Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38

Author Topic: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale -- TURN 14  (Read 25703 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale -- TURN 14
« Reply #451 on: September 05, 2021, 07:35:03 pm »

The young man bravely withstand’s the effects of withdrawal.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 06, 2021, 09:20:55 pm »

(( Minor update, letting you know I'm home again. I'll be posting turns here either tonight or tomorrow. Sorry again for the momentary hiatus!))
I've lost control of my life.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 07, 2021, 02:52:48 am »

(( Minor update, letting you know I'm home again. I'll be posting turns here either tonight or tomorrow. Sorry again for the momentary hiatus!))
((you don’t need to apologize, did you have fun where you went?))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 07, 2021, 06:03:08 am »

((you don’t need to apologize, did you have fun where you went?))

+1

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 08, 2021, 02:53:51 am »

TURN SIXTEEN
I bear thee now mine child,
O Earth, O Sea, O Star,
Seed thy roots, seed thy progeny,
Tis I, the grandest of parents.

- Shapeless Apparition -

FATES DESCISION - CRUMBLE STONE - 1d10 + 3 (Skill) = 10!
FATES DESCISION - MUTATE BUDS - 1d10 + 1 (Secondary Aspect) = 6

Buds squeeze their amorphous bodies into each crack that forms under heavy drilling, the alloys of their equipment managing to remaining as sharp as ever, a testament to the ability to molecularly reconfigure matter that the apparition possesses. Slowly the southern blobs engorge and they engorge, their masses oozing out, looking ready to pop. Yet with their considerable effort, the solid slate wall that seemed to be halting southern expansion crumbles under the pressure. The opening of the sealed chamber beyond causes a great suction and vacuuming of air therein, revealing itself to your buds; a large vault stands here buried just 'neathe the colosseum, it is filled to the brim with gilded treasures and boundless wealth of days long, long past, each and all untouched by time, just as the same blue flame braziers that illuminated the cavern abaft. To a mortal humanoid, such would be a sight of splendor no doubt, yet you've no such notions of wonderment about what has come and gone, your buds slinking into the gold piles with little intent more than adding the material to their biomass.

Centered in the vault is a kind of dias, one thereon lays a skeletal figure, their garb long since disintegrated leaving no more than bone and dust about its tomb. Countless runes etched about the long dead's dias depict a struggle of man against man. Of man bowed before their maker. Of man basking in the light of the day. Of man's demise before eight monsters. Clutched tight within the skeletal human's bony grip is a crystalline sphere, that gives of a mystical signature. Within its cloudy surface, lightning cracks like rolling thunderstorms. As one of the minor buds proceeds to absorb it, arcs of blue light encompass the creature and rend it naught but bio goo in the chamber. . .

Before investigating yourself, you set to the task of empowering the nodes that herald your growth in the eating of the land. A swell of magicks dances up the pumping veins that connect you and them, engorging the nodes briefly. It is not as powerful, nor concentrated a spell than desired, yet its effects are known still. Like eyes of potatoes, the original nodes sprout the smallest of appendages that ever so slowly worm their way into the earth beyond them. Perhaps with time, like your bud-factory, they will fully mutate to your purposes.

- ? -

FATES DESCISION - RESTORE ABYSSAL SAILOR - 1d10 + 2 (Primary Aspect) = 7
FATES DESCISION - SEARCH PATTERNS - 1d10 + 2 (Skill) = 4

Voidlines invisibly snap from their respective selves and entreat with the fallen ship, like webs they wrap about its stone hull and grip it tight to the earth. Though the Abyssal Sailor itself hadn't sustained all terribly too much damage, it was better to use this opportunity to repair it than wait. Especially with the power it could wield, the ability to ferry the abyss far beyond the confines of the east. It would be a necessary part of '?'s claiming of the Throne. Arterial pumps dredge the void from beyond these realms and funneling darkness into its systems. It's a simple task, but even it is draining after the intense struggle just earlier. From the highest, shattered spire of the Keep, you collect yourself '?', your nonexistence having clung to this Nameless World, even under the threat of total annihilation. . .

Chrome Bits turn up little, their numbers having been reduced devastatingly by the struggle and by their elemental foes. Still, the drones continue to dart across the scorched sky of the continent observing every corner they can of the battlefield. Perhaps indeed the other mystic was reduced to naught by the voidray. Or by his own refracted magicks. Momentarily, a ping of energy catches your gaze far to the north centered on the pit. Likely to have been the last motes of the Barrowhold Giant's enchantment being consumed by the murk. It disperses harmlessly into the air as bones are consumed.

