Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38

Author Topic: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale -- TURN 14  (Read 25744 times)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale -- TURN 13
« Reply #390 on: August 25, 2021, 04:43:05 pm »

Beep
(This guy's right ya' know. :P)

(Okay for real. We're still lacking 2 actions. From Yellow Pixel and King Zultan. Yep, both sides of an ongoing conflict.
Yellow Pixel i sort of understand, but unusually, he's been inactive for 2 days now. However, King Zultan is the real headscratcher here. I'm not sure how or why he didn't make an action here today, but he didin't... Unraveller can't really "Pre-write" stuff either, because basically every single action this turn is connected to another...)
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 25, 2021, 04:46:31 pm »

(( I'm not too worried about it Strik3r, turns will happen as they do. King Zultan is in a ton of other games concurrently, at least it always seems that way, so I can't blame them for taking their time. No worries, I'm a patient sort. Even if some of you aren't. :p  ))
I've lost control of my life.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 25, 2021, 05:19:55 pm »

(( I'm not too worried about it Strik3r, turns will happen as they do. King Zultan is in a ton of other games concurrently, at least it always seems that way, so I can't blame them for taking their time. No worries, I'm a patient sort. Even if some of you aren't. :p  ))

Beep

Patience is for nerds

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 25, 2021, 05:23:21 pm »

Coming back from the west on a Pixel Falcon, I will evoke a massive yellow flying boa made of pure happiness, crackling and buzzing as if brimmed with electricity, that will lunge on Dr. Unpleasant, gobble him, and shock him at again with sublime waves of joy! It won't be a live snake though, but only some kind of temporary charm of high-voltage!

At the same time, the .squirrels riding the other Pixel Falcons will continue the banana bombarding.

(I just hope they still have banana bombs with them... If not they will have to reload at the castle. Also, I might edit my actions a little tomorrow if I have the time and the next turn is not already posted.)

| Yellow Pixel | Pixel/Happiness Mystic |
| 5/5 | MGT:1 SKL:5 HRD:2 WIL:2 |
| (++) Pixel Magic | (+) Happiness Magic |

Spoiler: Yellow Pixel (click to show/hide)

Close friends:

| POP LVL 4 | .squirrels | SQUIRREL SIZE | 2D SQUIRREL |
| 1 | MGT:0 SKL:2 HRD:1 WIL:0 |
| ANIMALISTIC | TWO DIMENSIONAL |

Spoiler: .squirrels (click to show/hide)

| POP LVL 2 | Pixel Falcons | HIPPO SIZE | 2D FALCONS |
| 3 | MGT:2 SKL:2 HRD:3 WIL:1 |
| ANIMALISTIC | TWO DIMENSIONAL |

Spoiler: Pixel Falcons (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 05:32:09 pm by Yellow Pixel »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 25, 2021, 06:54:02 pm »

Coming back from the west on a Pixel Falcon, I will evoke a massive yellow flying boa made of pure happiness, crackling and buzzing as if brimmed with electricity, that will lunge on Dr. Unpleasant, gobble him, and shock him at again with sublime waves of joy! It won't be a live snake though, but only some kind of temporary charm of high-voltage!

At the same time, the .squirrels riding the other Pixel Falcons will continue the banana bombarding.

Yay! Pixel buddy!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 07:03:21 pm by Knightwing64 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 26, 2021, 06:55:33 am »

(However, King Zultan is the real headscratcher here. I'm not sure how or why he didn't make an action here today, but he didin't...)
(Just ran out of time to post yesterday.)

"You think some damned bombs are gonna stop me, well your FUCKING WONG!"
Have the Ashen Idols and Enkindled Ones regroup and charge through the castle and kill everything they find on the other side of it, while the Hateful Dead refocus their bows onto the falcons, and I jump onto one of the dead idols horses and ride it into the cover of the tomb, also after all my troops are through the castle I cast a spell bringing that dumb yellow castle to life and have it eat everything inside it.

