Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 9: IC Thread!  (Read 22492 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 9: IC Thread!
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2021, 05:16:41 pm »

"Ah right..." Father Erif snapped his fingers. "Ivy. I remember you being rather fiery. Ivy ag Roderik, right." Prince Aland coughed, having quickly read the little note in the meanwhile.

"The prophecy-"

"I won't be helping you with that!"

"What! Why? If its about money, we've got money to pay you."

"It's not about money! By the love of the Goddess, must you interrupt your elders like so before they have a chance to explain themselves? Children..." The old man shifted on his chair, leaning forward.

"It is that I no longer possess the relevant source material. The books, I mean."

"Ah." Prince Aland's voice was nothing but dissappointed one.

"I do remember the prophecy, not its text of course, but the prophecy, yes, your mother and I stumbled upon it in that one book from Nelestia. It was a book that had Umbral text on one page and someone's translation on the other. The title was like, 'Translations of Prophecies of Umbral Beasts', or some such. Your mother thought there might be additional meaning that the original translator might have missed, so she translated it on her own, using what knowledge she had and filling in the gaps with some educated guesses. Very impressive, her lingusitic skills, are. Were."

"Pardon me for stating the obvious, but Nelestia is a big nation full of libraries, mage academies and bookstores, if what I've heard about it is true. Finding one book will take eternity, Father Erif, and I think I don't have that much time."

"Well, it might help you to know that the book is part of the private collection of one Generof Capulli, the current or previous Master of Nelestian Royal Library. He lended me that book and few others about the time your mother was studying under me."

"Current or previous...? What do you mean by that?"

"You see, I haven't seen him in five years, if not more. And last fall I have heard rumor that Master of Nelestian Royal Library have died of swamp fever. Well, there's only one such Master at a time, so if one died, it must've been old Generof." Prince Aland rubbed his forehead in consternation.

"Do you have any good information for us, Father Erif?"

"I might. Generof often spoke about donating his collection to the First University after his eventual death. Of course, as Master of the library, he had the right to govern his books. And if he didn't, then his collection is most definitely part of the Royal Library now. If I were to place my hedge bets, make any assumptions or put down any suspicions, the 'Translations of Prophecies' is in Magecrown, or the First University. Probably."

"Probably."

"That is indeed what I have said, young prince!" Prince Aland let out a sigh.

"Well, even this might help us in our search. Thank you for your time, Father Erif. We will depart at once." The Prince turned towards the door, but Father Erif stood up.

"Ah, you're not interested in a bit of rest? Matron Karavala makes a lovely vegetable stew. Spicy, crunchy."

"Erm, no, no I think... there's still much of cleaning here to do, and we're, err, outsiders, and I would rather not be a nuisance to the residents of this temple while their busy restoring their home. If anything, we can always find a roadside inn. Thank you for your time once again, Father Erif." Prince Aland bowed his head in respect, and led the group out of the chamber.

Standing in the stairway hall, Prince Aland grumbled.

"Magecrown or First University. Probably, he says." It was obvious from Aland's voice that he was slightly annoyed.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2021, 05:48:44 pm »

"A lead is better than no lead, your Highness. And at least they are in the same direction."

Hopefully it'd be in Magecrown, though. Less travel time, farther from home.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2021, 07:45:30 pm »

"It does feel as if we have a long journey ahead of chasing down a multiplying string of leads, doesn't it?"

"And 'Roderik'," Ivy said in a low, amused voice. "My father would be furious if he cared about that old man's influence."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2021, 09:02:42 am »

Prince Aland let out a loud sigh.

"I do not intend to return home in failure. Nelestia it is."

"Prince Aland!" The elderly matron quickly approached from the southern corridor.

"Apologies, I do not think I was introduced to you, miss..."

"I am Matron Karavala, my Prince. It is an honor to have you here! Impeccable timing, too! I wager you're looking for this vile merchant of evil items, then?"

"Err, no, actually no. My father, King Asfalthe, sent me here to discover the true meaning of a prophecy. We're arrived here during the time of your distress purely by coincidence."

"Oh, apologies... the timing made me think you were investigating the man responsible for this. May I inquire where are you headed?"

"Nelestia. Magecrown, or First University. Hopefully the passage through Redforest will be quick and uneventful."

"Would you consider a detour throught the northlands, my lord?"

"Northlands?"

"Clearhost and Firstport, my lord. You see, I have talked with few maidens and those few men who regained their senses. The peddler who caused this hailed from there and even claimed his magical wares were from there. And the man, is, in fact, missing, but nobody remembers him leaving. He must've escaped during all the chaos. No doubt he wishes to hide away in the north, plotting perhaps another nefarious deal..."

"You wish him brought to justice and you think he might've escaped to his homelands in the north?"

"Something like that, yes."

"I'm sorry, but that is quite far from our goal. Almost the opposite way, in fact."

"You could try and obtain a passage through the seas on a boat from Firstport. I've lived there several years when I was a maiden, and ships fetched passengers between our kingdoms every so often. You could perhaps land in Water's end, and then take the river ferry down to Rivertown and beyond to the Lake Suneye. Or just make a hike overland. I know this might postpone your search by a week or maybe two, but still..."

"..."

A) "I'm truly sorry, but even few days difference could be important in our search. We have no time to spare looking for a man in the Northlands."
B) "I would prefer to reach Nelestia as soon as possible, but I guess this man could be dangerous. We will look for him in the north."

