Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers v2: Monster Hunter: Rumblings of the Past  (Read 19822 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] Trespassers v2: Monster Hunter: Rumblings of the Past
« Reply #300 on: May 04, 2023, 03:35:23 pm »

Nergigante meets Brynn's eyes with a knowing gaze, then turns about to fly back through the hole it crashed through.

"Impressive," a voice called from near the entrance. A man wearing purple and white, dressed with a cape and an opera mask, walks toward the party. "I have been tracking the signal of this beast for some time now, but hadn't yet devised a plan for beating it. You have my thanks - and the thanks of this world, no doubt." A similarly colored mechanical servant floats at his side. "I'm more of a researcher than a fighter."

Astera

"Intriguing. . . There are legends of raising the dead, of course, and there are the reports on Vaal Hazak, but this phenomenon doesn't align with the latter." He opens the cage. "I don't suppose this could be taught?"
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 03:38:34 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 04, 2023, 03:45:36 pm »

Mira's attention immediately shifts to the new man, her eyes narrowing slightly, "Another world hopper. You were intending on dissecting the corpse, weren't you?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 04, 2023, 03:48:02 pm »

Brynn
Brynn couldn't help but raise a brow. How long had he been lurking there? "Oh? And pray tell, who might you be?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #303 on: May 04, 2023, 03:58:14 pm »

"I do have to admit to some academic curiosity. Rare is the specimen utilizing so many different sources of power. Alas, Tiamat is not keen on holding still for observation and study." He turns to Brynn and sweeps his foot back in a formal bow. "My name is Relius Clover, Princess. As I said, a wanderer and a researcher."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 04, 2023, 05:31:53 pm »

Kraken

Kraken raised a hand in greeting, though he didn't trust a man who wore an opera mask into a location that could prove a threat. "Are you simply here to extend your gratitude, or is there something more to your... visit?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 04, 2023, 06:07:22 pm »

"Of course it could be taught.  But the skill is simply manipulating energies which existed naturally on my world.  If the energies are not present, there is nothing to manipulate.  If they are.. I don't know how much I can tell you, as for me it's a natural thing, but perhaps I can write down some things that would help you."

"Or perhaps you'd like a more permanent sample of my substance?  That might be useful if you wish to study it.  The final alternative is you could, perhaps, come with us on our travels.  Although that would be a forever thing.  To my knowledge, we never revisit a place we have visited once."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 04, 2023, 06:56:56 pm »

“Instructor Prototype, Kaida Robotics.” She gave a polite bow to Relius. “Pleased to meet you. Is there, perhaps, some way you can aid us in our mission?”

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 04, 2023, 07:03:05 pm »

Brynn
Brynn was curious if the air of her station was really that obvious. As the others spoke though, she became more concerned with their surroundings. Namely the gaping holes and deep ruts left all over the chamber. "Perhaps it is better if we speak as we walk. The Commander will expect a report, and I do not trust this chamber to have the courtesy to not begin collapsing while we chat."
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 07:08:34 pm by Sutoratosu Akira »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #308 on: May 04, 2023, 07:42:41 pm »

"I could handle the exit from this chamber. Assuming the exit of the Eater of Elders did not frighten them away fully, there should be wingdrakes waiting above. Unless you'd prefer to trek back out the long way? And rest assured, my only interest is the fellow travelers I've encountered here."
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 04, 2023, 09:58:51 pm »

Kraken

The mercenary looked around for a moment before shrugging, "Welp, I suppose just leaving while we can is better than staying here. Let's go."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 04, 2023, 10:34:37 pm »

IP nodded. "I'll keep you covered," she said, holding her pistol at the ready.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #311 on: May 05, 2023, 01:48:41 pm »

"There will be no need." He raised up one arm commandingly. "Ignis." The robot floating behind him teleports to IP, scoops her up in one oversized hand (leaving her standing), then flies over to Kraken to do the same. It's only a few short moments before they find themselves on the ledge overlooking the freshly-opened pit. With no objections, he offers the same service to the others, moving up last himself. The wingdrakes are waiting, just as he said they'd be.
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 05, 2023, 03:35:51 pm »

Mira, still narrowing her eyes at the man, merely sighs, accepting Ignis's lift out of the chamber, and then subsequently moving to retrieve her own wingdrake.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 05, 2023, 04:37:50 pm »

Brynn
With no real reason to further delay, Brynn accepted the wanderer's offer and joined the others topside.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 05, 2023, 11:59:58 pm »

IP observed the robot carrying her carefully, making sure not to move too suddenly. She also kept an eye on the wingdrakes, in case they decided to try anything.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22