Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding new machine buildings  (Read 928 times)

Haethei

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Modding new machine buildings
« on: July 19, 2021, 08:47:09 pm »

Hi everyone, I tried to use a few different keywords in the search to see if anyone has asked these kind of questions before but I wasn't getting anywhere, so I figured I should just ask and hope this helps other people find the answer too. I already understand the basics of mod making, so I explored for a bit but couldn't figure out how to make new machine-like buildings (windmill, axle, screw pump, etc) by modifying raws.

Is it possible to create new power generating buildings (windmill, water wheel)?

Is it possible to create new power transfer buildings (axle, gear assembly)?

Is it possible to create new workshops or simple buildings that require power (millstone, screw pump)?

I haven't found any examples or tokens that would allow this functionality, but I could be missing something. I've seen people do pretty creative stuff and these buildings almost seem like they're within reach for modding.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding new machine buildings
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 05:18:49 am »

In raws as toady has provided it for this version, definitive no to all answers. These are hardcoded.

However DFhack does come-pre-equipped with a steam-engine machine inside df/hack/raw , working outside the boundaries of RAW tokens as a building that generates power through itself for a number of ingame days (by a connected script) when it is given buckets of water and fuel (mirroring into a magma version) that can be connected to axles.

Haethei

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Modding new machine buildings
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 10:23:51 pm »

In raws as toady has provided it for this version, definitive no to all answers. These are hardcoded.

However DFhack does come-pre-equipped with a steam-engine machine inside df/hack/raw , working outside the boundaries of RAW tokens as a building that generates power through itself for a number of ingame days (by a connected script) when it is given buckets of water and fuel (mirroring into a magma version) that can be connected to axles.

Thanks for the answer, I will look at that dfhack building :)