Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

Author Topic: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale -- TURN 14  (Read 25708 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile

(Time to act now...)

Shapeless Being awakens from its long slumber, for it has finally has enough to plan. And to claim, both the throne and the very world itself. But not the way it may desire. It is aware that its particular form is very well at being stealhty. So it formulates a plan.

It turns into a solid cone, and then spins into the ground with amazing force. From here, it turns fluid again, and starts growing roots all over the nearby earth, seeding the first extensions of its soon-to-be-larger area of influence. It then starts to convert the nearby soiland rock into itself, growing its total mass.

It concludes its expansions after some time, and slumbers to see the later times.

Before sleeping though, it seals the hole it made to get down there, so other may not see it.

Get underground and grow inside like a potato. Then seal the entrance shut and sleep.

(Is this okay?)
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

(Time to act now...)

Shapeless Being awakens from its long slumber, for it has finally has enough to plan. And to claim, both the throne and the very world itself. But not the way it may desire. It is aware that its particular form is very well at being stealhty. So it formulates a plan.

It turns into a solid cone, and then spins into the ground with amazing force. From here, it turns fluid again, and starts growing roots all over the nearby earth, seeding the first extensions of its soon-to-be-larger area of influence. It then starts to convert the nearby soiland rock into itself, growing its total mass.

It concludes its expansions after some time, and slumbers to see the later times.

Before sleeping though, it seals the hole it made to get down there, so other may not see it.

Get underground and grow inside like a potato. Then seal the entrance shut and sleep.

(Is this okay?)
((maybe, perhaps a possible side affect could be the island/continent you’re on getting smaller, since you’re eating the ground? Of course this is just a guess))

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I summon a spirit and turn it into a shield around me with my necromancy
I’m in.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 06:01:13 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile

Amon tells the gazelings to EVOLVE.

Amon smiles and snap’s his fingers, Imbuing his flesh with the concept of Undying and resilient, Plus, A touch of perfection.

I’ll have you know Mister voice, That I have been called a god many times by my sla-Playmates.

(ooh, Evolution and self enhancement.)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

(( Magmacube -- I suppose I've never said anything about your appearance/physiology granting you other abilities, but given your aspects are assimilation and change, I suppose it makes a kind of sense after all. Of course, the dice will decide just how well it goes, I'll keep an eye on things to make sure it isn't going to be too much. I'm glad you posted after all! ))

(( BlackPaladin, I'll be happy to take you! However your sheet is unfinished. Would you go ahead and look through the main post to add your statistics and such? Thank ))

(( Lastly, Knightwing. Given one of the main goals is defeating the rest of the mystics to claim the throne, most often through MURDER, but not neccessarily so. . . You may not get a 'perfect' form of 'undyingness' even with a ten. That doesn't mean you can't buff yourself with assorted magick and such of course! Does any of that make sense? ))
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Throws the 'immortal' into the Abyss.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Question, how does speaking work? Do we have like, telepathy or do we have to be relatively close? Or do we have to be able to sense other’s magic before we can send messages via it?))

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

(( I would say you are all more than capable enough mages to be able to send one another messages via Magic. Seeing each other's faces. . . Beings in the beginning and feeling one another's presence was enough. Of course, you may run the risk of alerting them to your general location. ))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So it seems I'm not alone here, but why out of all things make yellow squirrel out of squares?"
Ignore the squirrels for now and go back to preparing my troops, by creating mighty steeds for them to ride into battle, these steeds should be built from the same stone that was used to create the weapons and look like armoured horses.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile

Admiring, walking around one of his newly formed creations, Clesydros drags his pale hand across the immaculate diamantine being of the Kruovios, commenting with both satisfaction and concern evident in his voice
"These beings of diamond, these Kruovios are perfect. Too perfect. All that was here in the present, i have poured into making into making only a handful.
They will not make for an army as i had hoped... But they will be the perfect elite guard for an Emperor! Each could best me in a match of strength four times over... Yet they lack my finesse, my agility. But as my shield, they will serve well!"

"This bit of an unintended, but not unwelcome, mishap does not change my plans in the short term. But i cannot afford to experiment upon them as i had planned, being so few and so... Perfect!"

. . .

