Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Broken Mod  (Read 838 times)

Coeruleum

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Broken Mod
« on: July 18, 2021, 07:23:41 am »

I threw together some other people's mods and then added some content I made myself. Can anyone tell why this just crashes? Thanks!

https://ufile.io/1iowqeml

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Broken Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 08:42:21 am »

How old were the mods you used? I found some things in the error log indicating that at least one of them is outdated (references to old hard-coded instruments). My guess is that there are also other issues, such as duplication errors or overwritten files, but if you're using mods incompatible with the current version of Dwarf Fortress then that's the first thing on the list.

Coeruleum

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 11:48:34 pm »

OK, that's probably why it just crashes. Which of them was broken and is there a new version? Thanks!

(The rest will probably not just crash, but I need a working base before I just make all civilizations playable and work on different kinds of elder dragons and lesser dragons.)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 05:06:27 am »

The raws complaining about the instruments were found in entity_bugbear_cf.txt and entity_chaos_dwarf_cf.txt, so whatever mod using the "_cf" suffix for its file is partially at fault.
I do think it's better that you do this part of the research, though. You presumably have all the mods you used in your /downloads folder, or at least know where you downloaded them from. It's much easier (and probably quicker) than for someone who doesn't really know which mods you used, as that isn't made clear by the raws folder. And every mod thread here on the forum should either tell you what version it is for (the current is 0.47.05, though anything newer than 0.40 should be compatible), or the thread will be very old.