-- Dr. Unpleasant --
| Dr. Unpleasant | Death/Creation Mystic |
| ♥ 6/6 | MGT:2 SKL:2 HRD:2 WIL:4 |
| (++) Death Magic | (++) Fire Magic(CD:1) | (+) Creation Magic |

Spoiler: Dr. Unpleasant (click to show/hide)
Minions:
| POP LVL 3 | Ashen Idols | HUMAN SIZE | ASH HUMANOID |
| ♥ 1 | MGT:2 SKL:1 HRD:3 WIL:0 |
| MINDLESS | WATER SOLUBLE | LIFELESS FORM | EQUIPMENT | MOUNTED |

Spoiler: Ashen Idols (click to show/hide)
| POP LVL 6 | Enkindled Ones | 1/2 HUMAN SIZE | EMBER HUMANOID |
| ♥ 1 | MGT:2 SKL:0 HRD:2 WIL:0 |
| MINDLESS | EMBER BODIES | LIFELESS FORM | EQUIPMENT |

Spoiler: Enkindled Ones (click to show/hide)
| POP LVL 4 | The Hateful Dead | VARIOUS |
| MINDLESS |
Spoiler: The Hateful Dead (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 26, 2021, 07:23:42 am »

((Well, that's some clever thinking right there. Dubious, but clever in theory. :) ))

((Anyway that's all turns in. Here are the updated sheets of players who didn't post their sheets along with their actions, this turn.

Minions:
Spoiler: Great Hoppers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Great Mantids (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Graminaceous Ray (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Hood (click to show/hide)
Minions:
Spoiler: The Forgotten (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Barrowhold Giant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Destruction Elementals (click to show/hide)

Notes: Hood is down to 3 Wounds remaining...))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 27, 2021, 04:13:38 pm »

Beep

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 27, 2021, 04:43:34 pm »

(( It'll come tonight, I just woke up now. Had a very long night yesterday. ))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 27, 2021, 05:34:19 pm »

(( It'll come tonight, I just woke up now. Had a very long night yesterday. ))
(( I just woke up now. Had a very long night. ))
(( very long night. ))

:P

(I blame my overactive imagination.)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 27, 2021, 11:28:28 pm »

TURN FOURTEEN
Awaken, oh master,
Whom forges the mountains,
Whom weaves the clouds,
Whom pours the seas.

- '?' - & - Hood -

FATES COLLIDE! - ENTROPY & NOTHINGNESS -
DESTRUCTIVE BEAM -- 1d10 + 3 (Might) + 2 (Primary Aspect) + 3 (Elemental Absorption)= 13!
ABYSSAL RAY -- 1d10 + 5 (Might) + 2 (Primary Aspect) = 13!

Still the twin beams of nothingness and destruction intertwine over the land, cracking and blasting apart the earth below were their great might struggles. With each moment that passes, ever more power is poured into the spells by either side, engorging the singularity where they meet, growing ever more to a frightening degree that would ward off even those who deign themselves as 'gods'. Despite the incredible push back where hope seemed dim, Hood manages to hold on, all of his malice, all of his anger are abosrbed by the entropic beam, engorging it and padding against the focusing abyss that intends to pierce straight through, after not too long, the Destruction Elementals meld into the necromancer's spell, disappearing in the process but feeding it just enough to prevent the man's anhilation. No progress is made on either side, onlyproving to further shake the Nameless World.

'?' CONTROLS THEIR SPELL -- 1d10 + 3 (Skill) + 2 (Primary Aspect) = 11!
FORGOTTEN RESIST OBLITERATION -- 1d10 + 2 (Hardiness) = 9
BARROWHOLD RESISTS OBLITERATION -- 1d10 + 3 (Hardiness) = 12!

With the advantage now, the Onyx skinned mystic from her Keep of Black Apathy refutes the place's very name, focusing all her power not to turn all before her to nothing, but to protect the ones whom care for her. Off the twirling beams, little bubbles of non-light seep out, enveloping the Beastkin, Soldier, and the Chrome Bits to temporily protect them from death as they charge.

FATES DESCISION - GIANT SMASH! - 1d10 + 5 (Might) = 12!
FATES DESCISION - RESIST VOID FIELD - 1d10 + 3 (Hardiness) = 10!

(( You're right, this Giant rolls stupidly well. ))

The massive skeleton seeks to destroy their foe's vessel, even as the crew charges across an arm, nearly reaching the titan's chest. With a mighty heave, the megalithic undead smashes a bony fist into the pulsating hull of the stone ship. A reverberant cry echoes out from the enchanted void-skin of the ship, yet its retalitory tendrils of inky darkness are cast off by whatever magick animates the Barrowhold Giant. The Abyssal Sailor falls to the earth below meteroically, losing its loft in the attack. With a great crash, it cracks the weakened stone below.

