Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38

Author Topic: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale -- TURN 14  (Read 25766 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2021, 11:49:29 pm »

Apparition takes a look at the things it has collected, bones and artifacts that it put around in piles. They were collected nothing but intrigue, buy maybe they could be of actual use?

Apparitions body absorbs the piles. But does not consumes them. It uses the bones to strenghten its chords, and artifacts to create armor for its nodes.

((make armor from junk))
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2021, 12:46:14 am »

I’d like one of the crystals to take home, but after helping the sapling, I’d like to stay a little longer, to give
 a small animal species to your island, while it may eat crystal, when it dies, small crystals would grow from the body. Whether or not the resulting crystals could be time crystals depends on whether you somehow are able to either “store” the past somehow for the crystals to eat upon the creature’s death, or whether the crystals the animal eats don’t get consumed completely and just get broken into smaller crystals, perhaps as armor? If I were to try making such a creature, I’d of course make a small population as well as make the creatures themselves small, that way they can hopefully eat crystals at a slower rate than the crystals grow. Or if the crystalvore that makes crystals upon its death doesn’t sound appealing, maybe I can try making a chloroplast out of crystal, making lots of copies of the crystal chloroplast, and putting them inside the crystal, allowing the crystals with these chloroplasts to be able to grow via the past and sunlight. And the fact that chloroplasts have their own genome means that I would technically give the crystals DNA to work with, allowing them to evolve

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2021, 04:23:31 am »

"This is taking to long, no wonder I always hated archeology, I need to do something because they've built a castle on the other side of the island, I need a siege engine of some kind and I know just how to get it."
Gather all the ash and dirt from the excavation area and compress it until it's nice and dense then shape it into the form of a large dragon. then once that's done see what removing the ash and dirt has uncovered.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2021, 04:36:48 am »

I’d like one of the crystals to take home, but after helping the sapling, I’d like to stay a little longer, to give
 a small animal species to your island, while it may eat crystal, when it dies, small crystals would grow from the body. Whether or not the resulting crystals could be time crystals depends on whether you somehow are able to either “store” the past somehow for the crystals to eat upon the creature’s death, or whether the crystals the animal eats don’t get consumed completely and just get broken into smaller crystals, perhaps as armor? If I were to try making such a creature, I’d of course make a small population as well as make the creatures themselves small, that way they can hopefully eat crystals at a slower rate than the crystals grow. Or if the crystalvore that makes crystals upon its death doesn’t sound appealing, maybe I can try making a chloroplast out of crystal, making lots of copies of the crystal chloroplast, and putting them inside the crystal, allowing the crystals with these chloroplasts to be able to grow via the past and sunlight. And the fact that chloroplasts have their own genome means that I would technically give the crystals DNA to work with, allowing them to evolve

"You lost me a bit near the end there and i am not entirely sure what your intentions are, Maria. However i am more concerned you are using up too much precious time here. Our adversaries are gathering strength as we speak, and you're not strengthening yourself, but me. I am of course grateful, and it will be thrice i would be in your debt, if you truly wish to stay here longer. You will however, need to remain then, beyond the approaching translocation, as i intend to relocate the sapling and all of my resources and creations to a new, larger island.

But, i find your proposed "Crystallivores" agreeable, for i already have plans for seeding the new island with the Timecrystals and these creatures would solve the problem elegantly... or not so, for i would propose making sure that the creature excretes some amount of unbroken crystal matter as part of the end product of it's digestive processes.

You will need to decide for certain whether you'll stay for the time being, or do you wish to return home...?"

((Don't worry, i understood every word there, but Clesydros? Not really :P))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2021, 05:10:30 pm »

(I know for a fact I learned this in middle school, But why does it sound so freaking complicated?)

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2021, 05:12:06 pm »

As Yellow Pixel is marveling at the Great Banana Tree, a .squirrel comes to him in panic, and by dint of expressive gestures, showing its teeth and flapping its forelimbs while bouncing, it makes him understand that a scary winged beast of ash is being fashioned in the wasteland away from the Banana Castle. So, realizing the terrible significance of this announcement, Yellow Pixel remains motionless for a moment, wich is much unusual for him, and he then reacts with these words:

"Fast! Fast! Every squirrel to the castle! Go gather as much bananas as you can and stash them all in our stronghold!"

And they run at full tilt toward the yellow castle...

Once arrived on the ramparts, Yellow Pixel has already come up with an idea to try countering the evil scheme of the mustachioed menace, and thus says:

"I shall summon forth heaps upon heaps of somber clouds, until covering up the entirety of the sky, to bring a terrifying storm and diluvian rains that shall convert the assembled troops of Ashen Idols and Enkindled Ones, and the still shapeless dirty dragon, into mounds of mud and digusting piles of sodden cinders!"