The vermin that survived such a cataclysmic event do not even dare to emerge from the festering hole. Snakes, spiders, rats, all manner of the venomous and the plague carriers sit and sulk in the deep tunnels. Intelligent thought was difficult to come by there in the wriggling dark. But one group, much like the Beastkin whom valiantly followed the Lone Soldier to glorious deaths, lurked there, gazing, panicked in their stares. Having just emerged from the nothingness, their souls coalesced in the Den of Woe, where they endured such quaking wrath, praying to their fabricated gods for strength, knowing they've at last been cast down to their hell. . .

((I'll try going in deeper with what's going on in the dungeons in the future, they'd slipped my mind for a little bit during the conflict.))

- Hood -

FATES DESCISION - HIDDEN POCKET - 1d10 + 2 (Primary Aspect) = 9

You sputter in and out of consciousness, stakes of incredible pain cascading across your bloodied, broken body. Yet still you draw breath. For now. Even as the void being's minions dart through the air, surveying the rubble of bone and earth upturned from your great struggle. Managing to pull together the will to survive, even if for a moment's more, you drag your near-corpse with the one good arm you've left across the decimated battlefield. Fingernails dig into the shattered gravels, limp legs and bloodless wounds leaving little trail. After some time it seems you've made it to the pit. Overlooking the deep, dark hole which had trapped you earlier, the remains of your colossus of bone sinks into the inky black below. Unperturbed, you hang yourself from the ledge of the pit, crumbling stones as you do, and with focus, let go. Only allowing yourself to fall for but a few moments, you slam the palm of your hand into the wall, obliterating not the fossilized earth, but the membrane of this prime plane. Your grasp holds true, drawing you into a featureless space seated midst the Sea of Chaos, overlooking the entropic flows. No larger than a closet or two, you slump your body for rest as the pocket closes behind you.

- Maria 'Habitat' Violet -

FATES DESCISION - GROWING ALGAE - 1d10 + 2 (Primary Aspect) = 11!

Fully content to focus upon her own affairs, Maria continues to bolster the life emerging within her little zone of influence. Much like ? or the Shapeless Apparition, all three of these mystics have focused near solely on building up powerful loci of their aspected magicks. In time they will all share with the others the fruits of their labor, when days run thin even in this stagnant Nameless World, when the mightiest of mortals at last have their final clash. . . For now, such thoughts do not plague the verdant mage, drawing now again upon the vibrance that dwells within the Graminaceous Ray she casts both arms out, a flood of discordant teal mist spraying from her fingertips into the shores. In moments, both the small waves and adolescent crabs transport magick into the worm and leech infested waters, where it takes bloom, a great surge of algael growth along with it! The ecosystem expands its reach, branching off toward the new islands southeast.

- Dr. Unpleasant -

FATES COLLIDE! - SLAUGHTER TO THE EAST -
ASHEN IDOLS ATTACK -- 1d10 + 2 (Might) + 1 (Mounted) = 11!
ENKINDLED ONES ATTACK -- 1d10 + 2 (Might) = 10!
JUMPING SPIDERS COUNTERATTACK -- 1d10 + 2 (Skill) - 5 (Outnumbered: POP 2 < 7) = 0

FATES DESCISION - RAISE DEAD - 1d10 + 2 (Primary Aspect) = 7

Nothing would remain 'neath the duress of your soldiers. No happy-go-lucky squirrels, no eversmiling spiders. Spear and blade of stone and bronze cut through and strike true, spilling their pixelated essences of concentrated joy out into the fields, sullied then under hooves of rock and fossil, destroying any hope there left in these lands. Some retreated to the great mangrove tree, yes. But even they would fall prey to the Unpleasant One. The dead that litter these yellow-green grasses are beset upon by dark magicks as before, raising their bodies, transfiguring their smiles into lifeless frowns. The unliving army marches again to the west, returning to the mystic in black's capital while he concentrates on the seething brassen rod, it's eye glowing bright.

FATES DESCISION - INCINERATION - 1d10 + 2 (Ruby-Eyed Staff) = 10!