//Route decision time! Post your vote in OOC Thread; once all 5 players decide, we will continue the plot!
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2021, 02:34:44 am »

"I would prefer to reach Nelestia as soon as possible, but I guess this man could be dangerous. We will look for him in the north."

"Ah, blessed be Umi for this encounter. Can I ask that you take Alixia here with you?" Prince Aland looked at the sister in question.

"May I inquire about the reason?"

"Well, she is a traveling spirit at heart and you're doing traveling. And besides, I see no healer or even a herbalist in your entourage. If some illness or a grave wound befalls your highness on the journey, there might be not enough time to fetch you to a city with a healer. Wouldn't you agree that it would be thus very beneficial for Alixia to accompany you?" The Prince looked at the sly matron, and rubbed the back of his head.

"If... if you put it that way..." After a brief pause, Aland looked at Alixia again.

"I won't take anyone with me against their will, though."
SigFlags!

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2021, 05:27:12 am »

"Your Highness, do not be concerned about my wellbeing. It is my duty to serve, and if assisting you will bring peace to those of lesser birth, then I am fulfilling that duty."
"In addition, the matron is right. A healer makes an arduous travel safer. The Silver Goddess has blessed you with safe travels, but the extend of her blessing should not be challenged by carelessness. I shall accompany you."

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2021, 06:02:26 am »

Argos did not seem too thrilled at the prospect of searching through hundreds of books from a couple libraries to get their answers. Book reading never interested the boy, unless it happened to be fantasy or adventure novels.

"Well, I know I certainly get beat up a bunch so I don’t mind. You’ll have a lot of work on your hands just so you know!" A strange thing to be upbeat and prideful about, "Besides, you know what they say! THE MORE THE MERRIER!" He slams down an enthusiastic thumbs up in her direction,

"WELCOME TO THE GANG ALIXIA!"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:34:17 pm by Aurorix »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 14, 2021, 06:27:49 am »

Alixia closes in on Argos and boops his forehead with the back end of her staff.

"Tut-tut, my easily excitable friend! It is His Highness' privilege to welcome a new person into His company first."

She then leans forward slightly.

"I do appreciate the enthusiasm though."

With a gentle smile, she turns back to Aland.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 14, 2021, 06:36:17 am »

"My approval seems like a formality at this point. I am glad to have you at my side, Miss Alixia." A moment later, Matron Karavala pushed an ornate staff into Alixia's hands.

"Well, if you're going after the man behind this mess, you might need something extra my dear. Safe travels to you. And you too, Prince Aland."

//Alixia receives Mend staff!
SigFlags!

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 14, 2021, 07:26:24 am »

Luckily for the lad, his headband softened the staff boop. Though, he was still spooked back in surprise. Didn’t exactly expect to be meeting with the butt end of a staff.

"Hey! Since when was that rule?" The boy responded in a more joking manor to the priest. Not exactly getting riled up over it.

"It’s only a formality if you make it so, Aland. Ya gotta put more OOMFPH into it! Get some movement! Raise the volume! Come on try it!" Argos pumps his fists in, goading the prince on.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:34:39 pm by Aurorix »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 14, 2021, 08:15:29 am »

Alixia gracefully accepted the Mend staff and bowed her head.

"I thank you very much, Matron Karavala. I will pray that this place will see no further commotion."

She then turned around and booped Argos' forehead once more.

"Speaking of commotion, this is still a temple and a place of study, plus its inhabitants are recovering from today's incident. Please refrain from 'raising the volume' until the temple is at the horizon, Mr. Invoker."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 14, 2021, 08:16:54 am »

"Miss Alixia is right. But, we're leaving anyways. Good luck restoring the temple, Matron Karavala."

"Worry not, your highness! This temple stood for centuries, some drunk men throwing furniture around won't do much harm to it."

"I see. Let's go, everyone."

Few minutes later, the Temple of Our Lady of the Solemn Oath was already behind them.

"Miss Alixia, the Matron said you're a traveler, right? Have you been to Nelestia, then?"
SigFlags!

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2021, 09:44:17 am »

With her travelling pack on her back and the Mend staff in hand, Alixia looks up from inspecting the Matron's farewell gift.

"I can't say I have yet, Your Highness. I only started to travel recently."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 14, 2021, 05:13:37 pm »

"Ah, I hoped you would know the lands a bit. Well, it will be a new experience for us both, then."

Few days later after leaving the Temple of Our Lady of the Solemn Oath, Prince Aland and his group met up with a traveler.

Said traveler mentioned meeting the merchant, who wore 'a cloak of purple and black'. The traveler declined the wares and the merchant headed westwards, said the traveler.

Few days more after the meeting, Prince Aland's entourage arrived at the village of Whitesmoke...

"This mist has been up since morning, isn't it? Mayhaps that's why the village is called Whitesmoke?..." The village was spread along several paths, with buildings small and tall. At least three dozen homesteads, perhaps more.

"Alright. Let's find some information. Ivy and Argos will try to find a local inn, there's definitely one near the center of the village. Me and Casslan will try to find the village chief's house. Miss Alixia and Adrienne... have a look around, too."
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 03:01:34 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 14, 2021, 11:00:32 pm »

"Yes, your Highness."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29