((Question for Unraveller: While the rules state that we can only do one spell action per turn, I have noticed that Knightwing64 has done two spell actions last turn, and that he is doing the same this turn, just as TricMagic. Also, I would have done two spell actions this turn if I would have had the possibility, but since King Zultan is only doing one against me, I feel that it wouldn't really be fair. So I wonder if something should be done about that?))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2021, 05:35:00 pm »

(For me at least, I am in a place of power, my workshop ready, leylines spread as my focus. Well, maybe not the workshop, but I am at the point I can perform two actions so long as I don't try to throw around 2 mystic-ending level magicks. The other is more a trickle over time.)

(Make a giant storm tower out of 2D. I started pretty much in the perfect place for me too.)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2021, 05:55:31 pm »

As Yellow Pixel is marveling at the Great Banana Tree, a .squirrel comes to him in panic, and by dint of expressive gestures, showing its teeth and flapping its forelimbs while bouncing, it makes him understand that a scary winged beast of ash is being fashioned in the wasteland away from the Banana Castle. So, realizing the terrible significance of this announcement, Yellow Pixel remains motionless for a moment, wich is much unusual for him, and he then reacts with these words:

"Fast! Fast! Every squirrel to the castle! Go gather as much bananas as you can and stash them all in our stronghold!"

And they run at full tilt toward the yellow castle...

Once arrived on the ramparts, Yellow Pixel has already come up with an idea to try countering the evil scheme of the mustachioed menace, and thus says:

"I shall summon forth heaps upon heaps of somber clouds, until covering up the entirety of the sky, to bring a terrifying storm and diluvian rains that shall convert the assembled troops of Ashen Idols and Enkindled Ones, and the still shapeless dirty dragon, into mounds of mud and digusting piles of sodden cinders!"

((Question for Unraveller: While the rules state that we can only do one spell action per turn, I have noticed that Knightwing64 has done two spell actions last turn, and that he is doing the same this turn, just as TricMagic. Also, I would have done two spell actions this turn if I would have had the possibility, but since King Zultan is only doing one against me, I feel that it wouldn't really be fair. So I wonder if something should be done about that?))

(Hey! I removed the Magic action. Also, Last turn wasn’t a magic action. I just told them to evolve. That’s why it sucked so bad even though I got a good roll. Don’t know bout tric tho.)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 06:01:40 pm by Knightwing64 »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2021, 07:02:29 am »

((I should've said this before... But now that Yellow Pixel has said it, i might as well add my voice in that i agree with his concerns, in regards to TricMagic specifically, and i don't want to stay silent and give the impression that i don't care.))

(For me at least, I am in a place of power, my workshop ready, leylines spread as my focus. Well, maybe not the workshop, but I am at the point I can perform two actions so long as I don't try to throw around 2 mystic-ending level magicks.
((that's up to the GM to decide, but i personally think Unraveller is being way too lenient on your munchkin ass. :D This isn't my game, but as a hibernating GM, let me state that if it was, you would have been eating Power-stretch penalties since turn one. :P Or i would have broadcasted your location to every other mystic because the usual sliding scale of power to expanse is a freaking circle in your case lol. As logically power output grows cubically with increasing area at specific power.

Of course don't take anything i say too seriously, this is just a forum game after all and i don't wanna take a dump on anyone's fun... If you are having fun of course.

But i do think trying to snuff a newbie straight on his second turn, with no provocation, while he's four turns behind everyone else, and using your self-granted "extra action" to do so is a bit of an asshole move. I just want everyone to have fun, that's what's most important, isn't it?  :)) And seal-clubbing ain't fun for anyone.  I'm actually happy that BlackPaladin99 took no damage and you've pretty much certainly locked yourself out of one of the most terrifying alliances i could think of in this game. :) ))

((Also, NG, you are yet to respond to Clesydros' latest communication...))

((Also also, BlackPaladin: I noticed while writing this that you had changed your original action in response to TricMagic's post. Do be aware commanding nearby minions is a legit free action. I will not comment on whether i think making a bone ship and sailing away is a good action, but you ARE allowed to do a magic action in addition to ordering your minions, Just FIY, and also that TricMagic is a Mafia subforum veteran... ;) ))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2021, 10:17:29 am »

"You lost me a bit near the end there and i am not entirely sure what your intentions are, Maria. However i am more concerned you are using up too much precious time here. Our adversaries are gathering strength as we speak, and you're not strengthening yourself, but me. I am of course grateful, and it will be thrice i would be in your debt, if you truly wish to stay here longer. You will however, need to remain then, beyond the approaching translocation, as i intend to relocate the sapling and all of my resources and creations to a new, larger island.

But, i find your proposed "Crystallivores" agreeable, for i already have plans for seeding the new island with the Timecrystals and these creatures would solve the problem elegantly... or not so, for i would propose making sure that the creature excretes some amount of unbroken crystal matter as part of the end product of it's digestive processes.

You will need to decide for certain whether you'll stay for the time being, or do you wish to return home...?"