You close both of your eyes, channeling all sight through the monstrous slit of the ruby staff. It's serpentine gaze darting from tree to tree, falling then upon the central one. The air around you is instantly sucked dry of any and all moisture, even the pixel grass below your feet desiccates and dies by the mere wielding of the artefact. Then at once a blistering inferno gouts from the ruby, a tsunami of flame overtaking all the land to the east of the castle, mirroring what very well may have occurred to this isle countless aeons ago. With that single scorching spell, the whole of the fields are burned away to ash, the banana trees are lit up in flames, and the great central one is fully engulfed. Fires of amaranth and vermillion billow up the trunk, disintegrating the bark in a blink, catching the survivors at the top between a fall or immolation.

All is rendered lifeless on that spit of land, naught but Dr. Unpleasant and his army remain.

Jumping Spiders -- Population: Few (2) -> Extinct (0)[/b]

- % Amon % -

FATES DESCISION - ASTRAL ENCHANTMENT - 1d10 + 3 (Transcendant Aspect) = 11!

Amon chortles at the sudden madness of the wizened Timekeeper, a strange, sad little man. Spurning the Cosmic Throne from which the eight of your entwined souls battle for. The Throne that granted you such power, such magnificence that cascades across your flesh like the stream of time, even were it in exchange for a pound of flesh. A fool, that Clesydros, one who no doubt you'll delight in shattering the mind of in coming days, but for now a streak of generosity seems to have taken shape, and you allow them to retreat. Absorbed with yourself, the Yellow Pixel's words fall deafly upon your ears, you cast hand toward the Beast of Basalt, whose stone body shifts, the metals within bubbling to the surface into a reflective sheen that you may gaze upon your form. Your reflection stands before you; azure ethereal light constantly emanates from your skin, dyed like the infinite deepness of the night sky. Features have been stricken from your face, little more than star-like eyes pierce the veil. You've retained your human shape, purple robes torn from your cosmos-chest and wrapped tight about your waist. Four lengthy arms extend from your shoulder blades, joining the other two.

"Amon. . ." Rumbles BoB, "Why have you let slip the chance to put down your competition?"

You do not answer immediately, though the giant of stone's words ring through your head. Rather you look to the skies above and raise three of your six arms, channeling the magicks of Astral realm beyond the Tree. After a brief delay, it seems the dull sky itself bends and warps to your whim, twisting into a pillar of magick that descends into your fingers' grasp. Each of those three hands holds on to the blue manifestation of drawn astral power, one you cast into the stone titan, the next you set within Gazey's wide eye, and lastly you draw the final orb within your chest. Each of you evolving a new form of power innate to the stars.

Beast of Basalt gains MYSTIC SPARK: This creature is able to tap in magicks and cast spells.
Gazey gains EYE RAYS: This creature is able to fire concentrated beams of starlight from its eye(s), powered proportionally to its might. Gazey also appears to swell in size and stature, gaining an additional +1 Might!
Amon, already imbued with Astral power, merely emboldens himself, gaining a temporary +1 to Astral magicks for three turns!

When all is said and done, you stand upon the edge of the Throne's pillar and consider casting your voice down into the land below. However, you quickly come to the consensus that without magicks, your words will never reach the strange Methuselah whom spread the Bedlam down such a great distance.

- Clesydros -

FATES DESCISION - FLYING TOO CLOSE TO THE SUN - 1d10 - 2 (Delirium) + 1 (Secondary Aspect) + 1 (Origin of Englightenment) = 7

The Razorwings discordantly flitted their crystalline wings, unable to keep a straight path with all the maddening images constantly reverberating throughout the collective, verdant and constantly dying vines that wrap every single thought between Clesydros and the rest, pulling and squeezing them tight. It's a difficult sojourn, but Anassa is able to keep steady enough to allow the Razorwings to cast him back into her abdominal hold. The Kosmites receive him, wrapping the mystic close in their mineral arms, echoes of time therein. Unable to truly shake the creeping paranoia, nor the images displaying within his head, Clesydros is propped gently against a translucent wall. Though their movements are off-kilter, the Kosmites do not seem so affected by the delirium, nor Anassa, perhaps it is their nascent intelligence that is unable to grasp the concepts presented, able to be compartmentalized and quarantined for later use.

