over him he might drift into their ways of thinking without even realizing it. I don't think we should give him the regency as a result, but obviously we should phrase that as not wanting to interfere with our mother, who's done an excellent job so far.

Interestingly, it looks like the only Apollo question we noticeably failed was regarding our brothers. I wonder if saying we'd exile or execute them would have been enough to get us into the necromancy business.

That being said, what he said about it being possibly more trouble than it's worth sounds about right to me. Notice how almost every other brother we've got, led by the greatest general ever, is in genuine danger of being overwhelmed by a bunch of uppity priests. A necromancer monarch might end up with similar issues at a fraction of the military strength.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2021, 09:20:10 pm »

We really do have to start learning proper court etiquette at one point before it bites us in the ass assuming we still have some ambitions for reuniting the empire, seriously how do we expect to keep the empire together (assuming we get it in the first place) if we dont know the culture and customs of our own people we might as well be foreigner's at the current state (ignoring we are already foreigners to our own kingdom)

Im just worried of a worst case scenerio where our current people dislike us for being too imperial and the imperials dislike us for being too Mahallon
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 09:40:41 pm by Fluffe9911 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2021, 10:17:28 pm »

Unless the bishops win the war, we are faaaaaaar from ruling any Imperial citizens. Building a solid base at home is way more important than formally learning how to suck up to Imperials just in case we get handed several kingdoms through no fault of our own.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2021, 10:27:33 pm »

You are 100% correct but it still feels like we are just kicking the can down the road we gotta learn atleast some basic stuff at some point eh whatever ill keep pushing for it when the opportunity arises in the future but ill drop it for this vote.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 10:31:07 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2021, 10:52:38 pm »

We're not divorced from Imperial politics in the slightest, though - on the royal and noble level, everyone we are going to be dealing with in our brothers' lands AND in the highly politically connected Imperial world is Imperial, so if we actually have any serious ambitions on our brothers' kingdoms (and frankly even if we didn't. since those politics WILL come to us) actually getting some education and connections on how to deal with Imperials well is necessary lest we stumble into our ostensible goal assbackwards and half-blind.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2021, 05:16:27 am »

Options for Education –
Let Andre go off.

--

+1 to all this.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2021, 05:59:04 am »

Why are we not using the library? Knowledge is power, and even if we don’t want lots of power, knowledge can be applied in lots of ways

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2021, 07:00:47 am »

Why are we not using the library? Knowledge is power, and even if we don’t want lots of power, knowledge can be applied in lots of ways
If we believe that the given options are decent choices for learning, then write-ins are of no great advantage.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2021, 02:10:12 pm »

we need to learn some kind of abjuration or protective magics so we can put alarm wards around us and our siblings so we dont get assasinated
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2021, 02:25:08 pm »

Options for Education –
Let Andre go off.

--

+1 to all this.
+1
+1, but instead of Organize Hunts in the Desert with your Peers. If we need to get more magical knowledge to impress the Lich and that other dude, we need to spent our efforts there. Martial knowledge seems way less pressing since we sent one of our family members to become a military general

So just Study in the Texulchimum’s Grand Library: School of Abjuration Magic in replace of it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31