Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38

Author Topic: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale -- TURN 14  (Read 25816 times)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale
« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2021, 05:30:03 pm »

With his hands on his hips, Clesydros looks outright proud, presumably of both himself and Maria.
"Your work impresses me, truly, Maria. The little sapling looks healthier already somehow and i will never pretend to know how Life magic works. The crystals that i ordered my Kruovios to gather around it, i did so only to ensure i had some in my new home in case i failed to move the entire island. Hahaha, i'm glad that that wasn't the case! In fact i think we both did as well as we possibly could have! But now that those crystals are here, it's time for phase two of that plan..."

Clesydros whistles once, loudly, looking toward a Kruovios, the unnatural echo of his voice giving it a ghostly aspect, like that of a haunted train.
"Take small chunks of green crystal! Disperse and plant sparsely over the land!"
"That should help seed an environment for the Crystallivores, that i believe you intend on creating, correct? Meanwhile, i shall work as well, to create some creatures as well, as the Timecrystals were always intended to be something that could be used to mass-produce things."

Clesydros again walks out of earshot of Maria and begins to formulate his next course of action.
"The Kruovios are a great first attempt and prototype, but they were never going to be producible in any great quantity. The Timecrystals, even if they might not be as resilient as the diamonds that the Kurovios are made of, have the advantages of quantity and their ability to grow, thus giving my new creations hopefully an ability to heal as living matter would. The Kruovios are also strong, big and lumbering, not quite in tune with me or my inclinations toward finesse. Maria though, it's impossible to deny that there is something about her appearance, as if nature itself in her world had made her as beautiful as could be... I think it would serve well for my newest creations to take inspiration from her form... To an extent."

"Thus, the plan is set. Using the same technique by which i formed the first of the Timecrystals, i shall now form and imbue with life a new race of crystalline beings out of the same material!"
"These new beings of crystal shall bear more slender forms, though i intend them to come in all shapes, not all feminine. But they shall all walk en pointe on long slender feet tapering down to sharp ends. As well their long arms shall end in sharp, clawlike digits. Their heads shall be humanlike but their faces featureless but bear imitations of short hair on their heads and long and broad ear-like structures. To aid in balance of their tip-toed stance, each shall have a counterbalance in the form of a tail. I believe that in order for these new creatures to be able to handle their bodies, they will need a bit more intellect, but not any free will. I have every intention to make these creatures much more nimble than the Kruovios , and they will be as beautiful as they will be deadly."

| Clesydros | Time/Space Mystic |
| 5/5 | MGT:1 SKL:5 HRD:2 WIL:2 |
| (++) Time Magic | (+) Space Magic | (+) All Magic |
Spoiler: Clesydros(full sheet) (click to show/hide)

Subordinates:
| POP SMALL | Kruovios | 3/2 HUMAN SIZE | DIAMOND HUMANOID |
| 5/5 | MGT:4 SKL:0 HRD:6 WIL:0 |
| MINDLESS | LIFELESS FORM |
Spoiler: Kruovios(Full Sheet) (click to show/hide)

((I think this was an awesome turn.))

((does this make sense?))
((Perfectly. It's funny how similar our actions are. I hope you enjoy this stuff, Unraveller :))))
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 12:14:57 pm by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2021, 05:43:49 pm »

((Seems like a skinny Regice without the Braille face, I made this using a picture of Regice resized by changing width only, then went to a paint app to fill in the dots with the color of the rest of it))

Thank you. Yes, I’m going to make a small population of crystal birds who will eat the crystals and excrete undigested crystal, they will also drop crystal feathers when they molt, and after a certain amount of molts they will die, forming lots of small crystals. One of them will form itself into a young crystal bird, this way the population should remain stable

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 04, 2021, 06:21:40 pm »

((Seems like a skinny Regice without the Braille face, I made this using a picture of Regice resized by changing width only, then went to a paint app to fill in the dots with the color of the rest of it))

((Ha ha i have no idea where you got that impression from reading that but definitely much more, very human looking, being based on the human form and all. :P))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 04, 2021, 06:24:46 pm »

(( I believe they were just embellishing their boast NG, Magmacube already submitted their action this turn. Hehe. For real though, Shapeless Apparition scares me most. Just watch The Blob 1958 and its remake in 1988 to feel the terror. ))
((I don't need to, and i agree. I'm already more than eager to hit ctrl-z on The Shapeless Appparition's entire existence.))

