Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 9: IC Thread!  (Read 22491 times)

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 9: IC Thread!
« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2021, 12:27:13 am »

"The Inn near the center of town huh? Alrighty then, should be simple enough. Well Ivy? I’m ready to split if you are!"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:34:56 pm by Aurorix »

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 15, 2021, 09:52:25 am »

: "Yes your highness, we shall be on our way."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 15, 2021, 01:29:01 pm »

"Good luck."

@Ivy and Argos:

The inn, as it turned out, was closed.

A burly man was hammering some planks to a hole in the roof. Possibly the innkeeper?

@Casslan and Aland:

There was a lone, large house at the top of nearby hill.

"Usually houses overlooking the village are where the elders live. At least that's what I have been told. Is this true, Casslan?"

@Alixia and Adrienne:

There was little activity in the village. A group of young kids were running circles and shouting around a young girl. She noticed the approach of Adrienne and Alixia easily.

"Greetings..." The girl looked over Adrienne's equipment, before scolding one child for punching another. "You two mercenaries? If you are trying to find a way to Twelvebay or Coastwatch, you've taken a wrong turn."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 15, 2021, 01:48:03 pm »

"It varies from place to place, especially as village chiefs perish and the role might not stay in the same family, meaning the house might then change unless it's set to be always the same, with the new elder moving in."

"It is still a good starting point, your Highness."
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 09:17:00 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 15, 2021, 10:59:54 pm »

"Oh, it’s closed... that’s a shame. We’ll probably need to camp out again tonight. I was really looking forward to a nice bed too..." He let out a sigh. Kinda strange how the inn is randomly closed today. Did they go out on a trip or something. Hopefully the man they were chasing had nothing to do with it. This thought was cut off when Argos noticed the hammering noises coming from above them. "Hey Mr.Roofman!" Argos call out from below, "Have any idea why the Inn is closed today?"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:35:08 pm by Aurorix »

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2021, 12:30:05 am »

"Keeping out visitors from the sky?" Ivy commented dryly.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2021, 10:40:25 am »

Adrienne tries to put on a friendly face, key word 'try'.
: "Oh we're nothing of the sort ma'am, we're just a couple of travellers who're passing by the village in search of someone. Have you seen anyone with a purple and black cloak in town lately?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2021, 11:04:45 am »

@Ivy and Argos:

The man stopped hammering and straightened up to look at the two.

"It's Roof Day!" He said before resuming his work. Apparently, it's a valid answer?

@Casslan and Aland:

"Well, let's go then?" Aland moved up to the house and knocked on the door. Then again.

There was no answer.

Prince Aland opened the door and took one step in.

"Hello? I have entered your house?"

"Yesh! Yesh, I'm right in a moment!" An incredibly old voice came from upstairs. Creak, crack, went the ladder as an incredibly old lady stepped down. Seeing the two visitors, she wiped her hands into her dress.

"Yesh! What can I do for you two? Did you take a wrong turn to Coastwatch?"

@Adrienne and Alixia:

"A man in purple... oh! You mean 'Sir Purplecloak'? The merchant of trinkets extra... tra-ord... trinkets that are magical? After Enys and the boys bought that magic box from him, he left. They talked with him for a while, so you might want to wait until they return if you want to see if they know where he went?"
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2021, 12:22:06 pm »

"Roof day?" Argos tilted his head and raised one eyebrow, "Is that a new holiday or something?"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:35:16 pm by Aurorix »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2021, 01:53:54 pm »

Casslan really had to talk to the prince about the risks of trespassing, even as part of royalty.

"Oh no, we are not lost but simply looking for a man in a purple and black cloak. A merchant I believe."

"Why the question about Coastwatch? Are there many people headed that way accidentally ending up here?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2021, 11:03:47 pm »

Roof Day, indeed.

"Since you seem well versed in knowing days, would you happen to know when Take Your Visitors' Gold So That They Can Actually Rent a Room to Stay for the Night Day is?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2021, 10:43:04 am »

@Ivy and Argos:

"No?" Thonk thonk thonk. "It's a day when you fix roof of your house. Don't you have a roof day back home? I will open the inn when it's fixed." The man wiped the sweat off his brow, then hammered some more.

@Casslan and Aland:

"Purple cloak? Well, there was a merchant yesterday, but I didn't see him. You gotta ask the youngins about'im, they spend every evening at the inn. Also, yesh!" The old woman rubbed her lips.

"You can't see it, but we're all in a hole right now. A big, big one. If there's fog coming, we're the first to get it and the last to get rid of it. Gets foggy on crossroads too, and people stumble in here by accident every week at the least! That's why my great-grandfather called our little hamlet 'Whitesmoke' in the first place!"
SigFlags!

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2021, 11:11:07 am »

: "Ah, thank you for the information ma'am, but if you don't mind me asking, could you tell us where the boys went? We're in a bit of hurry right now, but it's fine if we have to wait."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2021, 11:16:14 am »

@Adrienne and Alixia:

"Oh, they went to our local graveyard to check out if the trinket they've bought works. Sir Purplecloak said it 'raises the spirits of dead' so you can talk with them. Enys and others lost their relatives to disease that hit us last year, and we can't afford a Necromancer's services, so they were eager to have a chance and speak one last time with their parents and such." A raven croaked menacingly from nearby rooftop before flying away.

"I'm sure they will be back shortly."
SigFlags!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2021, 11:29:27 am »

"We do need to check into the inn so that's convenient for us. Where is it? In advance, thank you for the information and sorry about the intrusion." Casslan asked while glancning at the prince in case he also had his own questions.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 01:04:09 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29