Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38

Author Topic: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale -- TURN 14  (Read 25690 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale -- TURN 14
« Reply #480 on: September 12, 2021, 07:19:38 am »

Bap
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 13, 2021, 01:17:28 am »

Boop
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 14, 2021, 05:17:05 pm »

TURN SEVENTEEN
Tiresome time wheeleth by,
And I gaze down from starlight sky,
Ye oh children cometh hence,
I beg thee, seek thy recompense.

- Dr. Unpleasant -

FATES DESCISION - CREATING ARMOUR - 1d10 + 1 (Secondary Aspect) = 7   

Hardly all that worse for wear, the good doctor surveys his blighted land, desiccated by time and great blazes, no doubt in part by the ancient artefact staved in one hand. 'Neathe his will, the armies of the unliving form up once again 'midst the western wastes. Under the imposing shadow of the excavated volcano, the dead ones begin to toil, working to strengthen the bulwark of clays and dried soil that withstood the yellow mystic's attacks. Most of all the Pixelated Dead ones, a revelry in their laboring in death to restore that which they destroyed in life. Their master disappears into the temple once more, astride their stone steed. Those hooves echo through mazelike halls as the mystic in black gathers scraps of bronze and iron both in their magicked grasp. Floating alongside the man as he descended, his eye strays naught upon either poultice nor bandage, little more than the dregs of rotten leather to salve his pain. But no matter, as he reaches the inner sanctum, he flicks his wrist in one forceful motion, condensing the metals into one another while shaving off the patina coating the bronze. After not too long, a goodly suit of mail, all agleam against the light of flame is made whole and fit to his body. May it ward off any and all physical threats.

- Clesydros -

FATES DESCISION - SOLAR STRIKE - 1d10 + 2 (Primary Aspect) + 1 (Origin of Englightenment) - 2 (Delirium) = 11!
FATES DESCISION - TRANSLOCATION - 1d10 + 2 (Primary Aspect) + 1 (Origin of Englightenment) - 2 (Delirium) = 7     

Even without an atmosphere to reverberate the noise, as Clesydros' warped magicks begin peeling motes of blazing energy off the red ball of flame, it screams in abject agony. Within, the mystic of space and time can feel the suffering he doles out to the celestial object in his stupor, its wails nearly coming together in his mind and the minds of his fellows as sorrowful warnings, and wistful musings, yet packaged all in ear-splitting noise. In that brief moment, as his breath quickened and his thoughts muddied, he couldn't possibly hope to parse such maddened ravings. Shaking the strangeness from his brow, he directs the heavenly power through the flow of space, through the dark vastness back down toward the Nameless World, let the heartwood of it all be left smoldering and ash. Let the reality-warper, the throne, it all be as naught!

Another maddened whispering brings him to attention among the hold of Anassa, she cowers, the Kosmites cower, the Razorwings cower, afraid of their creator, afraid of the echoing images in their shared heads. The worries knock some semblance of sense back into Clesydros, the muddleness slowly easing away. In a moment of clarity he blinks, uttering a strengthened spell, enrapturing all he and his creations in a bubble. By the moment the bubble bursts, they're vanished from the void above. When at last you and your's thoughts catch up to your relocation, you've been set upon the largest of lands, a vast stretch of rock and little else. Your attentions snap to the east where a great meteor of light descends. . .

- % Amon % -

FATES DESCISION - ASTRAL WELL - 1d10 + 3 (Transcendant Aspect) + 1 (Temporary Buff) = 11!

With all the space available seated before the grand Cosmic Throne, what better a use than to bolster your own magicks? So much power flows through you and your kith, BoB snaps their great stone fingers practicing little cantrips of sparks and shapes, amused by the newfound will, while Gazey joyously hops and skips across the plateau, firing off moonlit beams of magicks through his central eye off into the cloudless skies. Feeling the same frenetic energy, you pull in the energies of branches far-reaching into the world above, feeding magicks to your many fingertips. With one thrust of a hand, the ancient stone of the spire warps into a great sphere, about the size of a small house. Without warning, it levitates a few feet above the surface, to which then you beset all the will of the Cosmos. Your azure spell rippling across the surface of the stone and transforming it into an indistinguishable look into the deepness of the stars. Your eyes affix upon the image, this conduit of astral magicks, and to it you see the Nameless World, the heartwood of this reality. Thereon extends seven strong roots, seeping into worlds beyond your sight, the eighth overcome by blackness. . . No matter the oddities of what the globe shows to you, you are certain spells can be funneled through it to be cast down anywhere on this dead land.