Having reached the very southern point of the very same island he has been upon since arriving here, stood upon a tall rocky cliff, stripped bare of any substrate by his magic to form the Kruovios, he looks out toward the sea, to the south and toward the island barely visible there.
"The space upon this island is limited, and i have taken all that it has to offer in the present. The concern was already there, the depletion of resources only makes them more immediate. I need space, and i need more ashes. The island i see to the south looks just about the same as this, and will serve me just as well."
"Of course, it would be far too pedestrian to constantly expend my effort to travel between them. So i will simply expend more one time and bring the island back here! It is really just a simple translocation trick, but of great scale. I do not want to risk translocating the island i'm on, and i'd rather bring them here to the north, where i feel i am closer to the Throne."

"First, i will translocate myself to the island in the south. This will serve to allow me to scout the island and see whether there are any more. Then i shall cast a spherical bubble of translocation over the entire island, and bring it here, to join it to the southern shore of this island."

"Translocation of large areas of space is always a risk. I shall be cautious and pragmatic, i'd rather move a bit of the island the whole way, than over-stretch my power and move the whole island anywhere but where i want to. I should as well take a moment to remind myself of the translocation spell's function, to prepare myself for such a feat."

Memories flood Clesdryos' mind, a voice he has not heard for a time far longer than his apparent age would ever imply.
Spoiler: On Translocation. (click to show/hide)
He remembers the blue magicks of his colleagues, those inclined to Spatial magic. But he also remembers the red magics of those that dealt in the field he did not study much, the field of phase magic, or as laymen would call it "Dimensional magic", and the superstitious would call those magi "Occultists", "Witches" or "Devil Summoners", when they only dealt with just another dimension, just like Temporal and Spatial mages.
Spoiler: Phase Magic (click to show/hide)

| Clesydros | Time/Space Mystic |
| 5/5 | MGT:1 SKL:5 HRD:2 WIL:2 |
| (++) Time Magic | (+) Space Magic | (+) All Magic |
Spoiler: Clesydros(full sheet) (click to show/hide)

Subordinates:
| POP SMALL | Kruovios | 3/2 HUMAN SIZE | DIAMOND HUMANOID |
| 5/5 | MGT:4 SKL:0 HRD:6 WIL:0 |
| MINDLESS | LIFELESS FORM |
Spoiler: Kruovios(Full Sheet) (click to show/hide)

Sorry about the extraneous stuff :-[ I just really love writing this kind of stuff, ok?
Also, check out the Mini-Charsheet widget. :D It's mostly so that it's easier for Unraveller. Want your own? Go ahead and use mine as a template.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile

Fixed
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

(( Hey again BlackPaladin, I'll add you to the roster! Giving us our eight mystics total! Only nitpick is that you should have 5/5 Wounds. . . You know, unless you want to start dead and immediately lose. Haha. ))

(( Strik3r!! don't you dare apologize for your extraneous stuff! You know me by now, this is the kind of stuff I love. It's perfectly fine to just state your action as is, and I encourage everyone to not feel any pressure to do anything more. But I always appreciate detail. Much like what I said to Naturegirl, intent and detail help tons in my effort to write a response, I'm enjoying the characterization and brief glimpses of history, while though it isn't incredibly relevant to the course of the game, I always dig expanding on characters beyond the immediate purview. Also, an obvious statement of love for that character Widget of yours, I'll definitely steal it. Wiiiiiith all that said, don't you expect any special treatment there space man. The dice are your gods. >:]
))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile

(( Hey again BlackPaladin, I'll add you to the roster! Giving us our eight mystics total! Only nitpick is that you should have 5/5 Wounds. . . You know, unless you want to start dead and immediately lose. Haha. ))

(( Strik3r!! don't you dare apologize for your extraneous stuff! You know me by now, this is the kind of stuff I love. It's perfectly fine to just state your action as is, and I encourage everyone to not feel any pressure to do anything more. But I always appreciate detail. Much like what I said to Naturegirl, intent and detail help tons in my effort to write a response, I'm enjoying the characterization and brief glimpses of history, while though it isn't incredibly relevant to the course of the game, I always dig expanding on characters beyond the immediate purview. Also, an obvious statement of love for that character Widget of yours, I'll definitely steal it. Wiiiiiith all that said, don't you expect any special treatment there space man. The dice are your gods. >:]
))

(Spaceman lol.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2021, 01:10:18 pm »

((Timeman would be more like it. All hail the Dice Gods))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2021, 06:17:14 pm »

Give a hand to the one within the Abyss.[Recruit: Give unto them a measure of the unknowable within, to one who has withheld loss, known it, but not succumbed to it.]

"I was, and am not, But what is lost need not be mourned. In this world there are those who seek that title, however I have no use for it. One who has fallen, will you join your will to mine?"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38