Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 9: IC Thread!  (Read 22496 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 9: IC Thread!
« Reply #210 on: August 30, 2021, 02:52:57 am »

"I-I'm aware of that much, Casslan, but those were still people and they deserve to rest properly in their grave!"

Alixia lets out a short-lives shriek as the zombie exploded.

"Aaah! Yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck... Nnnnh!"

Despite her revulsion, she marches close to her group, distracting her thoughts with a healing verse.

Moves to 8-8 and uses the Heal staff on Argos.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 30, 2021, 09:23:34 am »

"Orf, where is the item responsible for all of this? Has it been consumed or is it still around?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 30, 2021, 02:29:21 pm »

Something crunched under Alixia's foot as she tapped Argos with her staff.

Quote from: Alixia heals Argos
10+10 = Up to 20HP healed

ENEMY TURN!

The undead rushed against the frontliners.

Quote from: Zombie G vs Ivy
Casslan Guards!
Hit: 83-20-17 = 46
Hit roll: 27, hit!
Crit roll: 55, no crit
Damage: 18-2-12 = 4-3 = 1dmg

Casslan counters!
Hit: 94-6 = 88
Hit roll: 53, hit!
Crit roll: 30, no crit
Damage: 12-1-5 = 6dmg

Casslan counters again!
Hit: 94-6 = 88
Hit roll: 44, hit!
Crit roll: 78, no crit
Damage: 12-1-5 = 6dmg

Quote from: Zombie D vs Argos
Hit: 93-26 = 67
Hit roll: 50, hit!
No crit roll
Damage: 14+2-6 = 10dmg

Argos counters!
Hit: 97-6 = 91
Hit roll: 89, hit!
Crit roll: 9, no crit
Damage: 17+2-5 = 14dmg

Argos counters again!
Hit: 97-6 = 91
Hit roll: 82, hit!
Crit roll: 21, no crit
Damage: 17+2-5 = 14dmg

Quote from: Bonewalker B vs Argos
Hit: 104-26 = 78
Hit roll: 20, hit!
Crit roll: 6, no crit
Damage: 9-6 = 3dmg

Argos counters!
Hit: 97-13 = 84
Hit roll: 16, hit!
Crit roll: 72, no crit
Damage: 17-5 = 12dmg

Argos retaliates again!
Hit: 97-13 = 84
Hit roll: 80, hit!
Crit roll: 34, no crit
Damage: 17-5 = 12dmg

The remaining corpse shuffled toward Prince Aland...

ALLIES TURN!

...and he took that personally!

Quote from: Prince Aland vs Zombie F
Hit: 103-10-6 = 87
Hit roll: 73, hit!
Crit roll: 14, crit!
Damage: 12-5 = 7x3 = 21dmg

"H-Hey! I can fight! I'm gonna show you!" Orf ran around the corner, past Casslan and stabbed the walking dead few times!

Then, looking at all of his own blood, started screaming.

Quote from: Orf the Troublemaker vs Zombie G
Hit: 101-6 = 95
Hit roll: 15, hit!
Crit roll: 93, no crit
Damage: 10+1-5 = 6dmg

Zombie G strikes back!
Hit: 83-23 = 60
Hit roll: 42, hit!
No crit roll
Damage: 18-3 = 15dmg

Orf strikes again!
Hit: 101(+6)-15-6 = 86
Hit roll: 9, hit!
Crit roll: 56, no crit
Damage: 10+1-5 = 6dmg

|=| CHAPTER 2 COMPLETED! |=|

Completed Objectives:
Primary: Destroy all undead.
Secondary:
*Find survivors, if any.

//+1 Level up!

"I... I think I can see the light..." The dagger boy leaned against the mausoleum wall, perhaps a bit dramatically.

Meanwhile Alda zoomed past Argos and ran toward the bodies, kneeling in front of one of them. A blonde boy, a bit older than her, his chest torn open and his wide-open eyes staring lifelessly at the sky.

"Enys... oh, Enys..." After a moment, she reached to tear a piece of her dress and cover the macabre face and its wide-open eyes.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2021, 03:12:10 pm »

Argos was feeling pretty good mopping up the undead creatures. Though that was shortly wiped away seeing Alda run off to what he presumed was Enys' body. A pit seemed to form in the depths of his chest. He would make sure whoever caused all this suffering would pay! Either way, he would leave consoling the lass to someone who is... more well spoken then he is. Instead the lad marched over to their overdramatic hideaway.

"Eh, you're making it seem worse than it really is. It's nothing fatal or something that can't be patched upped!" Argos gave Orf a big smile before holding out a hand to help up the thief should he accept, "Ya did good man! Thanks for the help!"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:37:49 pm by Aurorix »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2021, 04:38:47 pm »

As soon as the battle came to a close, heavy emotions lingered in the air. Alixia wanted to attend to the young man they found in the mausoleum, and she wanted to comfort Alda, and she wanted to do at least the bare minimum to sanctify the graveyard once more. Many fronts that required her attention.

But first, to investigate what crunched under her foot earlier.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 31, 2021, 09:37:41 am »

Pitting a defense capable of fending off steel against risen corpses possessing distended claws as their only weapon produced predictable results. While Casslan wasn't able to take down the shambling cadaver that attacked Ivy before Orf assisted—and was wounded for his troubles—he also wasn't put under pressure.

In fact, the team itself dispatched the walking dead with ease, and Casslan waited until Orf recovered to start questioning him.

