Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom Experiment Races  (Read 915 times)

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Custom Experiment Races
« on: July 30, 2021, 05:39:13 pm »

Has anyone had any success creating custom night creature experiments that can be produced in worldgen? There's hints of it maybe being possible with experiment-related tags in interaction and creature raws, but I haven't actually seen them used for anything.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Experiment Races
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 06:23:45 pm »

Has anyone had any success creating custom night creature experiments that can be produced in worldgen? There's hints of it maybe being possible with experiment-related tags in interaction and creature raws, but I haven't actually seen them used for anything.

Would require a entire mapping out the possibilities of SOURCE_HFID: creature to a SOURCE_HFID: entity possibly if you can snake through the archaic functions.

The comparisons between the two based off some common experiment raw pages:

- [GENERATED]
- have names that heavily denote and could be hardcoded to a capacity.

HFEXP<SourceHFID>    // Historical Figure Experiment < SourceHFID> but this is speculative.

E_BEASTL_1 (beast large?)
E_HUM_1      humanoid
E_FS_1        failure
E_BEAST_1   beast
E_HUMG_1    huge experiment

EI - CREATURE:HFEXP<SourceHFID> E_BEASTL_1
with [SOURCE_HFID:<civ sourcehfid>]

Angels are much the same but can't be divinely culminated, because there is no on demand "angel creator" and whatever HF they're set up to has them as site guardians tokens which might possibly be the trigger but is unlikely to even manifest without a [CREATURE:] steering the civ unlike a mortal civilization.

In my mind it makes practical sense that by giving a civilization a unique moniker, then attaching these creatures whether generated or not they could be chosen as suitable for the purpose if a experimentor is put in charge of a goblin-tower WORSHIP_HF esque role without demons in the invasion method, but it needs testing since generated demons are one and the same in the vein of generating their own things. The dependency or lack of [GENERATED] could make or break our utility of it.

• A side enquiry that can be reached through this is that if source-ID's can be reached by pre-defining where the entities will go, does it at all affect custom unique-demons who could be summoned this way into creating sladespires for some civs, but not others by being un-random.