"H-Hey boss what's that!" Gazey bleats out, electing you to look upward. An immense ball of green flame billows down from on high! The energies within are blistering even from the great distance between yourself and it, the celestial object's mere existence seeming to tear the starlight from your flesh. It makes no attempt to halt its oncoming rage!

- Yellow Pixel -

FATES DESCISION - BESTOW HAPPINESS - 1d10 + 1 (Secondary Aspect) = 2

The Yellow Pixel takes flight once more with renewed convictions! The Pixel Falcon's wings see them soaring from the massive tower of stone that supports the Throne and descends down deep into the lands below coated with the mockery of life. Sure, the Pixel thinks, all of their joyous friends may have met their end to that nasty mean necromancer. But, who says you can't make new even happier friends?! So then, the Falcon lowers you and the few .squirrels to the airspace above the Methuselah, giving you a greater sense of the Bedlam. The land pulses almost as flesh does, arterial trees gout substances like blood, while pustules in the earth spawn more and more of the freakish imp-like creatures whose sole purpose seems to be a cycle of self-cannibalization. This won't do. Your yellow magicks of happiness flutter down unto the beasts encompassing them in pure joy, in hopes to sway their hearts and minds from this slaughter. Only. . . It seems to have no effect, no, rather it emboldens them, the Methuselah utterly revels in their meaningless bloodshed, they're already brimming with joy! It just isn't quite the same type that the Yellow Pixel might stand for. The spell seemingly fizzles. In fact, the creatures seem to take notice of the falcon's presence in the sky, they begin to claw over one another futilely in hopes to get at you. Even despite the little failure, it wasn't all bad, your movement situated yourself far out of the way of the solar blast hurdling towards Amon and the throne.

- ? -

FATES DESCISION - CONSTRUCT GOLEM - 1d10 + 2 (Primary Aspect) = 11!

Shambled as it is, the Keep of Black Apathy well withstood the other mage's onslaught, and it will come out better for it. As the fungal bewitching dark woods drink of the voidlines and engorge, ensuring no more souls beyond this pale imitation will find their way safely through their shifting paths. While the great swelling sea takes on a hue starker than the deepest of nights, the beasts that lurk below in mirrored labyrinths of sea stone, holding court amongst deep horrors far beyond reckoning keep all whom would dare sail to the east either sunk or repelled. Now was a time for recuperation, and gathering of all the power neccesary to wipe out the remaining six, should they all still yet draw breath.

At once her magicks again sunk deep into the pit of the void, deep into the ever swirling nothingness from which all returned one day. The enchanted colossus, still fresh and brimming with spells of life and death was absorbed therein, along with all the earth of the afore opened pit. The ancient whale bones as its skeleton, the void at its core, and the condensed heavy marble of shimmering white its great stone body. A fist emerges, gripping the edge of the abyssal portal and wrenching itself into existence from naught so. Its great size and statue dwarfed the oncoming Sailor, returning from its sojourn at last. With a great slam of its rock hands, the Golem of Cantlin's birth was heralded, a stalwart defender of ? and their companions until all would at last be returned to the primordial nothing.

Spoiler: Golem of Cantlin (click to show/hide)

- Shapeless Apparition -

FATES DESCISION - INSPECT ORB - 1d10 = 8

The buds mimicking your formless body make no delay, altering their course to roll out from their respective tunnels while the majors continue digging. The Buds ride up along the strands of matter connecting your blobby self to the nodes beyond the cavern and feed them well. The extra mass engorging therein seems to accelerate the growth of all the eyes of each mutated node, their tendrils quickly expanding, burrowing, and beginning to grow into their own new nodes. Time permitting, your rate of expansion will soon increase notably! As they do so, one intrepid bud at last worms its way to the surface, at first smitten by the red daylight beaming down from on high, then taking by the wide-reaching landscape of petrified rock and scoured nothingness. The shoreline slowly eroding thanks to the parasites within. Within a few moments more however it spots something, a familiar something. Two or more creatures of similar shape bounding about the land, resembling little boulders with large fleshy eyes, thanks to its stature, they don't seem to notice the bud immediately, but they continue their movements tirelessly.