FATES COLLIDE! - BEASTKIN & SOLDIER VS. THE FORGOTTEN -
BEASTKIN CHARGE -- 1d10 + 2 (Skill) = 8
LONE SOLDIER -- 1d10 + 3 (Skill) = 9
FORGOTTEN DEFEND HOOD -- 1d10 + 2 (Skill) = 4

Unable to be shaken from their charge, the crew of the Abyssal Sailor reach the chest cavity of the giant, their blades outstretched. Surrounding the mystic, even as the twin spells work to deteriorate their bones, the few remaining Forgotten stand firm with their shields and spears pointed forth as the final bulwark. Voidblades meet bone with a great cry and squealing roar from the beastkin. The armaments that they'd been given slice easily through the enchantments surrounding the ancient skeletons, rendering them as mere piles in a few swipes. The Soldier does not relent herself, sending her estoc straight through the skulls and spinal columns of these dusty old bones, together their mighty onslaught renders naught but a single Forgotten solider left to defend Hood. The circumstance growing more dire by the moment as that red-mystic's eye gazes at the intruders before him. But. . . Would could he do? Release the spell and deal with them? And be consumed by it? Or continue to struggle back, hoping to overcome the enemy, yet with his felled skeletons save one, what would stop these foes from running him through?

Destruction Elementals -- Population: Few (2) -> Extinct (0)[/b]
Chrome Bits -- Population: Few (2) -> Solitary (1)[/b]

- Maria 'Habitat' Violet -

FATES DESCISION - CONNECTING MINDS - 1d10 + 2 (Primary Aspect) = 4

You place your forehead gently against the massive verdant ray, borne of all the seeds you'd sowed thus far. Within it runs the essence of your magicks, perhaps this connection, this intrinsic mother and child relationship is what brought a certain docilility to the monster's heart. As your flesh graces it, all the rile that was left within seems to fade away, and it lets out a deep, soothing coo that echoes throughout the forest of grass. To this end, you speak a few kind words into the Graminaceous Ray's head, and place a plam thereon, a short burst, a glow of vibrant green and blue entwine over it and seep into the beast. Yet. . . After a few moments more you find no errant thoughts that are not your own, and neither does the creature seem to react to yours. Sadly it seems no convergence of your two minds had just yet occured. However, as you're lamenting this fact, the Ray sweeps you up by way of its mossen tail, placing you softly upon its back and letting out something of a trilling purr. Perhaps something in your spell got through at least? The Ray appears ever more epathetic by the moment.

Meanwhile, the Red Dwarf above truly rises above the clear skies now, casting its warmth down below, casting that red ominous glow. As you observe the isle from your perch, you can't help but notice among the forest of tall grasses that a deep crimons colour has taken root, flowers! The seed you'd planted so long ago has bloomed, a number of oversized red flowers not too unlike rafflesia have appeared! They drink in the dim light from on high and seem to give off an earthy, yet most assuredly mystical scent. The flowers seem to reproduce by way of runners, so in effect every one that grows is a clone of the original. The first name that pops into your head is quite simply, 'Mana Flowers', for the magick that they give off. Even better, the large clutch of eggs that were awash ashore have begun to hatch under the grace of the sunlight. Baby crabs that will one day grow into might armored beasts skitter along the coast.

- Clesydros -

FATES DESCISION - STORED SPELL - 1d10 + 2 (Secondary Aspect) + 1 (The First Slate) = 9

Feelings of awe, of wonderment reverberate through you as the childlike Kosmites continue to be amazed by your workings. Some of the Crystalline creatures watch as the Razorwings take their flight true, while others huddle about you, almost joing you in meditation as you all ruminate on your next moves. All together, this perspective, this increased flood of emotions new and old sting deep in your heart; hardened by the ages of travel through time and space. Eventually, the nascent eyes of the Razorwings cast brief images back into the collective; first of the many pillars standing tall out of the ocean and new land surrounding the center, where you bore witness to the other seven whom now battle in these lands. Then you note that the twisting veil of starlight seems to have vanished from the central plataeu, now all that remains is the indomiatble slate stone of the Throne itself, and before it a titan of basalt in mock-human form, merely siting and pondering. Far below a cascade of carnage echoes into the collective's mind. a good number of strange horned creatures rip and tear into one another, spilling their own blood which in turn stains the soil below an awful pink-red. Whatever concotion it is seems to spring up a gnarled and chaotic life within the earth. Before you can internalize it all, you feel the rushing whirr of unrefined spatial magicks zooming past you and Anassa, south by way of the Throne land. Were it not for you expertise in the aspect, you may not have noticed such minor distortions in space. . .

