Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 2066 times)

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quick Question
« on: August 08, 2021, 04:31:50 am »

If I have already agreed to build a temple for some sect, how do I later on check which sect it was I made the agreement with?

I went to bed, woke up, and can't remember.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 05:37:38 am »

My method is to check which sect has the most followers. One of them should have 11 or more followers, and that's invariably the one that I made the deal with.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 02:23:34 pm »

My method is to check which sect has the most followers. One of them should have 11 or more followers, and that's invariably the one that I made the deal with.

I tried this, I have multiple groups that seem to be well over 11. :(

I even went through turning the room I've made into their temple in order to see if the temple would have the label on it saying it should be the next size or something, but I don't see one.

Dammit. Oh well, I'll wait until they complain.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2021, 04:04:14 pm »

Look up the temple in the (l)ocations menu.  It’ll mention the agreement if there is one and it hasn’t been satisfied.  Remember that the temple needs a total value of at least 2000 urists and that you need to recognize a priesthood (which you can do through the (l)ocations menu after the temple reaches the required value).
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2021, 05:17:20 pm »

Look up the temple in the (l)ocations menu.  It’ll mention the agreement if there is one and it hasn’t been satisfied.  Remember that the temple needs a total value of at least 2000 urists and that you need to recognize a priesthood (which you can do through the (l)ocations menu after the temple reaches the required value).

I just said I made temples for all the top groups and it didn't have it.

There is no temple, it was a group that wanted one. I have no idea which group wanted it.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2021, 05:44:27 pm »

I tried this, I have multiple groups that seem to be well over 11. :(

Then it is likely that all those groups over 11 individuals will ask for a temple soon enough. I'd start at the bottom and work my way up. Only the one who requested will actually need to be upgraded past 2000☼, the rest can be paupers churches until then.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2021, 05:51:48 pm »

Also, remember that only religions will ask for temples.  They’re colored differently from deities in the menu for creating temples.  My advice (besides possibly writing the information down when the petition is made) would be to make a non-denominational temple as the first temple in the fort, and then wait for each individual temple petition to be made and start preparing the room for the new temple ASAP (this is mainly to try and prevent a backlog of agreement that could cause confusion between newer agreements that aren't as pressing and older agreements that are).  Once the room is ready (dug, cleared, and smoothed), then make it a meeting area, add a new location, add a temple, look through the list for the religion with the highest number of followers (remember that religions are colored differently from deities), and choose that.  Ignore the individual deities.  Then check the e try for the temple in the locations menu.  If it’s the correct one (and the room isn’t yet valuable enough), it’ll mention the agreement.  If it doesn’t mention the agreement, but does allow you to select a priest, then you still have the correct one (and the room is already valuable enough).  If the room isn’t yet valuable enough, do whatever you need to increase it’s value and you should get a message in the announcements saying that the temple is ready for you to recognize a priesthood.  Once you choose the priest (via the locations menu), the agreement will automatically be considered to be fulfilled.

Hope that helps!

Edit:  added a slight bit more explanation…

Edit2: added a bit more clarification in places where the original text could have led to confusion.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 06:15:24 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2021, 01:55:39 am »

Are you sure it was a religion rather than a guild?

It's possible to make a temple as agreed and fail to be able to appoint a priest if there are no cult members eligible for that position (which can happen if all of them are residents, but not citizens). When that happened to me the promise was still eventually considered fulfilled.

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2021, 04:44:46 am »

Also, remember that only religions will ask for temples.  They’re colored differently from deities in the menu for creating temples.  My advice (besides possibly writing the information down when the petition is made) would be to make a non-denominational temple as the first temple in the fort, and then wait for each individual temple petition to be made and start preparing the room for the new temple ASAP (this is mainly to try and prevent a backlog of agreement that could cause confusion between newer agreements that aren't as pressing and older agreements that are).  Once the room is ready (dug, cleared, and smoothed), then make it a meeting area, add a new location, add a temple, look through the list for the religion with the highest number of followers (remember that religions are colored differently from deities), and choose that.  Ignore the individual deities.  Then check the e try for the temple in the locations menu.  If it’s the correct one (and the room isn’t yet valuable enough), it’ll mention the agreement.  If it doesn’t mention the agreement, but does allow you to select a priest, then you still have the correct one (and the room is already valuable enough).  If the room isn’t yet valuable enough, do whatever you need to increase it’s value and you should get a message in the announcements saying that the temple is ready for you to recognize a priesthood.  Once you choose the priest (via the locations menu), the agreement will automatically be considered to be fulfilled.

Hope that helps!

Edit:  added a slight bit more explanation…

Edit2: added a bit more clarification in places where the original text could have led to confusion.

Good idea.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2021, 08:07:18 pm »

There's probably a DFHack script to list your active agreements.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?