Below, the main body slinks into the previously vacuum-sealed chamber of stone, down to where that skeletal figure clasps its heirloom in finality. Unending storms billow within the crystalline sphere, like all the primordial tempests of this Nameless World had been captured and condensed into the palm of a hand. One of your tendrils test the field of magicks about it, moving slowly, ever so-slowly without daring to touch the surface. The aura about the object tingles every atom of your alien body, yet with a careful mystic probe you are certain that the artefact clutched in bone fingers is most definitely a conduit of all magicks thunderous and plasmic. As for whether you could swallow it. . . The orb would doubtfully go down without a fight.

- Maria 'Habitat' Violet -

FATES DESCISION - ENVENOM RAY - 1d10 + 2 (Primary Aspect) = 6

To the Ray, you lift up one of the few Mana Flowers sprouting about the forest taking proper shape. Carefully you picked it's crimson bulb beneath the shade of the strong trees having taken root, before mortaring it into a coarse powder. In your world-worn hands the ingredient radiates a mystical glow, and even more so under the light above as you take it to the Graminaceous Ray. The docile creature rears its massive body upward, shadowing you well as with a single breath the powder is blown across the underside of it's stomach. At first the red powder settles and stains its belly, the creature nearly sneezing as it does. (You didn't even realize it could do that!) The redness coalesces into small nodes all across the verdant monster's underside, able to release a concentrated powder from above that causes a certain mystical overload within those whom contact it. Such an untreated poison could spell doom for those who cannot vent excess magicks. But the Ray is unable to easily produce this toxin so quickly, meaning it must recharge for a turn between uses.

GRAMINACEOUS RAY GAINS CRIMSON POWDER.

- Hood -

FATES DESCISION - ENLARGE WORKSPACE - 1d10 = 10!

For a while you remain motionless within the little dimensional box, wallowing in the agony of your wounds as the minor magicks of your body slake their bloodlust. Your eyes, bereft of emotion stare blankly out beyond the smallness of your spatial distortion, casting themselves across the Sea of Chaos in its tumultuous existence. It is the stuff of creation, the purest energy, so unpredictably vast, so unstably formed as to be anathema to itself. With great roils entropy overtakes entropy in an unending whirlpool buried within each and every molecule of all that is not of the void between all else. You do not dare step one limb beyond your little space, lest all that you were, are, and ever will be should be obliterated in totality. Yet still, more space you desire, at least then you can rest better. With a few selective words, the invisible box about you extends to the limits of your magick in this place. About fifteen by fifteen feet across, giving you some room to work yet more. Any larger and your spell might just falter for a moment, and all the stuff of chaos be flooded into the pocket.

((Hopefully no more delays for a while longer.))
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 14, 2021, 05:49:54 pm »

(Yes, that is a reference, thanks for noticing  :) I continue to roll high it seems. Assuming the furniture is here too.)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 14, 2021, 06:25:21 pm »

Amon’s eyes widen and he curses, “Damn that crazy bastard! THIS IS HOW HE REPAYS ME FOR MY GENEROSITY!

Yellow friend, HELP ME!

Use my astral Aspect to create a permanent shield over the island which will stand tall and wide, covered in twinkling stars.

Amon
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gazey:

Bob:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 06:26:52 am by Knightwing64 »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 15, 2021, 12:25:13 am »

"Here goes nothing!" The extended tendril wraps and assimilates the orb into Apparitions vast body, absorbing whatever magicks in it into its possesion.

"I wonder if I can do what I think I can now." Apparition confidently releseases all of its magical energy with the intention of expansion onto new territory. Soon, this contineng will be but hollowed out!

Apparition, after its surge of magickal expenditure, shifts its focus onto the lone bud it sent outside to explore. And finds out about the eye-roxk pest situation. It orders the blob to flatten itself onto the ground, then slide away to make an escape to the sea.