Regardless, for now there is naught you can do but focus on your next task. Formulating the spell, some of the Kosmites join you in enacting your movements, though of course they've no ability to manipulate magicks of their own. You condense the space 'neath and about Anassa nad the Razorwings who each and all understand its purpose in simple terms at least. A boon in dire circumstances, when need arises, drawn forth but little more than a thought. None of which attempt to test out your theory, seeming to fully put their trust in this shared mind. Not long after, much of the sea is behind you, through the Dragonfly's crystalline eyes, you see the land encircling the marble pillar, where those chaotic beasts roam. There is an ominous air about the place as you grow closer.

- % Amon % -

FATES DESCISION - TELEPORTATION - 1d10 = 6

Your voice booms over the ocean, over the land, and over the many pillars that surround the Comsic Throne. Yet far be it from you to know whether or not your words had any effect true on the chaotic beasts that roam the Bedlam below, tearing one another apart for sport just to drink their own blood dry. It's difficult to say, not as if you haven't created horrible monsters before that wanted nothing more than to consume you like any other, such things tend to happen when manipulating the fabric of reality. So, as your words fall at the very least upon the ears of BoB and Gazey, you begin to focus in on the voice and emotions of the Yellow Pixelated mystic whom sent you treating before. Their concentrated joy is as a beacon now that you've shared words, not to mention the fact that they're making no attempt to conceeal their power as the battle goes underway to the south. So, you begin to channel your magicks, the stars above granting no purchase to this spell, no the rest of your aspects, realizing that teleportation is more aligned with the realm of 'spatial' magicks, or more specifically 'translocation'. Though, you are not exactly that studious kind of mage so much as you one of raw potential. Such things do not perturb nor dissuade you from casting this spell. So with a few strong words, and the weaving of your magicks, you blink out of existence in a mere moment. Gazey does just as well, leaving only the Beast of Basalt sitting upon the marble plateau as your spell finds no grasp with the distant land below nor the Methuselah in kind. In that split of time as your body, mind, and spirit travel the slipstream, you pull with all your might about the Throne, yet it does not even so much as budge, more so the spell singes you as you dare such a cosmic transgression. . .

- Shapeless Apparition -

FATES DESCISION - DRILLING - 1d10 + 2 (Skill) + 3 (Equipment) = 9
FATES DESCISION - AUTOMATED BUD GENERATOR - 1d10 + 1 (Secondary Aspect) = 2

The Shapeless Apparition's many children immediately perk up and do as they are told, Major Buds rolling forward to the walls of the ancient colosseum, their movements rotating the gears of the equipment that your buds had manufactured earlier, in turn twisting the colourful alloyed drill heads in haste. The iron and bronze together burrow deeper and deeper still a handful of tunnels away from you, increasing the area in this cavern for which you are to grow and consume further. Every so often, the earthen bloat Minor Buds come rolling up and out of the tunnels, regurgitating their rock and soil back onto their master's form before eagerly darting back inside for another load. There will be no hope for the mystics above the earth after your great workings, after your feast. Perhaps they'll have all murdered one another by now as mortals oft' do. Maybe you'll just consume this whole Nameless World if you're feeling up to it. . . And so to expedite that process, you struggle once more, condenseing that great mass and all the magicks therein to divide once more. It's difficult at first, perhaps from the magick strain of your many bulbs that continue to pump nutrient mass into your form, eventually you manage to pop out another little node. But it's anemic, far too underdeveloped to do precisely as you wish. Some work will have to be done to coax it further, to create a powerful factory.