-... . / .-- . .-.. .-.. --..-- / ..-. .- - .... . .-. -.-.--

The dragonfly's crystal teeth chatter worryingly, a simple statement even though she need not speak it, not while the reverent emotions for their creator bleed through the fog. In turn, each of the Kosmites within Anassa's hold places their cool foreheads against your own, keeping that connection for a few moments at a time, perhaps it is their way to calm you, to know their thoughts are heard. Whatever the case you manage to stand again, to gaze through toward the light filtering in Anassa. To point your fingers ahead to the sky, and vanish. . ! The Dragonfly, the Razorwings, the Kosmite, yourself, all of you disappear from the area just above the thin air of the Throne with a sudden distortion. When your eyes are opened, you feel the boiling of heat, cast from the immense red orb, yet so too do you feel the constant chilling pull of the astral. Below your feet you see the heartwood that is the Nameless World, its bark, its branches, its roots overcome with a heavy rot.

Voiceless, the divine speech sears hot in your head, demanding you to turn back. Not out of malice, far from it. Somewhere deep inside, between the unstable madness, some salient part of you knows that the air within Anassa's hold will last only so long, especially as you find difficulty keeping a steady pace of breath.

- Yellow Pixel -

FATES DESCISION - ENLIVEN TREE - 1d10 + 1 (Secondary Aspect) = 3

One of the mystics takes off in a fit of strange illusions, the other seems to as of now mostly ignore your presence here. Glad that the brief meeting between the three of you didn't result in bloodshed, you, the falcon, and the few .squirrels remaining find a place to rest across the immense, mostly featureless plateau, save for vines calcified across its marble. You remain still, the falcon begins to rest, while the .squirrels clasp their little hands together beside you as if to mimic your meditation. You ruminate first on the sadness that is this world, nothing like your own. The stagnance of years uncounted, the emptiness, the lifelessness of the land. How, you wonder, how could this be the seed of all life? How could this be the Heart of the Tree? With the Creator of Creators seemingly vanished whether by choice or not, all worlds have begun to decay, the seepings of nothingness worming their way even between the cracks of your home, bright and loving as it is. Could such be the fate of life. . ?

No, you wouldn't dream of it.

Back to reality, the Yellow Pixel focuses all that they can on the distant banana groves, hoping to enchant them with the mystic thoughts of good vibes and happiness alone to little avail. Your magicks do not escape the pillar, sucked deep into the rock. How dreadful, how scorned this game. This meaningless fight between realms, between the ambitions of great mages each of such esteem, of repute. All drawn together to claw and kick, and kill one another over godhood, over the continued existence of their precious worlds. . . The Throne beckons, Yellow Pixel. But you dare not look upon it, lest it drive you mad as it did Clesydros.

((Sadly no, not at all Naturegirl. The meaning of the absence was business, not leisure. Anywho, I know this one's nothing special, but hope everyone hasn't lost interest after that week or so. Back to it! ))

(( Fluffe: Unfortunately, I've already turned down another interested party on account of having more than enough players to deal with at the moment. If anything occurs that might lead to me needed to recruit more, I'll keep you ready as the second consideration. Sorry! ))
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 02:56:35 am by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 08, 2021, 02:57:47 am »

(Alrighty thanks for the consideration! )

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 08, 2021, 05:18:51 am »

"All is right with the world now as everything on the island but me is dead, and that's just how it should be!"
Have my solders repair the walls and trenches around the tomb, while I search it for things that could be used to aid in recovering from my injuries, then search the tomb and see if I can't find any armour I can wear, failing that find some metal I can magic into armour that fits.

(Figured I should probably update the sheet to contain the horse I've been riding for a bit.)

-- Dr. Unpleasant --
| Dr. Unpleasant | Death/Creation Mystic |
| ♥ 5/6 | MGT:2 SKL:2 HRD:2 WIL:4 |
| (++) Death Magic | (++) Fire Magic(CD:1) | (+) Creation Magic | MOUNTED |

Spoiler: Dr. Unpleasant (click to show/hide)
Minions:
| POP LVL 3 | Ashen Idols | HUMAN SIZE | ASH HUMANOID |
| ♥ 1 | MGT:2 SKL:1 HRD:3 WIL:0 |
| MINDLESS | WATER SOLUBLE | LIFELESS FORM | EQUIPMENT | MOUNTED |

Spoiler: Ashen Idols (click to show/hide)
| POP LVL 6 | Enkindled Ones | 1/2 HUMAN SIZE | EMBER HUMANOID |
| ♥ 1 | MGT:2 SKL:0 HRD:2 WIL:0 |
| MINDLESS | EMBER BODIES | LIFELESS FORM | EQUIPMENT |