Eat the glowing orb

Sprout new nodes from the upgraded ones

Order the lone bud outside to try and sneak away. For the rest, they shall continue doing what they were doing.

| The Shapeless Apparition | Assimilation/Change Mystic |
| ♥ 11/7 | MGT:1 SKL:1 HRD:4 WIL:4 |
| (++) Assimilation Magic | (+) Change Magic |

| The Buds |
| SMALL SIZE | BLOB | ♥ 1 | MGT:0 SKL:3 HRD:0 WIL:0 | ANIMALISTIC |
Spoiler:  The Buds (click to show/hide)

| The Major Buds |
| MEDIUM SIZE | BLOB | ♥ 2 | MGT:1 SKL:1 HRD:0 WIL:1 | ANIMALISTIC |
Spoiler:  The Major Buds (click to show/hide)

(Is my Bud farm fully functional by now?)
[/quote]
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 15, 2021, 03:07:09 am »

"A gleaming suit of armour just like I've always wanted."
Have my troops continue to upgrade the fortifications, while I go out to the coast and raise the corpses and ships of sailors lost while out at sea and have them sail their ruined ships over to the island.

-- Dr. Unpleasant --
| Dr. Unpleasant | Death/Creation Mystic |
| ♥ 5/6 | MGT:2 SKL:2 HRD:2 WIL:4 |
| (++) Death Magic | (++) Fire Magic(CD:1) | (+) Creation Magic | MOUNTED |

Spoiler: Dr. Unpleasant (click to show/hide)
Minions:
| POP LVL 3 | Ashen Idols | HUMAN SIZE | ASH HUMANOID |
| ♥ 1 | MGT:2 SKL:1 HRD:3 WIL:0 |
| MINDLESS | WATER SOLUBLE | LIFELESS FORM | EQUIPMENT | MOUNTED |

Spoiler: Ashen Idols (click to show/hide)
| POP LVL 6 | Enkindled Ones | 1/2 HUMAN SIZE | EMBER HUMANOID |
| ♥ 1 | MGT:2 SKL:0 HRD:2 WIL:0 |
| MINDLESS | EMBER BODIES | LIFELESS FORM | EQUIPMENT |

Spoiler: Enkindled Ones (click to show/hide)
| POP LVL 4 | The Hateful Dead | VARIOUS |
| MINDLESS |
Spoiler: The Hateful Dead (click to show/hide)
| POP LVL 4 | The Pixelated Dead | SQUIRRELS AND LARGE SPIDERS|
| MINDLESS | TWO DIMENSIONAL |
Spoiler: The Pixelated Dead (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 15, 2021, 05:34:16 am »

|| Clesydros || Δ COLLECTIVE | DELIRIOUS | HUMAN | Time/Space Mystic || ♥ 5/5 | MGT:1 SKL:5 HRD:2 WIL:2 || (++) Time Magic | ((++) Creation Magic / (+) All Magic) | (+) Space Magic | (--) All ||
   [INV: Robes | 'Enchanted Timepiece']
   [Δ COLLECTIVE CASTES:
      || POP LVL 4 | Kosmites || Δ COLLECTIVE | REVERSE-TIME REGENERATION | HUMAN SIZE | CRYSTAL HUMANOIDS || ♥ 2 | MGT:2 SKL:4 HRD:2 WIL:0 ||
      || Anassa || INTELLIGENT | Δ COLLECTIVE | FLYING | CAPACITY:(POP LVL 5 | HUMAN SIZE) | REVERSE-TIME REGENERATION | COMMERCIAL AIRPLANE SIZE | CRYSTAL DRAGONFLY || ♥ 4/4 | MGT:4 SKL:2 HRD:3 WIL:2 ||
         [INV: Clesydros | Some(3) Kosmites | Numerous(4) Razorwings | Few(2) Kruovios]
      || POP LVL 4 | Razorwings || Δ COLLECTIVE | REVERSE-TIME REGENERATION | FLYING | BACKPACK SIZE | CRYSTAL ARTHROPODS || ♥ 1 | MGT:2 SKL:2 HRD:1 WIL:1 ||]
   [SUBORDINATES:
      || POP LVL 2 | Kruovios || MINDLESS | LIFELESS FORM | 3/2 HUMAN SIZE | DIAMOND HUMANOIDS || ♥ 5 | MGT:4 SKL:0 HRD:6 WIL:0 ||]