- Dr. Unpleasant - & - Yellow Pixel -

FATES COLLIDE! - YELLOW PIXEL VS. DR. UNPLEASANT -
HAPPY SNAKE -- 1d10 + 1 (Secondary Aspect) + = 7
DR. UNPLEASANT EVADES! -- 1d10 + 2 (Skill) = 12!

FATES DESCISION - ENLIVEN CASTLE - 1d10 = 3

Streaking out like lightning from dispirate clouds on high, a massive serpent sizzling with joy and electricity both descends down, flying with alacrity towards the good Dr. Unplesant, whom leaps atop one of the mighty stone steeds. With his bronze rod at his side, the Ruby-Eyed Staff still recharging from its prior casting, the horse of dark rock gallops onward through the clay barricades, bouncing over the trenches dug as the snake of lightning stalks him overhead. It strikes into the earth, singing mere feet from the horse as it does before dancing out still emboldened by its enchantment. It weaves in and out of the air and ground all about Dr. Unplesant as he rides, just barely missing the man with each pass until eventually it sizzle out. In that moment, the mystic in black casts out a spell of his own, flitting across the sky towards the banana castle were it seems to harmlessly dissapate on its joyful walls. Unable to catch the him, Dr. Unpleasant gallops back toward the Caldera temple, uninhibbited by the second bombing run as it begins.

FATES COLLIDE! - BANANA BOMBARDMENT UPON UNPLEASANT FORCES -
AIRIAL BOMBING -- 1d10 + 2 (Skill) + 1 (Terrain Advantage) = 4
DR. UNPLEASANT TAKES COVER -- 1d10 + 2 (Skill)  + 2 (Mounted) = 10!
ASHEN IDOLS EVADE -- 1d10 + 2 (Skill) + 2 (Mounted) = 6
ENKINDLED ONES TAKE COVER -- 1d10 + 2 (Skill) = 8
HATEFUL DEAD TAKE COVER -- 1d10 + 2 (Skill) = 8

With another falcons cry, and the chattering of the .squirrels, they all take another pass over the battlefield from the west, still with enough happy-packed banana bombs for one more go. As the undead forces regroup and begin to move out, now unable to be surprised by the bombing they outmaneouver the oncoming force, using this moment to advance. Even so, once more the Falcons and .squirrels carpet bomb the lands west of the Banana Castle, yet their campaign this time does little more than destroy the makeshift cover that had been built up. Their accuracy or perhaps confidence, falls ths time, unable to halt Unpleasant's forces from entering the castle where he signed an entrance, and worse still, unable to keep the Hateful Dead from sending another scattershot their way.

FATES COLLIDE! - HATEFUL DEAD VOLLEY THE FALCONS -
ARROW VOLLEY -- 1d10 + 1 (Skill) = 10!
PIXEL FALCONS EVADE! -- 1d10 + 2 (Skill) = 3

((Ouch, how the dice can be so fickle.))

Another storm of bony arrowheads fly upwards into the swerving falcons. This time, it's more than a few pokes. The greatarrows find their mark true, digging deep into the hides of the great two-dimensional beasts, pixelated blood rains down from on high just as the unconscious bodies of all but one of the flying steeds. It seemed this second would be their last bombing run, those that survived their falls were quickly finished off by the hateful dead as their mounted .squirrels darted off for cover and safety. But that wasn't the end of the brutality. . .

FATES COLLIDE! - CHARGE THROUGH THE CASTLE -
ASHEN IDOLS ATTACK -- 1d10 + 2 (Might) + 1 (Mounted) = 8
ENKINDLED ONES ATTACK -- 1d10 + 2 (Might) = 8
CASTLE TRAPS! -- 1d10 = 3
.SQUIRRELS COUNTERATTACK -- 1d10 + 2 (Skill) - 1 (Outnumbered: POP 6 < 7) = 3
JUMPING SPIDERS COUNTERATTACK -- 1d10 + 2 (Skill) - 1 (Outnumbered: POP 6 < 7) = 8

Stone hooves shatter trapped floors underneath, the ashen zombies and their armour warding off the blades and darts hidden in the ceilings and walls. Unabded, the forces of the undead storm into the Banana castle, swinging their armaments and sticking errant .squirrels working supply or those who dared to fight rather than run. The dead ones did not linger to overtake the structure, rather quickly they found an exit to the east and flooded out forthwith into the quiet fields of pixel grasses and banana trees. Countless squirrels crushed by their charge, at last they are met with a cadre of Jumping Spiders, leaping off the battlements to defend their homeland with fervour. With powerful kicks and unexpected maneuverability, the spiders leap all about and clash with the assaulting army, keeping them just at bay to the east as block legs slam into horse, and clatter across sheilds. But for how long?