((Don't worry, i understood every word there, but Clesydros? Not really :P))
Yes, your proposed changes should work. I will stay with you. The reason is, the ecosystem on my island is stable right now, and if we’re together, we can help each other defend against an attack from the other mystics. Given we are currently friendly, I should tell you what I found on scrying before coming to your island. There is a large hole with something inside, a mage who somehow has magic opposite creation and destruction, and a mage with a shield of spirits. I don’t know where your new island is in relation to them, so once the crystallivores are made, I could scry next turn on nearby magical areas

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2021, 10:42:23 am »

(Honestly I wasn't being munchkin, just going with the flow of things. That so happened to be making an attack on a mystic in my territory. While also making stuff once the initial attack had gone through. [explanation afterthought.])

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2021, 10:53:31 am »

(( what happened to the one spell a turn thing? Also you should be able to do other things, the lurking serpents are presumably predators and will continue hunting without your input, you can to one spell a turn from now on))
((GM, have I broken this too? With bringing grasshoppers and mantids in one turn? I expected if multiple things were said, you’d break them up, first one that turn, second one the other, is it because they were both summoning? You did break up the sapling spells, that was good. Next time I mention potential spell chains, I will specify which spell goes that turn, which goes after, etc, like a spell queue, I guess the way I formatted them confused you, and for that I am sorry))

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2021, 11:44:54 am »

((Alright, i've edited my action in response to the correspondence, Naturegirl.))

(Honestly I wasn't being munchkin, just going with the flow of things. That so happened to be making an attack on a mystic in my territory. While also making stuff once the initial attack had gone through. [explanation afterthought.])
((I don't think it's really that egregious, i didn't really put the relative power of your actions under scrutiny until you decided that you wanted to seal-club BlackPaladin that i started thinking "Yeah, Tric's either going to be the last guy standing, or everyone will gang up on him and he'll be the first to die, because he's definitely the one whose actions have the most power behind them."))
(( what happened to the one spell a turn thing? Also you should be able to do other things, the lurking serpents are presumably predators and will continue hunting without your input, you can to one spell a turn from now on))
((GM, have I broken this too? With bringing grasshoppers and mantids in one turn? I expected if multiple things were said, you’d break them up, first one that turn, second one the other, is it because they were both summoning? You did break up the sapling spells, that was good. Next time I mention potential spell chains, I will specify which spell goes that turn, which goes after, etc, like a spell queue, I guess the way I formatted them confused you, and for that I am sorry))
((I'm not the GM, but you shouldn't worry about it... At all. If you ask from me, you've never done anything i would consider too much. I think the "one magic action per turn" rule is there more to avert players taking too many, cardinally unrelated actions per turn. I think as long as you don't go overboard and all parts of the action are definitively related, it's fine.
As for mis-interpreting; This game draws A LOT from the WBG, where, as you know, bolding random things can be rather... Hazardous. :P

Of course, i can only speculate, and i'd really love for Unraveller to give his input on this whole thing. So at least the record can be set straight. Maybe me and Yellow Pixel are the ones in the wrong here? I don't actually think Tric or Knight are in the wrong in any way. I just think this is a bit of ambiguity... Hell, if anyone's overstepping bounds here, it's probably me.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2021, 12:18:37 pm »

(I can fully support the fact I ended up starting with a literal wellspring of my primary, which I then rolled really well on for dungeons, followed by spreading it's power. This turns actions are likely going to have a malus on the latter half, or at least be weaker than throwing my whole focus into it. Most of the power is going to the Inkfield. [I did spend an entire turn using seer-sight, and recruiting someone. So I'm mostly going with what flows.. Creating a proper food source now that I have followers is improtant.])

(If I didn't start with such a wellspring of power, I would have just walked to the center of the map. If I didn't end up with the Keep of Black Apathy, would still have done that. Spreading the leylines going well pretty much means I'm cemented in staying put for now, since leaving the keep and power of the abyss is going to reduce my ability to act. Such is Fate.)

(This is a fun game though. Even if I don't read your turns till after the next. Besides hood, but he's in range :) )

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2021, 12:29:28 pm »

(I don’t think I’ve broken any rules, But if I have I deeply apologize and want you to know that it was not my intention to munchkin or cheat. On a lighter note, I have made my opinion on what I believe the strength ratings are as far as we’ve seen.

1: TricMagic. (Actions are very overt and powerful and seems to consistently get the best rolls.)

2: Strik3r. (Magic time dude with good rolls and a friend. What else do I have to say?)

3: Knightwing64. (My spells seem to range from being absolute garbage to being very op.)

4: Naturegirl1999. (Has created multiple species and has show capable of manipulating environments which would make her a dangerous foe.)

5: King Zultan. (Created a bunch of ash puppets and has the power of life and death. Albeit mostly death. About to attack?)

6: Yellow Pixel. (Species creater and maker of the banana tree. About to be attacked?)

7: Magmacube_tr. (Thus far has only focused on expanding and splicing.)

8: Black Paladin99. (Is fairly new and his actions compared to the others are fairly low key.)

Edit: Honestly, I would have put myself above Strik3r if my rolls didn’t turn out to be almost completely useless half the time.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 12:33:22 pm by Knightwing64 »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38