"Where's the item the merchant sold to you?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 31, 2021, 09:53:02 am »

@Alixia:

Under Alixia's foot, there was a small - now crushed - box of purple glass. Faint traces of dark magic lingered to the shards, no doubt the rest dissipating when the box was stepped on.

@Casslan:

Orf calmed down and looked at Casslan.

"Enys had it... it was, like, a purple box. I think made of glass? Looked... looked quite fancy."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 31, 2021, 12:36:38 pm »

"We need to find it, in case it might be able to cause further..."

And Casslan had barely started to look around before noticing Alixia and the purple shards from the destroyed box. One less problem. Maybe the pieces would have clues, though he'd rather keep questioning Orf for the moment.

"Orf, what do you remember about the merchant aside from the purple cloak? Which way he went, for example."
>Yes?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 31, 2021, 03:03:25 pm »

"Well, he called himself 'Sir Purplecloak' and I think he mentioned living 'up in the mountains' or something. He talked mostly with Enys and Raug and Callsan... and now they're dead..." The youth stared at Alda, who still tended to the corpses.
SigFlags!

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 01, 2021, 05:07:47 am »

Adrienne drifted awkwardly near Alda for a while, both intending to say something to comfort her over her loss, and yet completely incapable of knowing just where to start. Eventually she settles on a short and simple.

: "I'm... sorry for your loss."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 02, 2021, 03:32:08 pm »

"Thank you... but he is dead now, and, and..." She stood up and turned towards the only survivor.

"And he lives!" Alda stepped forward to Orf, who glared at her.

"And what you would like me to do? Lie half-eaten amongst them??"

"I bet you ran away! You ran away like always! Enys and others probably wanted your help but you ran away!"

"I wasn't going to get myself killed! Don't yell at me being smart, yell at Enys for being a moron, more like!!"

"How DARE you!! Enys was bright and strong and everything! And you're the worst, Orf! I hate you!!" At verge of tears, Alda spat at Orf's face, one of gravest insults there is amongst Hestian kids. She ran back to the corpses, sobbing and trying to cover the faces of the others.

Orf looked to the side and wiped his face with the edge of his shirt.

"Most of... the dead guys... had only few relatives in the village, if any. If you want to, well, deliver the bad news... you should let Elder Zozka do it for you."

"I see. I must admit I was surprised with your... knifework. I didn't expect someone so young to handle it so well. You were helpful, ignoring some comments for now."

"Thanks?... didn't help Enys and others much, though..." Prince Aland nodded, and turned to Alixia.

"The corpses need to be re-buried. Argos and Casslan with help you with that, please ensure the burial rituals are re-done too. The dead should be honored properly."
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 04:05:50 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 02, 2021, 10:33:53 pm »

Casslan mostly ignored the conflict between Alda and Orf. Alda was shocked and angry and consequently asking too much of a survivor, Orf had been a coward but had kept his life thanks to it. The bodyguard had nothing of useful to add by interfering.

"Are there shovels in these grounds?" he asked, already gearing up to start on re-burial work.
>Yes?

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 03, 2021, 12:06:38 pm »

"Maybe the gravekeeper's shack is somewhere nearby, Casslan? It can't hurt to take a look around here..."

Alixia doesn't want to butt into the quarrel between the two. She knows that everybody griefs in their own way. Time has to pass first before they should attempt to approach each other again. Forcing the issue could just strain things even further.

"I'm not trained in it, but... I'll do my best to ease the lingering spirits in this place until proper rituals have been done. And to maybe drive away what little might be left of the darkness that befell this place."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 04, 2021, 04:20:37 pm »

"No, we, we usually bring tools from the village... we have no caretaker here."

"Hmmh. Then it is best we depart for the village. Adrienne and Ivy will accompany me. Orf, do you know the short way?"

"Oh, through the fields, yeah."

"Then lead us, please."

"But..." The youth glanced at the angsty girl.

"Sorry for being blunt, but you can't help here. Let's go."

"..."

Three hours later, Whitesmoke village, at Elder Zozka's house...

A great feeling of despair and mourning befell the villagers for obvious reason. But the Prince and his five companions were now having a chat with the elderly leader of the village.

"Yesh, our village's gonna die out at this rate... first them adults, then the kids..."

"Apologies that we weren't able to rescue your villagers. I wasn't quick enough."

"Nah, nah... nobody expects to be fightin' walking corpses by noon. Not you, not them kids..."

"..."

"But, muh Prince, you wanted to talk about this?"

"Well, no, actually. Is there a Hestian garrison or a road fort nearby? One that we could visit today?"

"Eh, yesh, yesh there is! You just go back to them crossroads and march northwards. There's be Smoketower, is small but they soldiers patrol them roads."

"Do they have horses?"

"Yesh, I think so, yesh, I've seen them riding back and forth the road few times..."

"I see. Thank you." Prince Aland stood up from the stool he was occupying.

"Won'tchu stay for a cup of hot brew at least?"

"Apologies, but we must depart as soon as possible. Or, well, to be honest, I want to get my hands on this 'Sir Purplecloak' as soon as possible." The Prince turned to his companions. "Are you ready to depart?"
SigFlags!

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 06, 2021, 02:52:43 am »

The drunken scholars could be chalked up as a dangerous inconvenience, maybe as a prank. But now, the same person has used children to resurrect the dead, leading to their demise. After the initial shock has resided, a white flame has slowly but steadily started to burn up inside. For someone who willingly and knowingly disturbs the peace of those in their last rest, there can be no mercy and no forgiveness.
The only natural reaction is disgust.

"I am."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29