Spoiler: Enkindled Ones (click to show/hide)
| POP LVL 4 | The Hateful Dead | VARIOUS |
| MINDLESS |
Spoiler: The Hateful Dead (click to show/hide)
| POP LVL 4 | The Pixelated Dead | SQUIRRELS AND LARGE SPIDERS|
| MINDLESS | TWO DIMENSIONAL |
Spoiler: The Pixelated Dead (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 08, 2021, 05:35:12 am »

|| Clesydros || Δ COLLECTIVE | DELIRIOUS | HUMAN | Time/Space Mystic || ♥ 5/5 | MGT:1 SKL:5 HRD:2 WIL:2 || (++) Time Magic | ((++) Creation Magic / (+) All Magic) | (+) Space Magic | (--) All ||
   [INV: Robes | 'Enchanted Timepiece']
   [Δ COLLECTIVE CASTES:
      || POP LVL 4 | Kosmites || Δ COLLECTIVE | REVERSE-TIME REGENERATION | HUMAN SIZE | CRYSTAL HUMANOIDS || ♥ 2 | MGT:2 SKL:4 HRD:2 WIL:0 ||
      || Anassa || INTELLIGENT | Δ COLLECTIVE | FLYING | CAPACITY:(POP LVL 5 | HUMAN SIZE) | REVERSE-TIME REGENERATION | COMMERCIAL AIRPLANE SIZE | CRYSTAL DRAGONFLY || ♥ 4/4 | MGT:4 SKL:2 HRD:3 WIL:2 ||
         [INV: Clesydros | Some(3) Kosmites | Numerous(4) Razorwings | Few(2) Kruovios]
      || POP LVL 4 | Razorwings || Δ COLLECTIVE | REVERSE-TIME REGENERATION | FLYING | BACKPACK SIZE | CRYSTAL ARTHROPODS || ♥ 1 | MGT:2 SKL:2 HRD:1 WIL:1 ||]
   [SUBORDINATES:
      || POP LVL 2 | Kruovios || MINDLESS | LIFELESS FORM | 3/2 HUMAN SIZE | DIAMOND HUMANOIDS || ♥ 5 | MGT:4 SKL:0 HRD:6 WIL:0 ||]

Clesydros clumsily peers through the senses of Anassa, lookin at the gargantuan red orb above them, the images within his mind a haze, a mixture of ones from his 'children' and those still assaulting his mind.
"It is magnificent! Never before have i seen something as brilliant and radiant... But why are we here? This is not the spell i meant to cast! What did i cast? what did i mean to cast...? Ahh yes, the reality-warper, i... This is a bit more of a deterrent than i intended for...  But he's still down there, is he not? That means he still wants to suck my brains dry of knowledge! Knowledge he could never attain through legitimate means, that six-armed freak of a brain-sucker! But... Perhaps i was brought here for a reason...? Maybe the sun itself despises that stain on reality. Then i assume it won't mind that i pluck out the tiniest bit of it, and hurl it toward the Throne, and that madman. Yes, a bit of the firey giant, enveloped in my green spatial magicks... A bright bolt of burning green flame... Perhaps it will take the throne with it? I won't mourn it's loss, that is for certain..."Clesydros gasps, needlessly expending more of the precious air as he remembers the friendly little yellow being"Ah, but the happy little yellow thing... I am sorry, i can not warn you ahead of time, lest you, naïve as you are, warn the reality-warper.... I cannot have his filth sully my pristine Aeons of Waste... I am sorry, my yellow friend. I have no desire to harm you, if it is any consolation."
A wave of doubt and sadness washes over Clesydros as the thoughts enter his mind.

"We should be quick about it however. More important is returning to the world as soon as possible. I rather enjoy breathing. If i did not, i'd have thought of it before! I... I'll aim the translocation to the biggest landmass, though i hardly care where we end up as long as there's some air... Again, i quite enjoy having some air."

Spoiler: Clesydros (click to show/hide)
Castes:
Spoiler: Kruovios (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kosmites (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Anassa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Razorwings (click to show/hide)

((
Nope, no interest lost. Convinently, the same day you took off, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Rightous released, so i've been playing that... Sorta.
But i think whatever you were doing might've scrambled your brains a bit. Now you're talking about trees and roots and whatnot and none of it makes sense to me :P

Also, i suspect we WILL have a drop-out, from magmacube. Some real-life stuff apparently as he posted in his own game thread (Galaxy of Gray).
So, there's a good chance you'll actually get to join, Fluffe.
))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 08, 2021, 06:11:18 am »

(I’m going post later today, But really? I let you go without a fight and you attack me once you get to a safe place, Not even that! I temporarily get a plus 4 to all astral magic! And that includes stars!

