Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Trading Card Game: continuation of the original thread linked below  (Read 2389 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

The anger of the Bees subsides... For now...

I draw a card...

I play Honeycomb at the cost of 1 Star!

While Honeycomb is in play, my other cards get a boost in power!

My Busy Bee attacks Asteroid Belt, destroying it! (It took a total of 4 damage last turn). Busy Bee takes 2 damage, and is reduced to 2 Hearts. This creates an Asteroid for you...
Flower Field (No effect) attacks Cosmic Sky, destroying it. No asteroid from this one.
Both Honeycombs attack the older Asteroid, destroying it and reducing them by 1 heart each.

This ends my turn.

Spoiler: Supernerd's Stats (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

As I draw, my Waning Crescent undergoes a transformation, the lunar cycle at play! Becoming a dark, hopeless New Moon!

Hm. I'll need to build up some stars again to be any kind of threat. So with that in mind. . . Come out, White Dwarf!

My asteroids will collide with your empowered Busy Bee. Destroying themselves and dealing 2 damage in the process, while also granting me two stars. Hope for the future.

Spoiler: Unraveller's Status (click to show/hide)
I've lost control of my life.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I draw a card...

I play a card Face-down!

As much as I hate to just give you the third Star, I'm going to take out the New Moon now while its convenient. I feel its going to get worse before it gets better.

Two Beehives attack New Moon, destroying it! Both beehives take 2 damage.
My Flower Field attacks White Dwarf to deal 1 damage to it, reducing it to 3 Hearts

This ends my turn.

websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

And so the moon falls, both of us still untouched in the hearts deparment. Regardless, I draw a card!

I'll use the stars you've so graciously granted to me by playing this card, Solar Eclipse!

While the sun is blotted out and light dwindles, every card on your field must be flipped face down, and remains so, as long as the sun is still eclipsed!

Unfortunately, I cannot immediately capitalize on this, amd simply must hope your overwhelming star count is not my downfall. Thus I end my turn.

(Just to be absolutely clear, Solar Eclipse only affects what is currently fielded. Anything coming after is unaffected. And potentially, I'd say cards that were already face down are probably unaffected to? That's more up for interpretation.)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll play Honeybee and end my turn.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

Damn. I could easily be undone by a mere honeybee. I'll hope that's not the case, and draw a card.

Hm. It's no saviour, but I'll play this, New Moon!

And with that, I too end my turn.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I draw a card...

I play a card face-down. This one is unaffected by eclipse.

Honeybee attacks White Dwarf, destroying it! Because it attacked, it too is destroyed.

That ends my turn.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

Alright, the New Moon shifts its phase, transforming into the Waxing Crescent!

Its effect increases deepens the Eclipse, increasing its hearts by two!

Now I'll draw.

A lucky card it was too. I'll play another Cosmic Sky!

Since your field is entirely face-down, nothing blocks my Solar Eclipse from dealing 3 damage to you directly! The first blood so to speak. As I end my turn, my new Cosmic Sky grants me a star and deals a single damage to itself.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Click here for the appropriate music

I draw a card...

It seems the time has come. Its time to unleash my true power! I play Incoming Swarm!

For each star I have, this creates an Angry Bee! And I have nine Stars! That means...

Four Angry Bees attack Solar Eclipse! This destroys it and permits me to flip my face-down cards!

I flip up my Flower Field, Both Beehives and Honeycomb! The other cards can stay down for now.

With Honeycomb face-up once more my cards power up! The remaining five Angry Bees now have 3 Attack and 4 Hearts! (The hearts won't help me in the slightest).

Two Angry Bees attack Waxing Crescent, destroying it!
Two Angry Bees then attack Cosmic Sky (Which had 6 hearts) and it too is destroyed!

The final Angry Bee, Flower Field and both Beehives attack you directly to deal a total of 6 hearts of damage!

My turn ends, and The swarm passes, and all remaining Angry Bees are destroyed!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(And to think, Supernerd still has the facedowns. BEES!)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

No. . . NO, Not the bees, not the bees!

I should have expected such a maneuver. . . The sky is empty now, cold. The far off buzzing in the distance is ringing in my ears. Hm. What can I do but draw a card?

I'll put my hope into this last star of mine, BIG BANG! Bring about a new universe!

The top three cards of my deck are thus:

Hm. It's no saviour again. My Meteor Shower is little of aught, dispersing nothing but dust without stars to power it. While my Neutron Star is destroyed, unable to fulfill its effect, thus cannot be played. Alas, I am left with a single Red Giant.

I end my turn. Perhaps my last.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, that Big Bang had me worried for a moment there. (I'll comment that it perhaps should have had some mechanism in place to prevent it from being played on your first turn if you are going second. The current context is fantastic though)

I draw a card...

As I quite clearly do not have another incoming swarm in my hand, you live to take another turn. Instead I play Flower Field!

Instead of attacking, No effect Flower Field, Both Beehives and Honeycomb generate a Star for me, bringing me up to a quite silly 13 Stars.

This ends my turn.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

(That is a good idea, would be a little silly first turn. I can definitely see there is some definite tuning needed to a handful of my cards, some a little better than others for sure. But this has been a good duel thus far regardless.)

I'll draw. And quite sadly will have to end my turn. Despite the eight cards in my hand. But not before Red Giant will deal a single damage to the Honeycomb.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I draw a card...

I'll pay 1 Star to play Giant Bee!

This will prevent you from attacking my Honeycomb so casually! And speaking of which, I flip over the second most recent face down card I played to reveal... Hidden Bee!

Because your Red Giant attacked my 0 Attack honeycomb, Hidden Bee's effect can activate! It deals 3 damage to Red Giant!

Powered up by Honeycomb, Hidden Bee then attacks Red Giant for 4 damage which destroys it! Hidden bee now has 3 hearts remaining.
Both my Flower fields and both Beehives attack you directly to deal a total of 4 hearts of damage!

Instead of attacking, Honeycomb generates a Star for me.

And this ends my turn!

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

I'm afraid that even after drawing again, I've nothing to play. With my star engines mostly gone, the few remaining outs in this deck and even hand are mostly useless.

Sadly, I'll have to coincide this one to you and your adorable little bees. I'll remember to do well and not anger the swarm ever again.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5