Clesydros once again peers through the senses of Anassa, hovering barely a few stories above the dull, grey ground, with Clesydros slowly coming to his senses.
"Ash. This world is made of ash! Although i was beginning already to miss having air and some solid ground beneath my feet... Somewhere down there."
The green ball of flame he hurled toward the Throne did almost slip Clesydros' mind but it's a thing hard to miss and looking through the compound sight of his collective at the celestial mass streaking down from the heavens, slowly but surely making its way toward the plateau where the Cosmic Throne sits, he remarks "Oh dear, i do not think the reality-warper will like this very much, not very much at all. No doubt if he survives this, he will try to retaliate. If, that is. If he has even a shred of intellect, he'll teleport or otherwise clear out before it hits. If he's as stubborn as a mule, and the stereotypical reality-warper being stubborn and impulsive, he'll try to make a shield to stop it. No doubt if he survives he'll retaliate, and being as impulsive, unimaginative, egoistical and uninspired as reality-warpers tend to be, he'll try to attack me with something that'll home in on me using my magical signature... Bah! Speaking of the reality-warper, why didn't the fancy god-chair grant me transcendence as it did to the reality warper? I distinctly remember that he did not look as i saw him when i first arrived here. Bah, whatever! I'll make my own transcendence! I am not some power-hungry reality-warper who seeks to gain power he hasn't earned! No, i make my own power as i always have."
He shakes his head, trying to get back on track

"Oh dear that was a bit of tangential rant... What was i thinking of just then? Ah yes! This dreary place, just like all of this world. But there's just much more of it, much more than that little island. While the island is dear to me, i think we shall settle here for a while. Besides, it's a good idea to stay on the move... Yes, i'll think about that more later... But for now we shall be here. And of course the first thing to do when arriving in a new environment is to look around and scout. Meanwhile, my dear Anassa, please fly back to our old island and bring here the ones left behind, as well as anything else you can, such as some of the crystal clusters and the birds, if you can. Please fly with haste, but give the Throne a very wide berth.

Enough Razorwings to match us in number will remain here and perform visual scouting, while the remainder will fly with you, Anassa.

At the same time i will perform magical scanning using my time magic; Eidos scanning. By looking into the past and summing the changes to space that have taken place in the recent past, one can make a sort of 'heatmap' of activity. Normally such scanning has little application, but in this dull place devoid of the usual activity of life, it'll work wonders for detecting anything that might be alive.

The present Kosmites, meanwhile shall dig in and begin forming the basic layout of some kind of settlement. And so will the Kruovios. The Kruovios, you shall begin work on a trench surrounding it."

Spoiler: Clesydros (click to show/hide)
Castes:
Spoiler: Kruovios (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kosmites (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Anassa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Razorwings (click to show/hide)

NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 15, 2021, 06:29:15 am »

(Alright, I changed my post to have the sheets. Also, does the meteor thing get a -1 from my mystifying trait?)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 15, 2021, 08:48:01 am »

? finally notices something is up over in the direction of the Cosmic Throne. The huge ball of green fire lighting up the sky is a big hint.

Spread the Voidline thick and far in the direction of the Cosmic Throne's Base. Seep into the altars surrounding it in a patchwork. Until the sea around the pillars fall to the abyss, preventing casual access.

"No rest for us my friend. Can you take the Abyssal Sailor and check out the other two dungeon's for recruits? Start with Woe's Den and take some of the fruits with you. Plant them so that it may spread around the den. The Beastkin should see about quarrying stones for building."

(Action this turn is a Xenoblade 2 reference. Location Spoiler)
(There is already 1 vein halfway there. It also happens to be where the undersea dungeon seed is. The influx is bound to help it)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 08:56:16 am by TricMagic »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 15, 2021, 10:33:34 am »

hood opens a portal to a empty plane that he can survive in
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 15, 2021, 02:37:41 pm »

Fly with the Ray to the nearest island
((I’m not sure how many turns that would take or if flying with the Ray counts as the magical action since the Ray is magical))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 15, 2021, 02:41:34 pm »

Fly with the Ray to the nearest island
((I’m not sure how many turns that would take or if flying with the Ray counts as the magical action since the Ray is magical))
(? can't catch a break huh. Well, time for another fight.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 15, 2021, 02:44:51 pm »

(( you will turn the world into a void of nothingness))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 15, 2021, 02:57:39 pm »

(( you will turn the world into a void of nothingness))
(And from that world will creation occur. And from that world will creation end. Such is the way of life. One day it dies.)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38