As Yellow Pixel soars high above the land, nearly across the castle walls atop the last remaining Pixel Falcon, it bears witness to the horror of this war. To the horror of this Cosmic Game, as their creations -- The good, lovable .squirrels are slaughtered by the dead. Even as their master retreats to his mountain. As you seethe, thinking up your next spell, you can feel the air beside you begin to warp, then in the next moment a man bearing six arms, all wreathed in the night sky, as well as strange eyeball creature bearing rock legs materialize mid-air. You share the briefest of comical gazes before they begin to fall by the slight miscalculation of their spell. This must be Amon! Come when most needed.

Pixel Falcons -- Population: Few (2) -> Solitary (1)[/b]
.squirrels -- Population: Numerous (3) -> Few (2)[/b]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 11:31:44 pm by Unraveller »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale -- TURN 14
« Reply #401 on: August 28, 2021, 02:32:16 am »

Try helping trees grow on the island
Trees will allow another area where creatures can live

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 28, 2021, 05:12:05 am »

|| Clesydros || Δ COLLECTIVE | HUMAN | Time/Space Mystic || ♥ 5/5 | MGT:1 SKL:5 HRD:2 WIL:2 || (++) Time Magic | (+) Space Magic | (+) All Magic ||
   [INV: Robes | 'The First Slate' | 'Enchanted Timepiece']
   [Δ COLLECTIVE CASTES:
      || POP LVL 4 | Kosmites || Δ COLLECTIVE | REVERSE-TIME REGENERATION | HUMAN SIZE | CRYSTAL HUMANOIDS || ♥ 2 | MGT:2 SKL:4 HRD:2 WIL:0 ||
      || Anassa || INTELLIGENT | Δ COLLECTIVE | FLYING | CAPACITY:(POP LVL 5 | HUMAN SIZE) | REVERSE-TIME REGENERATION | COMMERCIAL AIRPLANE SIZE | CRYSTAL DRAGONFLY || ♥ 4/4 | MGT:4 SKL:2 HRD:3 WIL:2 ||
         [INV: Clesydros | Some(3) Kosmites | Numerous(4) Razorwings | Few(2) Kruovios]
      || POP LVL 4 | Razorwings || Δ COLLECTIVE | REVERSE-TIME REGENERATION | FLYING | BACKPACK SIZE | CRYSTAL ARTHROPODS || ♥ 1 | MGT:2 SKL:2 HRD:1 WIL:1 ||]
   [SUBORDINATES:
      || POP LVL 2 | Kruovios || MINDLESS | LIFELESS FORM | 3/2 HUMAN SIZE | DIAMOND HUMANOIDS || ♥ 5 | MGT:4 SKL:0 HRD:6 WIL:0 ||]

Still sitting as he has been, his eyes pressed shut as concentrates, focusing on the senses of his 'children', what they see now, and what they had seen before.
"Owing to the success of the spell, we have reached the outer extents of the Throne's territory, marked by the pillars, with unprecedented haste. Alas, it appears we just barely missed whomever is responsible for what has taken place here. Aberrant air lingers here, mixed with the unearthly energy of the Throne, and the workings of the one responsible can be seen all around through the eyes of my children. The aura reminds me of the description of that of reality warpers, and the sights are unsettling enough to be the work of one... That's just what we needed..."
Clesydros sighs.
"Thankfully, it is itself no longer around. We merely have to put up with it's discordant, chaotic creations. I am not much concerned about the imps below, what concerns me is the stone giant sat upon the plateau. While it looks like it's just thinking, pondering, we should still tread with care. If it is not inherently hostile, i have no intention to be either. We should reach the throne within a short while now. What's most interesting, leafing through the memories, being something the Razorwings did not recognize: The Throne seems to be covered in writings of Divine Grammar, just as the slate is!"

"A bit of a hypothesis has formed within my mind, and i am eager to test it, since we missed our troublemaker, then at least we'll not have come all this way for nothing.

