Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I Can't Find An Opened Passage By The Levels I Pulled In Vault To Progress  (Read 1132 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile

I have explored every room but there are no more doors I could find. I was rearching the floor too. Are vaults bugged to sometimes have no passages?
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Properly fixxing this and the many other structure generation issues requires rewriting the underlying map code, which is planned.

The act of creation is an iterative process, and "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile

What truly impresses me is that the universe is being invented. Right before our eyes. And one day there WILL be apple pie. It's incredible.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile

What truly impresses me is that the universe is being invented. Right before our eyes. And one day there WILL be apple pie. It's incredible.
That’s the thing to keep in mind with DF. Enjoy what you can do, and what each new update brings, and don’t be depressed about what you can’t do, because one day maybe you’ll be able to — enjoy each update, and plan for the glory of the next one.

And it shall be glory, gentlemen.
(and ladies, and others)
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That’s the thing to keep in mind with DF. Enjoy what you can do, and what each new update brings, and don’t be depressed about what you can’t do, because one day maybe you’ll be able to — enjoy each update, and plan for the glory of the next one.

And it shall be glory, gentlemen.
(and ladies, and others)

7 years. I will not forget that delay.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website

7 years. I will not forget that delay.

From what I can tell, it's a convoluted issue that affects a feature so intentionally obscure and difficult that the vast majority of people probably never got there in the first place. And in terms of severity, it is not a crash or corruption. Fixing it would be much work for little payoff, compared to more devastating matters like military raids, or more prevalent issues like material selection, or even simple quirks like mushroom tree ramps.

The ugly side of triage is that some bugs remain unadressed, in favour of the game at large.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile

The ugly side of triage is that some bugs remain unadressed, in favour of the game at large.
*looks sideways at medicine mechanics*

I have not encountered that particular problem, but man, on your first vault too.
In a time before time, I had a name.