((Regarding that.. i considered something, Unraveller, regarding the death of mystics. I'm not sure if you had your own special plans for this, but it's inevitable we'll start seeing death, but nobody likes the idea of dying and being kicked from the game, so i was thinking of a way for players to continue playing after death to an extent. Quite simply, when a mystic dies, maybe their immortal soul should stay behind and be granted to their killer, to be placed within whichever vessel desired, whether it be a weapon, artifact or a creature, retaining largely free will aside from being bound to the service of their new master. Maybe rehoming to a new master, whomever frees them.

Actually i wanna know, what does everybody think of this idea? I won't comment on whether i myself think it's a good idea, but i definitely have my own concerns regarding it. Just something i was thinking about...))
((that sounds amazing))

+1
((Of course, not being in a Mystic’s body anymore would limit magic to probably whatever magic types used to make the body you’re in))
+1
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 05, 2021, 06:36:39 am »

"What the fuck, that guy in his crappy castle and army of squirrels or whatever the fuck they are thinks he can try to melt my damn army before I'm even finished making it well he's got another thing coming, and to think I wasn't planing to go to war for awhile and was probably gonna ignore his ass for quite awhile so I could get ready, but since the gauntlet has been thrown I guess I have an obligation to throw one back!"
Given the current situation I can't use my troops for this, so instead I shall do something a little more fun and given that this is a land of death I shall use that to my advantage, raise the corpses of both sentient and animal that are buried deep under his castle and have them rip their way through it's floor and attack everything inside that isn't one of them, then once that is done go inside the shrine and see what kind of artifacts await me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 05, 2021, 07:05:55 am »

Apparition is tired of meddling with artifacts and fossils. So it resumes its efforts to expand its body. It grows new nodes further away from its center to consume wider and more effectively.

((Continue to expand.))
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2021, 10:38:02 am »

Apparition is tired of meddling with artifacts and fossils. So it resumes its efforts to expand its body. It grows new nodes further away from its center to consume wider and more effectively.

((Continue to expand.))

(You know what? You should make the Zerg and call yourself the Overmind.)

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2021, 11:44:10 am »

"Hmm... I've wrecked the dirty dragon of the evil looking man and he doesn't send his army to fight me?"

"Well... This is not a good sign... This is really not a good sign..."

"Ok, so to make sure that nothing wrong happens, I shall enchant the Banana Castle with an aura of happy protection. Basically, it shall make the castle more secure against direct attacks and make it glow yellow, thanks to the endless power of happiness."

"At the same time, I shall ask the .squirrels to bring more bananas to the castle, as we can't never have too much bananas, and the Pixel Falcons shall continue to watch over the keep."

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 06, 2021, 05:08:03 pm »

(( I'll have the post up tomorrow afternoon. Providing I haven't missed it, we still need an action from good ol' - ? -

Though I'll admit I'm keeping Tric busy in another thread. C:  ))

(( EDIT: Life taking priority. I'm terrible at keeping time ))
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 05:00:32 pm by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2021, 04:47:45 pm »

Calming they speak. "There is not much that can be done.. One of our foes has arisen near the Inkfields, and I would not send you out unarmed or undefended. I am to stay here, preparing. There is much to do only I can.."

"If you must, dig down into the earth and gather up many stones. Shape them into a ship for me to empower. Such is that I could do it myself, but it is not yet the right time.
Always time that is the last to go."

Seed dungeons into the ocean depths, birthplace of Great monsters to drag down the unwary around the continent, spilling into the ocean and growing large off the darkness. And even those who are aware, all ships not of the abyss shall be dragged down to become a part of the abyss.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 07, 2021, 05:07:30 pm »

(( I'll have the post up tomorrow afternoon. Providing I haven't missed it, we still need an action from good ol' - ? -

(#Sad)

Fimbulwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 07, 2021, 09:06:45 pm »

« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 03:08:30 pm by Blackphish »
NO: roseheart | MAYBE: TamerVirus, Naturegirl1999

Sigtext (PENDING)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 07, 2021, 10:53:13 pm »

(#Sad)

(#Relatable)
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 08, 2021, 12:05:46 am »

i think it’s open, you’d start in a random spot, hopefully by yourself to start out, or by someone who won’t immediately attack you like ?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 08, 2021, 04:31:33 am »

Kind of the edgy sort huh? Funny when considering that, even if Unraveller were to accept an additional player, your charsheet isn't correct anyway.
Although, i'm not sure how'd he make a waitlist work for a forum game with a fixed player count. I dunno whether Unraveller has a plan set up for handling this, but i suppose maybe if someone drops out before having died? Maybe, i dunno, i'm not the GM.

i think it’s open, you’d start in a random spot, hopefully by yourself to start out, or by someone who won’t immediately attack you like ?
Officially, the player limit is eight and unless i'm way off, Unraveller is apparently already having some difficulty handling the turns for this amount of players, so i'm not sure he'll want to take on another.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38