I believe that the Slate may be some form of a translation device, as evidenced by how it seems to impart a temporary understanding of the symbols upon it, yet that knowledge vanishes as soon as one looks away... Thus, i believe it's primary function is not that of a magic focus, but to translate, or perhaps even teach the language that uses the Divine Grammar: 'The First Language' or the language of the gods. Thus the function of the Slate as a magic focus is a mere consequence of the Divine Grammar etched upon it; the language, of whose words define reality itself.

Furthermore, with the slate being formed, apparently of some kind of crystalline material itself, it seems almost designed to transmit the ominous red light of this place's sun, as such i believe all three of these things to be related: The Sun, The Slate and The Throne."

"Therefore, i have quickly thought up a procedure, on how to use the Slate for what i believe is it's intended purpose: By lining up symbols on The Slate with those upon The Throne, with the light of The Sun refracting through The Slate as it usually does when i use it for spellcasting, i hope for it to "burn" the symbols of the Divine Grammar, and their meaning, directly into my mind. Taking into the account the apparent refractive index of The Slate, i believe we're in perfect time to perform this procedure."

"However, we still have to worry about the stone titan up there. Is it a guardian of the throne, or perhaps another one of the reality warper's creations? Nevertheless, i shall attempt to communicate with it, when we land. If it is truly the philosophical sort as it seems, perhaps it will feel some kinship to me, a man of thinking just like itself. Or at the bare minimum placate it long enough for us to do our work and depart..."

"I will descend together with a few(2) Kosmites, with Razorwings on our backs. We don't want to appear threatening to the giant, however, once we land we'll keep the Razorwings on back, should something go truly awry and we need to retreat in a hurry, and to avert the risk of falling from the plateau. Once we're on the ground, the remainder of the present collective will be yours to direct, Anassa. But stay out of the reach of anything yourself. If there is no other option but to fight, drop the Kruovios upon the enemy from on high."

Spoiler: Clesydros (click to show/hide)
Castes:
Spoiler: Kruovios (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kosmites (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Anassa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Razorwings (click to show/hide)

((This is the action i was seriously excited to make. It's probably not hard to realize why; I'm not sure even you thought that something like this would happen when you first gave Clesydros the 'First Slate', or maybe you did...?  :o I would not be surprised if you did. Either way, thank you, Unraveller for running this awesome game, and using your awesome writing skills to create the conditions for such emergent story to flourish :)).))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 28, 2021, 06:43:23 am »

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, my neighbor's people are being killed and it's like music to my ears, and not even some electric snake can ruin my fun."
Have the Hateful Dead focus fire upon the last falcon and the yellow square that rides it, the Ashen Idols and Enkindled Ones continue to fight the good fight, and you know what lets find out how much the squirrel kings likes it when I raise his squirrels and falcons from the dead and have them start attacking the rest of his creatures.

-- Dr. Unpleasant --
| Dr. Unpleasant | Death/Creation Mystic |
| ♥ 5/6 | MGT:2 SKL:2 HRD:2 WIL:4 |
| (++) Death Magic | (++) Fire Magic(CD:1) | (+) Creation Magic |

Spoiler: Dr. Unpleasant (click to show/hide)
Minions:
| POP LVL 3 | Ashen Idols | HUMAN SIZE | ASH HUMANOID |
| MINDLESS | WATER SOLUBLE | LIFELESS FORM | EQUIPMENT | MOUNTED |

Spoiler: Ashen Idols (click to show/hide)
| POP LVL 6 | Enkindled Ones | 1/2 HUMAN SIZE | EMBER HUMANOID |
| ♥ 1 | MGT:2 SKL:0 HRD:2 WIL:0 |
| MINDLESS | EMBER BODIES | LIFELESS FORM | EQUIPMENT |

Spoiler: Enkindled Ones (click to show/hide)
| POP LVL 4 | The Hateful Dead | VARIOUS |
| MINDLESS |
Spoiler: The Hateful Dead (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 28, 2021, 08:36:07 am »

Amon is stunned by what a terrible decision he has made. “I am sorry my happy friend, But I must go back.

Amon teleports back to the throne.

(GET AWAY FROM MY BABY)

(Uh, Can we truce it up?)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 08:38:23 am by Knightwing64 »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38