Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 3  (Read 4511 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 3
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2021, 01:43:49 pm »

Azazel draws a card...

Azazel smiles and gives Rose a thumbs up.

Azazel then plays Grell!

Azazel then draws a card.

Azazel's Tentacle Crawler attacks Rulao's Symbiotic Algae growing on a Crab, destroying it! Because of Tentacle Wall, the Tentacle Crawler takes no damage!

Azazel ends his turn, and another Tentacle Crawler comes forth!

It is now Rulao's turn!

Spoiler: Azazel's Stats (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2021, 02:00:31 pm »

"The hell ya talkin' about, that wall's way more of a threat. Now we our problems're just pilin' up." With a scowl to his side, and briefly across the table as well, Rulao draws up his next card.

He adds with that ever ear-grating rasp in his voice, "Don'tcha worry tho, I just needed another turn." With that he slams down another Runic Magecraft Gandr to finish off the Tentacle Wall, lifting it's difficult effect.

With the Kelp Forest of the Deep's effect, Rulao again discards a Mossen Crushclaw to play a 1/1 copy thereof.

"Now get this ya tentacle lovin' freak, my last Mossen Crushclaw copy'll destroy one of yer Crawlers and avoid damage. While my Kelp Forest, with help from this card I'll flip, will do the last bit of damage we need to take out that two health Biome! Dig it?"

With that, he ends his turn. "Kick 'em while they're down, got it punk?"

Rose goes next!

Spoiler: Rulao's Status (click to show/hide)
I've lost control of my life.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2021, 02:26:59 pm »

I know it’s my turn, but I lost the image for the card I want to play in PMs somewhere, searching doesn’t help because images aren’t read. I’ll post my turn when I get/find the image

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2021, 02:49:38 pm »

((How did Kelp Forest gain an attack?))
I play a card

TLSL’s effect kicks in, preventing Mossen Crustacean from attacking and forcing Kelp Biome of the Deep to attack
TLSL attacks Cheer Squad, bringing Cheer Squad down to 1 Heart

Spoiler: Rose’s Field (click to show/hide)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2021, 03:02:12 pm »

"With like ten cards on the board I'm pretty sure once I start drawing Waifu Uppers we win! Which will be any second now! For the mean time I finally get to use this baby!"

"Fun trivia fact: Cheer Squad isn't technically a Waifu card! Or at least it wasn't until this baby hit it! She's now..."

"I think I can attack with her now since she's replacing a card instead of being summoned herself. Probably! She'll take Parasitic Plant down with her just in case you had some Star generators prepared!"

For some reason it doesn't attack. G3 couldn't be wrong and was probably just psyching out his opponents.
Waifufication Ray on Cheer Squad -> TYSW
TYSW Attacks Parasitic Plant destroying both.
[/s]

MKWs both attack the tentacle tokens just for fanservice I guess.

G3's field 17H 0S:
Tank Younger Sister Waifu 3/4
MKW 0/4
MKW 0/4
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 03:20:28 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2021, 03:10:55 pm »

(( Naturegirl, one of the Cheer Squads earlier gave the Kelp Forest +1/+1. I probably ought to be more precise on where these effects come from in my status spoiler. ))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2021, 03:17:07 pm »

Note: Tank Younger Sister Waifu is not actually able to attack in this scenario. You may change your action if you wish.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2021, 03:21:24 pm »

((Awww so WR is just a worse star generator :V
She'll just not attack I guess. ))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2021, 03:24:01 pm »

(( Naturegirl, one of the Cheer Squads earlier gave the Kelp Forest +1/+1. I probably ought to be more precise on where these effects come from in my status spoiler. ))
((thanks for clarifying. Question, do I bold enough or should I bold more? I try holding when effects/attacks are happening but I think I missed holding sometimes. Does holding help?))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2021, 03:36:30 pm »

When you do something that affects another player's card, you should try to bold it so that it doesn't get missed.

Azazel draws a card...

Azazel plays Star-nosed Mole!

Grell attacks G3 directly, dealing 2 Hearts of damage!

It is now Rulao's turn!

Spoiler: Azazel's Stats (click to show/hide)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2021, 03:50:50 pm »

I didn't immediately notice this one, but the effect of the Terrible Lobster Snake in the Leaves should only take effect at the time the card is played.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2021, 03:53:54 pm »

I didn't immediately notice this one, but the effect of the Terrible Lobster Snake in the Leaves should only take effect at the time the card is played.
oh whoops, thought effects happened as long as the card is alive, I don’t like having to edit posts after turns are made since it might look like traveling to the past or something (probably doesn’t make sense) Ignore TLSL’s most recent compulsion forces

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2021, 03:58:22 pm »

Rulao draws a card, and makes his grimace known. Even so, there's a certain sense of confidence in those beady eyes of his. Maybe it's misplaced however. . .

"I'll play another one of yer Thorny Vines, thank ya kindly Rose!" He wheezes, tossing the card down from his hand.

"I'm gonna guess using this Kelp Forest's effect for a star card ain't gonna cut it unless I've got the stars. . . Which I don't." For once he keeps from whittling down his hand to nothing and simply sticks with that play.

"Guess my Forest's gotta attack no matter what, so. . ." He sends it first after Azazel's Tentacle Kitty. Destroying it. Sucking his teeth in annoyance, he decides to have his Crushclaw that wasn't affected by Rose's Snake-thing, attack it, destroying the Terrible Lobster Snake in the Leaves.

Rulao's Kelp Forest attacks Azazel's remaining Crawler and destroys it!

"Guess I oughta get rid of the strongest player here, even if it means this field." He pushes forward the two Mossen Crushclaws and Symbiotic Algae growing on a Crab to all attack Rose's Parasitic Plant, destroying all four of the cards.

To the Terrible Lobster-Snake, he remarks, "Damn. After we had that buddy-buddy moment with that Brisk dude, I totally forgot to put his card in."

Rulao ends his turn, sending it back to Rose.

Spoiler: Rulao's Status (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2021, 04:19:30 pm »

((How did the mole attack G3? I thought cards protected both players on a team))
((Sorry for the incorrect Star count last turn, this is corrected now))
Rose talks to Azazel
“I have some healing cards, sorry for not using them earlier, I was focused on getting more cards on the field”
“You all probably know what this is, it can be attacked while face down, it’s the only card I can play right now

TLSL attacks Kelp Forest of the Deep, bringing it down to 5 Hearts and destroying TLSL
“Rulau, you’re not the only one who forgot a card, while you mentioned forgetting the snake, I might as well mention I forgot the Kelp Forest this time. I now see how valuable a token generator is, even if the tokens themselves are weak”
Spoiler: Rose’s Field (click to show/hide)
((If anyone forgets what any initials mean, say so in double parentheses and I will clarify))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 04:35:52 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2021, 04:22:41 pm »

(( Naturegirl, it wasn't the Mole that attacked G3, it was the Grell. Which has the 'Flying' keyword. Earlier it was stated that creatures with flying can only be blocked by other flying creatures, or effects that explicity state so. Since nothing could block the Grell, it could attack G3 directly. Make sense? ))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 04:33:15 pm by Unraveller »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11