Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is this a glitch?  (Read 977 times)

Weiler (Rottenburg)

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Is this a glitch?
« on: August 06, 2021, 10:37:01 am »

Human merchants were supposed to leave a long time ago since I rejected their ridiculuos trade offer, but know they're just there, and water buffalos are in the wall?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Is this a glitch?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 11:30:35 am »

Human merchants were supposed to leave a long time ago since I rejected their ridiculuos trade offer, but know they're just there, and water buffalos are in the wall?
The water buffalos are attached to a Wagon, and that wagon is "located" at the grass ramp tile immediately to the right of the merchant.
When a wagon moves up a ramp, the animals pulling it briefly occupy the tiles behind the wall that supports the ramp, which can potentially cause problems if there are fluids behind that wall (e.g. water can make them start to drown, and magma can set them on fire).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 01:32:49 pm »

Merchants linger for about a month, even after you've concluded your trade. The buffaloes have something to do with the wagons, definitely.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 05:11:17 pm »

How odd that you didn't want to trade with them, I buy all their cages, occupied or not, with excess trade price, in the hope that next year they will bring me grizzly bears to improve my military.

The traders usually take a while to leave, and the representative they send to the tavern takes even longer. The oxen seem to have a bit of time-and-space magic about them: Give them more time, and if they're still not gone by mid-autumn, then there's a problem. Right now it looks like they're trying to go up or down a slope and the graphics are having an issue with how that works. You did give their wagon enough room to leave, right? I have once repaired a road while the traders were around, and they couldn't leave, as the road was too confusing for them to leave over it, even though they'd coped with the unrepaired road on the way in. You try to fill in some potholes... sigh.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 05:13:10 pm by Thisfox »
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 03:52:27 am »

You did give their wagon enough room to leave, right?

Oh right, if a tree grows while the merchants are there, the forest might become too dense for them to leave. Press D to see if the path out is still valid.