😡)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 08, 2021, 06:27:13 am »

Try giving the Graminaceus Ray some venom glands it can control, of course make it immune to said venom too. This should allow protection and a way to attack hostiles

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 08, 2021, 06:57:50 am »

(I’m going post later today, But really? I let you go without a fight and you attack me once you get to a safe place, Not even that! I temporarily get a plus 4 to all astral magic! And that includes stars!

😡)

((Oooh i can just feel the distain and bitterness seeping through the text. I wonder how a +4 to astral magic will help Amon when he gets engulfed in a hot plasma flame? hehehehe :P Just kidding though, relax, it probably won't even hit him, with how the dice are... The odds are stacked against me, and Clesydros might never successfully even produce an attack. Probably a bit pointless to worry about things that haven't happened yet unless you can see the future.

Entirely honest though, it wasn't my intent initially to attack you either but Clesydros' current predicament kinda changed my initial plans.))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 08, 2021, 08:06:30 am »

😡)

((Oooh i can just feel the distain and bitterness seeping through the text. I wonder how a +4 to astral magic will help Amon when he gets engulfed in a hot plasma flame? hehehehe :P Just kidding though, relax, it probably won't even hit him, with how the dice are... The odds are stacked against me, and Clesydros might never successfully even produce an attack. Probably a bit pointless to worry about things that haven't happened yet unless you can see the future.

Entirely honest though, it wasn't my intent initially to attack you either but Clesydros' current predicament kinda changed my initial plans.))

(Nah, Relax. Although I was a little annoyed at first, I was mostly playing it up for the drama.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 08, 2021, 08:06:51 am »

So it ends. One down, another to go.. Where is the surge though, engulfed? Or can I just not feel it?

No matter. Now is the time to work. My friend, please return for now.

? spends some o her free time drawing up furniture nad other things for the homecoming, so that her soldiers can rest. Likewise, the fungal forests are growing well, it should soon be time for fruits to bloom for her forces.

That isn't all she does, as such is mostly forming stuff of lost thoughts. Most important is drawing up this Giant and it's enchantments from the void while it is still fresh, twisted by the abyssal energy to serve her. A giant of white stone corrupted by black voidlines, which can reshape the land with it's might and spread the dark as both shield and path. A brother to the sistership. And lay her own, chaining it to the will of her and her commander(s). Every castle requires a construct to guard it, and this one has proven itself in surviving the conflict so well. The Indomitable Golem of Cantlin.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 08, 2021, 10:03:49 am »

Appariton is taken aback by the sudden explosion and the unfortunate demise of one of the buds. "That... That orb thing can wait a little." Apparition, expecting other mystics to have already advanced significantly by now in conflict, cannot afford waiting for whenever the nodes will mutate, or even find out they'll do that at all. "Buds, you know what to do. Feed the nodes. I need them fully functional for my soon to be sproadic expansion."

"Though, speaking of worrying over the actions of my rivals..." Apparition is suddenly taken over by a wave of curiosity. This may endanger its entire operation, but now it feels like it has to know whats going on outside. So it sends a single bud, ordering it to keep itself hidden and quiet, and peek at other mystics realms. The bud begins digging outside.

Though just after the single bud is sent its way out to the world, Apparition is again captivated by the blue light of the orb. "Now to see that artifacts true nature. Looks shiny. And dangerous." Apparition extends a tiny tentacle onto the mysterious orb, in an attempt to understand its nature, and if it is edible of course. It concentrates all of its magic, to resist the expected and understand its meaning.

Order the bud to feed the nodes.

Send a single bud outside to discover the world.

Magically inspect the glowing orb.

| The Shapeless Apparition | Assimilation/Change Mystic |
| ♥ 11/7 | MGT:1 SKL:1 HRD:4 WIL:4 |
| (++) Assimilation Magic | (+) Change Magic |

| The Buds |
| SMALL SIZE | BLOB | ♥ 1 | MGT:0 SKL:3 HRD:0 WIL:0 | ANIMALISTIC |
Spoiler:  The Buds (click to show/hide)

| The Major Buds |
| MEDIUM SIZE | BLOB | ♥ 2 | MGT:1 SKL:1 HRD:0 WIL:1 | ANIMALISTIC |
Spoiler:  The Major Buds (click to show/hide)

(Is my Bud farm fully functional by now?)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 11:52:02 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38